The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 09:09 PM   #51
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mighty_Thor View Post
You're still dead wrong. Mass x speed = force and the human body can't generate enough speed to make it's mass even come close to the force of a bullet. Hell a baseball going 95mph will hit with more force than any punch. Now if the Flash were real he could hit with more force than a bullet because of the speed of the punch but not a real person.
Are any of these people "real"?

Old 08-07-2013, 09:12 PM   #52
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Which is fine, but for me not really.

Someone has to release Malekith.
Do they though? Why does Malekith have to be released? It's never been stated that he's been trapped.

He's probably been in Svartalfheim scheming for whatever it is he wants to do.

Thanos is my favorite character from Marvel, but I feel like the whole, behind the scene things would be exhausting.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:12 PM   #53
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
LOL @ anyone trying to convince me they wouldn't know that this .....

..... was meant to be in the spirit of this ......

For me, it is the organic look and color scheme. Tell me he is in a Thor film and I'd eventually get it. But you'd have to tell me he is in a Thor film.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:12 PM   #54
TayDee
Side-Kick

I never known one still of someone in a dark area can cause so much ridiculousness.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #55
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!

Quote:
Are any of these people "real"?
No but certain characters are supposed to be regular humans and he's trying to apply real science to them to justify a bad statement.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:14 PM   #56
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I disagree. I'll repeat what I said earlier, if I didn't follow the MCU, and didn't know the Villains, I would see that part of the trailer, rewind it, and pause, look at him and say, son of a *****, that's Kurse.

But we don't know if Thor was even referring to Thanos.

Why would Malekith talk about Thanos? The immediate threat is Malekith, possibly Thanos is the one pulling his strings. How would Heimdal, and Thor know this enemy is Thanos? I think Malekith's plans are to release Surtur, and he probably makes that clear. This enemy, Surtur, the one who is going to bring back the darkness, or whatever, would be THE threat.

It's gotta be Odin, knowing about Surtur. There is no reason for Heimdal and Thor to be talking about Thanos. Unless he shows up in the movie. Which I doubt he will, this movie probably won't be Thanos heavy.
As my earlier post said. The Other attacks Midgard to retrieve the scepter from Selvig?´Heimdall sees this and tells Thor, he then goes there and is effected by mindgem -> the extremely blue eyes he has (as Loki had in the Avengers) when he grabs Jane.

So he tells Odin about this and Odin fears the worse. He explains to us that before the universe there was darkness, and it has survived. That darkness is the entity that was turned into the infinity gems and Thanos is comming for the last of them in Odin´s vault.

Something like that

Old 08-07-2013, 09:14 PM   #57
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Do they though? Why does Malekith have to be released? It's never been stated that he's been trapped.

He's probably been in Svartalfheim scheming for whatever it is he wants to do.

Thanos is my favorite character from Marvel, but I feel like the whole, behind the scene things would be exhausting.
I just assumed that shot of the being that is being released in the two trailers, was Malekith. He doesn't have to be released, but that is what I think is happening in the trailer.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:14 PM   #58
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
For me, it is the organic look and color scheme. Tell me he is in a Thor film and I'd eventually get it. But you'd have to tell me he is in a Thor film.
What does color have to do with it? Malekith isn't a literal translation either. He's not out there looking like a court jester. Yet you know who it is. Fact remains the "physical" common features of Kurse are all there.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:14 PM   #59
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
What has their relative sizes got to do with how imposing and powerful they are? Thor himself is also much smaller than the Kronan, yet he was able to reduce it to rubble with one blow, as you noted. One would assume that Kurse is similarly more powerful than the Kronan. Or is size everything now?
He was joking lol

Quote:
LOL @ anyone trying to convince me they wouldn't know that this .....

..... was meant to be in the spirit of this ......

I mean, I see it you see, others don't. It is what it is. I see it, I am happy with how he looks and I think the essence is there, and that's all I care about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayDee View Post
I never known one still of someone in a dark area can cause so much ridiculousness.
Hey, we're having a civilized discussion :P

Old 08-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #60
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
As my earlier post said. The Other attacks Midgard to retrieve the scepter from Selvig?´Heimdall sees this and tells Thor, he then goes there and is effected by mindgem -> the extremely blue eyes he has (as Loki had in the Avengers) when he grabs Jane.

So he tells Odin about this and Odin fears the worse. He explains to us that before the universe there was darkness, and it has survived. That darkness is the entity that was turned into the infinity gems and Thanos is comming for the last of them in Odin´s vault.

Something like that
Why would SHIELD allow Selvig to keep the scepter? Makes no sense.

But here we go again with the gems stuff. As if we haven't heard enough of your fanfic about it.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #61
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
No but certain characters are supposed to be regular humans and he's trying to apply real science to them to justify a bad statement.
Who is the regular human in this situation, Cap? Or are we talking Jane and the slap?

Old 08-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #62
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Lol I didn´t even have time to post this b4 u answered http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3vfkws/

Old 08-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #63
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayDee View Post
Tell me about it. What a joke.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #64
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
LOL. Are some here trying to imply the linear momentum (m x V) of a punch is bigger than the one of a bullet? Basic physics and math say they're completely wrong.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #65
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
What does color have to do with it? Malekith isn't a literal translation either. He's not out there looking like a court jester. Yet you know who it is. Fact remains the "physical" common features of Kurse are all there.
The colors are there. Hell, the colors support it just as much as the physical common features. It's hard to see in the picture, but looking at the toy, and how it physically compares to the image paints a picture of what he will look like on screen, red and yellows, both there.

check it out:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 08-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #66
ares834
Side-Kick

Quote:
Quit separating the comments.

A guy hanging out with Malekith who fits the physical description of Kurse based on size, armor, and horns.

If you knew anything of Thor's history you'd put 2 and 2 together. Instead you're just carrying on in stubborn fashion trying to play oblivious. Next you'll probably tell me you wouldn't know that was Malekith out there because he's not rocking a heavy metal haircut.
Once again that is giving context to the character. The design, taken on it's own, would not leave me to believe it was Kurse.

Quote:
They AREN'T referring to the Dark Elves. Because it's been said ( in the synopsis I believe) the Asgardians have had a fallout with the Dark Elves in the past. Which means they would be known about.

The enemy Thor and Heimdal are speaking of MUST be either the leader, Malekith, or Surtur, assuming he is trying to release him.
Ah, did not know that.

Quote:
You're still dead wrong. Mass x speed = force and the human body can't generate enough speed to make it's mass even come close to the force of a bullet. Hell a baseball going 95mph will hit with more force than any punch. Now if the Flash were real he could hit with more force than a bullet because of the speed of the punch but not a real person.
Uh, no. Apparently you don't even know Newton's laws. It's Mass x Acceleration = Force. Not Speed. This is a huge difference. And yes, a punch doesn't travel nearly as fast as a bullet. But then the mass of a fist/arm/shoulder is far more than that of a bullet.

Edit: BTW, I have no problem with Jane slapping Loki. In fact, this is the first time I've mentioned it.

Last edited by ares834; 08-07-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #67
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
The colors are there. Hell, the colors support it just as much as the physical common features. It's hard to see in the picture, but looking at the toy, and how it physically compares to the image paints a picture of what he will look like on screen, red and yellows, both there.

check it out:
It's pointless. A few of these guys are arguing just to argue.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #68
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares834 View Post
Once again that is giving context to the character. The design, taken on it's own, would not leave me to believe it was Kurse.
Still a bold-faced liar.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #69
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
There are no facts here. All opinion. Especially when every thing being called a common physical feature is translation and not exact. Even the horns are completely different.

And Malekith has the two tone face. I don't think he is the best translation, but his face makes me think Malekith. But that is just me.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:20 PM   #70
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
I disagree. I'll repeat what I said earlier, if I didn't follow the MCU, and didn't know the Villains, I would see that part of the trailer, rewind it, and pause, look at him and say, son of a *****, that's Kurse.

But we don't know if Thor was even referring to Thanos.

Why would Malekith talk about Thanos? The immediate threat is Malekith, possibly Thanos is the one pulling his strings. How would Heimdal, and Thor know this enemy is Thanos? I think Malekith's plans are to release Surtur, and he probably makes that clear. This enemy, Surtur, the one who is going to bring back the darkness, or whatever, would be THE threat.

It's gotta be Odin, knowing about Surtur. There is no reason for Heimdal and Thor to be talking about Thanos. Unless he shows up in the movie. Which I doubt he will, this movie probably won't be Thanos heavy.
How would Thor and Heimdall know the enemy is (speculatively) Thanos? By beating it out of Loki, of course.

Look, you can't just sweep Thanos under the rug. Loki's entire raison d'etre in The Avengers was Thanos. Thor specifically asked him in the movie: "Who gave you this power? This knowledge?" In TDW, Loki will stand trial for his sins, and he will most definitely have to reveal his source. Then there's the whole "no barren moon" threat that The Other delivered to Loki. Thanos *is* coming after him --- that is *firmly* established in The Avengers.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 08-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #71
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
There are no facts here. All opinion. Especially when every thing being called a common physical feature is translation and not exact. Even the horns are completely different.

And Malekith has the two tone face. I don't think he is the best translation, but his face makes me think Malekith. But that is just me.
What about Kurse's face wouldn't make you think it was him? LOL

The horns are there though. They don't have to be 100% literal in how their fashioned to connect the dots to Kurse.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #72
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:

check it out:
That isn't exactly the most bold color scheme. Most of him is that brown, organic color.

Quote:
Still a bold-faced liar.
How can you tell someone they are lying about their own opinion on something? You don't have to agree, but how is anyone lying here?

Old 08-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #73
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Why would SHIELD allow Selvig to keep the scepter? Makes no sense.

But here we go again with the gems stuff. As if we haven't heard enough of your fanfic about it.
Well Selvig works for Shield?

Lol, stop replying if it´s too overwhealming

Old 08-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #74
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post

Something like that
Nah. Thanos is in gotg. There is no reason for things like this to be happening this early. Especially since the "build up", if any, would be for Age of Ultron. The Thanos and infinity Gem stuff probably won't really fully come into fruitation until gotg. It's the dark elves, Thanos doesn't NEED to be the force pushing the chaos in the 9 realms. It's too much of an arc being crammed into one movie, where said arc is going to conclude by Avengers 3. It's too much.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #75
ares834
Side-Kick

Quote:
Still a bold-faced liar.
Jesus dude, what is you problem?

Lay off the ad hominems for once and attempt to have a civilized discussion.

Closed Thread