Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 01:44 AM   #26
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Fan View Post
Yeah, I'm not gonna sit here and give Singer a pass he is just as responsible for Wolverine taking center spotlight as Kinberg and Penn. And though he has made on decent x-men film (X1) and one great one (X2) I still wish Vaughn would have come back to co-direct (the first class cast) or a reboot with a different director and vision. I can appreciate what Singer has done but I just have never really liked him with this franchise.
Singer gave Logan more screentime and narrative focus, but he maintained the dynamics of the team. 2 completely different things. Kinberg and Penn completely f**ked up the roles and dynamics.

Old 08-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #27
The Guard
Side-Kick

I see people are still in denial about Wolverine's role in the X-Men over the last few decades.

Storm was never intended to be the X-Men's field/battle leader in this franchise. She was intended to be the emotional core of the team. This is seen in all three X-Men movies, and the events of THE LAST STAND are consistent with this.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 08-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #28
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick

Are they gonna hook up Wolverine and Storm in this movie? I remember it happening in the comics/cartoon...that would be interesting!

Old 08-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #29
kasjan
Side-Kick

That was in AOA, not DOFP.

Old 08-01-2013, 04:05 PM   #30
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Yeah, I remember that one. There's also a deleted scene where Beast breaks a mutant's neck. Here are all of them. Beast scene at 7:34. There are so many scenes that I never knew were cut. This is eye opening.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
wow i've never seen those, thanks for posting! some of those I really wish couldve stayed...I liked the scene where Logan and Iceman get into it about the younger x-men joining the battle...the Beast reciting Shakespeare one was terrible! lol.

Old 08-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #31
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

The scene where Logan was more frank and harsh towards Iceman wanting to go with them to the final battle ("you might not come home, she might not come home... you ready for that?") was so much better (and more true to Wolverine's character... he is the tough love member of the X-Men). A dumb move to not use that take.

Old 08-01-2013, 06:55 PM   #32
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by righthooksrus86 View Post
wow i've never seen those, thanks for posting! some of those I really wish couldve stayed...I liked the scene where Logan and Iceman get into it about the younger x-men joining the battle...the Beast reciting Shakespeare one was terrible! lol.
No problem! Aw man, that Beast scene was terrible. Hilarious, but terrible.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:20 PM   #33
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
It does drop from the clouds. Here's the scene. It's a really harsh and murderous scene for Storm lmao. No wonder it was deleted.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
I stand corrected, idk how that is possible either I didnt know clouds carried bodies of water.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:10 AM   #34
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Storm was never intended to be the X-Men's field/battle leader in this franchise. She was intended to be the emotional core of the team. This is seen in all three X-Men movies, and the events of THE LAST STAND are consistent with this.
Then they shouldn't have written/included the Xavier/Storm scene that completely contradicts what you say.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:41 AM   #35
Mars123
Side-Kick

I love the wave and love the bad assess of it!

Old 08-02-2013, 04:04 AM   #36
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
I would completely disagree. X3 quite clearly showed Storm take over Cyclops' role as field/battle leader, with the Xavier/Storm scene. One scene demonstrating Storm becoming the leader in X3 is when Logan comes back to the mansion (after getting his ass handed to him by Magneto) he comes in shouting Storm's name. He recognises her as the leader of the team and informs her of Magneto's plans.

Despite being in a hurry and all Logan never once suggests that they assemble the team. That isn't his right, it is Storm who ultimately makes that decision and she does this simply by saying "Let's Suit up".

Despite Storm's limited screen time in the previous movies they quite clearly displayed Storm's leadership skills. In X2, during the absence of their leader, the team look to her for guidance and Storm steps up. Even when Cyclops rejoins the team at the end it is Storm who is able to think quickly on her feet under extreme pressure and comes up with the plan that stops Cerebro without hurting Prof X. Even going back to X1, Storm was always sent along with Cyclops on the mission to rescue Rogue and Logan and to Find Rogue at the train station she has always been on the field.

X3 continues that trend and expands it making her the official leader and then seemingly honours that position given to her, until the very end where Storm should have been giving orders. X3 undermines everything that it and the previous films built up, by having Logan bark orders during the Alcatraz battle instead of Storm.

I'm not too sure where you get this idea of her being the emotional core of the team. If anything I would say Jean was the emotional core of the team or maybe Rogue but certainly not Storm. When has she ever demonstrated that quality in the movies? Or is your definition of emotional core and my definition completely different.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 08-02-2013, 04:34 AM   #37
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
I stand corrected, idk how that is possible either I didnt know clouds carried bodies of water.
Lol.... Clouds are made of water (in liquid droplets or frozen crystals of ice). It falls as rain.

What Storm did was pull down all the water/rain from the sky overhead in one narrow column rather than let it fall as rain over a wide area.

The effects were unfinished and it didn't look quite right - it should perhaps have been a wider sheet of rainwater.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:05 AM   #38
NanaT
X-Men United!

The following quote from Berry herself confirms that she has indeed finished filming which was suspected a while ago. What she says next though isn't encouraging.

Quote:
However she adds that shooting her role in the movie, the seventh instalment in the successful superhero franchise, wasn’t without its challenges. “I was one of the first ones in and the first ones out,” Halle says. “My ever-growing belly was posing a constant challenge. What I could do was getting more limited so the role that I play is so different from what it could have been due to my surprise pregnancy.”
http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbi...e-X-Men-factor

Old 08-02-2013, 05:08 AM   #39
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Ah, that's such a shame. I hope that doesn't impact the story too much.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:09 AM   #40
NanaT
X-Men United!

This is interesting though: Also from Berry

Quote:
But there’s something very revealing and shocking about Storm in this movie that I thought was needed.’

She teased: ‘There are some things you find out about her that I think give you much more insight into who she is.’
http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/01/halle-...-past-3908213/

Old 08-02-2013, 05:10 AM   #41
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Old 08-02-2013, 06:25 AM   #42
Electrix
Side-Kick

I’m not worried about Storm's action scenes. Any Storm vs. Sentinel battles would have been a mix of stunt double and CGI anyway. I think because Halle did most of Storm’s action scenes before (she did the spinning herself in X3) her personal involvement has been reduced so her ‘role’ has been limited. Halle may not have been on-set but her stunt double probably was.

Hugh Jackman said Halle was on wires so Halle probably did the ‘rising’ and close-ups and her double/CGI will do the spinning, flying, zooming, falling etc.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #43
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

I pray for another X-men film where Halle can finally do Storm justice full on.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #44
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Jackman said a while ago, that Halle was on a harness and doing wire work. Storm will have some action scenes since she was photographed with her X-Men suit, but obviously she won't be doing as much as storm fans want her to do.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #45
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
This is interesting though: Also from Berry

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/01/halle-...-past-3908213/
Claustrophobia?

Old 08-02-2013, 05:22 PM   #46
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
It's quite simply a matter of science actually: Storm created a cloudburst, that's all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloudburst

"A cloudburst is an extreme amount of precipitation, sometimes with hail and thunder, which normally lasts no longer than a few minutes but is capable of creating flood conditions. Colloquially, the term cloudburst may be used to describe any sudden heavy, brief, and usually unforecast rainfall."

Although it wasn't executed well visually (did they forget to turn on the fans to make her cape billow in the wind while she was suspended in mid-air? ), all Storm did was create a tornado--but out of water. Just as winds are pulled together into a vortex in one collected, focused place, Storm summoned the precipitation in the air (she likely increased amounts from the water surrounding Alcatraz) and psionically focused it on that crowd of mutants. Once the water hit the ground, she simitaneously created a wall of wind to drive it forward, thereby bulldozing and overwhelming the crowds. Basically, they were hit above AND from the front with the elements in a rapid, unexpected fashion as the cloudburst definition explains.

And of course, the Lightning Strikez part is easy.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #47
lastairbender
Side-Kick

I feel a bit frustrated.. now that looked like we were having a powerfull Storm screentime...and what sads me is that is probably the last time we are having her on screen...(for a log time at least).. Theres hope to be wrong even with my pessimism..

Old 08-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #48
CB Fan
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Claustrophobia?
I'm thinking so, would be cool if we cut to Storm as a little girl to give us backstory on her claustrophobia but I'm not betting on it since there is so much that has to be done already.

I'm not liking that quote from Halle I mean she makes it sound like we could have gotten a true killer Storm that actually has something to do but since shes gotten pregnant we're gonna be getting a heavily watered down version of that. I just hope we get at least ONE epic scene hopefully like the X1 scene where she fries toad (minus the horrible dialogue).

Old 08-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #49
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
I pray for another X-men film where Halle can finally do Storm justice full on.
Lets hope for a X-Men 5 movie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastairbender View Post
I feel a bit frustrated.. now that looked like we were having a powerfull Storm screentime...and what sads me is that is probably the last time we are having her on screen...(for a log time at least).
I doubt it! I don't think FOX will wait another 7 to 8 years to bring her back.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 08-03-2013, 01:07 AM   #50
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Fan View Post
I'm thinking so, would be cool if we cut to Storm as a little girl to give us backstory on her claustrophobia but I'm not betting on it since there is so much that has to be done already.

I'm not liking that quote from Halle I mean she makes it sound like we could have gotten a true killer Storm that actually has something to do but since shes gotten pregnant we're gonna be getting a heavily watered down version of that. I just hope we get at least ONE epic scene hopefully like the X1 scene where she fries toad (minus the horrible dialogue).
It is a little disappointing to hear that changes were made, but I do think there will still be a scene where she goes apeshizz on Sentinels. Hopefully the changes that had to be made resulted in Halle/Storm getting some more quieter moments. Seriously... ANY character development would be welcome.

Closed Thread