The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2013, 09:39 PM   #101
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 21,135
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares834 View Post
I don't get his argument. Why the heck would we lie about this? What would we gain?
Power my friend. We are attempting to gain power.

__________________
Manchester United, 20 times Champions of England! We got our trophy back!
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:39 PM   #102
Mightyally
Mr Arcade
 
Mightyally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,146
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Canīt wait too see this movie. Man this trailer wasnīt good for me. Now all I can think about is this movie lol.

Mightyally is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:39 PM   #103
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In an igloo with the dog sled nearby
Posts: 193
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Whatever it is, I agree with jaqua99

OstrichsRevenge is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #104
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,912
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Or, simpler solution:
The Marauders are sent by Thanos.

Not saying your astral projection torture theory isn't possible, either, but if that *does* take place in TDW, then again, Thanos *is* in the movie. You *have* to have Thanos in this movie, even if it's not a physical presence. The setups are all over The Avengers, and you don't leave audiences hanging for the payoff pitch.

Loki has to answer to Odin: "who gave you the Sceptre, and the Chitauri?"
Loki has to answer to Thanos: "Where's my Cube, *****?!? You promised me a ****ing Cube! I want my money, man"
Loki has to answer to the audience: "So....who was the purple guy at the end of The Avengers?"
Okay, I get you. Totally forget about the Marauders to be honest with you. I DO think they were sent by Thanos. But I think they don't have anything to do with what is going on with the Dark Elves. Perhaps Loki will make it known, that Thanos was who he aligned himself with. But I just don't really see his connection to the dark elves. The enemy that Thor and Heimdal speak of, it just seems it's related to the dark elves, cause that's what's going on. Which is why I think they are talking about the being that the dark elves are essentially heralding, that beign Surtur.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #105
ares834
Side-Kick
 
ares834's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 743
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Lying is an ego thing ..... especially in the middle of an argument where you clearly want to carry on without admitting you're wrong.
I thought I was attempting to have a discussion. Not an argument where some one is "right" or "wrong"; specifically since the very thing we are discussing is an opinion.

ares834 is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #106
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 10,853
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
What happened to discussing the point, not the poster? Or is the latter just easier then accepting others just have a different opinion?

Yeah, this is the reason I can't stand the Hype anymore.

Hell, I get the mods breathing down my ass just for expressing an opinion about a movie and filmmakers and actors who would never in a million years even *see* my posts, let alone give a damn about them; and yet, people engage in outright hostile ad hominem attacks on *other posters* here all the time with personal insults and belittlement, and they don't even get as much as a raised eyebrow from the mods.

It's not the "Hype" anymore --- it's the "Hype"ocrisy.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is online now  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #107
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!
 
Rock Sexton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 7,963
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares834 View Post
I thought I was attempting to have a discussion. Not an argument where some one is "right" or "wrong"; specifically since the very thing we are discussing is an opinion.
You keep telling yourself that. Make sure to bring your cliff notes to the movie so you can properly identify each character in the movie.

__________________
"I dominated like a rabid, horny gorilla." - Robert Down Jr. in EW's coverage of The Avengers
My Official "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" Review - http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=395
Rock Sexton is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #108
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com
 
mkilban2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cleveland/Kent, Ohio
Posts: 2,960
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I don't hate the design. Far from it. I wish he was bigger, but it just doesn't scream Kurse to me.
Yeah I think with comic counterpart accuracy aside he will be giving Thor a good challenge and will be pretty intimidating on screen. Looks don't mean as much to me as long as the characters are written well and at least feel like the comic character in essence. I just want good movies with strong roles lol

__________________
"1983: I was 14 years old and I still have a nanny.. that was weird!"

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #109
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 21,135
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Because you guys ruin the threads with this nonsense. It's tiresome.
You are the one keeping it going because you seem upset that others don't agree with your opinion on this. I am having other conversations about the film in this very thread.

How about we just end it here? You have your opinion, ares has his and I have mine on this subject. Isn't that fair?

__________________
Manchester United, 20 times Champions of England! We got our trophy back!
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #110
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!
 
Rock Sexton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 7,963
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Okay, I get you. Totally forget about the Marauders to be honest with you. I DO think they were sent by Thanos. But I think they don't have anything to do with what is going on with the Dark Elves. Perhaps Loki will make it known, that Thanos was who he aligned himself with. But I just don't really see his connection to the dark elves. The enemy that Thor and Heimdal speak of, it just seems it's related to the dark elves, cause that's what's going on. Which is why I think they are talking about the being that the dark elves are essentially heralding, that beign Surtur.
Why do the Marauders have to be sent by Thanos? It's not even Asgard they're attacking. The prequel comic clearly establishes that all the realms are chaotic with different factions trying to take advantage of the fact that the bifrost was kaput.

__________________
"I dominated like a rabid, horny gorilla." - Robert Down Jr. in EW's coverage of The Avengers
My Official "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" Review - http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=395
Rock Sexton is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #111
TayDee
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California
Posts: 373
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yeah, this is the reason I can't stand the Hype anymore.

Hell, I get the mods breathing down my ass just for expressing an opinion about a movie and filmmakers and actors who would never in a million years even *see* my posts, let alone give a damn about them; and yet, people engage in outright hostile ad hominem attacks on *other posters* here all the time with personal insults and belittlement, and they don't even get as much as a raised eyebrow from the mods.

It's not the "Hype" anymore --- it's the "Hype"ocrisy.




TayDee is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #112
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 21,135
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
Yeah I think with comic counterpart accuracy aside he will be giving Thor a good challenge and will be pretty intimidating on screen. Looks don't mean as much to me as long as the characters are written well and at least feel like the comic character in essence. I just want good movies with strong roles lol
You say that until T'Challa is played by Josh Groban.

I definitely get you. Film is a visual medium and I think look is important, but far from the be all end all.

__________________
Manchester United, 20 times Champions of England! We got our trophy back!
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #113
itchyscratch
Side-Kick
 
itchyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 672
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

This is making me miss the helmet discussions.

itchyscratch is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #114
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,912
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichsRevenge View Post
I didn't actually think anyone would catch my post. Everyone seems too busy insulting each other
lol I am the most observant person I know, things don't slip by me, I may or may not chose to acknowledge them, but nothing gets by Jon, so careful what you say :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares834 View Post
From what I've seen and heard Guardians of the Galaxy will give us our next taste of Thanos. I doubt he will have much of a "presence" in this movie. Maybe a few hints to his existence but that's all I think we will get.
That's what i am thinking. At this point, yeah maybe a bit more than a few hints, but not much else. GotG will be his big outing.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #115
nevermay
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 13
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Why do the Marauders have to be sent by Thanos? It's not even Asgard they're attacking. The prequel comic clearly establishes that all the realms are chaotic with different factions trying to take advantage of the fact that the bifrost was kaput.
Taking advantage of the broken bifrost seems to fall in line with the role Asgard seems to play in policing the realms...we saw this in the first movie, when they came to Midgard to deal with the Jotuns. Broken bifrost = time for chaos.

Still, I do wonder what reason the Dark Elves have to come to Earth for. The Tesseract is back on Asgard, and so are all the other goodies in Odin's treasure room...

nevermay is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #116
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 21,135
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

I don't think Thanos' presence will be major, but I can totally see him coming up with a conversation with Loki. I am sure everyone is wondering where he got an army from.

__________________
Manchester United, 20 times Champions of England! We got our trophy back!
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #117
Bren
Forevernoob
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,492
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -



I see a touch of Predator
No, I must be lying, Rock will tell me so.

__________________
Does odd things at random times.
Bren is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #118
TayDee
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California
Posts: 373
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
This is making me miss the helmet discussions.
Its like people expect it to be glued on his head while he's kicking ass.

TayDee is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #119
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,046
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
This is making me miss the helmet discussions.
Really. This whole discussion of people not being able to tell it's Kurse because he looks nothing like his comic look is just plain idiotic. And it was all started by a couple posters that just don't get his changed look won't completely confuse the viewers, unlike it seems to be them.

Webfoot Hero is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #120
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 21,135
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermay View Post
Taking advantage of the broken bifrost seems to fall in line with the role Asgard seems to play in policing the realms...we saw this in the first movie, when they came to Midgard to deal with the Jotuns. Broken bifrost = time for chaos.

Still, I do wonder what reason the Dark Elves have to come to Earth for. The Tesseract is back on Asgard, and so are all the other goodies in Odin's treasure room...
Blood of a human to open the tomb of Surtur.

Actually, I think the Dark Elves come to Earth for whatever Jane and Selvig are working on or have the university. That is how they will open the tomb of Surtur.

__________________
Manchester United, 20 times Champions of England! We got our trophy back!
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #121
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!
 
Rock Sexton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 7,963
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
That's what i am thinking. At this point, yeah maybe a bit more than a few hints, but not much else. GotG will be his big outing.
Before all the GOTG stuff came out I was in the camp that we'd get some kind of running connectivity to Thanos and The Other. Now, not so much ..... especially with Feige's comments about plans for him further down the rode. I've accepted the fact that he'll be a shadowy figure until GOTG is released and not getting the full experience of the guy until A3.

__________________
"I dominated like a rabid, horny gorilla." - Robert Down Jr. in EW's coverage of The Avengers
My Official "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" Review - http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=395
Rock Sexton is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #122
itchyscratch
Side-Kick
 
itchyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 672
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermay View Post
Still, I do wonder what reason the Dark Elves have to come to Earth for. The Tesseract is back on Asgard, and so are all the other goodies in Odin's treasure room...
Might just be that they want to lure Thor away from Asgard and/or that Jane has discovered something that they want.

itchyscratch is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #123
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,912
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichsRevenge View Post
Whatever it is, I agree with jaqua99
bahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Why do the Marauders have to be sent by Thanos? It's not even Asgard they're attacking. The prequel comic clearly establishes that all the realms are chaotic with different factions trying to take advantage of the fact that the bifrost was kaput.
Who knows lol. If Thanos is building an empire, maybe it's just part of it?

I don't know, he probably doesn't send them. I'm just trying to find a way that makes Thanos irrelevant, yet there. What do you think the deal with the Marauders is? You think they are just there, the battle that is going on when the movie starts?

Could be.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #124
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!
 
The_Mighty_Thor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Beantown.
Posts: 6,740
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Who is the regular human in this situation, Cap? Or are we talking Jane and the slap?
Both really. Cap is peak human not above human and Jane is just a regular woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post
LOL. Are some here trying to imply the linear momentum (m x V) of a punch is bigger than the one of a bullet? Basic physics and math say they're completely wrong.
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares834 View Post



Uh, no. Apparently you don't even know Newton's laws. It's Mass x Acceleration = Force. Not Speed. This is a huge difference.
Actually in this case it's pure semantics and actually both formulas are correct. If an object is traveling at a consistent speed and is not accelerating then mass x speed = force.


Quote:
And yes, a punch doesn't travel nearly as fast as a bullet. But then the mass of a fist/arm/shoulder is far more than that of a bullet.
.
But it has to be proportional. Despite the much larger mass, which would actually be the mass of the whole body if you know how to punch properly, the human body doesn't move fast enough to balance the other side of the equation.

__________________
MY GOD CARRIES A HAMMER, YOURS WAS NAILED TO A CROSS! ANY QUESTIONS?
The_Mighty_Thor is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #125
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 21,135
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Before all the GOTG stuff came out I was in the camp that we'd get some kind of running connectivity to Thanos and The Other. Now, not so much ..... especially with Feige's comments about plans for him further down the rode. I've accepted the fact that he'll be a shadowy figure until GOTG is released and not getting the full experience of the guy until A3.
If what was said about GotG at Comic-Con is true, I am thinking we will be getting a lot of the Thanos experience in GotG.

__________________
Manchester United, 20 times Champions of England! We got our trophy back!
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Đ2014 All Rights Reserved.