The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #76
Melapi
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

I don't know why in the fan page they posted that date, but the dude posted in his twitter account it was the opening night:
https://twitter.com/aliiscoollike/st...926016/photo/1
I think he knows which day he attended the show. She was spotted there the first night LOL

Old 08-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #77
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
I don't know why in the fan page they posted that date, but the dude posted in his twitter account it was the opening night:
https://twitter.com/aliiscoollike/st...926016/photo/1
I think he knows which day he attended the show. She was spotted there the first night LOL

He posted that on his twitter on the 28th as it's time stamped at 9am of that day. So that means the picture was taken on the 27th. The Gallery owner was right. Don't take the opening night too literal because that weekend was considered OPENING WEEKEND of the show. That being said....Paquin WAS NOT THERE ON THE 26TH for the first show.

Old 08-04-2013, 01:07 PM   #78
Melapi
Side-Kick

HE. WROTE. OPENING. NIGHT. It's not me saying this, somebody else spotted her in LA for the first show. At this point it's you against him. Go to have an argument with him. I'm done. LOL

Old 08-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #79
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
HE. WROTE. OPENING. NIGHT. It's not me saying this, somebody else spotted her in LA for the first show. At this point it's you against him. Go to have an argument with him. I'm done. LOL
No argument. Facts are facts. He was there as noted on the gallery the 27th, his date on the twitter is only the 28th (in the morning) which would make sense he tweeted the next day and no photos of Paquin on the 26th.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #80
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars123 View Post
Remember when she described having to lock her script in a locked safe?l!
I think everybody was told to keep the script safe and sound.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 08-05-2013, 04:20 AM   #81
Mars123
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I think everybody was told to keep the script safe and sound.
Haha I think this is the extent of what we know a bout Anna's role..... At night she put her script in a safe lol. What did she do in the day.....lol

Old 08-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #82
Loki882
Side-Kick

Some directors are obsessed with secrecy on their films. Christopher Nolan and JJ Abrams are two of these. I am not sure if Singer is like that as well.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:55 AM   #83
Mars123
Side-Kick

He definetly goes to the limits.... Like having famke in that president office scene in x2. It was to make us think she lives! Throws us of scent.

Old 08-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #84
Nightmare
"Kill Them All"

She was in that scene?

"After they killed me, I became something much, much worse. The stuff nightmares are made of. The children still feared me, and their fear gave me the power to invade their dreams, and that's when the fun REALLY began"
Old 08-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #85
Mars123
Side-Kick

No she wasn't but through promo photos it suggested she was

Old 08-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #86
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
She was in that scene?

In the original cut Nightcrawler saves Jean from the tidal wave.

Also, in the original X2, Jean becomes blind and some of those scenes stayed in the final cut. You will notice after Cyclops/Phoenix fight Jean never looks Scott in the eyes, she appears to be blind because she actually was until Bryan decided to change her fate at the last moment.

So I believe Jean was supposed to be (and probably was) in the President Scene as two endings were shot. Also remember Gambit, Angel, and Siryn/Jubilee scenes were cut and to this day has never been seen but were screened at Wizard Con and some others back during X2.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #87
darkangel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminata View Post

Also, in the original X2, Jean becomes blind and some of those scenes stayed in the final cut. You will notice after Cyclops/Phoenix fight Jean never looks Scott in the eyes, she appears to be blind because she actually was until Bryan decided to change her fate at the last moment.

So I believe Jean was supposed to be (and probably was) in the President Scene as two endings were shot. Also remember Gambit, Angel, and Siryn/Jubilee scenes were cut and to this day has never been seen but were screened at Wizard Con and some others back during X2.
WOW, I didn't know all this stuff.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #88
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
WOW, I didn't know all this stuff.
I think it's Bryan Singer's commentary in the X2 DVD set. If I'm not mistaken. It's been so long ago that I think that's where I picked up all that info. He also wanted to do Beast transformation as a direct result of Dark Cerebro but for budget purposes he could never get it off the ground.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:50 PM   #89
Farren
Side Kicker

IIRC Singer flat out lied about who the father of the kid was in Superman Returns too. (but don't hold me to that).

Also, I remember Cyke had a new visor for the X3 promo materials, but we never saw him wear it in the film. (That wasn't Singer's doing though).

Old 08-05-2013, 07:52 PM   #90
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

It kills me that Gambit appeared in X2 and we never saw it. And that he was going to be in Singers version of X3 and even be in the proper X3 but his role got cut from the script.

He was meant to be in Rogue's timeline but instead they put him in Origins which complicates them meeting in future sequels. Though I think they will because it was Singers intention that Gambit would inhabit her world.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #91
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
It kills me that Gambit appeared in X2 and we never saw it. And that he was going to be in Singers version of X3 and even be in the proper X3 but his role got cut from the script.

He was meant to be in Rogue's timeline but instead they put him in Origins which complicates them meeting in future sequels. Though I think they will because it was Singers intention that Gambit would inhabit her world.
If Marie gets sucked into the time warp vortex she could very well end up in Gambit's circle. I have a feeling that might wind up happening for some reason or another.

Not only would they be able to catch the ROMY effect but also do the Magneto/Rogue relationship which is all very possible if she winds up in the timeline. I could see that being a possibility.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:59 PM   #92
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
If Marie gets sucked into the time warp vortex she could very well end up in Gambit's circle. I have a feeling that might wind up happening for some reason or another.

Not only would they be able to catch the ROMY effect but also do the Magneto/Rogue relationship which is all very possible if she winds up in the timeline. I could see that being a possibility.
Rogue can't time travel. It's being done by a mind swap and she has no younger mind to swap with. I think they'll just find another way to rewrite Origins and have Gambit be younger than he would be. Or not age normally so he looks younger.

Old 08-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #93
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
Rogue can't time travel. It's being done by a mind swap and she has no younger mind to swap with. I think they'll just find another way to rewrite Origins and have Gambit be younger than he would be. Or not age normally so he looks younger.
Will be interesting how the Mind Travel will happen and I don't think they can do a Young Gambit anymore considering Rogue (especially Anna Paquin being 31 years old) is much older. Seems that Bobby is also portrayed older in DOFP.

I know Bryan mentioned something they would like to do is have the OT cast intermingle with the FC Cast in future films so I think they much have something in mind in order to make that happen.

Old 08-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #94
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Will be interesting how the Mind Travel will happen and I don't think they can do a Young Gambit anymore considering Rogue (especially Anna Paquin being 31 years old) is much older. Seems that Bobby is also portrayed older in DOFP.

I know Bryan mentioned something they would like to do is have the OT cast intermingle with the FC Cast in future films so I think they much have something in mind in order to make that happen.
I have no clue how Kitty and then supposedly Rogue send and bring Wolverine's mind back and forth. It will be interesting once we know how.

Gambit still needs to look in his 30's for Rogue in a future film as she will be around that age herself by then. Her and Iceman etc must be about 27/28 in DOFP.

I think only Wolverine and Professor X will intermingle with the FC characters. Though I could be wrong.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:48 PM   #95
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:

Wow I have never heard of that!

Any more information about the scenes for Gambit, Angel and Jubilee?

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 08-05-2013, 11:23 PM   #96
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Actually the President scene wasn't even supposed to be in the film either. Fox urged Singer to change it so the ending wouldn't be so ominous after Jean's death scene with the government declaring war on the mutants in the original script. So they changed it to him being persuaded to "make a choice" about the "mutant problem" thus giving the ending a bit more hope at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 08-06-2013, 04:37 AM   #97
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Wow I have never heard of that!

Any more information about the scenes for Gambit, Angel and Jubilee?
I can't remember the others, but Gambits scene was while Professor X was on Cerebro. You saw Gambit blow up a table. It was only a quick cameo.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:42 AM   #98
Mystique's Leg
Side-Kick

I'm not counting on it that she did some work for DOFP on such a short time in NY.

The one thing I'm hoping for the most is that her attitude has changed over the years, to show some development. She should be more confident like she was starting to get in X2 (before it was crushed in X3).

Hoping for flight and super-strength may get me disappointed, so I won't get my hopes up. I just want her to have a pivotal role (doesn't matter how much screentime) in pivotal scenes.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #99
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

this film feels like alot of characters will have minimal screen time

Old 08-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #100
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique's Leg View Post
I'm not counting on it that she did some work for DOFP on such a short time in NY.

The one thing I'm hoping for the most is that her attitude has changed over the years, to show some development. She should be more confident like she was starting to get in X2 (before it was crushed in X3).

Hoping for flight and super-strength may get me disappointed, so I won't get my hopes up. I just want her to have a pivotal role (doesn't matter how much screentime) in pivotal scenes.
If she's still moping over Iceman her attitude hasn't changed

I hope that report of the footage is wrong or it's misleading. I do not want the same old romantic crap from 10 years earlier.

Closed Thread