The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #51
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffinSTatum View Post
Luckily where I live I have two different Disney XD channels(One channel is for EST and the other is for PST). I will watch the original broadcast and if I notice anything on it related to phase 2 I will record the footage when it comes around on the PST broadcast.

this thing goes on till Thursday... so footage can be shown anytime.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #52
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
^This. If this film is cut down it won't be because it serves the story. It is because marvel is bound and determined to create two hour films regardless of what the story needs. It should be left up to the director. I've already made up my mind if the film isn't Alan Taylor's desired length then the only way Marvel is getting my money on this film is with absolutely glowing reviews from general audiences, fans, and critics. If I so much as hear the word rushed, lack of development, cramped or anything of that nature then it becomes a rental. I'm already getting a bit burnt out on Marvel and their seemingly cookie cutter formula, but Thor is the one character I really really like and i want to continue to see the character given top quality treatment so Marvel dicking with the character to meet a maximum profit runtime isn't the way to win me over.
With you here. Especially in a film that has so much too explore and work with. Thor, Loki, Odin, Jane, Sif, the Warriors Three, Frigga, Heimdall, Malekith, and Kurse. We are promised a battle across the realms.

That doesn't sound short to me.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #53
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
With you here. Especially in a film that has so much too explore and work with. Thor, Loki, Odin, Jane, Sif, the Warriors Three, Frigga, Heimdall, Malekith, and Kurse. We are promised a battle across the realms.

That doesn't sound short to me.
They have the potential to release what sounds like a fantasy epic. Something more than typical Marvel comic book affair. I just hope they realize this potential. Marvel has to start stepping out of their box if they want to keep me and the general audience coming back on into phase 4 and beyond. They can't just plug new character and situations into the same formula and expect it to stay fresh. I'm already tired of all their films having that "Marvel" look and feel. Show me some originality and take some risks.

And they can thank Iron Man 3 for this. After Avengers I was fully on board the Marvel train and all I heard was Phase 2 would be evaluating different themes and taking inspiration from different genres. I was expecting to see some risks on screen and Marvel stepping outside of their comfort zone and evolving. I was expecting maybe a little intelligent depth in their stories. And right out the gate of Phase 2 we got the bland disconnected formulaic Iron Man 3. Not a great start. If Thor turns out to be typical Marvel then I'm gonna have to reevaluate my view of what Marvel is doing and whether I want to continue to pay $10 at the theater for their films.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Marvolo; 07-30-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #54
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
They have the potential to release what sounds like a fantasy epic. Something more than typical Marvel comic book affair. I just hope they realize this potential. Marvel has to start stepping out of their box if they want to keep me and the general audience coming back on into phase 4 and beyond. They can't just plug new character and situations into the same formula and expect it to stay fresh. I'm already tired of all their films having that "Marvel" look and feel. Show me some originality and take some risks.

And they can thank Iron Man 3 for this. After Avengers I was fully on board the Marvel train and all I heard was Phase 2 would be evaluating different themes and taking inspiration from different genres. I was expecting to see some risks on screen and Marvel stepping outside of their comfort zone and evolving. I was expecting maybe a little intelligent depth in their stories. And right out the gate of Phase 2 we got the bland disconnected formulaic Iron Man 3. Not a great start. If Thor turns out to be typical Marvel then I'm gonna have to reevaluate my view of what Marvel is doing and whether I want to continue to pay $10 at the theater for their films.
If this isn't a giant fantasy epic, they have failed.

And agree on the "Marvel look and feel". Would love it if that sheen disappeared.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:00 PM   #55
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

http://www.nickandmore.com/2013/07/3...-on-disney-xd/

the above list shows the timings of events...
so looks like the preview is tmw...

Old 07-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #56
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

11 – 11:30 p.m. Earth’s Mightiest Show All Marvel Special

Wednesday.
So that's 4 AM-430 AM GMT.

It'll all be in there....according to the ad, it's previews for TDW, CATWS, and Agents of SHIELD.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #57
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

I guess it's time to test that remote DVR feature on my Time Warner app.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:36 PM   #58
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
You haven't seen the film so you aren't in any place to make a statement like that. It should be as long as it needs to be, whether that's 90 minutes or 3 hours.
I can say that because it's pretty much common sense, the first film obvious suffered a bit from it's short runtime. So it's safe to say a sequel with twice as many characters and a bunch of different realms would need a lengthier runtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
Their size?
Nah, it has more to do with their weird masks and overall non threatening appearance. They don't even "look" as tough as the Chitaurir to be honest and we all know how wimpy they were.

Obvoiusly they're going to be tough from what I hear in their descriptions, but their appearance had me worried.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 07-30-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:44 PM   #59
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post

Wednesday.

It'll all be in there....according to the ad, it's previews for TDW, CATWS, and Agents of SHIELD.
actually its 8 - 8:30 pm ET and they they will show it again at that time you mentioned.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:18 PM   #60
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:

Wednesday.

They said the same tonight. They "previewed" all three in a comic-con style special, and not one bit of new footage.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:35 PM   #61
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

The media embargo for the movie will end next Tuesday at 9 AM EST, as stated by Collider's Frosty Weintraub. On Twitter, he said he'll be able to post a group interview with Chris Hemsworth and also talk about some BTS stuff.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:50 AM   #62
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffinSTatum View Post
Luckily where I live I have two different Disney XD channels(One channel is for EST and the other is for PST). I will watch the original broadcast and if I notice anything on it related to phase 2 I will record the footage when it comes around on the PST broadcast.
THAT would be awesome!

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 07-31-2013, 12:55 AM   #63
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Well, there's the Dark Dimension, ruled by Dormammu; which certainly could be a setup for the Doc Strange movie. Plus, Dormammu and Surtur share enough similarities in appearance that it *could* be that the MCU wants to create an amalgamation of the two.

And Chthon ("The Other") could still be a part of all this, and if so, his presence could point towards Mt. Wundagore and the Maximoffs in Avengers 2 (plus, "The Other" has already appeared in Avengers 1, although there's never been any confirmation that Denisof's character *is* the comic-book "Other" --- i.e., Chthon).

The Ether definitely sounds like comic-book darkforce:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkforce
Yeah I hope if Surtur DOES make and appearance in any form it's not the main story. I was kind of hoping for that to be saved for Thor 3

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 07-31-2013, 07:51 AM   #64
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
I'm going to use my first post to rant a bit on the term "reshoot" as it has always irritated me. Every time the topic of additional shooting comes up for a film, people seem to start hand wringing with worry that the film is in dire straights.
I enjoyed your "rant"--it was interesting. No hand wringing from me, at least not yet. Now if the reshoots involved Thor, Loki, Jane, and Malekith, I might be a teeny bit worried!

Old 07-31-2013, 10:12 AM   #65
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
The media embargo for the movie will end next Tuesday at 9 AM EST, as stated by Collider's Frosty Weintraub. On Twitter, he said he'll be able to post a group interview with Chris Hemsworth and also talk about some BTS stuff.
Wait, why was there a media embargo?

My Official "X-Men: DOFP" Review - http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=909
Old 07-31-2013, 10:37 AM   #66
Caboose
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Wait, why was there a media embargo?
The interviews took place last year on set. You want to embargo them until you get closer to release.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:56 AM   #67
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but there's an article on CBM on Chris responding to "the scene"

(some how I can't link the article it's getting blocked, just go to the Marvel Freshman news section it's there)

Very interesting, but his cryptic response definitely makes you think there's more to this than meets the eye.

BTW, to the stupid EW reporter, Alan Taylor just directed Game of Thrones he didn't write the book and the scene they are referring to was written over 13 years ago.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:58 AM   #68
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

This is his quote about the scene:

“I haven’t seen it yet. I’m trying to get hold of it somehow. I wish I could have been there. I can’t say too much more about it. But I will tell you that’s not the worst thing that he has to worry about along the way.”

Old 07-31-2013, 11:19 AM   #69
seahammer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Seahammer over on the Immortal Thor boards found and translated this
Hey, that's me! Thanks for getting my account straightened out, Vartha! I'm not much of a poster, but I've lurked on these boards every day for about a decade, so it's nice to finally join the conversation.

Anyway, the Marvel site calls it "The Book of Yggdrasil," which is cool in and of itself. It looks like the elves in the picture have some sort of black smokey magic coming from their hands, which I assume is the "ether/aether."

And as some others have said, I would love it if this is all building to Surtur, maybe for Thor 3 (Thor: The Surtur Saga, anyone?)

Last edited by seahammer; 07-31-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:56 PM   #70
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Quote:

totally disagree with your assessment of IM3 - its 3rd on my list behind TA and IM1 and it was a Shane Black movie through and through - but agree that they should allow each individual film to have its own style and "feel". hope T:TDW continues this trend.

your comment on paying 10 dollars (you must live in boonies, no offense) is a non sequitur. if you don't enjoy the film, or ten bucks is that dear to you, you have several other options.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 07-31-2013, 04:38 PM   #71
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Hopefully we get new footage tonight, considering we get the first look at the logo in the movie for Cap WS

Old 07-31-2013, 04:57 PM   #72
Angel
Side-Kick

can someone record the disney fandom thing if they have the channel cuz apparently a sneak peek of thor 2 will be shown tonight.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:20 PM   #73
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:

Like Joey, I completely disagree with what you said about IM3. I found it to be very sharply written, fresh & had a very distinct [Shane Black] tone that sets it apart from not only other Marvel Studios films, but from any other superhero film, full stop.

Stark had a great arc. Does the suit make the man, or does the man make the suit. His PTSD & anxiety, feeling like he might not be up to the challenge of what's out there because he's "just a man in a can", all that was handled very well & Downey was fantastic with it.

The Mandarin worked on multiple levels without kicking you in the head with it's ideas. Simultaniously skewering the post-Nolan audience expectations of "realistic" villains, commenting on the idea of corporate & media created boogeymen in the real world, & working as a dark mirror of Stark.

Where Stark uses his fame to his advantage, Killian realises he can use his anonymity to his own ends.
Where Stark uses his own genius to make himself powerful, Killian uses other peoples genius.

Formulaic and safe my arse.

Some people act like if a movie is funny then it can't have character developement or deal with serious themes, which is utterly ridiclous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I can say that because it's pretty much common sense,
Lol, no, it's not common sense. THOR has nothing to do with this, DARK WORLD is an entirely different film, one you haven't seen either cut of DW (again, if there even is an "either cut"), therefore, according to common sense, you have no idea which cut is the better film. Longer doesn't automatically mean better.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...

Last edited by Moridin; 07-31-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:11 PM   #74
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
Lol, no, it's not common sense. THOR has nothing to do with this, DARK WORLD is an entirely different film, one you haven't seen either cut of DW (again, if there even is an "either cut"), therefore, according to common sense, you have no idea which cut is the better film. Longer doesn't automatically mean better.
Lol okay

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 07-31-2013, 06:39 PM   #75
GriffinSTatum
Side-Kick

I have my recording device set up, so I am ready to record any new footage that is shown!

Closed Thread