The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 08-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 08-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #3
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
Interesting article on Kevin Feige:

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/...vel-dc-movies/
That is slightly worrying.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #4
ares834
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mighty_Thor View Post
That's pure bull. A bullet is launched by a small explosion. Even a small calibre hand gun produces far more force than the human body.
Depends what we are talking about. Since he was referring to bullets bouncing off of Loki I was referring to the force that is caused by a bullet impacting a human. Due to the very small mass of the bullet the force is quite small as well.

The force causing the bullet to shoot, however, is far larger. Just as you say.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #5
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Seriously .... watching this thread get derailed after we just got a great new trailer makes me feel like .....

..... and wanna to ......

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 08-07-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #6
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

So...based on what we've seen from the latest trailer, what would you guys estimate to be this film's production budget roughly? I'd say that it's at least 200 million.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #7
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

I noticed mention of a third trailer in the previous thread. Has there ever been a third trailer?

I also think Thor is talking about Loki. I am starting to think that Thanos might be involved here. Not as an on screen presence, but perhaps the force behind releasing Malekith, who in turn is attempting to release Surtur.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #8
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
gotcha right here

No idea what everyone else is talking about. This looks like freakin Kurse
He looks great to me. The designers captured the overall spirit of the character without making him as garish as the comic book original. The red-and-yellow trappings Kurse sported in the Simonson stories always seemed out of place to me anyway. He didn't look fierce or imposing. Here, AAA looks like a bruiser who can kick major ass on the battlefield. When we see him in the finished movie with proper lighting he's going to be even more imposing, I'm sure.

The lame "Power Rangers" gibe that gets made about almost every character in a CBM these days has gotten beyond stupid. But I suppose that if a person's sole frame of reference is a crappy children's show, that's all they'll have to fall back on when looking for a comparison.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #9
ares834
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Loki isn't known to "only one" ..... AGAIN, use your critical thinking skills. The overarching theme is the darkness descending upon Asgard and Earth. Odin is the only person Thor knows of who knows of it.
Eh?

I'm saying, from what I've seen, Loki seem to be "the only one". He is the one who truly knows about the darkness. I'm not saying he is the villain they are talking about that is known to only one.

Quote:
I did read what you wrote and the fact that you stated it bared no resemblance is utter lunacy. You're speaking absolute gibberish as though he's this entirely new looking character. They carried over important traits.
Once again, I'm fine with how he looks. But the only resemblance I see is his stature.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #10
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
So...based on what we've seen from the latest trailer, what would you guys estimate to be this film's production budget roughly? I'd say that it's at least 200 million.
I'd say under $200m. There seems to be some random green screen for some background shots (like Thor and Jane kissing) to reduce cost. Probably wouldn't see that in a $200m movie.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #11
TayDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
That'll be too high for Thor. I'd go around $175 Million.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #12
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I noticed mention of a third trailer in the previous thread. Has there ever been a third trailer?
From what I can recall, no MCU film has ever had an official third trailer domestically.

We've had international trailers though for some films.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #13
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
He looks great to me. The designers captured the overall spirit of the character without making him as garish as the comic book original. The red-and-yellow trappings Kurse sported in the Simonson stories always seemed out of place to me anyway. He didn't look fierce or imposing. Here, AAA looks like a bruiser who can kick major ass on the battlefield. When we see him in the finished movie with proper lighting he's going to be even more imposing, I'm sure.

The lame "Power Rangers" gibe that gets made about almost every character in a CBM these days has gotten beyond stupid. But I suppose that if a person's sole frame of reference is a crappy children's show, that's all they'll have to fall back on when looking for a comparison.
I thought the Kronan looked like an imposing bruiser who could kick major ass on the battlefield. Far, far more ass than a comparatively tinier Kurse. Look how long the Kronan lasted.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 08-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #14
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
What's legit?

It's something not necessary to worry about. Seriously could you imagine the litany of micro-semantics you'd have to track to keep everything in line with over-analyzing fanboy worries? I mean what's next, analyzing the impact of each tile on that ground that Thor cracked as he landed? People need to get a life.
Sorry, what? idk, that's how I talk, essentially I was just agreeing with you, saying how Cap hits less hard than a bullet, just as Jane does, yet you didn't see anyone complaining about his punch turning Loki's head, making it pointless. I'm agreeing with you 110% on this rock lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post

This. For sure. No, he didn't look imposing, the horns from his helmet did though. He just looked cool.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #15
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares834 View Post
Once again, I'm fine with how he looks. But the only resemblance I see is his stature.
You're right .... the horns, his size, and the upper bulkiness of his armor are not in the spirit of the comic book character. On what planet?

Old 08-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #16
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

If you showed me that image of Kurse and did not tell me who it was, I wouldn't know who he is. That doesn't mean the design is bad, it just isn't immediately identifiable as Kurse.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #17
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
If you showed me that image of Kurse and did not tell me who it was, I wouldn't know who he is. That doesn't mean the design is bad, it just isn't immediately identifiable as Kurse.
Total lie.

If you knew Thor's comic book history it wouldn't register that a huge man with horns arranged out of the side of his head curving towards hits mouth hanging out with Malekith wasn't Kurse?

Riiiiiight.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #18
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares834 View Post
Eh?

I'm saying, from what I've seen, Loki seem to be "the only one". He is the one who truly knows about the darkness. I'm not saying he is the villain they are talking about that is known to only one.

And I'll repeat what I posted just before Thread Manager dropped tha bass:

That would make sense if they were talking about Loki, and him being the only one with experience with this person/entity could very well refer to: Thanos and/or The Other. As far as we know, Loki is the only one who's had any experience with the Mad Titan.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 08-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #19
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
I'd say under $200m. There seems to be some random green screen for some background shots (like Thor and Jane kissing) to reduce cost. Probably wouldn't see that in a $200m movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TayDee View Post
That'll be too high for Thor. I'd go around $175 Million.
Well the reason why I say around that much is because Feige is known to have gone on the record on how the scale of Thor: TDW is practically the biggest for the solo films and not far from the scale shown in “The Avengers”

Old 08-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #20
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
How so?

Old 08-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #21
Whiskey Tango
#N7DAY14

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 08-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #22
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
And I'll repeat what I posted just before Thread Manager dropped tha bass:

That would make sense if they were talking about Loki, and him being the only one with experience with this person/entity could very well refer to: Thanos and/or The Other. As far as we know, Loki is the only one who's had any experience with the Mad Titan.
There is no allusion to Thanos in any of that trailer though. You're speculating again on a whole other realm of the plot you've previously theorized.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #23
ares834
Side-Kick

Quote:
You're right .... the horns, his size, and the upper bulkiness of his armor are not in the spirit of the comic book character. On what planet?
I just don't see. He has horns sure, but then so do so many other things.

Quote:

I think the biggest reason is this Kurse is organic and far more monstrous than comic Kurse. It creates a very different vibe for the character.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #24
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:

That article was actually very good news for Marvel fans. Feige and his team have planned everything out for the next eight years, meaning they know precisely where they want to take the MCU and which characters they're going to use. That's far better than doing things haphazardly with no planning at all. In light of what Bob Iger said about Disney's plans to allow Marvel to expand and create more "tentpole" films, I'd say that the next few years are going to see some great developments. With Disney's live action unit having released a couple of major bombs in the last two years while Marvel has churned out billion-dollar hits, perhaps the company will see the wisdom of giving Marvel more resources while maintaining its hands-off management approach.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #25
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post

Haha

Closed Thread