The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Old 08-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #201
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Default Re: SPOILER ALERT: Anyone bothered by....

^ Can't we just forget about like 70% of Origins?

... Please!!!!!

Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #202
ClawOfLaw

I have just one Question. Me and my mates were discussing the fact if wolverine still has the power the heal hisself or not? i thought he lost it because of the old chinese guy . At the end jean told him that he could die and that the red haired chinese girl will be his bodyguard again like when he lost his power the first time... they told me he got his powers back the moment mariko killed her father with wolverines claw... :/ help meee pls

ClawOfLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #203
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arawn Fenn View Post
The bulk of Origins most likely takes place after 1973, so he would not yet have the adamantium.
Now I'm all confused...

It was March of 1979 when 3 mile island happened. Assuming that this is a cover-up for the incident that involved Wolverine, then he had his adamantium in 1979.

Now, best case scenerio, as far as the storyline, if it was in year 1 that Logan and Viktor were "assassinated" in Vietnam, then that would be 1964 or 1965.

Don't remember if they ever said how long he had been out and working for Striker. If not it could have been as soon as 1 year later when he quit. So let's say 1965 or 1966.

Next he is living with Silverfox and is working as a logger. Does it ever say how long he was with her? If not then this timeline could work. Maybe he was with her a coupld of years, she is killed in 1979, which leads to the adamantium and 3 mile island. So this way he might already have his adamantium in 1973!!!

No wait a sec. I'm off. If 3 mile island is a cover up for Wolvie's fight then he got his adamantium in 1979 and wouldn't have it in 1973. So they're only shot to have this timeline correct is say that 3 mile island wasn't due to Wolvie's fight, but something that happened years later...

Last edited by Super Jim; 08-05-2013 at 02:52 PM. Reason: I messed up
Old 08-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #204
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawOfLaw View Post
I have just one Question. Me and my mates were discussing the fact if wolverine still has the power the heal hisself or not? i thought he lost it because of the old chinese guy . At the end jean told him that he could die and that the red haired chinese girl will be his bodyguard again like when he lost his power the first time... they told me he got his powers back the moment mariko killed her father with wolverines claw... :/ help meee pls
He got his powers back when he gave himself the operation earlier in the film.

And just to let you know they were Japanese not Chinese.

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #205
ClawOfLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
He got his powers back when he gave himself the operation earlier in the film.

And just to let you know they were Japanese not Chinese.
sry im talking with em while im writing and im a little confused xD y he got them back the first time when he operated himself but at the end his power was "sucked out" of him. Or not?

ClawOfLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #206
Arawn Fenn
Banned User

I think the idea was that Yashida didn't complete whatever process was happening there.

Arawn Fenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #207
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawOfLaw View Post
sry im talking with em while im writing and im a little confused xD y he got them back the first time when he operated himself but at the end his power was "sucked out" of him. Or not?
Ah right sorry, misunderstood.

Yeah Mariko stopped the transfer of the power to Yashida when she killed him so Wolverine is ok at the end of the movie and has his healing back yes.

Old 08-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #208
Teelie
Mostly Harmful If Eaten

I'm not sure exactly how that worked but that's what happened. Instead of losing all his healing ability he regains it when Yashida is interrupted/dies. Does the process just return what it took from him? It was kind of ambiguous how it reversed itself there.

Teelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #209
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

I think he just regenerated what he lost once Mariko stopped the process. That's also why we didn't see the bone claws emerge until he was freed from the machine.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:59 PM   #210
Loki882
Side-Kick

I saw it as the adamantium from his hands was removed, hence the bone claws, and the rest of his skeleton was unaffected. We saw during his makeshift heart surgery (that was nasty) that it takes a couple of minutes for his healing factor to kick in hence him flat lining initially, so that's what also happened with Yashida.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #211
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Also, in that last part with Jean, we saw that he could have just let go and die there as she was asking him to do, but he chose to bring himself back.

Old 08-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #212
Loki882
Side-Kick

He had a new women to fight for, and she (Mariko) was marvelous. That line she had before attacking the SS was fantastic, and surprisingly cold blooded. I felt bad for her, all but one and a half of the men in her life (Harada redeemed himself) were complete *******s.

Old 08-06-2013, 01:06 AM   #213
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Most certainly, especially with that clip in the credits scene which Logan looks at showing limb replacement and talking about developments in that field.

I took it as a big clue or I could just have read too much into that scene
Well I maybe reading too much into it with you, but for them to show that specifically on the TV in that scene with Wolverine watching it was a big indication they would have something to do with him getting his adamantium claws back in DOFP.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)WOWS-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)The Equalizer-7(17)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(18)47 Ronin-6(19)Monuments Men-5(20)Ride Along-5(21)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #214
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Well I maybe reading too much into it with you, but for them to show that specifically on the TV in that scene with Wolverine watching it was a big indication they would have something to do with him getting his adamantium claws back in DOFP.
Yeah it would make a lot of sense, a good way to get Logan is claws back but also to introduce the Trask industries.

But we shall see there is a couple ways they could do that, even if they do that at all!!

Old 08-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #215
Teelie
Mostly Harmful If Eaten

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
I think he just regenerated what he lost once Mariko stopped the process. That's also why we didn't see the bone claws emerge until he was freed from the machine.
So his body regenerated its own healing factor... that is what it seems like although the way it was presented was more like draining a battery of its power. Once it's gone, it's gone only in this case he regenerated his regeneration.

Old 08-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #216
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teelie View Post
So his body regenerated its own healing factor... that is what it seems like although the way it was presented was more like draining a battery of its power. Once it's gone, it's gone only in this case he regenerated his regeneration.
He had enough (bone marrow?) left in him to stay alive. Enough to start the regeneration process. I expect he replenished the rest more gradually.

But we don't know yet what his healing powers are like now, because we didn't really see them in action after the final battle. Maybe they aren't as powerful as before...

Old 08-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #217
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Another issue is that Wolverine's healing factor keeps him young, it doesn't make him young, if that makes sense...

There is a difference.

The difference is that the times that Wolverine has lost his healing factor you don't see him just turn old and turn to dust. No, he keeps the age he is, just that he is now aging at a regular rate. Same in reverse... If you gave him back his healing factor he would start to age slowly again, but be at the age he is.

So the point is that Yashida shouldn't have turned young. If he had an ailment then this could fix that, but not turn him young.

This is a plot hole I didn't think of...

Old 08-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #218
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
Another issue is that Wolverine's healing factor keeps him young, it doesn't make him young, if that makes sense...

There is a difference.

The difference is that the times that Wolverine has lost his healing factor you don't see him just turn old and turn to dust. No, he keeps the age he is, just that he is now aging at a regular rate. Same in reverse... If you gave him back his healing factor he would start to age slowly again, but be at the age he is.

So the point is that Yashida shouldn't have turned young. If he had an ailment then this could fix that, but not turn him young.

This is a plot hole I didn't think of...

Its not really a plot hole, just a difference in opinion and interpretation of what Logans power actually does.

Old 08-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #219
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

The machine did appear to be aging him as it was draining out his healing factor.

Old 08-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #220
Teelie
Mostly Harmful If Eaten

That's another good point. I felt something was off in that somehow but it didn't hit me until you pointed it out. Logan is in his 30's now. He was in his early teens (or about) when it kicked in but he kept maturing to a point then stopped aging.

Would it have really reveresed Yashida's age if he gained the power? It certainly would have repaired the ravages and damages of old age and years of his body going through life without it but he shouldn't he just be an exceptionally fit 90 something year old man?

Old 08-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #221
Legion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Its not really a plot hole, just a difference in opinion and interpretation of what Logans power actually does.
It is a plot hole because Wolverine's healing factor slows the aging process. He doesn't have eternal youth. It's just that his aging progress hasn't been explained much in the films but this plot point will seem more inconsistent when DOFP rolls around and we see an aged Logan.

Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #222
Loki882
Side-Kick

Yashida was stealing Wolverine's healing abilities all at once, so that may have affected things as well.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #223
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Yeah it would make a lot of sense, a good way to get Logan is claws back but also to introduce the Trask industries.

But we shall see there is a couple ways they could do that, even if they do that at all!!
There are other ways, but Trask Industries doing it wouldnt seem forced and cheap, as they would have a reason to do it.

As for the question of whether they will do it at all, I think they will, the general audience knows the Wolverine with the adamantium claws, its the character they love. Not bringing them back could turn casual fans off the character and effect future movies BO revenue in turn.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)WOWS-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)The Equalizer-7(17)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(18)47 Ronin-6(19)Monuments Men-5(20)Ride Along-5(21)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #224
Loki882
Side-Kick

I think that Wolverine having claws and being a badass would be enough for most of the GA, they don't really need to be metal.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:20 AM   #225
Super Jim
Side-Kick

^ I've explained this before, but here goes again. Sure seems that the majority of this movie will be in 1973, right?

The present Wolverine's mind is going to be sent back in time into the body of his 1973 self. Depending on how they play with the timeline (or just ignore some of the stupide stuff from Origins) the 1973 Wolverine will already have the adamantium. Some can try to argue this timing with the events of Origins, but I've previously explained that there is only one plot device in Origins that makes us think he got his adamantium in 1979, and that is the 3 mile incident. If they instead say (or just not say) that the 3 mile incident was not a cover up of what happened there with Wolverine then they could try to say that that incident was actually many years earlier. This way it could have been 1970, 1971 or 1972 that Logan got his adamantium.

The whole point is so the 1973 Wolverine will have his adamantium. So you'll have present Wolverine with bone, but this won't matter since most of the movie will be back in 1973, and that Wolverine will (or could) have the adamantium.

The real question is how much will be changed in the new future? Will Wolverine wake up in the Age of Apocalypse, will he wake up with everything seemingly the same, but then Jean will walk around the corner, will Cyclops be back, or will everything just be the same as it was before?

Another question is whether there will be an future scenes with Wolverine? You know, one where he is out in the street and a Sentinal attacks and he takes it down. If so I think it would be really cool to have him pop adamantium claws instead of bone, leading to the obvious question for the GA of "wait, I thought he had bone claws. How'd he get them back?" And then that question could be explored in the next movie.

To me they have two ways to go after this one. Either end this one with the Age of Apocalypse to set up the next movie, or the next movie should be a relaunch that goes more with the comic. You know, one where the first class is Cyclops, Jean Gray, Iceman, Angel and Beast. Of course this would not have Wolverine, and he's where the money is, right?