The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 07-29-2013, 02:37 PM   #376
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: The X-FORCE Official Thread

I took it more that he was saying everyone likes Wolverine. I could very well be wrong though.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #377
JP
Flame On

He confirmed basically Cable, Psylocke, Domino, and Colossus. He basically said, I love Deadpool, and who doesn't love Wolverine... BUT...

So, hmmm.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #378
Loki882
Side-Kick

Maybe Wolverine isn't actually on the team, he just makes an appearance in the movie. The others add up to five.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #379
def28
Side-Kick

Wolverine and Deadpool would be the films most marketable characters, would be odd if they didn't go with either of them. Fox has been trying to do something with Deadpool for awhile, this seems the perfect chance to introduce him properly. Unless they want to save him for a solo.

Last edited by def28; 07-29-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #380
Loki882
Side-Kick

Deadpool is more likely than Wolverine I think. Especially given Hugh's age.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:46 PM   #381
Mr. Dent

Fox should have made a Deadpool movie years ago when the character's popularity blew up and everyone on the internet was wearing Deadpool sets and using Deadpool memes.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:11 PM   #382
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

It's fairly obvious now the movie will be cross between the original milant X-force and more black ops Uncanny X-Force.

I am thinking they may leave Colossus out for a lineup of Wolverine,Cable,Domino,Deadpool,and Psylocke

Old 07-29-2013, 06:11 PM   #383
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

I'm not seeing why there's so much clamor for them to 'redo' Deadpool. I can understand people not liking the interpretation of the character in Origins: Wolverine, but there are ways to 'redeem' the character without having to toss his use in Origins: Wolverine out the window.

Depending on where the conclusion of DoFP leaves things, I think setting an X-Force film in a variation of the dystopian future that will be featured in that film would be a really neat way to give the franchise its own identity separate from that of the main X- franchise while still keeping them somewhat in continuity with one another.

Alternatively, they could just make the X-Force franchise a completely separate entity from the existing X franchise, which would give them the freedom to 'redo' characters like Psylocke and Deadpool, although taking this approach would mean they wouldn't be able to use characters like Wolverine or Colossus lest they confuse general audiences.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #384
def28
Side-Kick

When it comes to changing Psylocke and Deadpool I don't think people will care. People are pretty much asking for it.

Wadlow mentioned re-imagining characters who already appeared. Betsy and Wade fit that bill.

Old 07-29-2013, 06:17 PM   #385
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I am thinking they may retcon deadpool Instead of outright ignoring origins which as we have seen Fox doesn't want to do.I think Deadpool Is going to be recasted.have you seen
Ryan Reynolds' track record?One reason why I think Colossus may be left out Is some have said Daniel Cudmore Is a limited actor and they keep using him as COlossus In main X-Men films.I think Psylocke may turn Into an Emma frost or trask situation when they retconn the past version.Plus at time of last stand's release one of writers said credits weren't correct of psylocke that was suspose to be character that merged with Psylocke to create the asian version of character.

Old 07-29-2013, 06:20 PM   #386
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Like I said, I don't really see the point of 'redoing' Deadpool if you're going to keep this X-Force movie and potential franchise connected - even loosely - to the existing X franchise, as there are numerous ways to 'redeem' the character while still staying true to what was done before.

Re-using Psylocke is a different situation, as we actually saw her body after she died in X3 and she was in fact identified by name by individuals attached to the film, but there are ways they could do it.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Old 07-29-2013, 06:33 PM   #387
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

For starters you could just do proper version of deadpool In a more accurate comic book outfit with swords and guns and do the merc with a mouth version that would different than wolverine or Cable.

Old 07-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #388
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

^ Wade clearly still has a mouth in Origins: Wolverine; all Stryker and Co. did is surgically plaster it shut, and it wouldn't be that difficult for somebody to perform surgery to undo what they did. Throw in the classic Deadpool costume from the comics - or a variation thereof - and everything's golden.

Quote:
Old 07-29-2013, 07:50 PM   #389
Loki882
Side-Kick

PSINO in X3 can be easily ignored, and they were going to mock Barakapool in the solo movie anyway, so ignoring Origins can be done as well.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #390
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
PSINO in X3 can be easily ignored, and they were going to mock Barakapool in the solo movie anyway, so ignoring Origins can be done as well.
Can we stop with this 'PSINO' crap? It's stupid, cliched, disrespectful, dismissive, and childish.

As for mocking Origins: Wolverine's version of Deadpool, they shouldn't have used the character that way in the first place if they weren't happy with it, so poking fun at the character would just make them look stupid.

Quote:
Old 07-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #391
Loki882
Side-Kick

If the shoe fits, it was Psylocke In Name Only, or PSINO for short. X3 was the one disrespecting Betsy's character.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:24 PM   #392
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

^ Just because she didn't have the telekenetic powers and psionic shadow blades doesn't make her 'Psylocke in name only', and what they did in X3 in no way disrespected the character.

Quote:
Old 07-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #393
def28
Side-Kick

Killing a major fan favorite off without any development or ties to X-Men was pretty disrespectful. They had her show up to die.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #394
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

^ You and I have a vastly different concept of what the word 'disrespect' means.

Quote:
Old 07-29-2013, 11:20 PM   #395
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I think your stance is quite funny considering how you spazzed out in regards to Emma Frost in Origins. I'd also like to know what you define as disrespectful. I would say it's a good bet that most x-men fans would agree with def28's stance than yours.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:03 AM   #396
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Even if its featuring Wolverine, Colossus and Psylocke. I'm not really feeling good about this. They could just include them in a X-Men 5 movie, rather than making a spin-off team. Or they could just release a Wolverine 3 movie and have a $120 million budget again. A X-Force movie would need at least $150 million to make and the movie title "X-Force" just doesn't ring a bell to me.

I hope this movie doesn't happen.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:29 AM   #397
Loki882
Side-Kick

Depends on what the plot is. X1 and X2 weren't that expensive.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:30 AM   #398
Loki882
Side-Kick

We need more films outside of the main cast. The franchise is so large and has so many characters that not exploring other facets of it would be criminal.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:58 AM   #399
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Depends on what the plot is. X1 and X2 weren't that expensive.
And that was back in 1999/2002.

Quote:
We need more films outside of the main cast. The franchise is so large and has so many characters that not exploring other facets of it would be criminal.
Yeah according to fan-boys. But for the people who aren't a fan of this series, they would just want to see sequels from the main series.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:34 AM   #400
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
We're gonna get that.

We know Fox has been wanting to expand for awhile. That's why they hired Millar and from the looks of X-Force things are staring to move. As long as DOFP is a success, things should be looking good.