The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Old 08-02-2013, 01:37 AM   #101
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Wolverine - Bloodier Extended Director's Cut on Bluray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
We're lucky Scott didn't die in XMOW, too.
HAHAHAH! good point!

righthooksrus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:39 AM   #102
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Quote:
We're lucky Scott didn't die in XMOW, too.
He died, offscreen, running into a terrible Green Screen.

There is. No. Pepe Silvia.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:41 AM   #103
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:14 AM   #104
BlackFox
Almost ninja

I wonder when we will get more news on this, going to be a long wait for this come out.

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #105
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

I sense they'll hold back till the DoFP release date is close. You know, for an ultra-mega-special edition.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:25 AM   #106
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
I sense they'll hold back till the DoFP release date is close. You know, for an ultra-mega-special edition.
But that's not until next year!! but then yeah they could hold back the extended version to make more cash.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:26 AM   #107
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

It's Fox. They may have turned a new leaf, but that doesn't mean they don't want dat cash.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:29 AM   #108
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
It's Fox. They may have turned a new leaf, but that doesn't mean they don't want dat cash.
True dat and the more money they get the greater the chance of a sequel I guess, but just want to see that ninja fight in its full glory.

Ah well it will happen in time

Old 08-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #109
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
That's my suspicion too. They get to use that to promote DOFP, and include one of those free movie cash offers.

The pre-order is up on Amazon, but there are no specs up. They probably wouldn't be promoting an extended cut on blu-ray just yet, since it's still in theaters.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #110
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
Yeah Robo-Samurai was not a big problem for me in the end because it had CBM logic and had the purpose of being a life support machine and built to take Logans powers from him, it made sense, as you say.

But I would have liked to have seen one fight with the traditional armor, even if when Logan has that short dream/nightmare about it, that would have been really cool, and also the way they went it kind of meant Harada ended up being a bit of a loose part and his character was wasted, literally.

However I have thought on this and I guess the makers thought there was no point in setting up an SS character in the long term as they always said this is a one off story and so if it had been a normal SS from the comics he may never have been used again so whats the point!
I'm with you on this, it was one of those things where I'd have preferred a more traditional route but understood the route they chose.

I think Yashida having the robot suit designed to resemble the classic armor we saw in the case made sense as Japanese are very traditional, so him paying homage to his ancestry gave the design a credibility.

My biggest issue was that it didn't really produce a very good fight with Wolverine, maybe it was time or budget constraints but I thought Wolverine vs Robo-Samurai was a bit lackluster.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #111
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I'm with you on this, it was one of those things where I'd have preferred a more traditional route but understood the route they chose.

I think Yashida having the robot suit designed to resemble the classic armor we saw in the case made sense as Japanese are very traditional, so him paying homage to his ancestry gave the design a credibility.

My biggest issue was that it didn't really produce a very good fight with Wolverine, maybe it was time or budget constraints but I thought Wolverine vs Robo-Samurai was a bit lackluster.
Yes although the film may not have applied the letter of the law in terms of staying faithful to the comic book it always adhered to its spirit. If you must have a large robotic suit of armor in your comic book film, make sure its a damn cool samurai looking one, that they achieved

Honestly if this film had come out at the time Origins did, before all the Ironman films it wouldnt suffer half the flack it gets for the third act

As for your final paragraph I think the problem is it could never live up to the fight on the train or the Shingen showdown or (fingers crossed) the ninja fight (when we get it) so it was always going to feel lacklustre a touch. I was still recovering from that Shigen duel the first time I watched it that the Robo fight flashed by with me still in a daze of what had come before.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:55 PM   #112
lastairbender
Side-Kick

The 3d Bluray is available for pre order in a nice steelbook with that black ink wolverine teaser pic.. very nice...hmv store

lastairbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #113
lastairbender
Side-Kick

Perhaps the steelbook or something else?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Wolverine-...=the+wolverine

lastairbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #114
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Yes although the film may not have applied the letter of the law in terms of staying faithful to the comic book it always adhered to its spirit. If you must have a large robotic suit of armor in your comic book film, make sure its a damn cool samurai looking one, that they achieved

Honestly if this film had come out at the time Origins did, before all the Ironman films it wouldnt suffer half the flack it gets for the third act

As for your final paragraph I think the problem is it could never live up to the fight on the train or the Shingen showdown or (fingers crossed) the ninja fight (when we get it) so it was always going to feel lacklustre a touch. I was still recovering from that Shigen duel the first time I watched it that the Robo fight flashed by with me still in a daze of what had come before.
It would have been better if Wolverine/SS were fighting in a bigger field. They could really move around that much especially SS. But I liked how Wolverine was thrown in different floors.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:18 PM   #115
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I want this!!!

X-Men: The Adamantium Collection
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...d_i=B00E4W40C4

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #116
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I want this!!!

Definitely gettin my hands on all of that myself.

righthooksrus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:44 PM   #117
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:

I thought the ugliest part of that fight was the suit drilling into Wolverine's exposed bone marrow. Sheesh, it was like watching a dentist drill without the novacaine or something.

I also loved the fact that it was the ladies who pretty much saved the day in that finale too. Usually they're the ones that need to be saved, but they really saved his ass throughout that whole thing.

I've seen the movie three times now, that ending grows on me every time I see it again.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:07 AM   #118
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I want this!!!

That does look damn good, I will give them that.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:16 AM   #119
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
I thought the ugliest part of that fight was the suit drilling into Wolverine's exposed bone marrow. Sheesh, it was like watching a dentist drill without the novacaine or something.

I also loved the fact that it was the ladies who pretty much saved the day in that finale too. Usually they're the ones that need to be saved, but they really saved his ass throughout that whole thing.

I've seen the movie three times now, that ending grows on me every time I see it again.
Yeah I like the fact it has those shocking moments and Logan losing the claws, certainly gave the ending some moments it needed.

And yeah it made a change for the females to come through and make the difference, instead of just watching and waiting in awe as the man does his thing, waiting to be rescued.

I'm a male but its good that females get better representation in these sorts of films not just to look good in a cat-suit or tight leather, I love the fact Mariko knew self-defence and was good at throwing knives, it made sense for her to be able to handle herself if she was going to become the most powerful person in Japan.

Old 08-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #120
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

If there is indeed an unrated cut with the ink poster artwork on a steelbook, it will be my first Blu Ray.

Won't get any boxset that includes Origins. That film is an abomination.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #121
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
If there is indeed an unrated cut with the ink poster artwork on a steelbook, it will be my first Blu Ray.

Won't get any boxset that includes Origins. That film is an abomination.
Yeah that kind of stops me getting any sort of boxset, that and last stand.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #122
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:

Completely agreed, the effect of Robo-Samurai was diminished by what had came before with Iron Man, it especially reminded me of Iron Monger in IM1, which oddly enough I watch the night before I saw The Wolverine, but the spirit was there.

Quote:
It was certainly difficult as any fight scene is when you pit a human against a giant CGI creation, but I look at Hulk vs Blonski in TIH, I was hoping for something more akin to that, where as Logan spent most of the fight in a stationary block pose, or running.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #123
Tehmeh
Everybody likes bewbs

I haven't even seen Wolverine yet (I will, of course) but when I read about Mangold's plan to release an unrated cut on blu-ray - even if it's not probably been confirmed to happen yet - I got excited. If I had to spend 50 euros on such a thing, I'd still do it. Wolverine if anything deserves to be seen as violent as possible.

I also have never disliked ANY longer cut of any movie I liked even a little. In our times, theatrical + longer cut should be a standard on blu-ray/DVD release. Not every movie of course, but you know what I mean. So many films are either too short or too crammed, many times both, and grown-ups should more often get blood and "****" instead of bruises and "crap".

Yes, I am excited about a possible unrated, longer cut without having even seen Wolverine yet. I read about it so much though that I'm already expecting a good ride, since people I usually agree with me have liked it and XMO:Wolverine sucked for me. Also I like Mangold a lot.

Tehmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #124
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Heard a possible release date of November 12 on the blu-ray.com boards. No confirmation of that, or whether it will be an extended edition. Stay tuned...

Old 08-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #125
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Silver Samurai kinda reminded me of The Destroyer from Thor.

Cast Joe Manganiello for Kraven the Hunter!
GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote