The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 11:29 PM   #101
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger
 
The Caped Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 28,429
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

I can't wait to see the reunion between Peggy & Steve in Winter Solider. Also I hope that the successful formula they used for Hayley as Peggy they appeal this to Emily as Sharon Carter.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:02 AM   #102
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs
 
Golgo-13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Creative Mind
Posts: 24,582
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Emily's confirmed for Sharon?

__________________
"And a man, a man provides. And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it. Because he's a man."
- Gus Fring
Golgo-13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:40 AM   #103
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,450
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
Emily's confirmed for Sharon?
Yes, for all the good it does.

BullMcGiveny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:10 AM   #104
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick
 
Ms. Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: S.W.O.R.D.
Posts: 2,919
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
I can't wait to see the reunion between Peggy & Steve in Winter Solider. Also I hope that the successful formula they used for Hayley as Peggy they appeal this to Emily as Sharon Carter.
Well, this movie has the same writers as TFA so that's pretty likely.

__________________
HAIL HYDRA
Ms. Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:21 AM   #105
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,450
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
I can't wait to see the reunion between Peggy & Steve in Winter Solider. Also I hope that the successful formula they used for Hayley as Peggy they appeal this to Emily as Sharon Carter.
I'm not sure what you mean. Appeal?

BullMcGiveny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:38 AM   #106
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,275
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
Emily's confirmed for Sharon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
Yes, for all the good it does.
Hopefully it's a one-and-done deal for Sharon and Steve either has an ongoing thing with Natasha or Bernie comes along in CA3.

For a guy who's been around for 70 years, Steve Rogers is really lacking in good love interests. Markus and McFeely basically created Peggy from scratch, using only the character's name from the comics, yet they wrote the best love story in the MCU. Perhaps they can pull off a similar feat with a modern love interest by either using Bernie or creating an entirely new character.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #107
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick
 
Ms. Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: S.W.O.R.D.
Posts: 2,919
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Hopefully it's a one-and-done deal for Sharon and Steve either has an ongoing thing with Natasha or Bernie comes along in CA3.

For a guy who's been around for 70 years, Steve Rogers is really lacking in good love interests. Markus and McFeely basically created Peggy from scratch, using only the character's name from the comics, yet they wrote the best love story in the MCU. Perhaps they can pull off a similar feat with a modern love interest by either using Bernie or creating an entirely new character.
She (Emily) said it's the beginning for her character.

And Bernie

__________________
HAIL HYDRA
Ms. Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:31 PM   #108
peterparker0077
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: tampa, fl
Posts: 1,511
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Again, what's with the Sharon hate?

peterparker0077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:03 PM   #109
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger
 
The Caped Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 28,429
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
I'm not sure what you mean. Appeal?
I'm saying that Peggy made a great love interest because she was a strong character and not the typical damsel in distress. I would like the writing done for Peggy that made her so great a character in "First Avenger" and "Agent Carter" be used with Sharon.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:39 PM   #110
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,275
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
She (Emily) said it's the beginning for her character.

And Bernie
Beginning of the end, I hope.


Bernie is a great character. It was nice for Steve to have a relationship with an ordinary person instead of someone involved in the "superhero" racket.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:45 PM   #111
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,275
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

End Title Sequence from Agent Carter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IqyZqN3VQo

Unfortunately, the video can't be embedded. It's very neat, though, with great graphics and music.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:01 PM   #112
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 6,037
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
End Title Sequence from Agent Carter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IqyZqN3VQo

Unfortunately, the video can't be embedded. It's very neat, though, with great graphics and music.
Already taken down. Sure it'll pop up again but I can easily wait until September when the IM Blu-ray is released.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #113
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick
 
Ms. Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: S.W.O.R.D.
Posts: 2,919
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Beginning of the end, I hope.


Bernie is a great character. It was nice for Steve to have a relationship with an ordinary person instead of someone involved in the "superhero" racket.
I feel the opposite.

__________________
HAIL HYDRA
Ms. Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:47 PM   #114
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

That Agent Carter opening looks hot.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:44 PM   #115
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger
 
The Caped Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 28,429
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Beginning of the end, I hope.


Bernie is a great character. It was nice for Steve to have a relationship with an ordinary person instead of someone involved in the "superhero" racket.
Hate Bernie as a love interest, Sharon is a better fit for Steve as his primary love interest .

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:18 AM   #116
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 35,920
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Agent Carter TV series. Book it Kevin and Jeph.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #117
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 12,046
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Agent Carter TV series. Book it Kevin and Jeph.
I'm all for it.

"Agent Carter and Her Howling Commandos," set during the Cold War.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:37 PM   #118
Ksb36
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 118
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
Yes, for all the good it does.
I'm still in De-Nile. You know, the river ain't just in Egypt.

Still strongly believe EVC as Sharon Carter is a mistake.

Would love to be proven wrong, however...

Ksb36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:37 PM   #119
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick
 
Ms. Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: S.W.O.R.D.
Posts: 2,919
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksb36 View Post
I'm still in De-Nile. You know, the river ain't just in Egypt.

Still strongly believe EVC as Sharon Carter is a mistake.

Would love to be proven wrong, however...
Why?

__________________
HAIL HYDRA
Ms. Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:26 AM   #120
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,450
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
Why?
I don't know how good she is as an actress, but I agree that they've made a bad call hiring a TV actress with a lead role on a TV show.

BullMcGiveny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:43 AM   #121
DN91
Legendary Outlaw
 
DN91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 728
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Remember when people were dismissing Chris Evans as Cap when first announced? Look how that turned out.

__________________
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 4/4/14
DN91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:07 AM   #122
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick
 
Ms. Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: S.W.O.R.D.
Posts: 2,919
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
I don't know how good she is as an actress, but I agree that they've made a bad call hiring a TV actress with a lead role on a TV show.
Marvel Studios don't make bad calls.

__________________
HAIL HYDRA
Ms. Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:56 AM   #123
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,450
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DN91 View Post
Remember when people were dismissing Chris Evans as Cap when first announced? Look how that turned out.
I'm not talking about her prowess as an actor, but that she is the lead character on a TV show that she's filming 8-9 months out of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
Marvel Studios don't make bad calls.
Iron Man 2.

BullMcGiveny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:49 AM   #124
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick
 
Ms. Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: S.W.O.R.D.
Posts: 2,919
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
I'm not talking about her prowess as an actor, but that she is the lead character on a TV show that she's filming 8-9 months out of the year.



Iron Man 2.
1. I liked IM2 and it was generally well received.
2. I was talking about casting calls.
3. That's not really going to affect anything considering she doesn't seem to be a main character.

__________________
HAIL HYDRA
Ms. Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:48 AM   #125
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,450
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
That's not really going to affect anything considering she doesn't seem to be a main character.
She won't be a main character in future movies because of the actress's schedule, is what I'm saying.

BullMcGiveny is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.