The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2013, 12:45 AM   #51
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,416
Default Re: Say something positive about The Last Stand

^They were only six - Wolverine, Storm, Iceman, Shadowcat, Beast and Colossus.

Prof X and Cyclops died, Jean went to the dark side, Rogue went to the cure facility and Angel was never one of the X-Men.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | JEAN GREY | PORTRAYED BY FAMKE JANNSEN
"All kind of things." - X1
"This is the only way" - X2
"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #52
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11,444
Default Re: Say something positive about The Last Stand

Sorry about that, I miscounted. Still doesn't change the fact that there was an entire school full of mutants that could have helped out.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:00 PM   #53
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,416
Default Re: Say something positive about The Last Stand

Yeah but I doubt they would let those inexperienced students (in battle) to sacrifice their lives. Most mutants came at the Xavier Institute to have an easier life, to study and not to join an army of mutants.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | JEAN GREY | PORTRAYED BY FAMKE JANNSEN
"All kind of things." - X1
"This is the only way" - X2
"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:07 AM   #54
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11,444
Default Re: Say something positive about The Last Stand

Then call the movie something other than The Last Stand, because it wasn't (X2 was more of a last stand than X3).

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #55
The Englishman
Marching On Together
 
The Englishman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leeds , England
Posts: 5,227
Default Re: Say something positive about The Last Stand

Cyclops biker jacket looked nice.....

__________________
"But James I need you." "So does England!"

"For England James?" "No......For me"

"The things i do for England."
The Englishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:21 PM   #56
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,416
Default Re: Say something positive about The Last Stand

I agree!

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | JEAN GREY | PORTRAYED BY FAMKE JANNSEN
"All kind of things." - X1
"This is the only way" - X2
"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:14 PM   #57
Drizzle
Yo Soy Groot.
 
Drizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Moon
Posts: 10,730
Default Re: Say something positive about The Last Stand

I will say that even though it is in no way a better film, I find X3 to be more entertaining than the first film. And it also had the best score out of all the X-films so far.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Drizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #58
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,416
Default Re: Say something positive about The Last Stand

I agree with X3 being more entertaining than X1!

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | JEAN GREY | PORTRAYED BY FAMKE JANNSEN
"All kind of things." - X1
"This is the only way" - X2
"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:52 AM   #59
CyclopsWasRight
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,368
Default Re: Say something positive about The Last Stand

Charles Death was handled well and had great emotion.

Magneto abandonning Mystique was such a cool heartless moment.

Beast was great

CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #60
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,895
Default Re: Say something positive about The Last Stand

I disagree with last Stand being more enterting than X-Men.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #61
Senator Pleasury
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,846
Default Re: Say something positive about The Last Stand

I can say that I saw the movie last night again and it was even better than I remembered.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #62
The Guard
Side-Kick
 
The Guard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 26,126
Default Re: Say something positive about The Last Stand

It's a pretty good movie. A lot to like about it.

__________________
Writer and Lyricist of GOTHAM'S KNIGHT: THE BATMAN MUSICAL

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #63
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 11,770
Default Re: Say something positive about The Last Stand

Something positive... hmm...

The Last Stand... is... a... movie...

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow_22 View Post
Look for reports of mysterious heroism in the next 6 years. Then check back on this thread
Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #64
Crimz
Side-Kick
 
Crimz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 409
Default Re: Say something positive about The Last Stand

It ended.

Crimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #65
Shpati
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 267
Default Re: Say something positive about The Last Stand

Beast!

Honestly one of my favorites in this franchise.

__________________
Shpati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:45 AM   #66
Senator Pleasury
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,846
Default Re: Say something positive about The Last Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
It ended.
Something that X2 just wouldn't do.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:55 AM   #67
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,635
Default Re: Say something positive about The Last Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
Something that X2 just wouldn't do.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #68
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,352
Default Re: Say something positive about The Last Stand

It helps put other superhero films in perspective?

hopefuldreamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:13 AM   #69
Binker
Side-Kick
 
Binker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 5,350
Default Re: Say something positive about The Last Stand

X3: a flawed good movie. A story that felt like everything was getting done, and everything from X1 and X2 became the ultimate test for all of the characters in X3. Epic because of the fights; taking chances because characters were being killed off; and relatable for some, if not all of us when we are asked if we would take the cure ourselves to become like everyone else, or be different from them. Kelsey Grammar as Beast, and Ellen Page as Kitty were great casting (as evidence with Page's return in DOFP).

Sure Ratner screwed up in keeping some of the wrong scenes and versions of scenes in the movie, and leaving what we all agree to be the better versions of those scenes deleted from the final product. Sure, it's sad that even if the story was sorta a subplot; Phoenix being a split personaloty is a far cry from the Singer and Vaughn's versions where she wasn't, and was something more akin to as if she was the next evolution of mutant, almost. But it could've been worst, and The Wolverine and DOFP have kept X3 as canon. It's flawed, and for me it depends on my feelings of the day and time on whether its okay or good, but overall; it's not as bad as many people think it is. In fact, it's what I said above: a flawed good movie, and conclusion to the X-Men trilogy.

Binker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:10 AM   #70
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,109
Default Re: Say something positive about The Last Stand

beast was the only good thing about X3, but i personally feel they didn't do anything cool with him, in the big battle scene at the end basically it was just alot of quick cuts, they could have done better then that

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #71
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,416
Default Re: Say something positive about The Last Stand

Beast was the best addition in X3!

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | JEAN GREY | PORTRAYED BY FAMKE JANNSEN
"All kind of things." - X1
"This is the only way" - X2
"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:41 PM   #72
Tehmeh
Everybody likes bewbs
 
Tehmeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,051
Default Re: Say something positive about The Last Stand

Something positive. Let's see.

1) Kelsey Grammer. Love his presence, amazing.
2) Ellen Page's Kitty didn't suck.
3) Cyclops firing at the lake.
4) Jean removing the thick metal door.
5) Magneto telling Pyro to STFU about Xavier.
6) Iceman in his full form.
7) "Hello, Moira"

I could make a short clip out of those and pretend the rest didn't happen. But I won't, because I'm lazy.

Tehmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:34 AM   #73
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,635
Default Re: Say something positive about The Last Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
X3: a flawed good movie. A story that felt like everything was getting done, and everything from X1 and X2 became the ultimate test for all of the characters in X3. Epic because of the fights; taking chances because characters were being killed off; and relatable for some, if not all of us when we are asked if we would take the cure ourselves to become like everyone else, or be different from them. Kelsey Grammar as Beast, and Ellen Page as Kitty were great casting (as evidence with Page's return in DOFP).

Sure Ratner screwed up in keeping some of the wrong scenes and versions of scenes in the movie, and leaving what we all agree to be the better versions of those scenes deleted from the final product. Sure, it's sad that even if the story was sorta a subplot; Phoenix being a split personaloty is a far cry from the Singer and Vaughn's versions where she wasn't, and was something more akin to as if she was the next evolution of mutant, almost. But it could've been worst, and The Wolverine and DOFP have kept X3 as canon. It's flawed, and for me it depends on my feelings of the day and time on whether its okay or good, but overall; it's not as bad as many people think it is. In fact, it's what I said above: a flawed good movie, and conclusion to the X-Men trilogy.
Bold is the only thing I disagree with.

I much prefer the decision to make Phoenix a split personality from Jean, than some kind of cosmic goddess or next evolution.

Wasn't developed enough, but it was a much preferred direction.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #74
Senator Pleasury
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,846
Default Re: Say something positive about The Last Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Bold is the only thing I disagree with.

I much prefer the decision to make Phoenix a split personality from Jean, than some kind of cosmic goddess or next evolution.

Wasn't developed enough, but it was a much preferred direction.
I agree.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:19 AM   #75
The Guard
Side-Kick
 
The Guard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 26,126
Default Re: Say something positive about The Last Stand

Yup.

__________________
Writer and Lyricist of GOTHAM'S KNIGHT: THE BATMAN MUSICAL

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.