The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 07-26-2013, 01:32 PM   #51
Sabaoth
Master

Default Re: What's the worst that can happen?

If Superman becomes super-boyscout cop again.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #52
blumatic
Side-Kick

Worst that can happen: Superman v Batman movie.

Best that can happen: Superman movie with an experienced full fledged Batman.

blumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #53
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

The text of the script could contain encoded incantations which when read aloud open a portal to the nether-realm and summon forth the Great Old One Cthullu to consume the world of man in madness.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #54
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

This film turning into a colossal failure and bringing down the DC film universe with it. Forcing WB to start a new one based around Lobo and Joanh hex.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #55
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Old 07-26-2013, 03:43 PM   #56
samsnee
Side-Kick

Our faces melt like at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:08 PM   #57
Glassjaw
In training

That for some reason their team up doesn't work as well as it does in the comics and animated adventures, and rather then a great idea to put these two characters together like the Avengers team up, its not executed very well and comes off looking like a cash in.

Glassjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #58
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Well, even if it is successful it is stll a cash in.

Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:45 PM   #59
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Makes you wonder though, if Batman is allowed to humiliate the character, while it's a given on how the Fans would react, I wonder how the GA would react as well?

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:58 PM   #60
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Worst that could happen? That the movie completely sucks. Box office wise, it should be pretty bulletproof as long as the production budget doesn't get out of hand. Its as safe a bet as you can get.

T"Challa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:08 PM   #61
zman
Side-Kick

That they only use TDKR as source material. Or that they even make it the main reference. Hush has a great fighting scene they could «use».

zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:21 AM   #62
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Snyder completely focusing on Batman and Superman kicking each other's ass and ignoring making the actual story engaging. There should be great banter between Superman and Batman, if they don't get that right then they've already ruined the Batman/Superman dynamic.

And I'm very worried about the above happening with Snyder directing and Goyer writing. They picked the worst combination. The dialogue in Man of Steel was shallow at best and Snyder could barely hold the story together. Dammit WB.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:46 PM   #63
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

I think the best thing that can happen to the movie is also the worst thing that could happen: Batman.

If Christian Bale were still Batman, a fair amount of the apprehension would be absent.

When we finally see World's Finest in the theatre, it's going to be either "it's Superman and Batman together!" or "it's Superman and another man in tights".

So the double-edged sword is Batman. A new Batman who isn't Christian Bale. A badly cast new Batman who isn't Christian Bale. A badly cast new Batman who isn't Christian Bale who doesn't have onscreen chemistry with Henry Cavil.

Last edited by PacificBoy; 07-28-2013 at 01:50 AM.
PacificBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #64
D.P.
Banned User

You people will never trust Nolan or Snyder. I'm convinced.

D.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #65
Rowsdower!
Zoom Zoom Zoom

Yeah, it's the toughest nut to crack. The movie will surely make a lot of money but will people like this new Batman? Right now, we're only a year removed from Bale's last turn as Bats. It will be another two years before the movie is out but will that be enough time for people to accept a new actor?

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:01 PM   #66
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Worst thing to happen is Superman guest starring in his own sequel. Maybe it's too late. Maybe the worst has already happened.

STARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:08 PM   #67
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Yeah, it's the toughest nut to crack. The movie will surely make a lot of money but will people like this new Batman? Right now, we're only a year removed from Bale's last turn as Bats. It will be another two years before the movie is out but will that be enough time for people to accept a new actor?
It's possible for the public to move on if the movie is as great as we all want it to be, and if the new Batman can match Cavil's Superman onscreen.

I actually think Snyder has an eye for a good cast and will pick a good actor; it's one of his strengths. Especially for larger-than-life, superhero roles.

PacificBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:03 PM   #68
Frodo
Side-Kick

The public will accept a new Batman if they think he's good and they think the film is good ,regardless of issues some fans will inevitably have with the film. You're always going to have those in the audience to whom Bale will be their Batman , much like Keaton was my Batman.

That's just how it is , and time really isn't gonna make that a big difference as far as that is concerned. You still had people complaining that Cavill wasn't as good as Reeve so you can see how the length of time doesn't always determine whether people can accept a new actor in a role. If that's who you were first exposed to in that role, that's basically the rubric you'll likely judge the performance by .

