The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #976
josh8
Side-Kick
 
josh8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,654
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
i never said that it was Halles fault that she is more marketable than Bassett.
Sorry, it sounded like I was directing that at you, but I wasn't trying to single anyone out. It's just so often I hear about studio decisions and somehow it always circles around to being Halle's fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Fan View Post
No you can look it up, back in '97 Bassette was approached, now as far as her actually being a fan of the character but not of the script I have heard many reasons for her turning the role down and that reason seems to pop up the most.
I've followed X-Men news forever, subscribed to Wizard Magazine, have been with the Hype, Countingdown (way back when!), and other forums for years... that reason has NEVER popped up anywhere. I don't know where you got it from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
Oh, thank God, I thought it was just me. I know there's no comic basis...
Actually, in the comics Storm and Logan have attempted a relationship several times and it never rings true. I think they are currently an item actually... or at least it was started and the writers have seemed to forget about it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
"Raarrrrgggggghhhh!"

"Make me feel goooooooooood"!


Lighting flashes and thunder rumbling would be totally rhythmic and synchronized. And Jean would just be staring at Scott and telepathically saying "Why can't you do it like that? Ugh. Dork."

You should see Halle's "Inside the Actor's Studio" segment. It's actually really good (and made me have a lot more respect for her) and she jokes about how she will never escape this line. She even does the line in the interview haha.

josh8 is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 01:58 PM   #977
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,402
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap. I want this now.

So, new trilogy with the OT cast, Cyclops and Jean reunited (pining for amazing sex), #Stogan being the sexiest couple ever. Rogue and Taylor 'Many Flops' Kitsch AKA Gambit get it on, Iceman and Kitty, Colossus and Northstar.

Errrrrrbody happy.
No.

You missed one detail: Cyclops and Jean are having sexual compatibility problems which is why Jean has one eye on Logan in the first place and Scott keeps straying to Emma. But what neither vixen is aware of is that Scott and Logan are also scorching and shredding up the sheets up too...on the low. See, Magneto's gay ass hooked them up with some helmets free of charge.

I mean, come on...we all know that deep down, Logan really wants some Summer iced tea. LOL

__________________
The only advantage you'll ever have over me is that you can kiss my ass...and I can't.

Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #978
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,402
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
You should see Halle's "Inside the Actor's Studio" segment. It's actually really good (and made me have a lot more respect for her) and she jokes about how she will never escape this line. She even does the line in the interview haha.
Yeah, she'll never be able to live that famous line down. I can't remember s*** else about Monster's Ball but I DO remember her pleas for Billy Bob Thorton's character to make her "feeeel goooood".

Her character must've been desperate as hell. Because Billy Bob Thorton is undeniably gross and unattractive. Just dry-looking.

__________________
The only advantage you'll ever have over me is that you can kiss my ass...and I can't.

Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #979
josh8
Side-Kick
 
josh8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,654
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Fan View Post
As for Storm and Logan I would have to say no at least not now as it would be cheap. He needs a sex buddy (enter Domino in X-Force) as he's not ready for a real relationship...
Totally agree with you here. But I know everyone here is just messing around haha.

After how much they've played up Logan being soooo in love with Jean, having him hook up with Storm would make Storm look like a consolation prize. And that is not Storm.

josh8 is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #980
josh8
Side-Kick
 
josh8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,654
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Yeah, she'll never be able to live that famous line down. I can't remember s*** else about Monster's Ball but I DO remember her pleas for Billy Bob Thorton's character to make her "feeeel goooood".

Her character must've been desperate as hell. Because Billy Bob Thorton is undeniably gross and unattractive. Just dry-looking.
I agree Billy Bob is pretty gross... which is why I was pretty surprised that they actually had chemistry on-screen and he was able to portray sexuality in a convincing way. It was interesting.

josh8 is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #981
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,402
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
I agree Billy Bob is pretty gross... which is why I was pretty surprised that they actually had chemistry on-screen and he was able to portray sexuality in a convincing way. It was interesting.
I guess when you're stranded out there in the middle of the country and there are no other options desperate times call for desperate measures. Poor thing.

The moral of the story is to never be caught stranded in the middle of the country while in need...and with Billy Bob Thorton nonetheless.

__________________
The only advantage you'll ever have over me is that you can kiss my ass...and I can't.

Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #982
Double B
Side-Kick
 
Double B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,155
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

"Do you know what happens to a Wolverine that gets struck by lightning?"



Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
No.

