Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #51
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
In New York? I didn't know they were filming in NY.

I don't think she traveled for that reason. She was seen catching a flight in LAX the 22, but the 24 was her birthday, she was probably back home for that date. It's possible it was a one day trip, for me it screams work meeting.
Bryan mentioned they were filming shots in New York.

Anna caught the flight right after Comic Con. New York is not Home (she lives in Santa Monica) for Anna, her father lives in Canada and her Mom lives in New Zealand. HBO studios is out of Burbank.

This only leads me to believe that the only reason she would be in New York is to film something for Days of Future Past. Also, Bryan has been so secretive about anything Anna is filming for this movie.

Old 08-03-2013, 08:24 AM   #52
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminata View Post

Anna caught the flight right after Comic Con. New York is not Home (she lives in Santa Monica) for Anna, her father lives in Canada and her Mom lives in New Zealand. HBO studios is out of Burbank.

This only leads me to believe that the only reason she would be in New York is to film something for Days of Future Past. Also, Bryan has been so secretive about anything Anna is filming for this movie.
bryan has been secretive about everything with this movie

i think anna is done

Old 08-03-2013, 08:44 AM   #53
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:

If DOFP Is filming In new York and Anna Is there your probally right.At this point
for Anna to be away from California hints at filming for DOFP.

remmeber this Is same director who went to great lengths to hid what was going to happen to Jean Grey In X2.

Back In early 2003 they did addational shooting In London for the mansion scenes at end of X2 since Hugh Jackman was filming Van Helsing at time.

If Anna Is shooting more It could be
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
It's been hinted that Rogue has to absorb powers of injured Kitty In "present"Near future to get wolverine back.well maybe she does and actually phases Into past to get wolverine's present/near future mind back from past/

Old 08-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #54
Mars123
Side-Kick

Pray this to be true.... I know everyone would love to see Anna given more screen time s rogue! Plus I wonder if at least one xmen will go back to the past to retrieve wolfing knowing something has gone wrong with kitty??

Last edited by Mars123; 08-03-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #55
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

it does kinda question the logic of it though, wolverine has to mind time travel with help from kitty then rogue takes her powers and can somehow travel back in time and unless she is stuck in the past i still don't quite get it but hey

just have to see i gues

Old 08-03-2013, 10:22 AM   #56
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
it does kinda question the logic of it though, wolverine has to mind time travel with help from kitty then rogue takes her powers and can somehow travel back in time and unless she is stuck in the past i still don't quite get it but hey

just have to see i gues

You know you're actually onto something that I was thinking. I'm actually starting to believe that Rogue, Kitty, Storm and Wolverine get sucked in the past during the third act.

This would give Bryan the option to keep Paquin, Berry, Page and Jackman with the series moving forward. It would help him wipe the slate clean and set up new stories with the fan faves without a complete reboot.

Old 08-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #57
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
You know you're actually onto something that I was thinking. I'm actually starting to believe that Rogue, Kitty, Storm and Wolverine get sucked in the past during the third act.

This would give Bryan the option to keep Paquin, Berry, Page and Jackman with the series moving forward. It would help him wipe the slate clean and set up new stories with the fan faves without a complete reboot.
Yeah... that's not going to happen.

Old 08-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #58
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I disagree with that.You would be turning all future X_Men films Into peroid pieces.You also likely destroyed any chance for crossover with FF.Plus what about X-force? If they did what your suggesting there won't be any modern set films.

I can just Imagine the reaction if films now have wolverine,Kitty,Rogue,and Storm as X-Men before Cyclops and Jean.And neither one could be In films till they would hit the 1980's setting.

That would allow them to get around the age differences of rogue and Gambit,If Bryan Singer wants to use character,and allowes them to continue series with James Mcavoy as xavier and Michael fassbender as Magneto but it would also create a major problem
as how does Wolverine get his adamanturm now

Old 08-03-2013, 11:44 AM   #59
Mars123
Side-Kick

I must admit I do like it when time has been flexible, the not too distant future or 20/10 years ago, as you know those even happen prior to the main film.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:50 AM   #60
Loki882
Side-Kick

We don't know when FF will take place, it could be a period piece as well.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #61
Melapi
Side-Kick

Quote:

Anna new film, Free Ride, was acquired by Phase 4, and they're planning a release for this fall. Curiously the company has offices some cities in USA and her husband (which also produces FR) was in rehearsals for Chicago that week, she also has her directorial debut in works plus a production company so it's possible she had to travel for a meeting. By the way, she lived in the big apple for 6 years and sometimes she pays a visit to her old friends.

Personally I'm not sure she travelled for DOFP, but I admit it's possible, but you also have to admit she's got more than one reason to travel to NY.

Last edited by Melapi; 08-03-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #62
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Quote:
Anna new film, Free Ride, was acquired by Phase 4, and they're planning a release for this fall. Curiously the company has offices some cities in USA and her husband (which also produces FR) was in rehearsals for Chicago that week, she also has her directorial debut in works plus a production company so it's possible she had to travel for a meeting. By the way, she lived in the big apple for 6 years and sometimes she pays a visit to her old friends.

Personally I'm not sure she travelled for DOFP, but I admit it's possible, but you also have to admit she's got more than one reason to travel to NY.
Since leaving New York City in 2006 Anna has spent almost zero time in New York City. Why would she? She's a married woman with twin babies and can't just jet off to see "old friends". Whatever took her to New York City was big work related. It wouldn't be True Blood because offices of HBO would be in Burbank.

Free Ride is an indie film with little exposure and I doubt seriously a small studio like Phase 4 would waste Paquin's time for anything. Especially since it was an acquisition. Hell Focus Features (label of Universal Studios) would never waste her time that way.

Her travel to New York coincides the day after Comic Con makes me believe she and Bryan had something scheduled to do in NYC. The point that Bryan himself mentioned in a recent interview that he filmed in New York gives me pause to think that might have been Paquin's time lensing. Stewart mentioned that the actors would be flying back and for picking up pieces here and there for filming.

Moyer just played Chicago in Los Angeles (Hollywood bowl) last week I believe. Paquin was not around to attend which makes me believe she was deep in filming why else would she miss her hubby's big opening at the Bowl.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #63
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Famke lives in NY.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #64
BlackFox
Almost ninja

There are not enough Anna Paquin pictures in this thread.

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
Old 08-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #65
Melapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Since leaving New York City in 2006 Anna has spent almost zero time in New York City. Why would she? She's a married woman with twin babies and can't just jet off to see "old friends". Whatever took her to New York City was big work related. It wouldn't be True Blood because offices of HBO would be in Burbank.

Free Ride is an indie film with little exposure and I doubt seriously a small studio like Phase 4 would waste Paquin's time for anything. Especially since it was an acquisition. Hell Focus Features (label of Universal Studios) would never waste her time that way.

Her travel to New York coincides the day after Comic Con makes me believe she and Bryan had something scheduled to do in NYC. The point that Bryan himself mentioned in a recent interview that he filmed in New York gives me pause to think that might have been Paquin's time lensing. Stewart mentioned that the actors would be flying back and for picking up pieces here and there for filming.

Moyer just played Chicago in Los Angeles (Hollywood bowl) last week I believe. Paquin was not around to attend which makes me believe she was deep in filming why else would she miss her hubby's big opening at the Bowl.
1. Anna has friends in NY and had paid them visits:
http://paquinanna.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=884
Nowadays I remembered this Interview where her husband said the 23 she has been traveling for work, and that after Chicago they're leaving to their London home for a long family holidays.
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...0,718812.story

But you still have that:

2. Anna said Phase 4 and Casm Films said they're going to work together in marketing this movie:
http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/cann...pic-free-ride/

3. Phase 4 has made a multimillion deal to expand their content acquisitions and distribution pipeline and the fact that FR is going to be their first release after the new deal makes think that a meeting with one of the producers is perfectly reasonable:
http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column...xclusive-93241

4. She's a producer with a well known name in the business. She can have more projects that need a final push (Civilianaire Boys' Club, The Pin Hotel...)

5. Anna attended all Chicago performances:
http://paquinanna.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=1077
http://paquinanna.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=1075
https://twitter.com/MikeCaprio/statu...62399467053057

Basically, she took a flight the 22 and the 27 was in LA, with her first birthday as mother the 24. Her travel to NY was for 1 night, 2 at best. I still think it can mean another business meeting more than filming DOFP.

By the way, Anna lives in Venice, not Santa Monica.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #66
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Quote:
1. Anna has friends in NY and had paid them visits:
http://paquinanna.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=884

Nowadays I remembered this Interview where her husband said the 23 she has been traveling for work, and that after Chicago they're leaving to their London home for a long family holidays.
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...0,718812.story

But you still have that:

2. Anna said Phase 4 and Casm Films said they're going to work together in marketing this movie:
http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/cann...pic-free-ride/

3. Phase 4 has made a multimillion deal to expand their content acquisitions and distribution pipeline and the fact that FR is going to be their first release after the new deal makes think that a meeting with one of the producers is perfectly reasonable:
http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column...xclusive-93241

4. She's a producer with a well known name in the business. She can have more projects that need a final push (Civilianaire Boys' Club, The Pin Hotel...)

5. Anna attended all Chicago performances:
http://paquinanna.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=1077
http://paquinanna.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=1075
https://twitter.com/MikeCaprio/statu...62399467053057

Basically, she took a flight the 22 and the 27 was in LA, with her first birthday as mother the 24. Her travel to NY was for 1 night, 2 at best. I still think it can mean another business meeting more than filming DOFP.

By the way, Anna lives in Venice, not Santa Monica.
1. As I previously stated in my comment, Anna is not jetting off to NY to visit friends right now with just having given birth to her twins. Those pics are old. Reason she would be in NY would be for work that's it.

2-3 CASM is their vanity production company but like Drew Barrymore, Hugh Jackman and many others that have their production companies they are not jetting all over the place for films. It's costly and Paquin is a high profile celebrity.

If anything Business Affairs would work everything through Anna's agent and manager. Paquin wouldn't be involved in the administration or marketing. They would arrange the Q&A's, photoshoots, junkets and press themselves then notify Paquin's manager or agent who in turn would inform them of dates she can attend.

4. ??? Makes no sense.

5. Chicago opened on July 26th. I live off of Camrose right around the corner from the Bowl in Hollywood so I actually know when it opened.

Venice and Santa Monica are neighborhoods that bleed into each other. She's not living East of Lincoln like in MarVista.

Bottom line is she was in New York for work related reasons and I'm almost certain that was DOFP. It makes far too much sense for her to be obligated to leave Poppy and Charlie than just for some admin work on an indie film that she would never be involved with in the first place. It would take something very big in order to have her leave her twin babies at home.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:57 PM   #67
Melapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
1. As I previously stated in my comment, Anna is not jetting off to NY to visit friends right now with just having given birth to her twins. Those pics are old. Reason she would be in NY would be for work that's it.

2-3 CASM is their vanity production company but like Drew Barrymore, Hugh Jackman and many others that have their production companies they are not jetting all over the place for films. It's costly and Paquin is a high profile celebrity.

If anything Business Affairs would work everything through Anna's agent and manager. Paquin wouldn't be involved in the administration or marketing. They would arrange the Q&A's, photoshoots, junkets and press themselves then notify Paquin's manager or agent who in turn would inform them of dates she can attend.

4. ??? Makes no sense.

5. Chicago opened on July 26th. I live off of Camrose right around the corner from the Bowl in Hollywood so I actually know when it opened.

Venice and Santa Monica are neighborhoods that bleed into each other. She's not living East of Lincoln like in MarVista.

Bottom line is she was in New York for work related reasons and I'm almost certain that was DOFP. It makes far too much sense for her to be obligated to leave Poppy and Charlie than just for some admin work on an indie film that she would never be involved with in the first place. It would take something very big in order to have her leave her twin babies at home.
OMG!!! Get it or not, wathever you want. My point is that she has several projects as an actress and a producer (4) that can make her travel to NYC for a meeting and that just her name and contacts can help them. It's not that dificult to understand

As I can see you don't understand the diference between an actor and a producer I'm going to help you with the producers responsibilities :
Quote:
Preproduction: Find material from a book or script. Get the script into good enough shape to attract a director (and studio, if this is not a studio-initiated production). Secure financing for the film, if it is not being made for a studio. Choose the director and other parts of the creative team. Cast the actors, working with the director. Determine locations and budget. Decide on cinematographer and special effects. Hire a production team including crew and producers. Develop a shooting schedule. Create a detailed plan of action for production.
Production:Offer creative suggestions to the director. Handle problems with actors or creative staff. Monitor production timetable and budget. Review video dailies, the film shot each day.
Postproduction: Discuss order and selection of scenes with the director. Review the fine cut of the film after it is edited. In some cases, polish, revise and restructure the film to create the final cut. Work with a distributor to secure distribution for the film. This may include showing the distributors the final cut of the film. Review the distributor's advertising campaign for the film.
It's not a job made through agent and managers, they have to attend many business mettings, and sometimes fligth to another city.

