The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man

Old 07-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #201
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Default Re: Ultron

So Pym isn't creating Ultron in the films from the sound of things.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #202
an_ewok
Side-Kick

I figured as much. Knew it wasn't an accident that Iron Man's helmet morphed into Ultron's face from the description of the teaser.

an_ewok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #203
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
So Pym isn't creating Ultron in the films from the sound of things.
I'm still sad about this. Seems like a missed opportunity to inform a huge aspect of both characters to completely write out their relationship to each other. I am less excited (still excited, just less so) in this movie as a result.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #204
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

That story arc won't work since we haven't been introduced to Pym as a character. You have to know the character first to know about the story arc.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful. Everyone screaming, for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings.......strings....... but now I'm free. There are no strings on me."

- Ultron V
Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #205
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Not only that, it won't work because he has to be an Avengers first. You can't have Ultron created from someone outside of the Avengers, the character loses its essence then.

Hank Pym won't have the same characters arcs in the movies that he did in the comics, but I think Wright will keep the essence of the character in his story. It's not so much about what hero Hank Pym is or whether he created Ultron, it's about a guy who tries/tried to be a hero and failed. Pym isn't tied to any one iconic persona so they can work around with him. The Ant-Man mantle isn't sacred like Spider-Man.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:07 PM   #206
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Not only that, it won't work because he has to be an Avengers first. You can't have Ultron created from someone outside of the Avengers, the character loses its essence then.

Hank Pym won't have the same characters arcs in the movies that he did in the comics, but I think Wright will keep the essence of the character in his story. It's not so much about what hero Hank Pym is or whether he created Ultron, it's about a guy who tries/tried to be a hero and failed. Pym isn't tied to any one iconic persona so they can work around with him. The Ant-Man mantle isn't sacred like Spider-Man.
That is a little ridiculous. Changing his creator doesn't do away with his essence, but making a non-Avenger his creator would?

Old 07-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #207
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Yes, the point of the villain is that it's an Avengers creation. He represents their mistakes and failure. It's a problem the Avengers create. That's why Joss is using Ultron. His creator doesn't matter, it's what he represents that does.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #208
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
That is a little ridiculous. Changing his creator doesn't do away with his essence, but making a non-Avenger his creator would?
i think what he's saying is that you all Ultron needs is a creator to fixate on. the identity of the creator is unimportant; given that it's a founding Avenger. Tony and Pepper's relationship (which didn't really exist in the books prior to the movies) isn't that different from Hank and Janet's. and i could easily see Stark, feeling his own mortality, attempting to create something to protect humanity/handle the Avengers, should the situation require it. he's pragmatic and sometimes lacks empathy. and he has had a breakdown like Pym, as of Iron Man 3.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #209
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Todd View Post
I always thought Alan Rickman's voice would be good for Ultron.
at this rate, it will probably be Paul Bettany.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:48 PM   #210
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Pym is in this movie. There will be some relation

Old 07-24-2013, 12:23 AM   #211
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:

True.

And as Whedon specifically said, this is the origin of Ultron.

And by the sounds of that, we could see him back in a future film, and perhaps Hank can be tied in to his story in then.

Perhaps he could try to repurpose him later as "Ultron Mk II", but it ends uo making him more dangerous and unstoppable.

SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:26 AM   #212
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Pym is in this movie. There will be some relation
Pym will, for sure, have some connection to him in the future, but he won't be his creator. And I'm fine with that.

I'm actually a big fan of the idea that Ultron is a Skynet type AI in this film, only to become gain a physical form later, due to Hank.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:28 AM   #213
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Yes, the point of the villain is that it's an Avengers creation. He represents their mistakes and failure. It's a problem the Avengers create. That's why Joss is using Ultron. His creator doesn't matter, it's what he represents that does.
This.

And Like I said, HanK can definitely establish a connection to him later.

Again, perhaps he rewrites Ultron based off his brain patterns, and tries to repurpose him, only for it to go horribly, horribly wrong.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #214
BenKenobi
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
i think what he's saying is that you all Ultron needs is a creator to fixate on. the identity of the creator is unimportant; given that it's a founding Avenger. Tony and Pepper's relationship (which didn't really exist in the books prior to the movies) isn't that different from Hank and Janet's. and i could easily see Stark, feeling his own mortality, attempting to create something to protect humanity/handle the Avengers, should the situation require it. he's pragmatic and sometimes lacks empathy. and he has had a breakdown like Pym, as of Iron Man 3.
Not to mention the army of suits he created, I wouldn't be surprised if a big plot point is that he's no longer Iron Man but his suits are still active in the world doing his work. Maybe even have a sinister JARVIS AI?

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:11 AM   #215
Silvermoth
Avenger

It's a shame wrights Ultron won't be in the any man movie. If it was half as good as the blanks in the worlds end we would have been in for a treat.

Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:01 AM   #216
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
It's a shame wrights Ultron won't be in the any man movie. If it was half as good as the blanks in the worlds end we would have been in for a treat.

There has never been any indication that Wright planned to use Ultron. He's probably got Egghead or the Porcupine lined up as the villain.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #217
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
See, I get what all the articles say, but I really don't get how people get that as a conclusion. Wright was asked if Ultron was ever part of his script, and his response is "I can't really talk about that, ummm.....I'll say no. No he wasn't." He was not a part of wright's script before. However, his hesitance, and what he responded, hell, in my eyes that interview supports there being ultron opposed to there not being

Old 08-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #218
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Thry've basically taken away the one key thing Antman has done. What has he got to offer now?

CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:54 PM   #219
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidwarrior View Post
Thry've basically taken away the one key thing Antman has done.
being one of the founding members of the team? it already happened. the world hasn't ended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidwarrior View Post
What has he got to offer now?
Pym: creating pym particles

Lang: saving his daughter.

Last edited by Ant-manic; 08-05-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:06 PM   #220
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
See, I get what all the articles say, but I really don't get how people get that as a conclusion. Wright was asked if Ultron was ever part of his script, and his response is "I can't really talk about that, ummm.....I'll say no. No he wasn't." He was not a part of wright's script before. However, his hesitance, and what he responded, hell, in my eyes that interview supports there being ultron opposed to there not being
he might be hesitant because he's talking about a character that Whedon is using. but he realized that telling the truth about Ultron's non-involvement in 'Ant-Man' wasn't crossing the line.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:18 AM   #221
BenKenobi
Banned User

Quote:
Whedon isn't the boss at Marvel, he doesn't call the shots or draft the stories. The "Godfather" so to speak is Kevin Feige, he's president and head producer. There's no reason to believe Ultron was in Wrights script what so ever. He's talked about the story being inspired by "To Steal an Ant-Man" and described it as a heavy origin story similar to 2008's Iron Man. I think his hesitation comes from the fact he's not allowed to talk about anything.

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #222
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Now that Paul Rudd has been cast, do you think they will include Hank Pym in Age of Ultron?

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:12 PM   #223
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistsean View Post
Now that Paul Rudd has been cast, do you think they will include Hank Pym in Age of Ultron?
Not unless Joss, Wright, and Feige have been sandbagging/outright lying this whole time.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:22 PM   #224
Ant-manic
Banned User

a post-credits appearance wouldn't be unbelievable.

as an aside, i wonder who is in the costume above? is that just some random person posing for the shot? was it Rudd?

Old 12-27-2013, 07:53 AM   #225
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistsean View Post
Like cherokeesam said unless the Marvel guys have been outright lying like they did with the Mandarin (and I don't see why they would) he probably isn't in the film in any major way.

I still wouldn't be surprised if there was a after credit scene or unannounced minor cameo like Hawkeye in Thor, Tony Stark in the Incredible Hulk or
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Captain America
in Thor The Dark World.