The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 04:02 AM   #76
Angel
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 64
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

i agree. I wonder if they will ever explore that in the movies like them secretly having an affair. It's kinda mythological canon. But i no for a fact it will never happen.

Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:27 AM   #77
Moonwing
Side-Kick
 
Moonwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 556
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Do not think so. It may be mythological canon but so is Loki being Thor uncle and blood brother to Odin. In comic Sif&Loki are clearly in antagonistic relationship without a single hint of some lost love and movies will continue that trend as it was clear from the first one.

Moonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:46 AM   #78
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 27,024
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
If we think in the range of theory that Sif=Jörð we do not know if he was the only one who she have an affair with, its probably just the most scandalous one considering sides involved. Earth incarnation in loveless, mandatory marriage neglected by her husband/son (it is a miracle that they had Þrúðr together) it is easy to see why she fall in affair with Loki, and probably many others.

As for why Thor cared more that Sif's gold hair was gone than him finding out that she had a lover, well it`s not his business with whom his mother will chose to sleep. But hair-its her pride and beauty and she was devastated so it was his duty to avenge it=).

By the way, I am stile interested in why marvel do not use Járnsaxa at all. It can be so interesting cross culture pairing without need of human part. And it will free Sif as even in comic her relationship with Thor is strange on-off thing.
Marvel HAS uses Magni and Modi. Magni twice for that matter. But it was never clear the first appearance of the Sons of Thor were Sif and Thor's or not.
The Magni only was the son of Amora and Thor, that was in the future with Thor having knowledge of his future son

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:47 AM   #79
Angel
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 64
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

exactly what i was thinking.

Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:57 AM   #80
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 27,024
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

I consider that Eye of Odin arc the Ragnarok that brought the Mythical Asgard to the Comicbook Era of Asgard

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:00 AM   #81
Moonwing
Side-Kick
 
Moonwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 556
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Marvel HAS uses Magni and Modi. Magni twice for that matter. But it was never clear the first appearance of the Sons of Thor were Sif and Thor's or not.
The Magni only was the son of Amora and Thor, that was in the future with Thor having knowledge of his future son
Yep, I am aware of this. Its just strange that they used child (Magni, as Modi do not have confirmed mother in mythology and so it`s probably not Járnsaxa) but not mother.

Moonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:31 AM   #82
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 27,024
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
Yep, I am aware of this. Its just strange that they used child (Magni, as Modi do not have confirmed mother in mythology and so it`s probably not Járnsaxa) but not mother.
It just makes me wish that Marvel would do a book like the Ages of Thunder books covering the different Ragnaroks, so stories like that can be done

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #83
Moonwing
Side-Kick
 
Moonwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 556
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
It just makes me wish that Marvel would do a book like the Ages of Thunder books covering the different Ragnaroks, so stories like that can be done
I think this idea have great potential but by the end of the year there will be only one Asgardian book - the main Thor title (JIM canceled this month and Loki (presumably) exits YA title this November/December). So I do not think that Marvel will launch a new one. Hope to be wrong.

Moonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #84
nefarious_e
Death's BFF
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 47
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
I think this idea have great potential but by the end of the year there will be only one Asgardian book - the main Thor title (JIM canceled this month and Loki (presumably) exits YA title this November/December). So I do not think that Marvel will launch a new one. Hope to be wrong.
Feel free to throw rocks at me if this is off topic but what makes you say this?

The cancellation of Sif's JIM run was disappointing. There is already a shortage of well-written, female centric comics.

nefarious_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:34 AM   #85
Moonwing
Side-Kick
 
Moonwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 556
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefarious_e View Post
Feel free to throw rocks at me if this is off topic but what makes you say this?

The cancellation of Sif's JIM run was disappointing. There is already a shortage of well-written, female centric comics.
Here read this article and look at the cover .I think that it`s pretty clear whats going on. Probably even relaunch after that...

Moonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:15 AM   #86
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 27,024
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
I think this idea have great potential but by the end of the year there will be only one Asgardian book - the main Thor title (JIM canceled this month and Loki (presumably) exits YA title this November/December). So I do not think that Marvel will launch a new one. Hope to be wrong.
I would hope they do start at least SOME run separate from Thor's own title, but Like I said Sif would be a great add to Fearless Defenders at least for the time being and to give her something to do.

