The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 06-30-2013, 02:17 AM   #851
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra Cain View Post
This is true. Even Christian Bale stated that Bruce was at a point in his life where he finally needed to move on, to live, and that he's missed out on so much normalcy. He's finally starting a real life, and embarrassingly late as well. Turning a new leaf and beginning a real adult life with someone in their late 20s is a perfect alternative, for Bruce anyway.
It is fitting, actually, considering how many people's life timelines end up. Your 20s are usually a time for exploration and making decisions about how to live your life. That's what Selina is doing. She's made the choice to break her cycle of crime and start fresh.

When you're in your 30s and 40s, that's usually the time for responsibility because you're either raising a family or preparing for your own retirement. Bruce did this backwards - he took on the responsibility of being Batman in his 20s and 30s, and is only really coming in his own at 40. Other people his age would be done exploring and ready to take on serious responsibilities, but he needs to go the other way around.

And yeah, it's better late than never. The true American dream, actually. It's never too late to turn your life around.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #852
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Here's a big gallery for Hot Toys Catwoman. It's mine soon. And Raven, the mask does come off.
http://onesixthrepublic.blogspot.com...twoman-by.html

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:19 PM   #853
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Here's a big gallery for Hot Toys Catwoman. It's mine soon. And Raven, the mask does come off.
Finally. I received an email from Sideshow Collectibles saying it's about to be shipped. My hot toys Batman is pretty lonely these days.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:48 PM   #854
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Wow... that's very impressive, even if they didn't quite get the facial features of Anne quite right.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Pfeiffer-Pfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:57 PM   #855
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Dat Annie was seen wearing a bat logo cap.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 07-21-2013, 07:16 PM   #856
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

So I guess halfway through her walk she thought "wait, a minute, why would Catwoman have a dog? Shoo!"

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:32 PM   #857
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
This picture makes my life.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #858
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

^ What would be even better if that’s after they’ve both retired. They can't let it go.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:58 PM   #859
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
^ What would be even better if that’s after they’ve both retired. They can't let it go.
Suit up once more....for old times sake.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:27 PM   #860
kvz5
HBIC

I'm sure Bruce asked Selina to pack up her Catwoman costume before they left for Italy.

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #861
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
That's really great to know AnneFan. Why didn't Hot Toys ever display her without it though? Is there any sticky residue when removed? How does it hold to her face?

Really great pictures too. Are all the pics yours? The photos look stunning and really showcase her greatness.

I particularly liked seeing photos like this:

She looks very beautiful without her mask. I wasn't sure if they would completely nail her appearance. Don't know if it is 100% there though but it's pretty close. Her hair looks beautiful, especially in some of the other photos where it isn't so neat and tidy.

And here's another question: Does her costume come off? No it's not for what people think (get your minds out of the gutter). I just want to know if she can be dressed in other outfits to potentially mimic some of Anne's other roles or look like she does in real life.

I forget what scale Hot Toys is in. 12" or 18"? If 12", I wonder if she could be put into a pair of Barbie jeans or a dress. But Barbie is quite thin as a doll so maybe her clothes wouldn't fit.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:48 PM   #862
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Why didn't Hot Toys ever display her without it though? Is there any sticky residue when removed? How does it hold to her face?
There's no sticky residue when it's removed. It's just like that pic you posted. The domino mask is connected to the goggles, which has a strap. That's how it stays in place. As to why they didn't showcase this before, I have no idea. For all I know it could have been a recent addition they made.
Quote:
Really great pictures too. Are all the pics yours? The photos look stunning and really showcase her greatness.
Agreed. I love the touch of having her heel stomping on the bat logo, recreating her character poster. And the pictures are not mine.
Quote:
She looks very beautiful without her mask. I wasn't sure if they would completely nail her appearance. Don't know if it is 100% there though but it's pretty close. Her hair looks beautiful, especially in some of the other photos where it isn't so neat and tidy.
Overall I'm quite satisfied with the likeness. As you said it's pretty close. The suit itself and the texture are beautiful. What was seen in the movie is all there. As that picture gallery shows, there's so many poses to put the figure in. That's going to be a hard decision to make.
Quote:
And here's another question: Does her costume come off? No it's not for what people think (get your minds out of the gutter). I just want to know if she can be dressed in other outfits to potentially mimic some of Anne's other roles or look like she does in real life.
I don't concretely know about this, Raven, but I think you would be able to.

Old 08-05-2013, 02:20 AM   #863
skytoast

For anyone interested I received the Hot Toys Selina Kyle a few days ago.
This being my first HT figure, I must say they did a very good job with it and I'm happy with it. This goes great with the HT Batpod which I got a year earlier and two go very well together.

There seems to be a heated discussion over the outcome of the final product. Some people love it while others are a bit disappointed since in some ways it looks slightly different from the original promotional photos in the marketing ads. All of those original promotional photos nearly a year ago and since seem to be of the prototype and they seem to have made some modifications - especially with the head in order to accommodate a removable mask piece. Either that and/or some Photoshop magic added in those pics.

My opinion? She looks great. Does she look like Anne Hathway? Yes and no. It really depends on which angle, lighting, and pose you look at it from along with the way you set up her hair and the mask on her eyes. Hot Toys is known for making very realistic figures, but let's be realistic. It's not meant to be a 1:1 clone to have every feature of Ms. Hathaway replicated - it's scaled model, a toy, a "barbie" doll - lol - which in fact my wife was laughing at me when I first took her out of the box to see a grown man brush her hair back like a barbie doll~

But hey! Can a barbie doll look this good?

Anyhow here's some additional photos for anyone interested:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

skytoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #864
JackWhite
Third Man

Congrats skytoast. I would have got mine a few days ago, but I was at work and missed the delivery. Seeing those pics makes me really want to get a bat-pod to go along with Selina.

Old 08-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #865
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Hot Toys are awesome. The likeness they do to the characters is amazing. It's like they shrank Anne on the Bat-Pod into doll size.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #866
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Hot Toys are awesome. The likeness they do to the characters is amazing. It's like they shrank Anne on the Bat-Pod into doll size.
Pretty much. I've gotta get that new Joker one now though. But I think it's back-ordered.

Old 08-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #867
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Really great pics Skytoast, and welcome to the Hype. Anne looks amazing in them. Can you take a few without her mask?

And if you (or your wife) have any Barbie doll clothes, can we see Anne in a different civilian outfit just to see what she looks like? Thanks.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #868
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Really great pics Skytoast, and welcome to the Hype. Anne looks amazing in them. Can you take a few without her mask?

And if you (or your wife) have any Barbie doll clothes, can we see Anne in a different civilian outfit just to see what she looks like? Thanks.
A maid outfit would be great!

Old 08-06-2013, 02:24 AM   #869
skytoast

Unfortunately my wife does not have any barbie dolls. Right now I really don't want to mess with the goggles. It is extremely delicate and there are number of people on other forums who are complaining that they have broken theirs. But I'll probably have to take them off again eventually due to the hair frizzing all over the place. When I take more photos, I'll make sure I take some without the mask. I'm not so sure if I'll attempt to flip her goggles down again because that's the part that's breaking. It sucks that they made this piece so sensitive out of cheap plastic. It should have been made with metal parts or something.

skytoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #870
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytoast View Post
Unfortunately my wife does not have any barbie dolls. Right now I really don't want to mess with the goggles. It is extremely delicate and there are number of people on other forums who are complaining that they have broken theirs. But I'll probably have to take them off again eventually due to the hair frizzing all over the place. When I take more photos, I'll make sure I take some without the mask. I'm not so sure if I'll attempt to flip her goggles down again because that's the part that's breaking. It sucks that they made this piece so sensitive out of cheap plastic. It should have been made with metal parts or something.

Ah man, you can't even flip the goggles down without the risk of them breaking? That's a major bummer, good thing you let us know about that.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:11 PM   #871
JackWhite
Third Man

Finally received my HT Catwoman. It's a really solid product for the most part, but what irks me the most is the damn mask. I can't even snap the back of the mask to fit it on Selina's head. Took some quick photos. Not the best, but I will take some better ones within the next week or so.

Tried to do a quick re-imagining of the "No guns, no killing scene" where Batman knocks the gun out of Catwoman's hand, lol.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #872
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

^I want kinky sexual positions now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #873
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
^I want kinky sexual positions now!
LOL!

I was tempted, but then quickly reigned in my maturity.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:47 PM   #874
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Then you are a far greater man than I. Far greater.

Those are awesome BTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #875
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Then you are a far greater man than I. Far greater.

Those are awesome BTW.
Haha, thanks man. They are kind of addicting. I really want the latest version of The Joker, but I think it's sold out.