The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 08-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #51
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: First Class 3 or X-Men 5?

Considering how FC and TW largely corrected the mistakes of X3 and OW, I'd say that the franchise is getting better, not running out of steam. Bring on X-Force. All of the other major reboots have been because the previous movie sucked (Spider Man 3, that godawful George Clooney movie, etc).

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:59 PM   #52
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

I think there should be one more OT cast movie, and 1 or 2 more FC cast movies, ending with storm cyclops and jean as part of the team for the majority of a movie.

I say sinister should be the villain in the FC sequel with cyclops and jean, who escapes and goes off the radar. then have him return in x5 as a supporting villain reviving Apocalypse in the beginning. Hopefully with cyclops back in that one as well.

4) The Dark Knight Rises 5) The Incredible Hulk 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
7)X-Men:Days of Future Past 8) X-Men:First Class 9) Thor 10) Spider-Man 2
scatterax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:00 PM   #53
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

And if x-force doesn't feature dead pool the way first class featured magneto he should get his spin off.

4) The Dark Knight Rises 5) The Incredible Hulk 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
7)X-Men:Days of Future Past 8) X-Men:First Class 9) Thor 10) Spider-Man 2
scatterax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:04 PM   #54
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Considering how FC and TW largely corrected the mistakes of X3 and OW, I'd say that the franchise is getting better, not running out of steam. Bring on X-Force. All of the other major reboots have been because the previous movie sucked (Spider Man 3, that godawful George Clooney movie, etc).
From the quality of the last two movies they are not running out of steam.

But box-office, the audience fatigue is showing. Good thing, we have DOFP that's been trending a lot.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:07 PM   #55
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpati View Post
2025 is too long. Lot of the hardcore x men fans will have died of old age by then.
Hmm not really. If they do the 3 year gap, thats just 4 films after DOFP with the 4th film hitting in 2024.

If they do the 2 year gap, its just 5 films with the 5th film hitting in 2025.

Anyway, 2025 is my just ideal year to end this current series. With the reboot happening in the late 2020s or in the early 2030s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
I always thought DoFP was kind of a way to say goodbye to the old cast, a nice little send-off to go out on a high.

I could be totally wrong and they plan an X5 all along but thats just the way I saw it.
I just don't see this. They waited 8 years to bring them back only to give them their send-off movie? And as if the FC cast earned so much money than the OT at the box-office that the OT cast needs to be replaced.

FOX would be stupid not to bring the cast for another film after DOFP.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 08-06-2013 at 12:03 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:26 PM   #56
CB Fan
The Watcher

Both

But if I must choose one X5

The original cast looks great but they aren't getting any younger so lets give em one more movie then its time to replace them including Hugh. A reboot will happen if the spin offs don't make money.

CB Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:42 PM   #57
Loki882
Side-Kick

Do Patrick Stewart, Ellen Page, or Famke Jenssen even age? Seriously, Stewart looks the same as he did in TNG, Page looks the same as she did in Juno, and Famke looks like she hasn't aged at all since Goldeneye. What is up with them?

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:46 PM   #58
H.U.S.T.L.E.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Fan View Post
The original cast looks great but they aren't getting any younger so lets give em one more movie then its time to replace them including Hugh.
^This.

I also think all this "Oh the OT cast is back!" is misleading - really, people are getting excited over Anna Paquin, Halle Berry, Shawn Ashmore & Ellen Page? The draws (other than Jackman) are Patrick Stewart & Ian McKellan, who are 73 & 74 respectively - that's getting up there in age.

So really, the 3 most important characters from the first 3 films are probably not going to be around this franchise for too much longer - so unless you're banking on the other bunch of solid actors (but none with A-list potential) from the OT, then I think there's a good chance DOFP is the last time we see those roles reprised.

H.U.S.T.L.E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #59
CB Fan
The Watcher

Take a look at all the X-men trilogy posters Halle was and is definitely a draw so I don't agree with you there, and if this film does correct some issues you can bet Jean and Scott have a high chance of showing up in the next film.

CB Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:06 AM   #60
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.U.S.T.L.E. View Post
people are getting excited over Anna Paquin, Halle Berry, Shawn Ashmore & Ellen Page?
Actually this board went crazy when those four were announced. And there's so much potential with those four especially with Storm, iceman and Rogue. They could be more visually appealing than Professor X, Magneto, Mystique and Beast. Halle Berry is still a press favorite and she can still draw a lot of people.

Old 08-06-2013, 12:33 AM   #61
H.U.S.T.L.E.
Side-Kick

Well I'm not denying the fact that Halle Berry was a draw, but I'm not sure she is any longer. I had to look up her IMDB to see what she'd even been in since X3.

And as far as this board going crazy over the rest of the cast, we don't represent the entire target audience of these movies. If you think that Anna Paquin, Halle Berry, Shawn Ashmore or Ellen Page could carry a blockbuster movie then I want some of what you people are taking. I didn't ever say their character's powers weren't cool - I said that as actors, they won't be bringing masses of people to the theaters (which is what you seem to care about, as it's practically the crux of every argument you make psylockolussus). There's a huge difference.

Old 08-06-2013, 12:41 AM   #62
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Well last time I checked, majority of the GA who watched First Class didn't watch the movie just to see Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult and James McAvoy.

The current line-up of the modern-day X-Men is still more appealing. You have Wolverine, Storm, Iceman, Rogue, Shadowcat, Colossus, the Professor X that looks like Professor X and the more popular version of Magneto. And unlike with FC, it won't be an issue if they recruit lesser known characters such as Bishop.

Old 08-06-2013, 05:58 AM   #63
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

The only aging actors that concern me are McKellen and Stewart. While it would be a big loss to see these guys leave, they've both put in the hours already and are not the be all and end all of this franchise. There are other villains, and the X-Men can continue without Professor X. We even have younger incarnations of these characters, played by a pair of great actors.

Hugh Jackman's time as Wolverine may be winding down, but he still sounds pretty enthused about the character so we really don't know what will happen. Halle and Famke have both appeared to be very interested in reprising their roles. These people may be a little older than the average action stars by now, but it's hardly a dire situation. They no doubt look better than any of us will in our 40's lol.

It really comes down to Stewart and McKellen, but despite my love for both, I have to ask: Are two old guys really such a big draw to this franchise?

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:20 AM   #64
H.U.S.T.L.E.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
The only aging actors that concern me are McKellen and Stewart. While it would be a big loss to see these guys leave, they've both put in the hours already and are not the be all and end all of this franchise. There are other villains, and the X-Men can continue without Professor X. We even have younger incarnations of these characters, played by a pair of great actors.

Hugh Jackman's time as Wolverine may be winding down, but he still sounds pretty enthused about the character so we really don't know what will happen. Halle and Famke have both appeared to be very interested in reprising their roles. These people may be a little older than the average action stars by now, but it's hardly a dire situation. They no doubt look better than any of us will in our 40's lol.

It really comes down to Stewart and McKellen, but despite my love for both, I have to ask: Are two old guys really such a big draw to this franchise?
This gets to more of the point I was trying to make, but got sidetracked - so much of the talk of continuing the franchise here revolves around using the cast of FC vs. the cast of OT. Stewart & McKellen are a huge part of the success of the OT, so any argument that favors the OT cast has to include the question, "Does Fox think making films with the OT cast minus Stewart & McKellan make sense?" Because let's be real, how many more X-Men films can we expect from those two?

Personally, I don't think it does. Part of the fun in bringing back the OT cast for DOFP is that it involves most of the important players. Without Stewart & McKellan, you lose two of the three most important actors from that cast (and that's assuming Jackman continues making these movies for a while).

That was my point about Anna Paquin, Halle Berry, Shawn Ashmore & Ellen Page - while they are all solid actors & have characters with fun powers, are they enough to carry a franchise without Xavier & Magneto played by Stewart & McKellan? Even if Jackman, Marsden & Jansen return, you're missing a huge piece of what ignited the franchise and any film involving that cast without the two elder statesmen will feel incomplete IMO. That was the point I was trying to make in the first place.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:23 AM   #65
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Well last time I checked, majority of the GA who watched First Class didn't watch the movie just to see Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult and James McAvoy.

The current line-up of the modern-day X-Men is still more appealing. You have Wolverine, Storm, Iceman, Rogue, Shadowcat, Colossus, the Professor X that looks like Professor X and the more popular version of Magneto. And unlike with FC, it won't be an issue if they recruit lesser known characters such as Bishop.
Give it a rest

Old 08-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #66
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Lawrence, Fassbender, Hoult and McAvoy are far more popular now than when First Class debuted back in 2011 so they can easily carry a movie by themselves in the current market even moreso than the original cast. Hell, Lawrence is already carrying an entire quadrilogy by herself.

Not to mention they can certainly bolster a direct First Class sequel with even more popular young talent out in the market right now.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #67
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Do Patrick Stewart, Ellen Page, or Famke Jenssen even age? Seriously, Stewart looks the same as he did in TNG, Page looks the same as she did in Juno, and Famke looks like she hasn't aged at all since Goldeneye. What is up with them?
If anything, Famke is only getting hotter.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #68
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Agreed.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:18 PM   #69
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post

I do think we might get Stewart again in the next movie after DOFP, I don't think they will kill his character again like this soon. But I agree, that X-Men could move on without Professor X. We have yet to see a X-Men team film without Prof X's presence. It will be really interesting to see Storm, Wolverine and the rest work together without Professor X in the entire movie.

With Ian McKellen, I'm not sure. I think the modern-day X-Men could move on fighting against new villains and Magneto doesn't always have to be in the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Lawrence, Fassbender, Hoult and McAvoy are far more popular now than when First Class debuted back in 2011 so they can easily carry a movie by themselves in the current market even moreso than the original cast. Hell, Lawrence is already carrying an entire quadrilogy by herself.

Not to mention they can certainly bolster a direct First Class sequel with even more popular young talent out in the market right now.
You always say that, but GA usually remember JLaw for Hunger Games not the X-Men.

This franchise is not gonna lose any fans, if she doesn't come back for another X-Men film after DOFP.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:29 PM   #70
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Actually this board went crazy when those four were announced. And there's so much potential with those four especially with Storm, iceman and Rogue. They could be more visually appealing than Professor X, Magneto, Mystique and Beast. Halle Berry is still a press favorite and she can still draw a lot of people.
The board went nuts, sure, but the general audience doesn't care.

Quote:
You always say that, but GA usually remember JLaw for Hunger Games not the X-Men.

This franchise is not gonna lose any fans, if she doesn't come back for another X-Men film after DOFP.
I don't think Jennifer Lawrence is widely regarded as a good Mystique anyways.

I like her, but I know a lot of people that don't.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:17 AM   #71
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
The board went nuts, sure, but the general audience doesn't care.
They don't right now. But their return should attract more people than the return of the FC cast. Like with trailers and TV spots especially if they showcase them very well.

One of the complaints about First Class from the general audience was it didn't really feature a lot of well-known characters. I heard this from two different people who I wasn't really close with. In FC, we got Sebastian Shaw, Azazel, Riptide, Angel Salvadore, Havok, Banshee. If those mutants were introduced in a X-Men movie like with Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Iceman, it wouldn't be an issue.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:32 PM   #72
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

In an ideal world, we will get both X5 and FC3, if DOFP makes mega money, I dont see why we cant get both.

Both casts are well known now and will be even more so after next year so they really could do both if they choose and if DOFP makes money I think they will.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:56 PM   #73
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

If DOFp makes mega money, they should follow the path of Fast/Furious. Continue releasing films with the OT cast and at the same, hire well-known actors to portray the new characters.

FC3 can wait. Michael/James McAvoy should really age first.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #74
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Lucky the magic of film making can make them look older

Old 08-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #75
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Exactly, they dont need to age as make-up can do that for an actor, plus you dont want them getting too old for the role as then the young/old versions will be too interchangeable.

Personally I think FC3 should come next as the GA seem a bit tired of the same old characters IMO. Or you could do both and release them a year apart.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote