Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
No Wolverine. It's:

Cable
Deadpool
Psylocke
Domino
Colossus

He said the team would only have 5 members and said Deadpool doesn't like Wolverine...I take that to mean Wolverine won't be on the team and it will be those 5.
As others have said, the Deadpool and Wolverine thing were definitely two separate thoughts, so it's six people he named. I'm betting he was just rattling off names, because if you look at some of the recent X-Force comics, those are probably the most recognizable characters in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Yeah according to fan-boys. But for the people who aren't a fan of this series, they would just want to see sequels from the main series.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:45 PM   #402
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: The X-FORCE Official Thread

Another interview with Wadlow.
http://collider.com/x-force-movie-ne...s-2-interview/
Quote:

“Yeah I’m incredibly excited about it. I love the current run, I love the original run. I think it’s the best book right now for Marvel, I really enjoy it. Basically when they announced that Mark [Millar] was going to be overseeing the title for Fox … basically, they were talking about all these different ideas for franchises they could build and characters, and I said, “X-Force. Gotta do an X-Force movie.” And they originally said, “Maybe that’s a second step.” And I said, “No, it’s about teams.” That’s what, to me, the X universe is about. It’s not about doing movies with individual characters and then bringing them together in a team; that’s what Marvel already did with The Avengers. I think the next step is to have these teams and see how they bounce off of each other, that’s where you can have crossover potential. I said, “The first one’s gotta be X-Force and I want to do it. What’s it going to take?” Mark was really supportive and he’s just been a tremendous ally of mine. I’m really grateful that he went to Fox and said, “This is the guy.”

I’m into it. I’ve got the story all worked out and now I’m cutting the draft…We first started talking about it around the holidays, but I was finishing the movie so I was pretty busy. I only completely finished Kick-Ass 2 the middle of May. I took a little break, I’d been in London for a year and then I really dug in on X-Force the middle of June.”

“I don’t even really think of the ‘superhero genre’ as a genre. To me that’s like saying, ‘When will thrillers stop working? Or when will comedies stop working?’ It’s not that specific. If you look at superhero movies they can be so incredibly different and they can occupy their own genres. I think what I’ve read about the new Captain America movie, it’s really going to be more of a spy movie, a paranoid thriller. Look at where Thor: The Dark World is going, it’s much more of a fantasy than a superhero movie. It probably shares more DNA with The Lord of the Rings than The Dark Knight. Again, The Dark Knight, not really a superhero movie, more of almost a crime epic. The Wolverine, I’ve heard great things. My take on just the material I’ve seen, I would guess it’s sort of a Western, right? A Western in the East, which is a really cool idea. It doesn’t look like anyone’s got a cape, so is that a superhero movie?”

“It’s 100% the version I wanted to do. I worked it out. This wasn’t some open assignment where they were like, ‘Who’s out there that wants to do this?’ When I heard Mark get that job, I said, ‘I want to do an X-Force movie and this is the way I would do it.’ I pitched to him and he gave me a few ideas and some notes, not as a studio mandate, just as a friend and a collaborator. Steve Asbell at Fox heard it, loved it, bought it and said, ‘Let’s do it!’ It’s the movie I wanted to make.”

“It’s development. You look at, for example, the history of the X franchise: there was a Magneto script, I think there was an X-Men: First Class script that was about like Cyclops and Jean Grey, so there’s, obviously very famously, the Deadpool one. So it’s definitely developing right now, but they’r excited about it and I’m a filmmaker, first and foremost – I’m not just a writer for hire. I’m writing the movie I want to make and hopefully they’ll let me make it.”

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:54 PM   #403
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

/\ Exactly wha this project needs, someone with a vision and the commitment

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:13 PM   #404
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

I wonder who the villains will be for X-Force: no word yet;

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:26 PM   #405
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
I wonder who the villains will be for X-Force: no word yet;
My guess is it will start building Apocalypse, while a villain like Stryfe (or someone with Apocalypse connections) will be their main antagonist. Sorta like GOTG is doing.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:12 PM   #406
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I will bet Apocalypse Is villain.SOmeone like Stryfe would be way too complicated for GA
to wrap their mind around.Cable's background going to have to be simplified.

The lineup Is likely to Cable,Wolverine,Deadpool,Domino,Psylocke,and colossus or variation
of these.If it stays at 5 members colossus Is one most likely dropped.

It's clear this will be cross between original X-Force and Uncanny X-Force.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:24 PM   #407
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I will bet Apocalypse Is villain.SOmeone like Stryfe would be way too complicated for GA
to wrap their mind around.Cable's background going to have to be simplified.
It wouldnt be anymore complicated then what DOFP is doing. These books rarely stick to the complications of the books. Regardless, your not giving the GA enough credit.

Could be wrong but I also doubt Apocalypse will be the main villain. I think he will for sure have a presence but they are gonna want to use him in full force for an AOA movie. Thats gonna be the biggest X-Men movie out there.

Last edited by def28; 07-31-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:44 PM   #408
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Hmmm if they are trying to get X-Force and X-Men to be their next "event or team-up" movie after DOFP like

X-Force in 2015 or 2016
X-Men in 2016 or 2017
X-Force/X-Men in 2017 or 2018

this could be really interesting, but I'm still not sure it would work very well.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:47 PM   #409
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hmmm if they are trying to get X-Force and X-Men to be their next "event or team-up" movie after DOFP like

X-Force in 2015 or 2016
X-Men in 2016 or 2017
X-Force/X-Men in 2017 or 2018

this could be really interesting, but I'm still not sure it would work very well.
The team up would more then likely be AOA. Much like the FC and X-Men team up=DOFP. Going from the other interview with Millar they are going for something big within the next few years. AOA makes perfect sense.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:13 PM   #410
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Age of Apocalypse vs The Thanos Imperative in 2018 would be pretty epic.

Thanos Imperative would inherently be more satisfying though because they would have been building towards it longer and over the course of far more films.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:51 PM   #411
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I'm pretty sure Age of Apocalypse would outshine any CBMs in 2018.

But hey thats just my humble opinion and I'm a Fox fan boy.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:54 PM   #412
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
The team up would more then likely be AOA. Much like the FC and X-Men team up=DOFP. Going from the other interview with Millar they are going for something big within the next few years. AOA makes perfect sense.
With that, I feel like they are ditching the FC cast for X-Force. I have no big problem with that Though I think they could still do a First Class 3 movie even in the next decade and James McAvoy/Michael Fassbender are already in their 40s in that time and they would closer to Patrick/Ian's age in X1.

I just hope if they move forward with X-Force, they will have the same critical response that FC got and enough money to get their budget back and not disappoint FOX executives. Because if X-Force failed, there's a possibility that it would screw up FOX's plan for the next X-Men movies.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:57 PM   #413
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
I just hope if they move forward with X-Force, they will have the same critical response that FC got and enough money to get their budget back and not disappoint FOX executives. Because if X-Force failed, there's a possibility that it would screw up FOX's plan for the next X-Men movies.
You should hope that with all X-Films, not just X-Force. Thats not the film to worry about killing the franchise or screwing up plans as it wont be as big of a film like DOFP. Everything will depend on DOFP, not X-Force. When X-Force is being made another X-Men film will be in pre-production. X-Force's outcome will only determine another X-Force sequel or other sub team films.

X-Force will have a better X-Men line up then FC, possibly feature Apocalypse plus be following up DOFP which hopefully should inject more interest for the franchise. It's in a much better position then FC was back in 2011.

Last edited by def28; 07-31-2013 at 11:06 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:05 PM   #414
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
You should hope that with all X-Films, not just X-Force. Thats not the film to worry about killing the franchise or screwing up plans as it wont be as big of a film like DOFP. Everything will depend on DOFP, not X-Force. When X-Force is being made another X-Men film will be in pre-production. X-Force's outcome will only determine another X-Force sequel or other sub team films.

X-Force will have a better X-Men line up then FC, possibly feature Apocalypse plus be following up DOFP which hopefully should inject more interest for the franchise. It's in a much better position then FC was back in 2011.
Just because DOFP is goin to be a success, it doesn't mean the next films after that are already guaranteed a hit especially if its a X-Force movie. So they should really plan this carefully. If First Class/The Wolverine weren't close to opening weekend projections of FOx and movie websites, it might happen to X-Force too.

And you don't know when they will start the pre-production for the next X-Men film. If nothing is happening to Deadpool right now, if the Silver Surfer movie/the third Fantastic Four film were canceled after the box-office performance of FF2 and if Origins: Magneto/Young X-Men were absorbed by X-Men: First Class. It means nothing is set in stone until they enter production. And box-office performance is a big factor why they continue or stop films from going into production.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:07 PM   #415
def28
Side-Kick

Since your the only self proclaimed "Fox Fan Boy" on this site, I have no idea why you are the only being negative about this movie as it's the strongest choice for another team film they have. It's actually a really good decision by Fox.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:11 PM   #416
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Since your the only self proclaimed "Fox Fan Boy" on this site, I have no idea why you are the only being negative about this movie as it's the strongest choice for another team film they have. It's actually a really good decision by Fox.
FOX fan-boy is a joke. I'm kidding myself.

And the strongest choice for another team film is with X-Men 5 and X-Men 6. Not First Class 3 and X-Force. I said that a long time ago.

A X-Force film would need more explanation/cast introduction again like Origins/First Class/The Wolverine. With X-Men 5/X-Men 6, it will be a straight follow-up to a previous film and people are already familiar with the cast except for the new characters that are going to be in the movie.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:15 PM   #417
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
And the strongest choice for another team film is with X-Men 5 and X-Men 6. Not First Class 3 and X-Force. I said that a long time ago.
Quote:
Meaning aside from the main X-Team. Would you rather Fox go back to their original plan that Wadlow has been hinting at. Releasing solos that build up to an X-Force flick?
Quote:
A X-Force film would need more explanation/cast introduction again like Origins/First Class/The Wolverine. With X-Men 5/X-Men 6, it will be a straight follow-up to a previous film and people are already familiar with the cast except for the new characters that are going to be in the movie.
It's you assuming again. It's the next movie planned so best get over the hate.

Last edited by def28; 07-31-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:27 PM   #418
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

You know I wouldn't be so against with these spin-offs if they are guaranteed big hits. If some of the fans, don't think a Cyclops or Storm solo film would be successful. How about a X-Force film when you show it to general audience?

I would just hate to see if one day FOX continued to release spin-off movies but they suddenly stopped because one of those spin-offs didn't make a lot of money, they lost confidence to the franchise and its already too late to bring the original cast back. Look what happened to Fantastic Four, look what happened to Daredevil after Elektra. X-Men is not even one of the biggest film franchises.

At this point, the only spin-off movie I want to happen is Wolverine 3. Because it wouldn't need a budget like $150 million especially if they just film in Canada. The Wolverine filmed in Japan and filming there is expensive, imagine if they didn't film there. And the small scale and the small amount of mutants worked for the movie.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 07-31-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:33 PM   #419
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Meaning aside from the main X-Team. Would you rather Fox go back to their original plan that Wadlow has been hinting at. Releasing solos that build up to an X-Force flick?
Ehh that would take a lot of time and years! And X-Men is not MCU.

In my opinion, they should just continue releasing films with the OT cast (at least 2), 1 more small-scaled Wolverine film and Fantastic Four. And maybe a First Class 3 film featuring the younger version of Cyke, Storm and Jean after the franchise got a lot of momentum from DOFP and post DOFP films.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:41 PM   #420
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ehh that would take a lot of time and years! And X-Men is not MCU.
Which is why you should be happy Wadlow came in and gave them an alternative that better suits The X-Men franchise.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:44 PM   #421
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Which is why you should be happy Wadlow came in and gave them an alternative that better suits The X-Men franchise.
An alternative that wouldn't exactly benefit the franchise, just the fans who will finally see a X-Force film. Like seriously, you want X-Force to copy the model of MCU/The Avengers. Separate films for Wolverine, Deadpool, Cable, Psylocke, Colossus and Domino first before the X-Force movie! Thats a bigger risk than releasing a X-Force film after DOFP.

Not all things that were done in the comics can be done in film. Especially film-making requires a LOT of money.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:49 PM   #422
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Age of Apocalypse vs The Thanos Imperative in 2018 would be pretty epic.

Be a good way to start giving 2015 a run for its money.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:06 AM   #423
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
You know I wouldn't be so against with these spin-offs if they are guaranteed big hits.
There's no such thing as a guaranteed hit in film.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:13 AM   #424
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

^They are especially for established film franchises like Spider-Man, The Avengers, Harry Potter and Star Wars.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:23 AM   #425
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
There's no such thing as a guaranteed hit in film.
There really are though.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote