The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 07:37 AM   #976
nefarious_e
Death's BFF

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

I am excited that they seem to be having fun with the characters and the way they interact. I like Thor, Loki, Jane, Sif, the warriors, etc, as individual characters but they are all so much for fun in their interactions with each other. Many of actors themselves are so great in their roles but more than being great individually they really complement each other.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:44 AM   #977
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Yea, verily! It's not like this is your average cross cultural romance. This is meeting your boyfriend/girlrfriend's family and they're the rulers of a small country and you're heading to the motherland for the weekend..... MULTIPLIED BY A FACTOR OF 10,000!

It's like the end of Coming to America on crack.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

She's Your Queen
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 07-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #978
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Smashlilman... You get a Scooby snack... What da hell...SCOOBY SNACKS FOR EVERYONE!

Old 07-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #979
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

When do we get to see the second trailer?

Old 07-28-2013, 08:30 AM   #980
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifiwolf View Post
...Secret Life of Walter Mitty...
How dare they remake such a classic movie starring the comedy genius of Danny Kaye (Whom Tom Hiddleston sort of resembles with his natural hair.)?!

- It's not your exterior that should be the litmus test of your value but what's inside your heart.

"One loyal friend is worth 10 thousand relatives." - Euripides
Old 07-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #981
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Smashlilman... You get a Scooby snack... What da hell...SCOOBY SNACKS FOR EVERYONE!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 07-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #982
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
When do we get to see the second trailer?
August 7th I believe

gettin closer and closer. Regarding marketing, there's nothing to worry about, but I can't wait for that 2 month period where we get Thor shoved down our throats

Old 07-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #983
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
The talk of the content of the SDCC footage also has me pumped. I never even considered something like "hand gate" or the like. If we get a quick glimpse of Kurse and some of his throwdown with The Thunder God as well as a snippet of Loki interacting with Jane and Jane and Sif I will be happy as a clam at high tide.

Do you think Jane will get to explore for the audience the fact that these beings were at some point in Earth's history worshipped as gods? As a scientist it wouldn't be out of character to be curious about that.
that's what I would hope. How intimidating it would be too. Sure we see the Asgardians on screen and their culture. But Jane is the audiences window.

Seeing Asgard from a human's perspective could be awe-inspiring..and meeting Odin, would be VERY VERY intimidating. That's what I want to feel

Old 07-28-2013, 11:27 AM   #984
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
that's what I would hope. How intimidating it would be too. Sure we see the Asgardians on screen and their culture. But Jane is the audiences window.

Seeing Asgard from a human's perspective could be awe-inspiring..and meeting Odin, would be VERY VERY intimidating. That's what I want to feel
I hope we get to experience none combat Asgardian strength level from Jane's perspective. From the the Asgardians perspective, Jane should feel like a fragile fine Porcelain Doll doll amongst men and women made of steel.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 07-28-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #985
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

I have 2 things to say.

1. 7th of August, sweeeeeet!
2. Scooby-Doo is so freaking awesome. Think Im gonna find my old Whats New Scooby-Doo dvd box. )))))))))))))))

Old 07-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #986
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifiwolf View Post
I was shocked I didn't even get trailer 1 for this with The Wolverine. I figured Marvel would've wanted the new one attached to it, but understand if they thought a bit more separation from Comic Con was necessary. But to not have anything? Marketing fail right there.
It's pretty much down to individual theatres which trailers get attached to currently showing films, nothing Marvel or any other studio have control over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I figure August is where the marketing for Thor will really begin and once Thor comes our way Im sure Cap will get the same treatment starting around Thor's release just as the first trailer and marketing for Thor kinda teased around Iron Man 3's release.
Yeah, IM3 started releasing character posters around mid-February.

Moreover, IM3's second trailer was released early March. With TDW's second trailer coming out Aug 7, that puts it a month ahead of IM3's schedule, so for anyone bi***ing about marketing:

Jog on.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 07-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #987
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

lol

Old 07-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #988
Rock Sexton
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post

I want to feel the intensity that should ideally be there when Odin is reunited with Loki. That should be one blowout argument.

Old 07-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #989
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
I hope we get to experience none combat Asgardian strength level from Jane's perspective. From the the Asgardians perspective, Jane should feel like a fragile fine Porcelain Doll doll amongst men and women made of steel.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Yeah I'd like for the Asgards to lift, break, or move something extremely heavy in front of Jane. I want the differences between Asgardians and humans to be shown much more flagrantly, not just the culural differneces but physical ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
I want to feel the intensity that should ideally be there when Odin is reunited with Loki. That should be one blowout argument.
And hopefully an awesome power display from Odin which silences Loki.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 07-28-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:27 PM   #990
warriorking
Side-Kick

Not sure if this has been posted, a good read...

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/07/2...-severed-hand/

Old 07-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #991
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

In JMS' run when Asgard was on Earth there was a cool moment of someone meeting Hogun and he has a wild boar over his shoulder. It's revealed Hogun hunted the boar in north Texas and walked back to Oklahoma. That was a way to show the difference between Asgardians and humans.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:41 PM   #992
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Yeah I'd like for the Asgards to lift, break, or move something extremely heavy in front of Jane. I want the differences between Asgardians and humans to be shown much more flagrantly, not just the culural differneces but physical ones.

And hopefully an awesome power display from Odin which silences Loki.
Odin the abusive father.

No wonder Loki acts out.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #993
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Odin the abusive father.

No wonder Loki acts out.
lol just thinking about that makes me laugh, Odin get's mad and releases a blast of energy that KO's Loki, mid argument

Old 07-28-2013, 10:29 PM   #994
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
In JMS' run when Asgard was on Earth there was a cool moment of someone meeting Hogun and he has a wild boar over his shoulder. It's revealed Hogun hunted the boar in north Texas and walked back to Oklahoma. That was a way to show the difference between Asgardians and humans.
That was a good way to show the difference, but I hope they use something alot heavier than a boar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Odin the abusive father.

No wonder Loki acts out.
Lol I wouldn't really call it "abusive" considering all the things Loki's done.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 07-29-2013, 01:07 AM   #995
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
This one was different. It appeared to have Malaketh(sp?) in the center.

I'm at work and can't upload images but here's a link to where I found it.

It's most likely fake but figured I'll see if you guys can tell.

http://recommandedmovies.com/?p=1705258
Iear that's in our Manip section somewhere. Like the old threads, not Thor 2.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 07-29-2013, 04:23 AM   #996
Octoberist
point blank

Did anybody here think it was strange that there was NO REAL PANEL with the actors for Thor 2 at Comic Con? Sure it had Tom as Loki (which was cool) at the premiere of new footage at Hall H, but it was strange.

Plus, director Alan Taylor was at the Marvel booth signing autographs. I've heard rumors drama behind the scenes and it seems like they were exaggerated; though I wonder if some of it is true and by staying quiet, no one will notice?

Old 07-29-2013, 05:53 AM   #997
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

No not really. Most of the actors were pretty busy with other projects.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 07-29-2013, 06:41 AM   #998
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

I just have to give props to Tom for actually jetting to San Diego for that while in the midst of playing the grueling lead role in Coriolanus on stage.

- It's not your exterior that should be the litmus test of your value but what's inside your heart.

"One loyal friend is worth 10 thousand relatives." - Euripides
Old 07-29-2013, 06:41 AM   #999
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread