The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 07-27-2013, 02:08 PM   #26
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Default Re: Supes and Bats: how do they discover each other's identity (or do they?)

Who would you say is the most famous person alive today? Barack Obama? Justin Bieber? They probably both have look-a-likes, now, do you imagine that when people see these look-a-likes they think "Wow, you look like [insert]" or "Wow, why do you pretend to be a regular person"?

The same thought process would be applied to Clark Kent, he happens to look like Superman.

Llama_Shepherd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:41 AM   #27
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Default Re: Supes and Bats: how do they discover each other's identity (or do they?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Who would you say is the most famous person alive today? Barack Obama? Justin Bieber? They probably both have look-a-likes, now, do you imagine that when people see these look-a-likes they think "Wow, you look like [insert]" or "Wow, why do you pretend to be a regular person"?

The same thought process would be applied to Clark Kent, he happens to look like Superman.
While that's true, Superman is on a whole new level of fame (or infamy). He's humanity's first contact -- and nearly our last. He isn't only the answer to "are we alone in the universe", he's a 42, he's the answer. From the Vatican to China, everyone would want a piece of him. Everyone wants to either befriend or safeguard against him.

Last edited by PacificBoy; 07-28-2013 at 01:31 AM.
PacificBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:55 AM   #28
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post

So let's see.

- Superman's first contact was with Lois Lane.
- Superman made his debut in the city of metropolis.

Batman - the world's greatest detective - arrives in Metropolis and sees there's a guy who works alongside Lois Lane who just so happens to be the spitting image of Superman... the world's most recognizable figure. Same face, same height, same build.

I bet he'll feel like a real tool when he finally figures it out.

Skrilla31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #29
zman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla31 View Post
So let's see.

- Superman's first contact was with Lois Lane.
- Superman made his debut in the city of metropolis.

Batman - the world's greatest detective - arrives in Metropolis and sees there's a guy who works alongside Lois Lane who just so happens to be the spitting image of Superman... the world's most recognizable figure. Same face, same height, same build.

I bet he'll feel like a real tool when he finally figures it out.
yeah but why would he care to notice who works along side Lois Lane...or any one for that matter? its not like he's going to Metropilis to buy the Daily Planet (which happens at some point in the comics, I know).

zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:25 PM   #30
godisawesome
Side-Kick

I kind of hope that Batman automatically knows who Superman is, but says that he won't say it or store the information anywhere. Just kind of build up the idea that Batman can already sympathize with Clark over his need for a regular life, since he mostly sacrificed it to keep his friends and a family safe. Just imply that a man with Batman's skills and training only had to confirm it for himself and may actually be providing cover for him.

Superman finding out who Batman is could be really good if Batman reveals it after Clark infers it.

-C.S. Lewis
godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #31
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Well Superman's first two appearances in public were too big fights. You could make the argument that everything that happened that day was too fast for anyone to get a decent video/picture of Superman's face.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:04 PM   #32
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

Yea but when it was revealed that Lois would be in the know about Clark, a lot of people were on board with it because they thought it would be kind of silly if a dedicated journalist like Lois couldn't conclude that Clark was Superman.

Meanwhile Bruce Wayne is like the smartest guy on the planet and the world's greatest detective. So if the thought of Lois not knowing seems dumb, the idea of Batman not knowing seems even dumber.

Skrilla31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #33
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

But with Lois it makes sense seeing as there was always going to be a scene where Superman flies and saves her and also he is going to have to work together.

While Bruce may meet Clark on multiple occasions he may never get up close to Superman or see him well enough to make the connection.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:55 PM   #34
Vaibow
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserana View Post
Well Superman's first two appearances in public were too big fights. You could make the argument that everything that happened that day was too fast for anyone to get a decent video/picture of Superman's face.
exactly, plus anyone who walks around a city knows that there are many guys who fit superman's description - they all can't be stopped.

I seriously think that clark in civilian clothes, glasses, low in esteem style stance will blend him in - plus it also depends how the daily planet and lois play up on the fact she met him - she could do an article and lie and say he is well over 6ft, almost god like in appearance which won't be too far from the truth, just need to hype him up to be almost god like

Vaibow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #35
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I don't know how Batman couldn't figure out Clark is Superman given how easy he made it in MOS.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:41 PM   #36
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I don't know how Batman couldn't figure out Clark is Superman given how easy he made it in MOS.
Well, Goyer said that he and Snyder are going to have to go through some "mental gymnastics" to come up with an explanation for that. Should be interesting to say the least.

ArmsHeldOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #37
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
Well, Goyer said that he and Snyder are going to have to go through some "mental gymnastics" to come up with an explanation for that. Should be interesting to say the least.
Probably just be lazy about it and act like those parts of MOS never happened...

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:23 PM   #38
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:31 PM   #39
Happy Jack
Iconographer

Bruce would probably figure out Superman's identity first.

For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning.
Happy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #40
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm just picturing a scene like this:

Clark: "Hey Lois! (Glares) ...Bruce."

Bruce: "Hey, farmer John. Hey, Lois, we've got five minutes to get to the gala, and I've got three bottles of wine to get through in the limo, and I just love to share!"

Lois: "Just a second. Ron Troupe's sent me PDF on some new virus on the web. It keeps distorting images of Superman and apparently it keeps rewriting Woodburn's blog..."

Clark: (Glares at Bruce) "Really? That weird."

Bruce: "Whoah. We've got the same problem in Gotham. Except it keeps messing up police reports on the Bat guy. (Cheshire grin) Maybe the Boy Scout owes old' Tall, Dark, and Scary. Wonder if Superman's good for it?"

Beat.

Bruce: "Well, times a wastin'. Catch you later...flyboy."

-C.S. Lewis
godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:46 PM   #41
kalhawj
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel View Post
If Lois Lane can work out Clark Kent is really Kal-El, then by jesus Bruce Wayne is going to work it out.

I can see Batman gathering an interest in Superman after sitting in his batcave doing detective work then BAM

YOU ARE NOT ALONE. YOU ARE NOT ALONE. MY NAME IS GENERAL ZOD...

That will definitely intrigue Bruce Wayne into research Kal-El.
I hope they show a flash back of this event in the movie... would be cool to see Batman's reaction to this...

kalhawj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #42
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

bruce should discover it early. supes when he first comes into contact with batman. "you peeked."

Last edited by ЯɘvlveR; 07-29-2013 at 04:10 PM.
ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:43 AM   #43
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by juansuperiron20 View Post
Supes only need to use his x-ray vision... and bats put a device to see his location and discover each other identities
Which is pretty much what Happened in the "World's Finest" animated feature. Supes used his X-ray vision, Bats used his street smarts. (and a tracker).

*splat*
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:53 AM   #44
bluearth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
It would be hilarious if they got that childish in the film

bluearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:11 AM   #45
InJustice
Side-Kick

Glasses are going to outsmart Bruce Wayne? pffffffffftttt.

I hope Clark Kent uses X-Ray Vision to see what's underneath Batman's cowl, and his shock when he realizes Gotham's billionaire is a vigilante.

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:35 AM   #46
Pondslider
Side-Kick

If Batman is the world's greatest detective then he should already know the first time they meet.

Pondslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:54 AM   #47
tomoe
Side-Kick

Quote:
And they are sooo good at mental gymnastics.

tomoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:53 PM   #48
VM1138
Side-Kick

The idea of X-ray vision and a tracker seems kind of lame. I'd rather Bruce use some detective work and find out early. Then, someone else can be trying to uncover Superman and be having a hard time just to show how brilliant Bruce is.

I'd rather have Batman reveal himself to Superman later to show trust has been established. And then maybe Superman can respond with "I knew all along" or something and leave us wondering how.

VM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:24 PM   #49
The Guard
Side-Kick

Exactly.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote