The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

View Poll Results: What is your favorite final battle?
Iron Man vs. Iron Monger (Iron Man) 1 1.20%
Hulk vs. Abomination in Harlem (The Incredible Hulk) 6 7.23%
Iron Man and War Machine vs. Hammer drones and Whiplash (Iron Man 2) 2 2.41%
Thor vs. Loki (Thor) 2 2.41%
Airship battle (Captain America: The First Avenger) 8 9.64%
Battle at New York (The Avengers) 60 72.29%
Battle on the docks with Iron Legion (Iron Man 3) 4 4.82%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #26
jacobed
Banned User

Default Re: What is your favorite "final battle" in the MCU?

I'd say Thor vs. Loki- most emotional and looked cool

Hulk vs Abomination was also cool

Avengers would be third. Just a big yawn to that battle

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #27
Lorus
Side-Kick

Not a final battle, but I thought I'd just mention that the Helicarrier siege from Avengers trumps all the answers in the poll. That's probably the best action sequence in the whole MCU.

Lorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #28
mocomic
Philistian by choice

When Marvel gets FF back and Ben Grimm and the Hulk face off . Now that would be Epic. To date though Hulk vs Thor.

mocomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:49 PM   #29
TheFantasticJoe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocomic View Post
When Marvel gets FF back and Ben Grimm and the Hulk face off . Now that would be Epic. To date though Hulk vs Thor.
As much as I want that to happen, I wouldn't hold your breath for it.

TheFantasticJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #30
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

The New York battle was pure comic book goodness.

AndrewGilkison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #31
weezerspider
Side-Kick

1. The Avengers
2. The Incredible Hulk

3. Iron Man 3

4. Captain America
5. Thor

6. Iron Man

7. Iron Man 2

The Avengers is the only MCU with great action. The others have pretty good ones except Iron Man and Iron Man 2 are sort of ehhhh.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #32
mocomic
Philistian by choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFantasticJoe View Post
As much as I want that to happen, I wouldn't hold your breath for it.

I know but it would be epic

Funny thing I'm 53 yrs old
I worry now about living to see all the possible future movies

Man I'm a comic book nerd I guess

mocomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #33
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Cap and Red Skull was really disappointing to me. It seemed like Red Skull tripped and fell and then defeated himself.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #34
JJmelo
Side-Kick

The Avenger's fight was def the best but I voted for my second fav, the IM 3 fight scene.

JJmelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #35
OcStat
Side-Kick

The Avengers finale is awesome, no way around that. But it doesn't get my vote.

Hulk vs. Abomination was very good, I especially like the part where, for a second, you don't know if the Hulk will kill Abomination. One of the few times the Hulk was as frightening as he can and should be. But still doesn't get my vote.

Captain America's finale was epic, A massive bomber, those little bomb-pods, Cap jumping after them without a frickin' parachute, the propeller moment, and then a fist-fight with the Skull. But that doesn't get mine either.

I voted for Iron Man 3. Seeing Iron Man go hand to hand with somebody who could rip apart and crush his armor was something I had been waiting for, watching Tony jump in and out of all his different suits was thrilling, and with only 1 character they made a finale as fun to watch as The Avengers.

I can't wait to see what they do with Thor and Cap 2.

OcStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:12 AM   #36
Harley2004
Side-Kick

It was a lot of cgi, but the final fight in the Incredible Hulk, worked very well. It was also one on one. Not against a bunch of nameless space aliens.

Harley2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:24 AM   #37
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Seeing them all listed up there really shows how weak the calibre of action is compared to other marvel movies.

CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #38
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Captain America vs Red Skull

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #39
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

The battle of New York easily.

BUT, all the other MCU movies have had really disappointing final battle's IMO, non of them would get in the top 10 for me, Thor had the best finale in all probability and even then it wasnt very good. Avengers wipes the floor with the rest of them.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #40
Thundarr
Side-Kick

Avengers, hands down the best final battle ever.

Thundarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:51 PM   #41
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

I wish the Hulk had snapped the abomination's neck.

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #42
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Oil Rig Battle, Iron Man 3.

Hands down best battle ever.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:49 AM   #43
Marvel_SKE
Side-Kick

Hulk vs Abomination

I'm still thrilled everytime i saw a "HULK SMASH" scene

Marvel_SKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #44
Hmarrs
Side-Kick

Hulk slamming Loki!!!Best of all.It's not in the list but best confrontation of all.By far.

Old 09-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #45
Victarion
Cut

Iron Man vs Mandarin.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #46
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Here's how I rank em:

1. Avengers vs. Loki & Chitauri (easy choice)
2. Thor vs. Loki
3. Captain America vs. Red Skull
4. Hulk vs. Abomination
5. Iron Legion vs. Extremis soldiers
6. Iron Man & War Machine vs. Whiplash and the Drones
7. Iron Man vs. Iron Monger

Ragnaroknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #47
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
I wish the Hulk had snapped the abomination's neck.
But I love that he didn't. Betty appealed to his humanity and helped save the Hulk I think.

Ragnaroknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #48
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

1. Thor vs Loki
2. Iron Man & War Machine vs Whiplash
3. Regular Man & Flamey Pepper vs Kilian
4. Avengers vs Those Alien guys
5. Hulk vs Abomination
6. Iron Man vs Iron Monger
7. Captain America vs Red Skull

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:21 AM   #49
seishin87
Side-Kick

Well since the poll question asks which would be your favorite, for me that would be the Flying wing sequence from CA:TFA. Might as well rank them all and my reasons why.

1. Captain America:TFA- Of all the sequences listed, this one is far and away my favorite. Much like Captain America himself, this whole movie feels a little out of place in time. Aside from the visual effects the style of action is very low key, very different from contemporary action films. Feels almost like this film is pre-Matrix age from the mid to late '90s. They don't make many films like this anymore. Some may feel the action is lacking or dated, and while I can see that for me it's all about the nostalgia.

The entire sequence is the culmination of the loving reference/homage to Raiders of the Lost Ark. You have the flying wing, a villain dispatched by propeller, even Red Skull's "demise" via the "artifact" is pretty much exactly how every Indy Big Bad get's it. I love that kinda stuff. The actual fight between Cap and Red Skull is perhaps not the "best" fight of the MCU, but it's still satisfying for me in an old school kinda way. Cap even gets to use his shield as the finishing blow that knocks Skull back and the zero-g stuff and the sky imagery and top of the world shots. Yep. My favorite final battle.

2. Iron man- This is another one of my favorites. The whole finale with Stane/Iron Monger is probably the most satisfying of the final confrontations in the Iron Man trilogy. I love the whole David vs. Goliath dynamic they got going on and how the fight transitions from the brawl in the street, then a chase into the sky and then finally the showdown on the roof of the reactor building. Stane's ultimate swan dive into the arc reactor was spectacularly satisfying and explosive. I like how Tony was at a clear disadvantage for pretty much the entire fight. Clearly my favorite Iron Man final battle and #2 favorite overall.

3. The Avengers- Without a doubt this clearly the most "epic" of the final battles so far in the MCU and as such not surprising it's the leading sequence for the poll. This is my third favorite overall. Probably because we get to see all our heroes fighting together and basically it's like a second movie Captain America Thor, third Iron man (movie), etc. While aside from Loki all the other enemies are just cannon or in this case Avenger fodder. Loved the bits where Cap was taking charge. Also liked some of the more brutal parts. Hawkeye blowing Chitauri to pieces, Thor rolling a taxi into a bunch and Hulk smashing them into buildings. Loki's comeuppance takes the cake. There's debate I've heard if that should have stopped Loki, but either way for I thought it was satisfying and amusing. He was just stunned really badly for a bit.

4. Thor- The final confrontation at the bifrost between Thor and Loki would be my fourth favorite. I just love the surreal imagery of the setting with the ocean and the crystalline bridge and all the celestial space-scapes both above and below. The stakes are high enough with an entire world in jeopardy and also very intimate with the sibling rivalry seemingly reaching it's penultimate moment. This one is a very contemporary super powered fantasy fight which is very different from the final battle in CA:TFA from the same year. The two scenes both contrast and complement one another for me in the overall MCU. I like this sequence very much and for the most part I found it a satisfying final confrontation.

5. Iron man 3- If were to make list the final confrontations in the Iron man trilogy this would be #2 after the fight with Stane. I know a lot of people didn't like "The Kil-andarin", and I won't argue with them about if they feel they messed that one up from the source material, but for me personally I loved the twist and how the character turned out. But that's just me. I already figured Guy Pearce was going to be a sinister villain from seeing the first trailer but the fact that they kept his role largely a totally secret till just about right before the release and honestly even though it looked like Kinsley was going to be an Awesome Mandarin, I was interested in seeing what they were going to do with Pearce's Killian. I figured more chance that Killain would meet some brutal and nasty demise than Mandarin who I figured they might go the Ra's Al Ghul or Loki route and make it ambiguous and bring him back later. I like evil business men type characters because, aside from Justin Hammer they usually really pay for their crimes, especially in James Bond type-adventure movies, which no question the Iron man films are and to a certain extent the rest of the MCU as well.

As for the actual final battle. The stakes are there with the President and later Pepper under threat of live cremation via oil tanker which implications are suitably brutal and unnerving. Burning alive in my opinion is one of the worst ways to go. This is probably a bit more epic in scope overall than the ending of the first Iron man, but at the same it's also stretched a little thin. We have Stark's army of Iron man suits coming to his aid to take out the extremis soldiers which while fun and brutal at times, The Avengers final confrontation edges this one out, but just by a hair. The actual confrontation with Killain is satisfying. A good hand to hand or is should it be hand to glove/armour? lol fight. It feels like the actual fight between Tony and Killian could have lasted just a few seconds longer but overall with everything going in the sequence already and then with Pepper finishing the job it just about evens out okay for me. Some really ouchie moments for Killian.

6. The Incredible Hulk- This one is tough for me. I don't hate or dislike this sequence at all. In fact overall I think the movie is rather brilliant in that it is both a new stand alone reboot and also in a way it does pick up kinda where the first Movie left off with Banner in South America. At the same time I just never could get into this movie the way I did with other MCU films. Not that I don't like the Hulk character, I actually like Hulk '03. I don't know what it is. I would say overall I like this movie about as much as the first Hulk. The fight with Abomination is brutal, it's long, and for the most part satisfying and very much in the style of contemporary super powered action. It's a worthy fight. No doubt about it. Maybe because it's a fight between two giant monsters, that's makes a little different from most of the other final battles which are for the most part standard. I see don't anything wrong with this sequence. It's just not a favorite for me.

7. Iron man 2- Without a doubt the weakest final battle of the Iron man trilogy and possibly the MCU. I still kinda like the ending and while and can't say I hate it or anything, it's clearly my least favorite and it's no where near as satisfying as the other two films. Part of the problem is that this time Tony and Rhodes seemed way too over-powered and Vanko and his drones were pretty easy to kill/destroy. Infact overall Vanko is a kinda weak enemy in the film, hate to say it. The final battle in the dome garden area with the Asian garden imagery evokes almost like something out of a ninja or samurai flick. There are some moments I really liked that were suitably brutal but the problem is it's all over in a flash. And then when Vanko show's up in his seemingly badass Crimson Dynamo suit with energy whips and the "ex-wife" bouncing off him like nothing I was expecting something epic like the fight against Stane from the first movie but no. They trade a couple blows, jump around a bit, then Vanko has them both on the ends of his whip, they fire repulsors and then boom... it's over. "You lose"...I don't know...to me it feels like they ran of time or money to do a longer sequence or something like that. Vanko just came across as way too weak a final villain especially after the fight Stane put up in the first film. The first fight with Whiplash in Monaco was better in my opinion, but even then the fight was practically over as soon as Tony hopped in his armor. While I still like the movie, this is clearly for me the weakest final battle and my least favorite.

seishin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:20 AM   #50
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

Avengers
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man
Captain America
Thor
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3

: Why?
The Doctor
: Because the front crashes first. Think it through.
Upset Spideyfan is offline   Reply With Quote