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:37 AM   #87
Moonwing
Side-Kick
 
Moonwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 556
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
I would hope they do start at least SOME run separate from Thor's own title, but Like I said Sif would be a great add to Fearless Defenders at least for the time being and to give her something to do.
Agree, she showed that she have potential to stand on her own, to be her own character but in the team book perhaps so FD is the best solution.

Speaking of "on her own" status according to this resent Aaron interview she will not come back to Thor`s love interest status any time soon as there (in issue 12) will be another love interest introduced and it`s not Jane Foster(who also will be there) but a completely new character. So Sif is free to do what she want=).


Last edited by Moonwing; 08-07-2013 at 04:59 AM.
Moonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:46 AM   #88
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 27,024
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
Agree, she showed that she have potential to stand on her own, to be her own character but in the team book perhaps so FD is the best solution.

Speaking of "on her own" status according to this resent Aaron interview she will not come back to Thor`s love interest status any time soon as there (in issue 12) will be another love interest introduced and it`s not Jane Foster(who also will be there) but a compositely new character. So Sif is free to do what she want=).
.....That sounds like a very odd paring tho lol

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:58 AM   #89
Moonwing
Side-Kick
 
Moonwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 556
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
.....That sounds like a very odd paring tho lol
Heh, agree, now to judge how REALLY odd it is, I need to know how young this "young S.H.I.E.L.D. cadet" is if you know what I mean

Moonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:02 AM   #90
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 27,024
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
Heh, agree, now to judge how REALLY odd it is, I need to know how young this "young S.H.I.E.L.D. cadet" is if you know what I mean
Wait wait wait, isn't Valkyrie a SHIELD agent? I missed most of Secret Avengers and don't really know if she was made an agent via Steve Rogers.
If THAT's the case Brunhilde and MORTAL Thor had a FLING remember?

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:18 AM   #91
Moonwing
Side-Kick
 
Moonwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 556
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Wait wait wait, isn't Valkyrie a SHIELD agent? I missed most of Secret Avengers and don't really know if she was made an agent via Steve Rogers.
If THAT's the case Brunhilde and MORTAL Thor had a FLING remember?

Hmm... yep, I do remember that but according to interview it`s a newly created character so it leave Brunhilde out.

Speaking of Valkyrie I just hope it`s not ultimate-type-valkyrie character aka fangirl that got a chance to get in her idol pants, it wold be a nightmare.

Moonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:42 AM   #92
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 27,024
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
Hmm... yep, I do remember that but according to interview it`s a newly created character so it leave Brunhilde out.

Speaking of Valkyrie I just hope it`s not ultimate-type-valkyrie character aka fangirl that got a chance to get in her idol pants, it wold be a nightmare.
Technically Annabelle being merged with Val IS a new character lol

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:54 AM   #93
Moonwing
Side-Kick
 
Moonwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 556
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Technically Annabelle being merged with Val IS a new character lol
Maybe you are right=). But we will see in just three weeks (#12 will be out 28). Lets say I am intrigued by this development.

Moonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:21 AM   #94
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 27,024
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

yeah at least the trailer will keep us busy until then

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #95
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 9,909
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Sif threatening Loki in the trailer was awesome. Loki's nonchalant reaction was also awesome, he's dealt with Thanos and Hulk, he's not scared of her.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:38 AM   #96
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 24,826
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Sif threatening Loki in the trailer was awesome. Loki's nonchalant reaction was also awesome, he's dealt with Thanos and Hulk, he's not scared of her.
Oh, Loki is scared of Sif. He isn't a complete fool.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #97
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 9,909
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

He would be scared of her (she's very scary at times) if he hadn't met those other two monsters.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #98
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 24,826
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
He would be scared of her (she's very scary at times) if he hadn't met those other two monsters.
Any of them have their golden hair ruined by Loki? Have Loki betray their man?

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #99
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 9,909
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

No. but one threw him around like a ragdoll and the other is obsessed with death. By the way, I am looking forward to seeing Jane interact with both of Thor's other ladies (Frigga and Sif) it would be fun.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #100
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 24,826
Default Re: The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Never call Thor's step-mother, or this case actual mother, his "lady". That just sounds wrong.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.