The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!)

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 07-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #2
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Default Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!)

PAQUIN & SINGER ARE BACK TOGETHER!

Old 07-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #3
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!)

That would be really cool. Anna mentioned that she wanted some action scenes in X3 and was disappointed that she didn't get any.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Sorry, but they were together for years in the OT, and were still together at the end of X3. I don't know where you get that she had a crush on Wolverine. In X1 yes, but it was more a buddy/father daughter relationship in X2/X3. Why would she need to set him free, he wants to be with her, you're argument makes no sense. Maybe they broker up and maybe not, we don't know yet.
They weren't together years. OT timeline spans 1-2 years max. She didn't start dating him until after X1. They weren't together that long at all. It was convenience and a teen crush. It's why they're such an unpopular couple with a lot of fans. More people bizarrely shipped her with Wolverine over Iceman.

They won't have lasted 10 years, it's not realistic. Especially when Rogue is literally untouchable for a big chunk of that time. It's why Gambit and her were so on/off in the comics during her untouchable years. And he was her true love. Bobby isn't anything close to that so them still in a relationship would be ridiculous and the audience will not buy it. Shawn's own words imply they aren't together anymore. And I am hoping they're not. That was one part I am begging Singer to have dropped. Rogue can't be kickass still whimpering over not being able to touch boring Bobby.

Old 07-30-2013, 11:46 PM   #5
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I doubt we would see Rogue fly in this movie. Maybe a super strength, but flight. I don't think so. At the comic-con, she said Rogue would have been her favorite mutant if she could fly. Maybe she's throwing us off to believe that she won't fly in DOFP but I doubt it.

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 07-30-2013, 11:59 PM   #6
Loki882
Side-Kick

Ok, have her jump really far. We don't know how much time passed between X2 and X3, it felt like quite awhile given the tone shift.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:55 AM   #7
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I doubt we would see Rogue fly in this movie. Maybe a super strength, but flight. I don't think so. At the comic-con, she said Rogue would have been her favorite mutant if she could fly. Maybe she's throwing us off to believe that she won't fly in DOFP but I doubt it.
I don't think she'll have either power. Who could she get them off?

She doesn't seem to have scenes with Storm or Colossus and they are the only options for either power. She will probably borrow Iceman's or Magneto's if she has to fight.

Quote:
We don't know how much time passed between X2 and X3, it felt like quite awhile given the tone shift.
No it wasn't. It was a few months max. Rogue didn't age much through the three movies. It was less than 2 years for sure. Her and Bobby were not together that long. And she wasn't a team member that long either. It's why the teens weren't the greatest fighters as of X3. They didn't have the experience.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:09 AM   #8
Mars123
Side-Kick

I wonder if rogue has a mini sub plot, hence why she isn't with many of the original cast?! It would give additional depth to the future scenes

Old 07-31-2013, 11:58 AM   #9
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

My guess that would make the most sense to me is: she is in an internment camp with the collar on and her next door cell mate (a blonde bad ass woman) try to escape together. They almost escape and they are attacked by the Sentinels. They blast them and the group of others trying to escape knocking off there collars.

Rogue see the blonde woman is mortally wounded. She puts her out of her misery by absorbing her powers and and jumping up and punching the Sentinel dead in its face and then pulling out it's power core with her bare hands.

:o
Old 07-31-2013, 12:02 PM   #10
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
My guess that would make the most sense to me is: she is in an internment camp with the collar on and her next door cell mate (a blonde bad ass woman) try to escape together. They almost escape and they are attacked by the Sentinels. They blast them and the group of others trying to escape knocking off there collars.

Rogue see the blonde woman is mortally wounded. She puts her out of her misery by absorbing her powers and and jumping up and punching the Sentinel dead in its face and then pulling out it's power core with her bare hands.
That would work... But where does that leave her once things are altered? Itd be a big coincidence if she has the powers again in an alternate universe...

Old 07-31-2013, 12:10 PM   #11
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

find a ms marvel to drain plz thank you

Old 07-31-2013, 02:29 PM   #12
Loki882
Side-Kick

Captain Marvel, thank you very much good sir.

Old 07-31-2013, 02:33 PM   #13
Mars123
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post

Instead of blonde could it be the character played by Amelia giovanni?! The character elizabeth Sanchez?!

Old 07-31-2013, 05:44 PM   #14
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
That would work... But where does that leave her once things are altered? Itd be a big coincidence if she has the powers again in an alternate universe...
True. But they could at least show at the end that the "blonde mutant" is with the X-Men so it leaves it open to happening again in future sequels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars123 View Post
Instead of blonde could it be the character played by Amelia giovanni?! The character elizabeth Sanchez?!
I'm not sure. Is that even a comic book character?

:o
Old 07-31-2013, 05:50 PM   #15
Mars123
Side-Kick

Not sure who she is... But as she's on imdb thought I hypothesise who she is!

Old 07-31-2013, 05:53 PM   #16
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post

She doesn't seem to have scenes with Storm or Colossus and they are the only options for either power. She will probably borrow Iceman's or Magneto's if she has to fight.

No it wasn't. It was a few months max. Rogue didn't age much through the three movies. It was less than 2 years for sure. Her and Bobby were not together that long. And she wasn't a team member that long either. It's why the teens weren't the greatest fighters as of X3. They didn't have the experience.
Well I guess however long it takes for Jean to grow her hair from short to long.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:59 PM   #17
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Warpath. It's the only way I see him being of any use.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:15 PM   #18
DOFP
Side-Kick

I though warpath would be in the future, and Rogue is in the present . . . . ??

Old 07-31-2013, 07:24 PM   #19
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOFP View Post
I though warpath would be in the future, and Rogue is in the present . . . . ??
Your right.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:45 PM   #20
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Well I guess however long it takes for Jean to grow her hair from short to long.
It only takes a few months to do that. The timeline for X1-X3 is 1-2 years max. And two years is probably being liable.

Quote:
Warpath. It's the only way I see him being of any use.
Different timelines. I don't think Rogue will have or gain extra powers in DOFP. She will definitely borrow other powers but I don't think there is the opportunity for her to gain any. Especially as the time travel will make that timeline obsolete anyway so she wouldn't have the powers in the altered one.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:42 PM   #21
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Well first we don't know which scenes did she film and second, there's camera tricks/green screen.

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 08-01-2013, 05:28 AM   #22
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Well first we don't know which scenes did she film and second, there's camera tricks/green screen.
We do have a fare idea of who Anna filmed with. She wasn't on set with Daniel unless she came back a 2nd time. Halle is a question mark, if she was it was very briefly. Unless there was secret filming we're unaware of.

They can't do camera tricks to have her take powers of people she doesn't have a scene with. Be realistic. She is not getting powers that way.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:00 AM   #23
Angamb
Banned User

why are we overanalyzing Rogue's possible scene partners on here??

there wont be anything left for the surprise, you know?

I want to go watch the trailers or go to the theatre without knowing if Rogue cant have a scene with this actor or if she only can interact with that one and that other one.

this overanalysis is too much

Old 08-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #24
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
why are we overanalyzing Rogue's possible scene partners on here??

there wont be anything left for the surprise, you know?

I want to go watch the trailers or go to the theatre without knowing if Rogue cant have a scene with this actor or if she only can interact with that one and that other one.

this overanalysis is too much
Because it's stupid going in expecting things that won't happen. This is why X3 was so disappointing because our expectations were way too high. Especially in the case of Rogue. I want to be prepared.

I feel better knowing in-advance what I may not be getting. I'll enjoy what I do get a lot more. If we get surprises then that is brilliant. As for the filming schedule talk that actually started in this thread back in April. Most of the evidence is already in here

Old 08-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #25
Figs
Banned User

I don't care all that much about who she shares scenes with. I'm wondering what she's going to be doing in her scenes.

As much as I would love for her to be able to fly, or have super strength at the very least, I just don't think it's going to happen. If it doesn't happen, I have a feeling she'll be kind of wasted since she won't be much help in a Sentinel fight, if they have one in their time period.

Closed Thread