The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 06:49 PM   #76
Steamteck
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Iron man 3 was not formulaic. If it was something in the formula I least would have been enjoyed. Its almost the step by step of what I don't want in an Iron Man movie.

Marvel seriously needs to get back on track to keep me. Deviations form source material that are vastly inferior to the original, kid side kicks and no actual hero action and an illogical uncompelling arc won't cut it.
IM3 hurt my faith in Marvel and Shane Black. I felt it was that bad and it made so much money I despair of seeing more of the same. I pray it was a aberration and the Marvel movie golden age is not over.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:30 PM   #77
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

I was at work so couldn't catch it...
so anything new?

Old 07-31-2013, 07:39 PM   #78
seahammer
Side-Kick

Nothing new about the movies. No footage or anything. They had a few cast interviews, but I think I'd seen them before.

There was some stuff about the cartoons, so if you're excited about Hulk: Agents of SMASH , make sure to watch.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:49 PM   #79
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahammer View Post
Nothing new about the movies. No footage or anything. They had a few cast interviews, but I think I'd seen them before.

There was some stuff about the cartoons, so if you're excited about Hulk: Agents of SMASH , make sure to watch.

Well at least we get a new trailer next week...

Old 07-31-2013, 08:01 PM   #80
GriffinSTatum
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post

Well at least we get a new trailer next week...
I feel the exact same way... I even had my dvr set up and everything. Oh well, at least we only need to wait one more week. I was looking forward to seeing something from Cap and Guardians though.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:14 PM   #81
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffinSTatum View Post
I feel the exact same way... I even had my dvr set up and everything. Oh well, at least we only need to wait one more week. I was looking forward to seeing something from Cap and Guardians though.
they previewed the new Cap: WS title screen in one of the Fandom tv spots...
did they show any of that? if not there is still chance about anything new, maybe tmw?

Old 07-31-2013, 08:38 PM   #82
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Yeah I hope if Surtur DOES make and appearance in any form it's not the main story. I was kind of hoping for that to be saved for Thor 3
I've been sayin forever that Surtur is the enemy that predates the universe itself. I think The Other is the same character from the comics. The Other will probably be torturing Loki on a mental plane or something, and explain the whole Surtur thing. With Chthon being an elder god (assuming it IS him), wonder if he and surtur know of each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
they previewed the new Cap: WS title screen in one of the Fandom tv spots...
did they show any of that? if not there is still chance about anything new, maybe tmw?
disappointing. Doubtful at this point

Old 07-31-2013, 08:59 PM   #83
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
Like Joey, I completely disagree with what you said about IM3. I found it to be very sharply written, fresh & had a very distinct [Shane Black] tone that sets it apart from not only other Marvel Studios films, but from any other superhero film, full stop.

Stark had a great arc. Does the suit make the man, or does the man make the suit. His PTSD & anxiety, feeling like he might not be up to the challenge of what's out there because he's "just a man in a can", all that was handled very well & Downey was fantastic with it.

The Mandarin worked on multiple levels without kicking you in the head with it's ideas. Simultaniously skewering the post-Nolan audience expectations of "realistic" villains, commenting on the idea of corporate & media created boogeymen in the real world, & working as a dark mirror of Stark.

Where Stark uses his fame to his advantage, Killian realises he can use his anonymity to his own ends.
Where Stark uses his own genius to make himself powerful, Killian uses other peoples genius.

Formulaic and safe my arse.

Some people act like if a movie is funny then it can't have character developement or deal with serious themes, which is utterly ridiclous.

If IM3 was formulaic and safe, the fanboys would've eaten it up. That's proof alone that it wasn't.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:01 PM   #84
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post

If IM3 was formulaic and safe, the fanboys would've eaten it up. That's proof alone that it wasn't.
Well lets be fair. Iron Man 2 was just that and a lot of fans don't like it, much less love it.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:15 PM   #85
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

True, that's a fair point. I should've said that the controversy and polarized opinions would be more of an indication, which IM2 didn't really have.

And I still will never understand fans who think that humor = not taking the material seriously.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:08 PM   #86
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
True, that's a fair point. I should've said that the controversy and polarized opinions would be more of an indication, which IM2 didn't really have.

And I still will never understand fans who think that humor = not taking the material seriously.
The only problem I had with Iron Man 3 humor was that it undercut a lot of the more serious scenes. I like that the Mark 42 is a bit of a piece of crap, but it feels like they take it all bit too far at times. There is always one more joke, no matter what is happening. They had to do it nearly every single time.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:26 PM   #87
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

for a second there I thought I came into IM3 boards....

Old 07-31-2013, 10:59 PM   #88
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I've been sayin forever that Surtur is the enemy that predates the universe itself. I think The Other is the same character from the comics. The Other will probably be torturing Loki on a mental plane or something, and explain the whole Surtur thing. With Chthon being an elder god (assuming it IS him), wonder if he and surtur know of each other
I had Surtur in mind when I first heard about the "enemy that predates the universe".

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 07-31-2013, 11:07 PM   #89
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Surtur will be bring the DOOM in my opinion, but right now I am thinking they are referencing Kurse.

Old 08-01-2013, 01:27 AM   #90
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffinSTatum View Post
I have my recording device set up, so I am ready to record any new footage that is shown!
Yeah!

Old 08-01-2013, 05:55 AM   #91
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamteck View Post
Iron man 3 was not formulaic. If it was something in the formula I least would have been enjoyed. Its almost the step by step of what I don't want in an Iron Man movie.

Marvel seriously needs to get back on track to keep me. Deviations form source material that are vastly inferior to the original, kid side kicks and no actual hero action and an illogical uncompelling arc won't cut it.
IM3 hurt my faith in Marvel and Shane Black. I felt it was that bad and it made so much money I despair of seeing more of the same. I pray it was a aberration and the Marvel movie golden age is not over.
Ironman 3 was formulamatic. It just wasn't using the Marvel formula. The movie basically used the typical Hollywood formula for making comic book movies.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 08-01-2013, 06:07 AM   #92
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
Ironman 3 was formulamatic. It just wasn't using the Marvel formula. The movie basically used the typical Hollywood formula for making comic book movies.
It used the formula for buddy cop movies. a formula Shane Black invented and perfected in the 80ies. which made the movie even better than your average CBM, because it steered away from the usual tropes and clichés this genre normally uses.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 08-01-2013, 08:15 AM   #93
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

When does the new trailer hit?

Old 08-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #94
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
When does the new trailer hit?
August 7th

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 08-01-2013, 08:20 AM   #95
DyeLorean

Only one week left? Nice, didn't know.
Thank you

Old 08-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #96
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 08-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #97
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

^

Very similar to IM3 IMAX poster pose but BETTER!

Old 08-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #98
DyeLorean

English one

Old 08-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #99
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

That's an incredible poster, really!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 08-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #100
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Am I the only one that can't wait for a super duper hi-res version in order to (hopefully) see more detail on the Warriors Three? Looks like Hogun has a beard/goatee...and Zach as Fandral

edit: and I just realized I'm only 20 posts from hitting my 1,000 mark *woohoo!!!!*

~Agents of SHIELD
Closed Thread