The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 06-15-2013, 12:11 AM   #176
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Default Re: Rebecca Buller IS Jenny Olsen in Man of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
Very emotive performance from Jenny. I'm glad she wasn't referenced as Olsen in the movie or credits. I didn't know about the novelization reference or whatever, but I'm happy to ignore it.
Indeed. If you're shining it doesn't matter how small your role is.

ArmsHeldOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:13 PM   #177
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

Her puppy eyes......dayum.

/that's all.

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Dragon_316ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #178
DrMylesOBoogie
Side-Kick

Excellent in the couple of scenes she had. And very beautiful too.

DrMylesOBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #179
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Zack is great at finding talented unknowns. She feels like a gimmick for emotional investment with characters that have no story, but she WORKS. When you see her scared and afraid, you feel it. Her interaction with Perry shows that Fishburn has a soft side, if only on camera :P

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #180
MouthForWar
Side-Kick

So we know that she's Jenny Jurwich, and Deborah Snyder even said she didn't know where the Olsen rumor came from...

But in this video at the premiere, the actress even seems to think she's playing Jenny Olsen. That, along with the scan from that promo book that called her "Jenny Olsen" makes this weird... do you guys think they changed the name at the last minute?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8vZU9-PqfI

MouthForWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:40 AM   #181
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ They might be pulling a Blake or Ducard on us

Old 07-05-2013, 02:24 AM   #182
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouthForWar View Post
So we know that she's Jenny Jurwich, and Deborah Snyder even said she didn't know where the Olsen rumor came from...

But in this video at the premiere, the actress even seems to think she's playing Jenny Olsen. That, along with the scan from that promo book that called her "Jenny Olsen" makes this weird... do you guys think they changed the name at the last minute?

She has really soulful and expressive big brown eyes.

They might have changed the name or just decided against using it altogether. Based on this interview, though, I think it's everyone else who was pretty much convinced that she portrays a female version of Jimmy Olsen in the film; and Rebecca just sort of went along with it.

ArmsHeldOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:32 AM   #183
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

This thread is ripe for trolling. But I hate trolls. Therefore, carry on.

Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:29 AM   #184
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:

Seems they went back and forth with the name during production.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:37 AM   #185
FVD
Jolly Loves You

After seeing the movie and Jenny's so-called "Olsen" name popping up prior to the movie's release, I'd like to remain optimistic that Jimmy will still make his debut in the sequel. You can't have no Jimmy Olsen period!! Guess there wouldn't have been anything for Jimmy to do in MoS.

Nice pickup on that "Jurwich" name tag too!

Old 07-08-2013, 03:04 AM   #186
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I have no clue what to think anymore. One minute she's Jenny and then Jenny Olsen and now Jenny Jurwich. I'm going with Deborah on this one and say she isn't an Olsen, but I like her enough to say I hope she appears in the sequels.

LibidoLoca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:53 AM   #187
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

I believe initially she may have been Olsen as a nod but then they backed out because they just decided to introduce Jimmy in a sequel. So if Jenny was either a female version of Jimmy or a relative, they just decided to start fresh and have Jimmy appear later on. I'm glad they did because he is a major part of the Superman mythos.

Jenny pretty much played a "damsel in distress" role for Perry White to work with and to just use the Olsen name for that character wasn't a good idea so I'm glad they changed their minds.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:52 AM   #188
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
I believe initially she may have been Olsen as a nod but then they backed out because they just decided to introduce Jimmy in a sequel. So if Jenny was either a female version of Jimmy or a relative, they just decided to start fresh and have Jimmy appear later on. I'm glad they did because he is a major part of the Superman mythos.

Jenny pretty much played a "damsel in distress" role for Perry White to work with and to just use the Olsen name for that character wasn't a good idea so I'm glad they changed their minds.
The thing is though, her name badge that she used in the film had her last name spelled out on it and it wasn't Olsen at all; and yet when they present her a year later through official guides and such, they say that she's Jenny Olsen so they couldn't have changed their minds about it after they finished filming.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:58 AM   #189
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
The thing is though, her name badge that she used in the film had her last name spelled out on it and it wasn't Olsen at all; and yet when they present her a year later through official guides and such, they say that she's Jenny Olsen so they couldn't have changed their minds about it after they finished filming.
Aw, gee, now I really confuse...Maybe it was an impulsive idea they had for half-a-second but then luckily thought better of it? Or there was miscommunication about what ideas they decided to go with between publishers etc.?

In any case, after all this kerfuffle, they better use Jimmy!

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:43 PM   #190
John Lambert
Side-Kick

For what it is worth, it appears she is actually Jenny Jurwich.

John Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:51 PM   #191
DrMylesOBoogie
Side-Kick

Quote:

She looks like she doesn't have a clue what the question means so moves past it as quickly as possible. I don't think she was ever an Olsen.

DrMylesOBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:17 PM   #192
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I didn't think from watching the movie that there was anything suggesting she was Jenny Olsen. I'm sure it never crossed the minds of the general audience that she was supposed to be either. She just seemed like a worker at the Daily Planet. Surely there can't only be one photographer there.

It's perfectly easy still to introduce a proper Jimmy in the next movie. I hope they do this.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:39 AM   #193
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I didn't think from watching the movie that there was anything suggesting she was Jenny Olsen. I'm sure it never crossed the minds of the general audience that she was supposed to be either. She just seemed like a worker at the Daily Planet. Surely there can't only be one photographer there.

It's perfectly easy still to introduce a proper Jimmy in the next movie. I hope they do this.
Jimmy can bring the humor. I say bring on the real Jimmy! But she was cute, and using such an iconic character in a throwaway role would be off.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:53 PM   #194
John Lambert
Side-Kick

I don't think if I had not heard rumors that she was meant to be Jenny Olsen before hand I would have noticed her even as much as I did. She is a slightly Jimmyesque, low person in the structure character. I have to decided I am going to lobby for her to be a love interest for Batman.

With Batman coming in the next film, I can see why they booted Jimmy for Jenny. Otherwise they would have too many males among major characters.

John Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote