The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Old 08-01-2013, 12:07 AM   #76
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Default Re: The Wolverine - Bloodier Extended Director's Cut on Bluray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Do you know there's already a five-film set?
Lol, I was talking about BTTF, not the X-Men. I have all five of them, leading up to FC, bought them when they were released. Considering that awesome Adamantium collection if its real.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:08 AM   #77
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Quote:
With the revised covers? I remembered that but I didn't buy it. I only bought the first 2-disc DVD editions of all 8 Harry Potter movies.
That "Ultimate Wizard's Set" angers me, namely because it's overpriced, filled with unnecessary crap, and didn't give us extended cuts/deleted footage not already released.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:03 AM   #78
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I honestly don't think I have been that disappointed in a long time. I was so excited. Nice little set up, beautiful setting, plenty of ninjas. Harada's little intro is nice. Then nothing. 2 mins of running. What the hell?!?!?!
I know what you mean, I was ready for this epic Wolverine vs Ninja sequence and it got boiled down to Logan running with arrows in his back, the movies only big let down for me.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #79
J_Howlett
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I know what you mean, I was ready for this epic Wolverine vs Ninja sequence and it got boiled down to Logan running with arrows in his back, the movies only big let down for me.
Once the blu comes out you won't feel let down any longer.

J_Howlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #80
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
This annoyed me more than anything, perhaps the treatment of SS aside, but I understand why but damn it I need some bright spark to "leak" that ninja fight online!!

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:51 PM   #81
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
This annoyed me more than anything, perhaps the treatment of SS aside, but I understand why but damn it I need some bright spark to "leak" that ninja fight online!!
The thing with Silver Samurai is it wouldn't have been my personal choice but I felt it had logic within the plot, with the Ninja scene we lost it due to stringent ratings board suits!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #82
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
The thing with Silver Samurai is it wouldn't have been my personal choice but I felt it had logic within the plot, with the Ninja scene we lost it due to stringent ratings board suits!
Yeah Robo-Samurai was not a big problem for me in the end because it had CBM logic and had the purpose of being a life support machine and built to take Logans powers from him, it made sense, as you say.

But I would have liked to have seen one fight with the traditional armor, even if when Logan has that short dream/nightmare about it, that would have been really cool, and also the way they went it kind of meant Harada ended up being a bit of a loose part and his character was wasted, literally.

However I have thought on this and I guess the makers thought there was no point in setting up an SS character in the long term as they always said this is a one off story and so if it had been a normal SS from the comics he may never have been used again so whats the point!

Old 08-02-2013, 12:21 AM   #83
BlackFox
Almost ninja

At least with the extended cut we will get to see a bit more of Harada which was kind of needed, it seemed like his big moment was cut down dramatically.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:28 AM   #84
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah Robo-Samurai was not a big problem for me in the end because it had CBM logic and had the purpose of being a life support machine and built to take Logans powers from him, it made sense, as you say.

But I would have liked to have seen one fight with the traditional armor, even if when Logan has that short dream/nightmare about it, that would have been really cool, and also the way they went it kind of meant Harada ended up being a bit of a loose part and his character was wasted, literally.

However I have thought on this and I guess the makers thought there was no point in setting up an SS character in the long term as they always said this is a one off story and so if it had been a normal SS from the comics he may never have been used again so whats the point!
You think they might want to use the real SS again in a future movie? I hope so =/

righthooksrus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:34 AM   #85
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by righthooksrus86 View Post
You think they might want to use the real SS again in a future movie? I hope so =/
I'm not sure, I dont see how now for a while because the Japanese story is done, Yasheda is dead, Harada is dead, Shingen is dead so none of them can be SS now. DoFP I doubt will have him so the only possible chance is if they do a sequel and I doubt if they did one they would concentrate on Japan again.

