The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 06-30-2013, 02:17 AM   #126
Paradox1
Side-Kick

Default Re: Daredevil reboot in the near future?

You are right Disney has some movie studios they can have make the film through like Touchstone, Columbia and Imagine. If this happens my dream team of creative people would be writer/consultant Frank Miller he has written some of the most memorable DD stories ever and my writer/director Ben Affleck.

Affleck may have starred in a movie many would like to forget(Though I really liked it) he is now an accomplished Director. Many years ago Affleck was thought as the guy who rode on Matt Damon coat tails to fame ooops guess people have to rethink that. Plus Affleck is a fan of the character who when he starred in the role wish they stuck more to the comics.

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Paradox1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:49 AM   #127
BlackFox
Kuzuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
Punisher and Moon Knight to be down right can't have Disney anywhere near it. Other studios have made terrible Punisher movies but family friendly Punisher marketed to the masses makes me want to vomit.

DD is in the grey area of heroes he can be portrayed as dark or light however the best DD stories embrace his darker nature, I don't know if you can get that at Disney right now as constructed. I really think they need to have some kind of Max like studios that can really let loose.
True words spoken well.

Punisher would have to be a 18/15 rating to be any good and DD a darker tone than any of Cap/IM/Thor films. Im not sure either would fit in to the current Marvel universe created on film.

HAWKEYE PUNISHER WOLVERINE WAR MACHINE

DREDD
BlackFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:21 AM   #128
Project862006
Banned User

i still feel ben affleck as a director would give us an awesome DD film with his street crime centric gone baby gone/the town style

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:02 AM   #129
BlackFox
Kuzuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
i still feel ben affleck as a director would give us an awesome DD film with his street crime centric gone baby gone/the town style
The Town was a great film, made me realise Affleck has a great deal of talent.

HAWKEYE PUNISHER WOLVERINE WAR MACHINE

DREDD
BlackFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #130
Green Goblin
Not the Hobgoblin!

With Disney producing, I doubt we will get a dark and gritty DD movie fans deserve (not PG-13) but a PG-13 could work if done well IDK.

Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #131
Blackman
King Kong

PG13 would be fine for DD.

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #132
The Overlord
Side-Kick

What should the story be though? Its a bit too early to do Born Again, so should do the origin again or some sort of gang war story or something else. I really think they should have a different set of villains this time, doing Kingpin, Bullseye and Elektra again would be the wrong to go, at least with the first movie.

The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #133
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
What should the story be though? Its a bit too early to do Born Again, so should do the origin again or some sort of gang war story or something else. I really think they should have a different set of villains this time, doing Kingpin, Bullseye and Elektra again would be the wrong to go, at least with the first movie.

Actually, the original DD movie wasn't much of an "origin," was it? He'd already been pounding the pavement in costume for some time before the story began, iirc. So a DD movie that is a *true* origin story would be a good start for an MCU reboot.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #134
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

IMO a more light-hearted tone in the vein of the Karl Kesel/Joe Kelly runs from the 90s would be more appropriate for a reboot. Light and funny without being too kiddy, and mature without being too dark. Then you can consider doing a Born Again for the sequel and you'll have the ESB to your ANH.

Saitou Hajime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #135
Blackman
King Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Actually, the original DD movie wasn't much of an "origin," was it? He'd already been pounding the pavement in costume for some time before the story began, iirc. So a DD movie that is a *true* origin story would be a good start for an MCU reboot.
Yep. And I agree a full origin reboot would be good. Take some elements from Ultimate Daredevil, Daredevil Yellow, etc. and theyll be good
this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
IMO a more light-hearted tone in the vein of the Karl Kesel/Joe Kelly runs from the 90s would be more appropriate for a reboot. Light and funny without being too kiddy, and mature without being too dark. Then you can consider doing a Born Again for the sequel and you'll have the ESB to your ANH.
The Nolan universe is the perfect tone for DD imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post

I actually think The Town is the perfect tone for Punisher. R Rated without being over the top, very dramatic, and exciting

Last edited by Blackman; 07-01-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:24 PM   #136
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post

More like a Christian Bale Batman to an Adam West Batman.

I'm not a fan of CBMs going all grimdark to be any good, but certain titles *have* to be grimdark. DD is one of them. DD makes Batman look like a ray of sunshine in the comics.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:17 PM   #137
Blackman
King Kong

If they can show Karen having a drug problem with PG13 then Im fine with that rating. I mean I know in PG13 they wont show her shooting up, which Im fine with because I f***ing hate needles, but if they can't at least show her a bit strung out than make it R.

Other than that, I dont think Daredevil needs to be R rated dark. Neither does Iron Fist or Luke Cage (although those could be a lot lighter than DD should be)

Punisher should be R though. Same with Blade and Ghost Rider. Just don't go overboard for the sake of an R rating, especially with Punisher. I think thats one of the things they got wrong last time

Last edited by Blackman; 07-01-2013 at 11:21 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:59 PM   #138
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

After seeing The Wolverine I am even more confident in my choice of Mangold. Solid director, he is. With a good grasp on character, tone, and bone breaking action with fantastic choreography.

Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:22 AM   #139
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

I agree!

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:40 AM   #140
lozzy.94
Im no Side-Kick

I still think Daredevil is better suited for Television with the whole 'Lawyer by day Superhero by night' aspect. After the inevitable success of Agent Of Shield I can definitely see Marvel expanding the MCU more into Television and Daredevil could be a prefect direction to take it.

lozzy.94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #141
Green Goblin
Not the Hobgoblin!

If Marvel didn't do Demon in a bottle then I doubt we would get a dark DD movie...

Old 07-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #142
Mr. Dent

Yeah they should make Daredevil into a TV show. Really no reason to try and push him as a movie franchise character especially since it doesn't seem like Marvel Studios plans to go street level with their films anytime soon. The fact they're doing Agents of SHIELD kind of points to them keeping street level stuff to the TV.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #143
Green Goblin
Not the Hobgoblin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Yeah they should make Daredevil into a TV show. Really no reason to try and push him as a movie franchise character especially since it doesn't seem like Marvel Studios plans to go street level with their films anytime soon. The fact they're doing Agents of SHIELD kind of points to them keeping street level stuff to the TV.
I think it deals more with Aliens on earth kind of thing. At most it's just super humans. I could be wrong as I havn't read much on it.

Old 09-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #144
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

After watching the Daredevil DC again (some years since last time) I decided to read up a bit on DD and also bought some comics. At the moment it's just the ones from Frank Miller and I gotta say I really like them and plan to buy more.
I really wish Marvel would give him another chance, there is just so much potential. Give him a new movie, a tv-show or even a cameo in a future marvel movie or the Shield show. Just give us something good.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #145
Rorschach2012
$

I don't want to see Daredevil on Agents of Shield. The two properties seem way too different to mix well on tv. Agents of Shield seems more lighthearted than anything else Marvel Studios has come out with, i don't want one of Marvel's darkest characters to mix with its lightest MCU property. if Daredevil shows up on tv it should be on a gritty tv show of his own, Daredevil deserves way better than a ****ing cameo on the cheesy looking Agents of Shield.

I've loved the MCU, but Agents of Shield just does not appeal to me at all, and i hope Daredevil (one of my favorite Marvel characters) never interacts with Coulson or the rest of those nobodys in the new show.

Old 09-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #146
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

I suppose you're right about that one, I don't really know too much about the Shield show so I guess the tone would be wrong for DD.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #147
Loki882
Side-Kick

Mark Waid's current run isn't overly dark, so something like that could work.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:02 AM   #148
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

TV series is the way to go IMO.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:19 AM   #149
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
TV series is the way to go IMO.
Mine too.

Tymminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #150
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

I'd like to see a Daredevil film lead into Moon Knight, or vice versa.

I hope that the new Matt Murdock is a compelling actor. It doesn't have to be a "superstar", though.

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote