The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 09:15 AM   #976
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!)

I don't think there will be a couple in this movie. Maybe Hank/Raven but they already covered that in FC. If the X-men ally with the Brotherhood again, then there might be something there. Plus those actors are a true couple in life, or at least have been in the past, so pretty easy to play off of that and intimate that if they choose not to show so explicitly.

This film needs to be all about moving a story forward as opposed to going off in tangents regarding invidual character development. That's not to say it shouldn't be there. We need to see that maturation from Charles and Eric. Outside of that, the audiences pretty much know who these people are. They just want a solid story that can move the franchise out from this rut.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:22 AM   #977
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

We don't know who Rogue, Iceman, Kitty and Colossus are as adults. So we do need to see a bit of their altered personalities.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:51 AM   #978
Lord
All Mighty

I'm just glad they got the characters back. If the cure worked she wouldn't have a big role in this though

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 07-29-2013, 09:52 AM   #979
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I'm just glad they got the characters back. If the cure worked she wouldn't have a big role in this though
i think its clear it didn't work

Old 07-29-2013, 09:57 AM   #980
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
We don't know who Rogue, Iceman, Kitty and Colossus are as adults. So we do need to see a bit of their altered personalities.
Alternate futures are usually more badass in films. I hope this follows suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 07-29-2013, 11:37 AM   #981
Great Mind(s)
Broken

There's so much wrong with Origins can't we all just ignore it completely? However, give it it's dues by keeping Liev and Taylor... the only good things about the movie.

Old 07-29-2013, 12:26 PM   #982
Loki882
Side-Kick

And Ryan Reynolds, for all of the ten minutes that he was onscreen.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:22 PM   #983
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
People are convently forgeting there would be major age difference between
Then you haven't been paying attention to the conversation.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.

Last edited by The Infernal; 07-29-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:27 AM   #984
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
come on people gambit would be something like 50 now, you can't complain about continuity mess ups if your gonna make up new ones :P
I don't think people will really mind if Gambit doesn't age. He's a mutant anyway and they could do what they did to Sebastian Shaw, he absorbs energy too to stay young.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 07-30-2013, 03:05 AM   #985
Mars123
Side-Kick

He does have that whole kinaesthetic energy going on!

Old 07-30-2013, 03:09 AM   #986
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Having seen X3 again, Rogue was completely destroyed as a character in it. I hope she gets some kind of redemption in DoFP.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:29 AM   #987
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Having seen X3 again, Rogue was completely destroyed as a character in it. I hope she gets some kind of redemption in DoFP.
She will. Her powers returned and she's been a mutant for years again. I bet she actually accepts herself now. I have a feeling we'll hear she regretted getting the cure even before it reversed itself.

If the Vulture spoilers are true or even if just the footage is she will play a pivotal role in the time travel so she is a hero. Without her they couldn't get rid of the Sentinels. And hopefully she's over Bobby so she's a more confident woman and a kickass mutant. She'll redeem herself by directly being a part of the reason the X-Men's future is saved.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:41 AM   #988
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Bobby and Marie aren't together anymore?

Old 07-30-2013, 05:02 AM   #989
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Bobby and Marie aren't together anymore?
I seriously doubt it. It's been 10 years, she'll be back to being untouchable and will have been for years as Magneto has his powers back by The Wolverine and DOFP is clearly a few years after that to make up the decade.

Bobby and Rogue's relationship wouldn't have survived years of no touching. It probably didn't survive that long after X3. The guilt over her getting the cure would realistically have caused tension. Plus if Rogue isn't part of the team, which looks like a good possibility, then they can't be a couple because she's not there. And Shawn hinted in an interview that they aren't together. But that there's left over issues. Which there would be under all these circumstances. I expect some tension there but no romance. I hope so anyway.

Old 07-30-2013, 05:10 AM   #990
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

I see. THanks.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:00 AM   #991
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
I seriously doubt it. It's been 10 years, she'll be back to being untouchable and will have been for years as Magneto has his powers back by The Wolverine and DOFP is clearly a few years after that to make up the decade.

Bobby and Rogue's relationship wouldn't have survived years of no touching. It probably didn't survive that long after X3. The guilt over her getting the cure would realistically have caused tension. Plus if Rogue isn't part of the team, which looks like a good possibility, then they can't be a couple because she's not there. And Shawn hinted in an interview that they aren't together. But that there's left over issues. Which there would be under all these circumstances. I expect some tension there but no romance. I hope so anyway.
It's hard because Bobby is such a nice guy, he didn't even want Rogue to take the cure (see Ratner, even the boyfriend didn't want Rogue to take the cure -- maybe the rumors about comic book Bobby are true). But they're just not a very good couple. I'll be fine with Rogue flying (ahem) solo for a while.

Anyways, where has Shawn hinted that they aren't together any more?

Old 07-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #992
Roguefan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Alternate futures are usually more badass in films. I hope this follows suit.
So Iceman, Kitty and Rogue.

