The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #951
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
Can someone blow this up?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion

Last edited by Whiskey Tango; 08-07-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:59 PM   #952
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by a necessary evil View Post
michael bay is your guy.
rofl!!!

"I'm going to show you something beautiful. Everyone screaming, for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings.......strings....... but now I'm free. There are no strings on me."

- Ultron V
Old 08-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #953
Wontkins
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Is there a good screen cap of this supposed power rangery Kurse?
Power Rangery villain Kurse

Old 08-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #954
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

The guy in the ship. He who we get to see from behind and the his mask covering his face juste before we get the Thor/Heimdall scene. Is that Malekith?

Old 08-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #955
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Interesting article on Kevin Feige:

Quote:
“Kevin is a genius,” says Joe. “The guy is an auteur producer. There’s nobody quite like him in the business right now,” said Joe. And if Feige and the studio needed their movie to connect certain dots that would tee up Avengers 2? That was fine by the Russos.
http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/...vel-dc-movies/

Old 08-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #956
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wontkins View Post
That would make sense.
Also, does anyone else find it weird that we get a glimpse of Kurse in the trailer? I remember the reason people had for him not making any appearances being they were going to do a big reveal, but nope they reveal him first as a toy, then as a guy standing there in the background. No money shots of Kurse. Thats disappointing. Maybe trailer 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
He's definitely going to have a bigger role in trailer 3 and to the GA he still hasn't been revealed since I didn't even notice at first.
You should both read Taylor's quote about him in the Empire trailer article. He's really excited about what Kurse does in the movie. I wouldn't worry.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #957
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

something interesting i just noticed from the trailer...someone may have mentioned it...

The background looks like to be on Earth, maybe its a dream sequence or the ending, where Thor happens to reside on Earth which can follow up to avengers aou... thoughts?

Old 08-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #958
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
He must have dropped the soap
Good one lol xD

Old 08-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #959
ares834
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
The guy in the ship. He who we get to see from behind and the his mask covering his face juste before we get the Thor/Heimdall scene. Is that Malekith?
I'd assume it is either him or Algrim.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #960
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
something interesting i just noticed from the trailer...someone may have mentioned it...

The background looks like to be on Earth, maybe its a dream sequence or the ending, where Thor happens to reside on Earth which can follow up to avengers aou... thoughts?

Regarding that theory...

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the film ends up with Thor choosing to stay on Earth for good, or at least for the time being, rather than going back to Asgard.

I think a potential theme/plot for Thor in this film will be him being conflicted regarding his duties towards Asgard and Earth and that he ends up wanting to stay and Protect Earth than going back to Asgard and watching from the sidelines.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #961
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
The Avengers looks like it was made for TV
So what??

Old 08-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #962
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Regarding that theory...

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the film ends up with Thor choosing to stay on Earth for good, or at least for the time being, rather than going back to Asgard.

I think a potential theme/plot for Thor in this film will be him being conflicted regarding his duties towards Asgard and Earth and that he ends up wanting to stay and Protect Earth than going back to Asgard and watching from the sidelines.
yup it could make a good reason from him showing up on A: AoU

Old 08-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #963
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Regarding that theory...

But that would mean

no Sif happens

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #964
TayDee
Side-Kick

There's nothing exciting about Thor on Earth, except Avenger related issues. I believe they're gonna kill Jane, he ends up all super angry in Avengers 2, and somewhere down the line, a relationship with Sif will come about.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #965
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Thumbs up Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

I know it's kinda off-topic, but I wanted to put this here (just to show how popular Thor has become). It's an article, in portuguese, from a big brazilian site, showing the most popular heroes in youtube, with data collected from the ''Geek Week''.

Thor is in the 2nd place, behind Batman, with about 2.1 billion visualizations.

Quote:
1. Batman (7 bilhões de visualizações / 71 mil horas)
2. Thor (2,1 bilhões de visualizações / 66 mil horas)
3. Super Homem (Superman) (1,7 bilhões de visualizações / 14 mil horas)
4. Homem de Ferro (Iron Man) (1,4 bilhões de visualizações / 20 mil horas)
5. Os Vingadores (The Avengers)(1 bilhão de visualizações / 31 mil horas)
6. Wolverine (540 milhões de visualizações / 7,8 mil horas)
7. Homem Aranha (Spider-Man)(340 milhões de visualizações / 7,4 mil horas)
8. Capitão América (Captain America)(280 milhões de visualizações / 4,9 mil horas)
9. Liga da Justiça (Justice League)(220 milhões de visualizações / 3,2 mil horas)
10. Deadpool (200 milhões de visualizações / 8,9 mil horas)
http://entretenimento.uol.com.br/not...do-youtube.htm

Old 08-07-2013, 07:02 PM   #966
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Does that show how popular Thor has become or how popular Loki has become on the internet? Hmmmmm.....

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #967
ares834
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post
I know it's kinda off-topic, but I wanted to put this here (just to show how popular Thor has become). It's an article, in portuguese, from a big brazilian site, showing the most popular heroes in youtube, with data collected from the ''Geek Week''.

Thor is in the 2nd place, behind Batman, with about 2.1 billion visualizations.

http://entretenimento.uol.com.br/not...do-youtube.htm
It's in English as well.

Ultimately, though, it doesn't mean much.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #968
Thor Odinson
Banned User

It means they're popular and that's about it.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #969
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Is there a good screen cap of this supposed power rangery Kurse?
gotcha right here

No idea what everyone else is talking about. This looks like freakin Kurse

Old 08-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #970
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
gotcha right here

Yeah, nothing ''power ranger'' about it.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:30 PM   #971
ares834
Side-Kick

Quote:
gotcha right here

How the hell does that look like Kurse? It's an entirely different adaptation of the character that bears almost no resemblance to the comics (BTW I've got no problem with that).

Old 08-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #972
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares834 View Post
I'd assume it is either him or Algrim.
Malekith or Kurse/Algrim. Those were also my thoughts. I am beginning to think it could be The Other.

"We face an enemy known only to a few. Known only to one"...

A)I think that they might be talking about Loki and it seems as if Thor and Heimdall talk before .... hits the fan on Asgard -> before they have released Loki.

I am starting to wonder if we will see The Other again. Look I know how this sounds so you guys don´t take this too serious if you think it´s ridiculous! Thx.

Is it not possible that The Other is in the ship that´s going for Midgard? His mission: to retrieve the scepter/the blue mind gem. Isn´t that with Selvig or Shield?

Why strike Asguard? To get the gauntlet! We know Thor battles in both realms and that he has time to introduce Jane to Asgard.

What if the attack on Midgard takes place first. Thor is contacted by Heimdall who sees this. He then beams Thor to Midgard where he fights, and loses. Maybe that´s why Thor´s eyes are so blue. He is still a bit effected by the mindcontrol in the scepter after they fought over it. Now that Thor understands the threat he travels to Asgard and tells Odin and then Odin explains the story about the IG for us.

B) It´s Surtur, and he is only known to one. Maybe Odin. Thor might say that because Odin fought him once or something.

If this goes down, I see a great way for Loki to escape and release Surtur/help him destroy Asguard in Thor 3. I hope for Surtur, enchanress and his awesome sword to be in the MCU.

Last edited by Mightyally; 08-07-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #973
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Malekith or Kurse/Algrim. Those were also my thoughts. I am beginning to think it could be The Other.

"We face an enemy known only to a few. Known only to one"...

A)I think that they might be talking about Loki and it seems as if Thor and Heimdall talk before .... hits the fan on Asgard -> before they have released Loki.

I am starting to wonder if we will see The Other again. Look I know how this sounds so you guys don´t take this too serious if you think it´s ridiculous! Thx.

Is it not possible that The Other is in the ship that´s going for Midgard? His mission: to retrieve the scepter/the blue mind gem. Isn´t that with Selvig or Shield?

Why strike Asguard? To get the gauntlet! We know Thor battles in both realms and that he has time to introduce Jane to Asgard.

What if the attack on Midgard takes place first. Thor is contacted by Heimdall who sees this. He then beams Thor to Midgard where he fights, and loses. Maybe that´s why Thor´s eyes are so blue. He is still a bit effected by the mindcontrol in the scepter after they fought over it. Now that Thor understands the threat he travels to Asgard and tells Odin and then Odin explains the story about the IG for us.

B) It´s Surtur, and he is only known to one. Maybe Odin. Thor might say that because Odin fought him once or something.

If this goes down, I see a great way for Loki to escape and release Surtur/help him destroy Asguard in Thor 3. I hope for Surtur, enchanress and his awesome sword to be in the MCU.
I think it is surtur.

Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Avengers 3 will be Thanos. We get gotg in phase 2. Thanos/the IG, will not be a part of Thor: The Dark World, in my opinion.

While I think the Other May have a presence, I think people thinking that Thanos is pulling malekith's strings so he can get the IG, are going to be a wee bit disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares834 View Post
How the hell does that look like Kurse? It's an entirely different adaptation of the character that bears almost no resemblance to the comics (BTW I've got no problem with that).
Sure it does. Yeah, the head is different, and his body isn't covered in clothing. However, his body shape, his silhouette aside from the head, looks like Kurse's body. Except instead of Armor/clothing, it's skin. The bulk is the same..rounded bulky shoulders, with spikes on them. Obviously it's impossible to be just like the comic Kurse, due to the nature of the MCU, but the way I see it, aside from the long horns on the side of Kurse' helmet, this version in the movie, to me, looks like Kurse, turned MCU.

If I didn't follow the MCU at all, and I saw this picture, as a character in Thor the Dark World, I'd know it's Kurse. I mean, I see Kurse when I look at that, in terms of body shape, size, and color

Old 08-07-2013, 08:06 PM   #974
Wontkins
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post
Yeah, nothing ''power ranger'' about it.
Power Ranger villain

I know he's going to look awesome on the big screen I just wonder why they went with that shot as their reveal...

Old 08-07-2013, 08:06 PM   #975
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
gotcha right here

Ya, pay no mind to those whining monkeys. He looks freakin' great.

Closed Thread