You missed one detail: Cyclops and Jean are having sexual compatibility problems which is why Jean has one eye on Logan in the first place and Scott keeps straying to Emma. But what neither vixen is aware of is that Scott and Logan are also scorching and shredding up the sheets up too...on the low. See, Magneto's gay ass hooked them up with some helmets free of charge.

I mean, come on...we all know that deep down, Logan really wants some Summer iced tea. LOL
Amazing.

He can handle Scott's blasts, as it were.


Double B is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #983
JP
Smelly
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 53,109
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

I had a dream about Halle/Storm last night. Her skin was dark and shimmering, and her hair was white, silky, and gorgeous. I went up to her and told her how amazing she looked.

JP is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #984
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,402
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
"Do you know what happens to a Wolverine that gets struck by lightning?"





Amazing.

He can handle Scott's blasts, as it were.

Yep. Everyone knows that Scott is a total...erm...dominant personality. And breaking Logan into submission is absolutely essential for many reasons: It's about leadership. It's about Jean.It's about conquering (he's a primal animal at the core). It's about dat ass. LOL!

That's why I think Logan is best suited for power-types like him when it comes to relationships. Storm is the best feminine choice for him because she's a challenge. Scott is obviously a challenge for different reasons. Jean? Not so much. If Logan had ever truly gotten with Jean he would've been bored with her after awhile.

__________________
The only advantage you'll ever have over me is that you can kiss my ass...and I can't.

Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 02:38 PM   #985
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,402
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1


We all know what they're REALLY fighting about. Hmph.


I know there are some out there that would rather see Storm with Cyclops but...I dunno.



This is just sooo much more interesting to me.






In the movieverse, there's really NO choice here, but....whatever. If FOX had been smart, they would've let the Jean/Scott dynamic alone and developed something more visually appealing with Hugh and Halle's characters. Creating a pseudo love triangle between Jean, Scott and Logan was the single worst thing they could've done--because it effectively pushed Scott completely out the picture...and out of each movie, literally.

__________________
The only advantage you'll ever have over me is that you can kiss my ass...and I can't.


Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 07-28-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #986
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
"Do you know what happens to a Wolverine that gets struck by lightning?"





Amazing.

He can handle Scott's blasts, as it were.



this is..... this is sexy actually

its fan art, right?

Angamb is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #987
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,402
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post


this is..... this is sexy actually

its fan art, right?
I think that particular scene is just fan art. But there are some full-fledged on-line comics featuring this pair as a couple.

__________________
The only advantage you'll ever have over me is that you can kiss my ass...and I can't.

Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #988
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

that should be fun, lol

Angamb is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 02:48 PM   #989
Double B
Side-Kick
 
Double B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,155
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

I need to see the online comic receipts, LS.

Hold on, that picture of Storm and Cyclops kissing? That actually happened?! Good grief. No. Nooooooooooooooooooooo. I am not here for Storm and Scott.

To be honest, love or hate it, I'm surprised that they didn't go ahead with the Storm/Wolverine relationship in X3. From a studio point of view, it gives them everything they could want. A sexy, 'power couple' to promote and Rothman clearly loved it.

Timing, perhaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post


this is..... this is sexy actually

its fan art, right?
Yes, definitely fan art.

Sadly.

Double B is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #990
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,402
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
I need to see the online comic receipts, LS.
I actually have a large collection of comic art featuring Scott and Logan getting along rather well. But I can't post any of it here on the Hype. I'm so not trying to be the first former Hype Moderator to be banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
Hold on, that picture of Storm and Cyclops kissing? That actually happened?! Good grief. No. Nooooooooooooooooooooo. I am not here for Storm and Scott.
:
Scott is too dry of a personality to be paired with Ororo. They are two of the same type of person really--she too can be overly righteous at times. Basically Scott is a big overgrown Boy Scout in many respects and does best when he's involved with a bad boy or bad girl. That's why he and Emma have been such a hit. And many of us totally see him having his way with Logan too.

But not with Storm. That's just...very unsexy.

__________________
The only advantage you'll ever have over me is that you can kiss my ass...and I can't.

Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #991
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick
 
EnDz0n3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,089
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoSeiDon View Post
Funny, never saw a protest from comic fans or GA in masse about it. No boycotts of the premiere. I don't even think it was picked by CNN or TMZ.
I would think that was one of the many reasons why comic book fans never warmed up (to say the least) to Halle as Storm, along with her portrayal of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
Haha seriously. Now Angela Bassett was also an X-Men fan who wanted Storm to be portrayed better??

Seriously, where d0 people come up with this? Almost 15 years later and this Bassett vs. Berry debate is still a topic. I'm fairly certain Bassett was never offered the role in the first place and was just one of the actresses considered. I don't think she has ever even commented on the issue.
Yea pretty sure I read on a Wizard interview, this was many years after casting for the movies was done, where Bassett did say she was never asked to play Storm.

All that said, I loved Storm/Halle in X2. I'm hoping she can go back to that character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrix View Post
Because of that (which happened 16 years ago) she got community service and has spent years working for a domestic abuse foundation. She's more than made up for what she did, but people still use it against her when it suits.

https://jenesse.org/help/HalleBerryW...LoveCanDo.html
Of course I bring it up when it suits me. Considering the post was responding to was saying that Halle was just being "HONEST" when she said she's been reduced to playing a comic book character, I responded with an instance where, in fact, Halle was NOT at her most honest. I think leaving the scene of a car accident, one you've caused yourself, is one of the most dishonest thing a person can do. Then saying that you have temporary amnesia as the reason you left said accident, just furthers the dishonesty.

However, I'm glad she made up for it by continuing to volunteer at the foundation.

Anyways, regarding the Storm/Logan pairing, I think it would just be too forced now.

EnDz0n3 is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 10:09 PM   #992
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,682
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post

OMG what is this?

Can someone explain what happened to that?

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 03:39 AM   #993
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: chicago,il
Posts: 743
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Da hell? Cyc and Logan in bed?? This was my laugh for the late night lol

PoSeiDon is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 04:58 AM   #994
josh8
Side-Kick
 
josh8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,654
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Of course I bring it up when it suits me. Considering the post was responding to was saying that Halle was just being "HONEST" when she said she's been reduced to playing a comic book character, I responded with an instance where, in fact, Halle was NOT at her most honest. I think leaving the scene of a car accident, one you've caused yourself, is one of the most dishonest thing a person can do. Then saying that you have temporary amnesia as the reason you left said accident, just furthers the dishonesty.

However, I'm glad she made up for it by continuing to volunteer at the foundation.
I'm just wondering how you're so sure that she was being dishonest. You say it so definitively. To me that seems like a bias. I really don't know what happened that night so I just try not to judge. It's not outside the realm of possibility that she is telling the truth. (Of course she could be lying as well. We just don't know.)

When my brother was 12, he got hit in the head with someone's elbow or something while playing afterschool basketball. He walked home by himself and was acting really weird and kept asking what time it was... we later figured out he had suffered a concussion. To this day he still can't remember any of that afternoon.

josh8 is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 06:54 AM   #995
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Weren't Ororo and Logan an item in the XTAS, in the future scenes?

Gianakin_ is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #996
Mars123
Side-Kick
 
Mars123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bath, England
Posts: 846
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Watching x3.... It has its flaws but halle I think IS storm in x3

Mars123 is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 04:07 PM   #997
kasjan
Side-Kick
 
kasjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,635
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Storm, mmm..., best boobs in DOFP

kasjan is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 04:41 PM   #998
Great Mind(s)
Broken
 
Great Mind(s)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gamma Quadrant
Posts: 4,093
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Weren't Ororo and Logan an item in the XTAS, in the future scenes?
In an alternate reality where Xavier was killed. She had a mohawk too. I liked them together in those episodes. I'd like to see it in the movies. Maybe they're together after everything is altered!

Great Mind(s) is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 08:33 PM   #999
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,402
Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
OMG what is this?

Can someone explain what happened to that?
It's called Hot Man Smexery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars123
Watching x3.... It has its flaws but halle I think IS storm in x3
Yes! I know, right? I know so many folks hate X3 (and with good reason) and yet I rank the film higher than most solely because Halle Berry finally captured the spirit of the fierce Weather Goddess. Her action scenes were flawless and to be honest, she doesn't get enough credit for them...or the fact that the only reason we got them is because she fought the studio to get them.

__________________
The only advantage you'll ever have over me is that you can kiss my ass...and I can't.

Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 10:52 PM   #1000
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: chicago,il
Posts: 743
Talking Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
It's called Hot Man Smexery.



Yes! I know, right? I know so many folks hate X3 (and with good reason) and yet I rank the film higher than most solely because Halle Berry finally captured the spirit of the fierce Weather Goddess. Her action scenes were flawless and to be honest, she doesn't get enough credit for them...or the fact that the only reason we got them is because she fought the studio to get them.
THIS!^^^^^ However, they retaliated by allowing her to get woman handled by Calisto a little to easily. And they cut the scene down, AND the cut out the flight/tidal wave!!!!! *angry face*.

P.S. I think her facial expressions in X3 were the best of the OT Storm

PoSeiDon is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.