The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #951
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In an igloo with the dog sled nearby
Posts: 193
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorOdinSon View Post
just give up. Some people on this site will have an excuse for Marvel every single time. Thor 2 marketing has been horrendous, and when this movie fails at the box office, people will probably make more excuses. No one one outside of the fan base is excited to see Thor 2(people will see it, but it's not a can't wait like hunger games which made me read the books), and Marvel is doing a damn good job, making sure no one cares. This movie NEEDS marketing because if it fails, Phase 2 will be very hard to pull off successfully. But from where I'm standing Marvel seems more concerned with Winter Soldier, and almost seems to be writing this movie off completely.
Oh, I didn't realize that you're a marketing genius. Why don't you call up Marvel with all of your brilliant marketing ideas and let them know just how bad of a job they're doing.

Marvel pays marketers big bucks to do what they do best. So how about you just can it, hey? You're predicting the movie will fail, so why are you still here? Why don't you just take your ridiculous pessimism and leave?

OstrichsRevenge is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 02:43 PM   #952
Thor Odinson
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 340
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichsRevenge View Post
Oh, I didn't realize that you're a marketing genius. Why don't you call up Marvel with all of your brilliant marketing ideas and let them know just how bad of a job they're doing.

Marvel pays marketers big bucks to do what they do best. So how about you just can it, hey? You're predicting the movie will fail, so why are you still here? Why don't you just take your ridiculous pessimism and leave?
Don't bother. He keeps repeating the same speech since the day he joined this forum.

Thor Odinson is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 03:19 PM   #953
Mightyally
Mr Arcade
 
Mightyally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,178
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Itīs good that you express you concern, a true fan you are ThorOdinSon!

I think Marvel got this one under control tho, and that phase 2 will be sucessfull. Donīt worry about that. I guarantee Thor TDW will reach the "acceptable" level of profit.
Can someone explain to me about the trailer things, I donīt understand what thatīs all about tbh?

Mightyally is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 04:25 PM   #954
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,731
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Itīs good that you express you concern
At this point... no it's not. All he does is express concern. Not even valid concern. He's getting into Alexei territory.

__________________
Natasha Romanoff - "Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 04:52 PM   #955
Mightyally
Mr Arcade
 
Mightyally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,178
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Hey, remember itīs not about him having a hard time to believe it might go down differently. He knows that there could be sucess. Itīs just that he believes that itīs more likely to fail if they donīt "focus" more on Thor, which he obviously is a big fan of.

Itīs more about him being new to discussion at this forum (35 posts). He wants to make a point and get some confirmation. Do you think I gave up because Rock Sexton gave me hard time (with logical reasons ofc) when I suggested that there might be Widow Bucky romance flashback. Or when we "fought" over the IG pictures and theories.

He doesnīt know exactly where the line goes or how to drop things and move on even if you disagree when he is a newbie. To have someone partly agree would probably make him move on and start talk more about other stuff.

You are treating him with what he deserves, not as newcommer, but as experienced member. Donīt get me wrong, someone must tell him to turn it down a notch but donīt get so "angry" because he does a little wrong. Suggestions and a nice approach usually does it.

Mightyally is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #956
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,749
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Hey, remember itīs not about him having a hard time to believe it might go down differently. He knows that there could be sucess. Itīs just that he believes that itīs more likely to fail if they donīt "focus" more on Thor, which he obviously is a big fan of.

Itīs more about him being new to discussion at this forum (35 posts). He wants to make a point and get some confirmation. Do you think I gave up because Rock Sexton gave me hard time (with logical reasons ofc) when I suggested that there might be Widow Bucky romance flashback. Or when we "fought" over the IG pictures and theories.

He doesnīt know exactly where the line goes or how to drop things and move on even if you disagree when he is a newbie. To have someone partly agree would probably make him move on and start talk more about other stuff.

You are treating him with what he deserves, not as newcommer, but as experienced member. Donīt get me wrong, someone must tell him to turn it down a notch but donīt get so "angry" because he does a little wrong. Suggestions and a nice approach usually does it.
This is actually him toned down. His first several posts were very angry and confrontational. He then went on a sabbatical for a month until the first trailer came out and was much calmer. He's been a hit-and-run poster ever since then. It's not going to surprise me when his angry side comes out since that's how he started on here and that seems to be his personality.

Webfoot Hero is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 05:57 PM   #957
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!
 
Smashlilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,807
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Now i remember the Kronans. I remember seeing them in the Planet Hulk movie.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorOdinSon View Post
just give up. Some people on this site will have an excuse for Marvel every single time. Thor 2 marketing has been horrendous, and when this movie fails at the box office, people will probably make more excuses. No one one outside of the fan base is excited to see Thor 2(people will see it, but it's not a can't wait like hunger games which made me read the books), and Marvel is doing a damn good job, making sure no one cares. This movie NEEDS marketing because if it fails, Phase 2 will be very hard to pull off successfully. But from where I'm standing Marvel seems more concerned with Winter Soldier, and almost seems to be writing this movie off completely.
That's because the winter soldier is currently filming. It was the same way when Thor was filming and and Ironman 3 was in post production. We were getting more Thor leaks and set footage that Build up a lot of hype. Now that Thor is in post production so we aren't going to get that much until the second trailer comes out. You're just being antsy impatient. lol We all are.

__________________
Quote:
What is the most indestructable thing in the avengers? Ironman's suit, Captain America's Shield, or Thor's Hammer? The correct answer is Hulk's Pants

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 07-27-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Smashlilman is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 06:05 PM   #958
Thor Odinson
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 340
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
This is actually him toned down. His first several posts were very angry and confrontational. He then went on a sabbatical for a month until the first trailer came out and was much calmer. He's been a hit-and-run poster ever since then. It's not going to surprise me when his angry side comes out since that's how he started on here and that seems to be his personality.
This.

Thor Odinson is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #959
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 25,712
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Hey, it isn't his fault TDW has the worst marketing evah!!!

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 06:16 PM   #960
Farren
Side Kicker
 
Farren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Under Harvey Dent's Desk
Posts: 2,525
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifiwolf View Post
Wow, all this talk about Kronans, and the excitement for it, and I'm just trying to play catch up on Thor and Marvel. I picked up some graphic novels for Batman prior to TDKR, and just went through some Wolverine stuff, and am getting ready to read Days of Future Past. Any suggestions on Thor graphic novels? Especially leading up to TDW? My buddy suggested Civil War as a good Marvel run in general, but I really need to get some good, Thor-centric material.
I can't suggest any Thor reading material, but personally I'd advise against Civil War if you are looking for quality. The events in Civil War admittedly had a lot of fallout for a lot of the players in its events (mainly Captain America), so it has some value as a way to orient yourself to the Marvel-verse, but that's about it. There are folks who like it though, so YMMV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorOdinSon View Post
just give up. Some people on this site will have an excuse for Marvel every single time. Thor 2 marketing has been horrendous, and when this movie fails at the box office, people will probably make more excuses. No one one outside of the fan base is excited to see Thor 2(people will see it, but it's not a can't wait like hunger games which made me read the books), and Marvel is doing a damn good job, making sure no one cares. This movie NEEDS marketing because if it fails, Phase 2 will be very hard to pull off successfully. But from where I'm standing Marvel seems more concerned with Winter Soldier, and almost seems to be writing this movie off completely.
Loki's massive Fangirl Army will fill the seats in November with or without heavy marketing. I'm not concerned.

__________________
C2: Cyclops Fans - United (2006)
I Believe in Aaron Eckhart

Last edited by Farren; 07-27-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Farren is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 06:20 PM   #961
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 25,712
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifiwolf View Post
Wow, all this talk about Kronans, and the excitement for it, and I'm just trying to play catch up on Thor and Marvel. I picked up some graphic novels for Batman prior to TDKR, and just went through some Wolverine stuff, and am getting ready to read Days of Future Past. Any suggestions on Thor graphic novels? Especially leading up to TDW? My buddy suggested Civil War as a good Marvel run in general, but I really need to get some good, Thor-centric material.
- Walt Simonson's run is required reading.

- Thor the Mighty Avenger was cut tragically short, but is great reading.

- Straczynski's Thor run is the great modern telling.

- Thor: God of Thunder, the current run in the comics is gold.

For my money, the best Thor has to offer.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 07:42 PM   #962
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 11,705
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

The torture some fans put themselves through.
Dark World marketing will pick up come the change in weather. Thor and his story looks to be the focus given what we see in the teaser. Let's chill and have some mead ThorOdinson.

KRYPTON INC. is online now  
Old 07-27-2013, 09:51 PM   #963
ThorOdinSon
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 36
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Thor fan. Yes. Angry person. Hardly. I predicted a while back that the marketing for this movie was poor, which it has been, and people bashed me. People attacked me, and still attack me personally, when my post have always been about Thor. I could point out names, but I don't feel the need for that, because this is just a forum FOR discuss. I come on this site a lot, and though I don't always post, I do read the comments, and when I see people speak of there displeasures of Thor 2 post production, it's almost always the same reaction...bash the poster and defend Marvel. Just because Marvel has professionals on the production team, doesn't mean their fool prof. Many reasons can be the blame for this, but what is apparent is that Thor 2 is not getting that much exposure, like IM3 did, or compared to titles unreleased. My example of Hunger Games 2, following a movie that did much better then Thor, is doing an amazing job with their post marketing. Posters of main characters, interviews from actors/actress, screen art, screen shots, trailer(s), ect. Yes Hunger Games was a great movie, but the production team has made everyone excited to see it. Google Thor 2(mind you, your actually looking for new info, imagine all of the people who are not), and your going to see the same information from months ago, and fan art. Other then seeing a few toys, and talks of Thor's hand, nothing has changed much for months.

Say what you will about me, but I'm simply observing what is going on. I love marvel, but not so much that I'm going to make excuses for it. Thor was an okay movie, that was tied to a great one. Thor the character is still very much in the dark, even after his own film, and his stand alone movie NEEDS promotion. Spiderman, Iron Man, Wolverine, and Hulk, are american favorites, if anything they don't need that much exposure. Thor is still a B lister, compared to the cast I just mentioned, and he needs the extra push. The actors should be under contract to talk Thor 2 where ever they are, and Chris Hemsworth hadn't evens seen the comic footage, which means he wasn't even prepared to discuss it with the public if asked...that's incredibly crappy. Is this movie doomed...of course not, anything can happen, but everything is pointing to this movie being a let down to Thor fans.

ThorOdinSon is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 09:59 PM   #964
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 11,705
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

This is sounding very familiar... Almost like an echo of the MOS marketing complaints. It's awhile to go before the big push for the GA comes. What we've seen is just the start of the ad campaign. Not the end. Tom's SDCC appearance and the coming 2nd trailer are not even the tip of the iceberg. There will be visibility of this film in the mass marketplace, count on it. I don't think, for a number of factors that THE DARK WORLD is expected to do IRON MAN 3 numbers, but I suspect we will all be surprised at the total BO take. MARVEL is looking to make $ for this and their track record so far indicates they DO know what they are doing.


Last edited by KRYPTON INC.; 07-27-2013 at 10:00 PM. Reason: spelling
KRYPTON INC. is online now  
Old 07-27-2013, 11:19 PM   #965
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,031
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Hey, remember itīs not about him having a hard time to believe it might go down differently. He knows that there could be sucess. Itīs just that he believes that itīs more likely to fail if they donīt "focus" more on Thor, which he obviously is a big fan of.

Itīs more about him being new to discussion at this forum (35 posts). He wants to make a point and get some confirmation. Do you think I gave up because Rock Sexton gave me hard time (with logical reasons ofc) when I suggested that there might be Widow Bucky romance flashback. Or when we "fought" over the IG pictures and theories.

He doesnīt know exactly where the line goes or how to drop things and move on even if you disagree when he is a newbie. To have someone partly agree would probably make him move on and start talk more about other stuff.

You are treating him with what he deserves, not as newcommer, but as experienced member. Donīt get me wrong, someone must tell him to turn it down a notch but donīt get so "angry" because he does a little wrong. Suggestions and a nice approach usually does it.
You weren't here when he started.

EVERY single post of his...literally, literally every single post was an over exaggeration, regarding the lack of news. Completely unnecessary. It's all he talked about, and would disregard anyone else' valid rebuttal against it. It got wearisome, and now, that he's at it again...people have every right to be complaining

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 11:42 PM   #966
darkslayer101
Side-Kick
 
darkslayer101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,605
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
This is sounding very familiar... Almost like an echo of the MOS marketing complaints.
lol it sounds a lot similar to IM3 marketing complaints for me. during the 5 months of zero news between the trailers, people were complaining about poor marketing at the IM3 boards.

darkslayer101 is online now  
Old 07-27-2013, 11:58 PM   #967
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 11,705
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
lol it sounds a lot similar to IM3 marketing complaints for me. during the 5 months of zero news between the trailers, people were complaining about poor marketing at the IM3 boards.

Well either way you slice it the complainers were proven wrong by the BO.

KRYPTON INC. is online now  
Old 07-28-2013, 12:31 AM   #968
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,371
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Where's that "PTA has disbanded" GIF when you need it?

Saitou Hajime is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 12:36 AM   #969
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick
 
Ms. Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: S.W.O.R.D.
Posts: 2,891
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
lol it sounds a lot similar to IM3 marketing complaints for me. during the 5 months of zero news between the trailers, people were complaining about poor marketing at the IM3 boards.
I wonder what they consider "good marketing".

TWS is the one that needs the most marketing. GOTG as well.

__________________
2014 CBMs

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9 4. Guardians of the Galaxy 9.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.

Last edited by Ms. Marvel; 07-28-2013 at 12:40 AM.
Ms. Marvel is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 01:39 AM   #970
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,642
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Yeah Thor marketing will ratchet up in a couple weeks. No worries at this point. Some folks just need something to complain about.

Joeyjojo72 is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 02:08 AM   #971
Doc Ock
1951-2014
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 7,383
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Yeah Thor marketing will ratchet up in a couple weeks. No worries at this point. Some folks just need something to complain about.
I figure August is where the marketing for Thor will really begin and once Thor comes our way Im sure Cap will get the same treatment starting around Thor's release just as the first trailer and marketing for Thor kinda teased around Iron Man 3's release.

__________________
The Winter Soldier - 9/10 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 7/10 | Days of Future Past - 9/10 | TMNT - ???? | Guardians of the Galaxy - ????
Doc Ock is online now  
Old 07-28-2013, 02:24 AM   #972
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,129
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

I can't wait for the new trailer, I want to see more of the scope and story as well as more Thunder God action.


__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 02:32 AM   #973
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 11,705
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I can't wait for the new trailer, I want to see more of the scope and story as well as more Thunder God action.


The talk of the content of the SDCC footage also has me pumped. I never even considered something like "hand gate" or the like. If we get a quick glimpse of Kurse and some of his throwdown with The Thunder God as well as a snippet of Loki interacting with Jane and Jane and Sif I will be happy as a clam at high tide.

Do you think Jane will get to explore for the audience the fact that these beings were at some point in Earth's history worshipped as gods? As a scientist it wouldn't be out of character to be curious about that.

KRYPTON INC. is online now  
Old 07-28-2013, 02:40 AM   #974
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,129
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The talk of the content of the SDCC footage also has me pumped. I never even considered something like "hand gate" or the like. If we get a quick glimpse of Kurse and some of his throwdown with The Thunder God as well as a snippet of Loki interacting with Jane and Jane and Sif I will be happy as a clam at high tide.

Do you think Jane will get to explore for the audience the fact that these beings were at some point in Earth's history worshipped as gods? As a scientist it wouldn't be out of character to be curious about that.
Yeah Kurse scuffling with Thor, a few new shots of Thor fighting the Dark Elves and Marauder would be tops. Throw in Loki, Jane, Odin, The Warriors 3, and Sif interacting with each other and my day will officially be made.

I'd really like to see Jane exploring The Asgardians "god hood", I also want the Asgardians to wow Jane with their super abilities.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 02:49 AM   #975
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 11,705
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Yea, verily! It's not like this is your average cross cultural romance. This is meeting your boyfriend/girlrfriend's family and they're the rulers of a small country and you're heading to the motherland for the weekend..... MULTIPLIED BY A FACTOR OF 10,000!

KRYPTON INC. is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Đ2014 All Rights Reserved.