This is ridiculous. I tried to clear some things you wrote and you answer me back... a total nonsense. Chicago dates??? You said she was in NYC filming and I proved she was in LA. By the way,I know where is Venice and Santa Monica, but she's still living in Venice LOL

This is the third time I'm saying this, and I won't said it again. In a travel as short as this I think it's more apropiate to say she traveled for a business meeting than a filming day, but I won't deny the DOFP option.

Old 08-03-2013, 10:29 PM   #68
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Quote:
OMG!!! Get it or not, wathever you want. My point is that she has several projects as an actress and a producer (4) that can make her travel to NYC for a meeting and that just her name and contacts can help them. It's not that dificult to understand

As I can see you don't understand the diference between an actor and a producer I'm going to help you with the producers responsibilities :

It's not a job made through agent and managers, they have to attend many business mettings, and sometimes fligth to another city.
I think you are confused about Paquin&Moyer's production company. It's is a vanity Production house. Similar to how Sandler, Jackman, Barrymore and countless other celebs open production houses for special projects and tax purposes.

She would not be the same type of producer as Ralph Winter or Tom DeSanto. Anna would not even touch most of the production admin work as that would be handled by her development partner they employ. Similar to Jackman's David Palermo.

Quote:
This is ridiculous. I tried to clear some things you wrote and you answer me back... a total nonsense. Chicago dates??? You said she was in NYC filming and I proved she was in LA. By the way,I know where is Venice and Santa Monica, but she's still living in Venice LOL

This is the third time I'm saying this, and I won't said it again. In a travel as short as this I think it's more apropiate to say she traveled for a business meeting than a filming day, but I won't deny the DOFP option.
Anna was not at the Hollywood bowl on July 26th (first night it opened). In the photos you showed she was there on the 27th onward.

In the short time she traveled to New York it seems more than likely she was lensing there for DOFP as that would be the biggest obligation outside of True Blood. Makes tons of sense that she would be there to pick up filming for a few days to wrap up whatever she had to do. As Bryan is almost done with filming.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #69
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Hmm I wonder when will Singer tweet a picture of Rogue. Maybe when he's already editing the film with John Ottman or if there's an additional filming or reshoots.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 08-04-2013, 03:34 AM   #70
Mars123
Side-Kick

She has been kept under wraps the most I feel! Literally... Remember when she described having to lock her script in a locked safe?l!

Old 08-04-2013, 05:01 AM   #71
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Loved Anna as Rogue, can't wait to see her again

Old 08-04-2013, 05:42 AM   #72
Melapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Quote:
Anna was not at the Hollywood bowl on July 26th (first night it opened). In the photos you showed she was there on the 27th onward.
I posted this before and I post it again: Anna Paquin And Stephen Moyer Pose With A Fan At Opening Night Of Chicago http://paquinanna.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=1075
She was there, not in NY like you said. And I bet she was in LA the 24.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #73
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Quote:
I posted this before and I post it again: Anna Paquin And Stephen Moyer Pose With A Fan At Opening Night Of Chicago http://paquinanna.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=1075
She was there, not in NY like you said. And I bet she was in LA the 24.

You answered your own question with the gallery.

The album dates all the photos. Paquin was there on July 27th (per your source) but she was not there for the first show on July 26th, her hubby's first show. No photos of her there on that first night.

That calls into question why would she have missed Moyer's opening show unless it was something very big.

Last edited by Illuminata; 08-04-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:26 AM   #74
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Hmm I wonder when will Singer tweet a picture of Rogue. Maybe when he's already editing the film with John Ottman or if there's an additional filming or reshoots.
WOW! I didn't know Ottman was returning! That's great news. I liked his X2 soundtrack although I do have to say Powell's "Last Stand" soundtrack is my favorite. oops!

Old 08-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #75
Mars123
Side-Kick

Quote:
WOW! I didn't know Ottman was returning! That's great news. I liked his X2 soundtrack although I do have to say Powell's "Last Stand" soundtrack is my favorite. oops!
Actually I have to say the soundtrack in TLS is pretty epic, dramatic, brings out emotion. I really like it but I have faith in in Ottoman!

Closed Thread