It doesnt seem likely we will see him again anytime soon.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:42 AM   #86
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

No more Silver Samurai for me. Ichiro Yashida IS Silver Samurai in this franchise, he was the lead villain in the 6th X-Men movie and he's dead. They should just make room for the villains we haven't seen before in film.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:46 AM   #87
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick

True I've just had a soft spot for the character and I wish they'd done him justice in this film.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:57 AM   #88
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
No more Silver Samurai for me. Ichiro Yashida IS Silver Samurai in this franchise, he was the lead villain in the 6th X-Men movie and he's dead. They should just make room for the villains we haven't seen before in film.
Yeah I think your right, I dont see him coming back anytime soon

Quote:
True I've just had a soft spot for the character and I wish they'd done him justice in this film.
Yeah I see your point but I dont think they did a bad job with Yashida, at least they built a decent character around the SS in this film, the connection between him and Logan does make more sense for him to be SS rather than Harada in the end.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:58 AM   #89
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah I think your right, I dont see him coming back anytime soon

Yeah I see your point but I dont think they did a bad job with Yashida, at least they built a decent character around the SS in this film, the connection between him and Logan does make more sense for him to be SS rather than Harada in the end.
I agree he was a good villain and made for (what I look at) as a great superhero vs supervilain fight at the end.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:05 AM   #90
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
I agree he was a good villain and made for (what I look at) as a great superhero vs supervilain fight at the end.
Yeah exactly, it could have been a lot worse *cough* Deadpool *cough*, but it was done with thought involved this time at least.

And as I said elsewhere it meant we got to see Logan in a fight against a supperior opponent which we haven't seen before so I liked that too.

The extended version should give us the thing I have a bigger issue with which is the ninja fight

Old 08-02-2013, 01:12 AM   #91
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick

True dat, Yashida in the robosamurai suit was the most physically imposing dude Logan's fought since Sabretooth in X1. I liked that fight a lot, but SS in The Wolverine was better.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:17 AM   #92
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Ugh don't remind me of Weapon XI. Isn't it scary how much better he would have been received (though unsure of the movie) if they just didn't say he was Deadpool / Wade and made up Weapon XI? I mean, I get where they were going, and having that hilarious, 4th wall breaking DP would have felt out of place, but damn, just make up someone instead of that.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:21 AM   #93
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Ugh don't remind me of Weapon XI. Isn't it scary how much better he would have been received (though unsure of the movie) if they just didn't say he was Deadpool / Wade and made up Weapon XI? I mean, I get where they were going, and having that hilarious, 4th wall breaking DP would have felt out of place, but damn, just make up someone instead of that.
Yeah there was no need to call him deadpool, just seemed like a PR stunt to get people in the theatre, just weapon X1 or something. Wouldnt have been so bad if the rest of the film wasnt complete garbage in the first place but he was just the icing on the cake.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:21 AM   #94
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Basically, they got Ryan Reynolds as Wade and then things went to hell. Wade was originally supposed to be a glorified cameo.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:25 AM   #95
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Basically, they got Ryan Reynolds as Wade and then things went to hell. Wade was originally supposed to be a glorified cameo.
The bigger problem than Deadpooh in that movie was that Wolverine wasnt in it either

Old 08-02-2013, 01:28 AM   #96
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Quote:
Yeah there was no need to call him deadpool, just seemed like a PR stunt to get people in the theatre, just weapon X1 or something. Wouldnt have been so bad if the rest of the film wasnt complete garbage in the first place but he was just the icing on the cake.
Basically, and I do get the "Pool of Dead Mutants" line...just ugh. If it weren't for Schriber, Jackman, and a few other things I wouldn't own this movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
I like Reynolds, although his screentime is short. However, I saw this a while ago, someone said what if they had traded Wade in for Gambit's role (giving Wade the opportunity for helping Logan out / wanting revenge on stryker, saving the day like Gambit did, etc so forth.) I know it's a bit ooc for Deadpool, but anything is better than that BS they gave us, along with just throwing Gambit in to get butts in seats. I liked what's his face in the role though.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:29 AM   #97
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick

Seriously how r u gonna put the merc thats known for his mouth in the movie and then take away his mouth literally?? smh

Old 08-02-2013, 01:30 AM   #98
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Yeah, it's... puzzling.

Benioff's script wasn't going to be a masterpiece, but at least it was more focused. This one was a parade of mutants.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:33 AM   #99
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

That also, is one of my biggest issues with the movie. It's too much of a cameo movie, in which everyone involved died. It seemed like he was with weapon x for like, half a day then bailed, lol. Everything was too "lets get to Wolverine getting his claws" instead of "how Logan became Wolverine".

Sorry to turn this into a hate thread BTW

Old 08-02-2013, 01:36 AM   #100
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

We're lucky Scott didn't die in XMOW, too.