The key is the actor and the script. It has to be a story worth telling and the Batman actor is gonna have to be compelling enough to carry half of the film, hold his own in JLA, and carry his own solo series. Its not easy

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #69
Rowsdower!
Zoom Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificBoy View Post
It's possible for the public to move on if the movie is as great as we all want it to be, and if the new Batman can match Cavil's Superman onscreen.

I actually think Snyder has an eye for a good cast and will pick a good actor; it's one of his strengths. Especially for larger-than-life, superhero roles.
Yeah, I agree... Snyder's casting for MOS was spot-on for every single character (IMO). Casting in most of his other films (Watchmen, 300) was also pretty perfect too. I don't think he'll do what so many people here seem to think he'll do and just turn to the list of actors that were passed over for Superman (Mangianello, Bomer). I think he understands that Bats is a very different character and will cast according to that.

Old 07-27-2013, 04:04 PM   #70
Monicabbm
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P. View Post
You people will never trust Nolan or Snyder. I'm convinced.
Nolan is just an executive producer. He will not do for this movie what he did for MoS.
This film is in the hands of Snyder, and I don't trust him.

Monicabbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:40 PM   #71
trisarahtopsx

the worst thing that could happen is that they RUSH their story. personally, i would like the central focus in the beginning to be on clark and his new issues of being superman, and his emotional turmoil of killing zod. i want him to talk if briefly, how hard killing another being was for him and that he swears he will never do it again. i want snyder to then take his time introducing lex luthor who is a brilliant fascinating character. and thennnnnn, after a good focus on the central superman characters, should they introduce batman.
see, i am a hardcore batman fan. i do the whole comic book collecting—and no, not just the new 52—batman themed room decorating, just, to the core batman crazy. so it comes to my friends as a shock when i say that i DO NOT want batman to star too much in this sequel. this is a MAN OF STEEL MOVIE. relax hollywood, you just had three amazing batman films, let superman have his time to shine. dont have batman be anywhere near the beginning of this movie, dont introduce doomsday and brainiac....make sure you write up a great plot with lex luthor, perhaps playing the fear card and turning metropolis against superman...just, seriously, dont rush the movie. write a good script, have someone ELSE read that script and get a secondary thumbs up, otherwise we’ll end up with another green lantern debacle.

trisarahtopsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #72
smallville fan
Hero

So I was just thinking about Iron Man 3 again where Guy Pierce said "I am the Mandarin!" and I stopped taking the movie seriously then a thought suddenly occurred to me.

What if they made Lex Luthor "Batman"?

Think about it, they could kill 2 birds with one stone here(which nobody wants here) since fans both want Lex vs Superman and Batman vs Superman, why not combine them? Lex could have been given Bruce's back-story(parents killed etc) and "Bruce Wayne/Batman/Wayne Industries" becomes nothing but an elaborate facade for Lex to gain power in the criminal underworld by putting crimes out in order to scare criminals so Lex can have more power and pretends to be Bruce Wayne so so he could consolidate his business empire. But that would NEVER happen haha. . What happens to JL is a total mystery from here on in....

If something like that happened, I'd love to see the 12 year old BatFans as well as other hardcore BatFans rage from that. lol

Last edited by smallville fan; 07-28-2013 at 07:29 PM.
smallville fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:45 PM   #73
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
So I was just thinking about Iron Man 3 again where Guy Pierce said "I am the Mandarin!" and I stopped taking the movie seriously then a thought suddenly occurred to me.

What if they made Lex Luthor "Batman"?

Think about it, they could kill 2 birds with one stone here(which nobody wants here) since fans both want Lex vs Superman and Batman vs Superman, why not combine them? Lex could have been given Bruce's back-story(parents killed etc) and "Bruce Wayne/Batman/Wayne Industries" becomes nothing but an elaborate facade for Lex to gain power in the criminal underworld by putting crimes out in order to scare criminals so Lex can have more power and pretends to be Bruce Wayne so so he could consolidate his business empire. But that would NEVER happen haha. . What happens to JL is a total mystery from here on in....

If something like that happened, I'd love to see the 12 year old BatFans as well as other hardcore BatFans rage from that. lol
I'm going to start using the term "Mandarined". So in this case, Bruce Wayne would be Mandarined.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:37 PM   #74
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
I'm going to start using the term "Mandarined". So in this case, Bruce Wayne would be Mandarined.
Indeed he would be. It would be funny to see the Batman fans flip out though, because the Batman fanbase is just so...Batty!

smallville fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:19 PM   #75
Andreth
Side-Kick

The worst thing?
Batman humilliating Superman

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote