Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 02:42 AM   #301
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Scarlet Witch Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozzy.94 View Post
They will have to explain there powers somehow. If they don't it will be a huge plot hole.
How would that be a plot hole?

Old 07-30-2013, 02:59 AM   #302
lozzy.94
Im no Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
How would that be a plot hole?
Okay maybe not a plot hole but it would seem like lazy writing.

2016 - Captain America: The Secret Avengers, Doctor Strange
2017 - Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians Of The Galaxy: War of Kings
2018 - The Avengers: Infinity
Old 07-30-2013, 06:59 AM   #303
Mr. Dent

No it would be a plot hole. They've already set this world up as a place where normal humans don't just walk around with powers. If these two kids show up with powers and they don't get explained it's a plot hole. Their powers will be explained.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Old 07-30-2013, 12:30 PM   #304
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

It would not be a plot hole if you build it around the mystery of them.

Consider this. The siblings have been outcast their entire lives. Pietro has built up a defense about it, but Wanda so desires to be apart of the world, accepted. If at the end of the film, they still don't know why they are different, but are still accepted by their team it would be the best take on the mutant idea so far. I can already see the Cap pep talk.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:43 PM   #305
xeno000
Raining hell from above

According to Bleeding Cool, Marvel has trademarked "Registered Gifted" for use in its films and TV shows. It is possible that they mean to call people with naturally occurring superpowers "gifted" instead of mutants. That would avoid any conflict with Fox's stranglehold on the "M" word, at least. The assumption could still be that they were born with innate abilities, just as people with higher intellects, artistic talent or the physical ability for sports are born with those traits.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/07/...stered-gifted/

Old 07-31-2013, 06:28 PM   #306
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
According to Bleeding Cool, Marvel has trademarked "Registered Gifted" for use in its films and TV shows. It is possible that they mean to call people with naturally occurring superpowers "gifted" instead of mutants. That would avoid any conflict with Fox's stranglehold on the "M" word, at least. The assumption could still be that they were born with innate abilities, just as people with higher intellects, artistic talent or the physical ability for sports are born with those traits.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/07/...stered-gifted/
What if Marvel is creating a Inhumans TV show?

That idea never occurred to me. I always thought is was weird that they kept being brought up for a film when there are so many characters people would rather see.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 07-31-2013, 07:39 PM   #307
Steamteck
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
The Mandarin was a special case. He was an acknowledged problematic character from a racial standpoint. There is no such issue with Wanda. Marvel has been extremely faithful to the comics so far (IM 3 excepted), so why would they change now? Also, Ronan would be a great choice to play Wanda. She's a great actress and has some of the most captivating eyes I've ever seen.

I hope you're right. I have faith in Whedon will not do something like IM3 to us ( its LEAST problem was the Mandarin to me and I hated the twist) and he should be have enough brownie points from Avengers to resist tempering.

I don't buy an excellent acceptable Mandarin couldn't have been written either but that's water under the bridge. no issue unless Shane Bblack writes more Marvel movies.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:47 PM   #308
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
No it would be a plot hole. They've already set this world up as a place where normal humans don't just walk around with powers. If these two kids show up with powers and they don't get explained it's a plot hole. Their powers will be explained.
That's not what a plot hole is.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:30 PM   #309
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post

That idea never occurred to me. I always thought is was weird that they kept being brought up for a film when there are so many characters people would rather see.

It's possible that Marvel will use the term for the superhuman people found by Agent Coulson's team on the SHIELD show, at the very least. Those characters will apparently get their powers from a variety of sources so using "gifted" as an umbrella term would make sense.

When the show's focus on SHIELD finding people with powers was announced, I wondered if Coulson & co might be involved in locating heroes who would appear in the MCU. Since the show is going to be global in scope, Wanda & Pietro might be on the agents' radar at some point. But I do doubt that they would introduce those characters on a TV show, however. Maybe characters like Cloak & Dagger will show up, though.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:17 AM   #310
Loki882
Side-Kick

On the subject of their powers, is it possible that Thanos may have something to do with that? Probably not, but I thought I'd throw it out there and see people's thoughts.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:15 PM   #311
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Everything that people feels missing from a movie seems to be called a plot hole these days.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 5. The Avengers
6. The Dark Knight Rises | 7. X2 | 8. Spider-Man 2 | 9. Batman Returns | 10. Iron Man 3
Old 08-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #312
Mr. Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post

"Gifted" isn't associated with Inhumans. Anyway, if it were just for a TV show, Marvel wouldn't be pushing the Inhumans so hard in the comics by having an entire status quo change based around them with Inhumanity. Feige has also specifically said movie for them.

Anyway, the "characters that people want to see" argument has always been superfluous to me. When it comes down to it 99% of the audience Marvel are pushing these movies to don't know those supposed "wanted" characters either. It's about choosing the most interesting and unique properties for a film, and Inhumans is a far more intriguing concept than Captain Marvel or Black Panther imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
It's possible that Marvel will use the term for the superhuman people found by Agent Coulson's team on the SHIELD show, at the very least. Those characters will apparently get their powers from a variety of sources so using "gifted" as an umbrella term would make sense.

When the show's focus on SHIELD finding people with powers was announced, I wondered if Coulson & co might be involved in locating heroes who would appear in the MCU. Since the show is going to be global in scope, Wanda & Pietro might be on the agents' radar at some point. But I do doubt that they would introduce those characters on a TV show, however. Maybe characters like Cloak & Dagger will show up, though.
With characters like Cloak and Dagger or even Daredevil I can see Marvel taking an approach similar to what DC is doing with Flash in Arrow.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 08-03-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:32 PM   #313
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
I wonder if they'll do some location shoots in Romania for Wundagore Mountain? I was just googling Romania and they seem to have such beautiful mountains.

EDIT: By the way it's funny you should mention Michelle. Wasn't her co-star Jessica Brown Findlay a runner up for Agent 13 in Captain America? Also Marvel rarely give up on a co-star if they like what they see.

And didn't Jon Favreau say 'pay attention to the scene Happy Hogan is watching in Iron Man 3. It was chosen for a reason' and did it not, and my memory may be fooling me, feature Jessica Brown Findlay?

Let's keep an eye on this
thumbs up

Old 08-04-2013, 03:57 AM   #314
VulcanVader
Side-Kick

Jessica Brown Findlay for Scarlet Witch? hell, yes.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:01 AM   #315
lozzy.94
Im no Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanVader View Post
I like this choice but im still hoping Saoirse Ronan gets the role, not only is she an amazing actress but she also looks a lot like Aaron Taylor-Johnson.

2016 - Captain America: The Secret Avengers, Doctor Strange
2017 - Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians Of The Galaxy: War of Kings
2018 - The Avengers: Infinity
Old 08-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #316
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanVader View Post
I liked her in Misifts where she had the power of suggestion

Old 08-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #317
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Sarah Sanguin Carter who plays Maggie on Falling Skies.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:20 PM   #318
Wine-N-Cheese
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
I liked her in Misifts where she had the power of suggestion
Oh, so THAT'S who she is. I thought she looked familiar.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #319
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

WOW...I am all for that, and HELL no to Maggie from falling skies. Least favorite character in the show, hate her.

Old 08-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #320
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

People still watching Falling Skies? Huh.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 08-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #321
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
WOW...I am all for that, and HELL no to Maggie from falling skies. Least favorite character in the show, hate her.
QFT. Now if it's Jessy Schram, I'd be interested.

Old 08-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #322
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Nikki Aycox

Old 08-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #323
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

i hate scarlet witch thanks to m-day
forever

Old 08-06-2013, 02:45 PM   #324
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

^I don't hate her, but I am not crazy over her either. I have my liked characters, my indifferent(s), and my hated characters. She falls between that middle, and hatred group lol

Old 08-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #325
Wine-N-Cheese
Side-Kick

_

You should be thanking her for providing the X-books with almost a decade worth of stories and angst. Mediocre stories, sure, but since Wanda was no where to be seen, we can blame the characters actually involved for that. Or you know, just blame the editors and writers.

Closed Thread