The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 07-25-2013, 10:48 PM   #801
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Default Re: MAN OF STEEL 2: Superman/Batman (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juansuperiron20 View Post
type public enemies supes and bats flying
It would be absolutely epic.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:22 PM   #802
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
The Batmobile. It has to be in this movie. Dying to see a new version that isn't the Tumbler or bat-pod.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the Batplane. It would be cool to see Batman battling Superman in the sky with that plane.
Not expecting the batmobile to be in this. I think they have too much to create in little time. They'll work on that for the first solo film I think.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:23 PM   #803
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

C'mon, Paul Walker can drive the batmobile!

Old 07-25-2013, 11:43 PM   #804
dmc
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Having Superman and Batman fight alongside each to take on their enemies would prove to be more epic than some of the other tag team battles that I've seen an good amount of people enjoy in the past:

1. Spider-Man and New Goblin vs Venom and Sandman

2. Vin Diesal and the Rock vs Big ass thugs

3. Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes vs Cobra

4. Wolverine and Sabertooth vs Deadpool
It saddens me that I find #2 to easily be the best out of these.

dmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:52 PM   #805
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmc View Post
It saddens me that I find #2 to easily be the best out of these.
The first one wasn't too bad. Number 4 on the other hand......

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Ms. Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:08 AM   #806
blumatic
Side-Kick

I can't imagine this being a Superman/Batman movie when there is no Superman but only Kal. Superman is not Superman until he's announced as Superman.

People are forgetting that there is still a Superman story to tell, how can it be a fully blown Duo film when one character is incomplete and the other most likely being full fledged already.

blumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:09 AM   #807
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

It'd be interesting to see the reactions here though IF it's later confirmed that this film is in fact a direct sequel to MOS, thus being MOS 2, and that Batman is just an element that's being brought in for it. Would people react more nicely to the notion that this is still a superman story for the most part, thus him getting the most development, or would we have another mixed reception on our hands?

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:16 AM   #808
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
It'd be interesting to see the reactions here though IF it's later confirmed that this film is in fact a direct sequel to MOS, thus being MOS 2, and that Batman is just an element that's being brought in for it. Would people react more nicely to the notion that this is still a superman story for the most part, thus him getting the most development, or would we have another mixed reception on our hands?
I think there are two camps. One that wants to see an individual franchise reach its true potential, and another that wants to see a fully realized DCU.

I lean toward the former, but the latter would be amazing if done right.

MOS2 would satisfy camp#1, while camp#2 would probably get tired of "just more Superman (and Batman, to a certain extent)."

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:40 AM   #809
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
I think there are two camps. One that wants to see an individual franchise reach its true potential, and another that wants to see a fully realized DCU.

I lean toward the former, but the latter would be amazing if done right.

MOS2 would satisfy camp#1, while camp#2 would probably get tired of "just more Superman (and Batman, to a certain extent)."
Indeed.

Honestly, IF this is done right for the most part, and treated more like MOS 2, with Batman involved, and if both characters are utilized properly, then this could be a real BIG change...the kind of change that DC and Warner Bros. needs right now.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:34 AM   #810
Project862006
Banned User

epic fan trailer
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:44 AM   #811
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
epic fan trailer
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
He's the best video editor on Youtube at the moment IMO. You guys should check out the rest of his channel... Epic stuff

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:55 AM   #812
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

that was cool.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:48 AM   #813
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Indeed.

Honestly, IF this is done right for the most part, and treated more like MOS 2, with Batman involved, and if both characters are utilized properly, then this could be a real BIG change...the kind of change that DC and Warner Bros. needs right now.
EXACTLY. That's why it should have Batman as a minor third-act character, who stands in the way of Superman saving the day. However, it should set it up by showing a well-dressed stranger that randomly appears, and also have an early shot of Batman's supercomputer with a silhouette of Batears in the background.

If Batman is a major character, he could derail the focus of the movie.

If he's a minor character, than it's a sequel that just happens to have Batman in it. That would be a more mature movie, IMHO.

Then afterworld, a full-on Superman/Batman movie can happen.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:02 AM   #814
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

There's no way Batman will be a minor character in this. Absolutely no way. At worst he'll be a major supporting character.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:19 AM   #815
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
There's no way Batman will be a minor character in this. Absolutely no way. At worst he'll be a major supporting character.
Yup. You dont announce a Superman/Batman movie 2 years before it hits cinemas over a simple cameo or minor appearance. Itll be a 50/50 split to satisfy both camps, no other way.

Glassjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:28 AM   #816
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I'd argue that the only way to satisfy the superman camp is for batman's role to be reduced.lol

Old 07-30-2013, 07:31 AM   #817
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

You're probably right, but that's not a sound strateg,y GA-wise. People will go to see both, as the title will probably suggest. A movie like this with Batman reduced to the 3rd act is going to fail big time.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:33 AM   #818
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
You're probably right, but that's not a sound strateg,y GA-wise. People will go to see both, as the title will probably suggest. A movie like this with Batman reduced to the 3rd act is going to fail big time.
True, and don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for Batman's role to be severely reduced where it's like the situation that you're mentioning.

Ideally, and I speak as a superman fan when I say this, it'd be great if they could somehow give Batman the right amount of exposure in the film and still make the film feel like a "MOS 2" film but with Batman in it, but not in a minor role of course.

And truth be told, one must wonder if there might be a risk in overexposing Batman to the GA considering how many films Batman has been in, let alone on how recent it was since we last saw him.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:36 AM   #819
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Yup, aka my worst case scenario: Batman being a major supporting role.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:39 AM   #820
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

If you want to strangle a DCCU in it's crib, by all means get fans and GA members to the theatre for an advertised SUPERMAN AND BATMAN film, and then have ole Bats in it for 22 min. I mean it worked for GL's movie right? Made you think you were in store for a big space epic with aliens and new worlds. Instead they made a run of the mill, mediocre superhero movie. I mean, the bait and switch worked, right?

KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:44 AM   #821
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Yup, aka my worst case scenario: Batman being a major supporting role.
No matter how I see it, despite the best of intentions, I think one group of fans (Superman or Batman) will ultimately get the short end of the stick in this scenario.

This is is why timing was so important for the film and truth be told, Snyder and company really rushed it with this film. There are just too many variables and factors going into this film that don't really align up with everyone's best interests and like I said, if people thought that MOS would divide people then this has the potential to do even more so.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:44 AM   #822
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
I'd argue that the only way to satisfy the superman camp is for batman's role to be reduced.lol
just give him as much time as harvey dent got in tdk

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:48 AM   #823
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
just give him as much time as harvey dent got in tdk
There are quite a few that would argue that Harvey Dent though was the lead protagonist in a sense for that film considering how much of a compelling arc he had.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:57 AM   #824
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
There are quite a few that would argue that Harvey Dent though was the lead protagonist in a sense for that film considering how much of a compelling arc he had.
And then there were people like me that could care less if Harvey lived or died because he was an extranious character that's only there for an unecessary "fourth act" which in it self was there only to lay ground work for a story we never got to see.

That's the last fate I want Batman to mimic in any way.

KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:50 AM   #825
J.Howlett

Deadline is reporting that the Flash is headed to the small screen first. Instead of working on the Wonder Woman TV series, CW is going to introduce Flash on Arrow next season and then spin him off into his own series on the network.

Everyone remember this post...per this news, I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that after this Man of Steel sequel that features Batman, the next film is TRINITY with the introduction of Wonder Woman.