Old 07-30-2013, 11:51 AM   #993
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
It's hard because Bobby is such a nice guy, he didn't even want Rogue to take the cure (see Ratner, even the boyfriend didn't want Rogue to take the cure -- maybe the rumors about comic book Bobby are true). But they're just not a very good couple. I'll be fine with Rogue flying (ahem) solo for a while.

Anyways, where has Shawn hinted that they aren't together any more?
He gave a magazine or online interview before filming time. He didn't know the full script yet but he knew his material. He was asked about them and said something like they're constantly having these relationship issues so we'll see what happens. And he also said elsewhere Bobby has changed from X3 days. So reading between the lines and it sounds like they ended some time after X3 because of her powers. But there's probably left over tension from the past.

It's the impression I've been getting. Especially as Anna hasn't mentioned Iceman when talking about DOFP. And she was so up for the idea of Rogue/Gambit so she has no loyalty to Rogue/Iceman. Probably because they don't really exist anymore 10 years down the line. Or it's lead to rest once and for all then.

It would be ridiculous if they were still a couple a decade later. A) their relationship was a teenage crush that wouldn't have lasted under any circumstances. B) Rogue will be untouchable again for a number of years, so they are pointless and unrealistic. C) If she's potentially not around all the time or limited in screen time they can't have a proper romance or relationship. There isn't the time or opportunity.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:18 PM   #994
Melapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
He gave a magazine or online interview before filming time. He didn't know the full script yet but he knew his material. He was asked about them and said something like they're constantly having these relationship issues so we'll see what happens. And he also said elsewhere Bobby has changed from X3 days. So reading between the lines and it sounds like they ended some time after X3 because of her powers. But there's probably left over tension from the past.

It's the impression I've been getting. Especially as Anna hasn't mentioned Iceman when talking about DOFP. And she was so up for the idea of Rogue/Gambit so she has no loyalty to Rogue/Iceman. Probably because they don't really exist anymore 10 years down the line. Or it's lead to rest once and for all then.

It would be ridiculous if they were still a couple a decade later. A) their relationship was a teenage crush that wouldn't have lasted under any circumstances. B) Rogue will be untouchable again for a number of years, so they are pointless and unrealistic. C) If she's potentially not around all the time or limited in screen time they can't have a proper romance or relationship. There isn't the time or opportunity.
Do you have any interview where Anna talks about DOFP??? I only found a few quoutes about working again with other actors from OT without mention who and the Comic Con quotes (being cast at 17, Gambit/Rogue relationship and flying).

You almost can say she didn't talk about this movie, and for some weird reason it's like nobody asks her

Old 07-30-2013, 12:25 PM   #995
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
Do you have any interview where Anna talks about DOFP??? I only found a few quoutes about working again with other actors from OT without mention who and the Comic Con quotes (being cast at 17, Gambit/Rogue relationship and flying).

You almost can say she didn't talk about this movie, and for some weird reason it's like nobody asks her
The only interview besides the SDCC panel is the one where she said she put her scripts in the safe on Singers instructions. She has barely talked about it.

And people barely talk about Rogue at all. Even Shawn was vague. I think they've all been told not to say much about her character or storyline.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:33 PM   #996
Melapi
Side-Kick

I also read her interview for Modern Luxury. I though you found something new because she actually didn't said anything about this movie LOL. That's why your phrase surprised me.

Old 07-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #997
Loki882
Side-Kick

Considering how loving and supportive Bobby was of Rogue in X1/X2, I doubt that not being able to touch her would cause a breakup.

Old 07-30-2013, 01:19 PM   #998
Melapi
Side-Kick

TLS changed everything, and Kitty didn't help

Old 07-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #999
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Considering how loving and supportive Bobby was of Rogue in X1/X2, I doubt that not being able to touch her would cause a breakup.
In 10 years? That is not remotely realistic. If they're still together I am calling foul. They were never actually in love with each other to begin with. Rogue was crushing on Logan through most of their 'relationship'. It was a teenage crush. Her getting the cure was almost all about herself not her feelings for Bobby, she just used that as an excuse. They wouldn't have lasted even if the cure had of worked.

Rogue wouldn't have stayed with him when they can't touch. She'd have set him free years ago. And going by how the timeline is starting to look her powers have been back for years. I am getting no suggestion they are still a couple as of DOFP. I think they're just exes. Rogue doesn't even seem to be around for the whole plot so likely isn't even with the team anymore when DOFP starts. And Anna has zero loyalty to Iceman. She was excited about Rogue hooking up with Gambit in the future.

Old 07-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #1000
Loki882
Side-Kick

Sorry, but they were together for years in the OT, and were still together at the end of X3. I don't know where you get that she had a crush on Wolverine. In X1 yes, but it was more a buddy/father daughter relationship in X2/X3. Why would she need to set him free, he wants to be with her, you're argument makes no sense. Maybe they broker up and maybe not, we don't know yet.

Closed Thread