The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 07-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #426
Monicabbm
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

Jake Hamilton
Working on story for Sept release of DARK KNIGHT trilogy on BluRay -- tweet me your thoughts on set, trilogy, etc and you could make story!

Monicabbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #427
Caped Crusader
The One Man Who Beat You

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

I'm unsure if I'll purchase this trilogy set, a little let down from what I see to be honest

Caped Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #428
kvz5
HBIC

It's up for pre-order:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...g=nolanfans-20

I thought it was just $69?

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #429
Caped Crusader
The One Man Who Beat You

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
It's up for pre-order:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...g=nolanfans-20

I thought it was just $69?
Yeah.. I'll save my money

Caped Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #430
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Meh.

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #431
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

that better be a error. lol

Old 07-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #432
DorneyDave
Side-Kick

100 bones? Aye. I'll probably pass. The Nolan/Donner doc and director retrospective will be up on youtube.

DorneyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #433
Tequilla
Side-Kick

And the Dark Knight Trilogy set is selling right now at 25 bucks (amazon.com) !!!

So 75 for a bunch of toys , photo-book and an extra blu ray....what a great bargain!

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #434
shauner111
Side-Kick

Hmm I was going to buy it but now I might hold off. Ill wait a month after its release and see what goes on youtube, etc..then ill see if it's still worth the price.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #435
Thoix
Side-Kick

They couldn't at least include new transfers for BB ane TDK? That would've made me buy the set right there. Honestly, this set so far seems very disappointing.

Thoix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #436
shauner111
Side-Kick

If the bonus footage is worthy in terms of never before seen footage then ill buy it.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:00 PM   #437
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoix View Post
They couldn't at least include new transfers for BB ane TDK? That would've made me buy the set right there. Honestly, this set so far seems very disappointing.
That costs time and money to wb

They have no time for that.

I really love Nolan's commitment to audiences to present his movies the best possible way. I would love he would pressure studios in the home video market.

Unacceptable such well made movies , have such butchered transfers.

Old 07-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #438
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

I'd be willing to spend £50 on it... but WB clearly didn't put THAT much effort into this.

I'd no doubt enjoy the new documentaries , but still.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Pfeiffer-Pfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:26 PM   #439
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

I know Nolan is all for artistic integrity and no behind-the-scenes but he is never returning to this world and may never again make anything like this, it was a huge part of his career, it made WB lots and lots of money was it really SO hard for them to team up and make a decent edition of this trilogy? Release stuff for the millions of fans that clearly exist for this franchise?

I was initially happy with the features but when I really thought about it there is not much here. An interview and a collection of interviews that combined may not make up more than 2 hours. Adding a book and a few toys does not change this. It's just shoddy. People like myself did not even buy TDKR in any format in order to wait for this... there is nothing here that was worth the year gap. I'm not expecting much from unseen footage either seeing as time and time again Nolan said he pretty much put in everything he filmed.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #440
bilbo baggins
Side-Kick

maybe one of these documenterys will have nolan explain his thought process on the end? is that to much to ask? like well we decided to give bruce and selina new lifes etc...what say you shh!!!

bilbo baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:32 PM   #441
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

This reminds me of the "Ultimate Wizard's Collection'' set with hours of never before seen footage....which was BTS stuff. No deleted scenes (well, ones we didn't see previously.) Along with a bunch of additional crap we didn't need. To this day that set angers me, because they could have released every deleted scene or extended cut of those movies.

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:32 AM   #442
Thoix
Side-Kick

The more I think about, the more I wish an "Ultimate Collector's" set for the trilogy would be released in the summer of 2015. That would be the ten year anniversary of Batman Begins, the start of this exceptional trilogy. WB could have taken their time by making new updated transfers of all three films, gained more behind the scenes footage, made new interviews, and made new commentaries with the cast and crew. Instead of just three little Hot Wheel looking toys, they could've had a much more special collector's item(s) included with the set. It would have been great.

But I know I'm just wishing for all of that stuff. Come on WB, sell me on this set.

Thoix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:08 AM   #443
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoix View Post
The more I think about, the more I wish an "Ultimate Collector's" set for the trilogy would be released in the summer of 2015. That would be the ten year anniversary of Batman Begins, the start of this exceptional trilogy. WB could have taken their time by making new updated transfers of all three films, gained more behind the scenes footage, made new interviews, and made new commentaries with the cast and crew. Instead of just three little Hot Wheel looking toys, they could've had a much more special collector's item(s) included with the set. It would have been great.

But I know I'm just wishing for all of that stuff. Come on WB, sell me on this set.
WB will be milking every single anniversary they can. Either Begins , TDK , TDKR , whatever. As long as they can release it as many times as possible.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:56 AM   #444
Tequilla
Side-Kick

It got pushed back a week in europe

Last edited by Tequilla; 07-31-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #445
James.B
Nothing to see here.

One of the staff at Empire Magazine has a copy of the set-
https://twitter.com/NickdeSemlyen
Quote:
Watching the great documentary that comes with the new Dark Knight Trilogy set. Fascinating to see other actors' screentests for Batman.

Quote:
There's footage of Cillian Murphy in the Batsuit, auditioning. He hasn't quite got the chin for it.
Quote:
This is a Blu-ray box set out in October. Worth buying for this doc alone. It has a clip of Nolan riding the Batpod!
Quote:
@NickdeSemlyen How long is the doc?
90 mins or so.
Quote:
Interesting to learn that Nolan met with Heath Ledger before Batman Begins, with a view to him playing Bats.
Quote:
There's also footage of Hardy with his top off.

James.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #446
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

YES. YES! That's the kinda stuff I wanna hear.

90 minutes is a very respectable length for the doc too. Shoot, I might end up buying this.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #447
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

That sounds so awesome.

rashad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #448
JackWhite
Third Man

Glad I ended up pre-ordering this after all. Now I'm really excited.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #449
Victarion
Cut

I'm holding out for the release with TDKR's deleted scenes.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:10 PM   #450
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
I'm holding out for the release with TDKR's deleted scenes.
Good luck with that. lol

rashad is online now   Reply With Quote