Old 08-07-2013, 04:52 PM   #4
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
the tumblr hivemind is a weird place...
Tell me about it

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #5
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 2

To Farren:

I think it's legit. Other members on the Thor thread have noticed that Loki seems to be injured in that picture. Looks like he's bleeding from the head. Thor looks pretty banged up in the trailer as well. Must be one hell of a battle.

OstrichsRevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:57 PM   #6
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichsRevenge View Post
To Farren:

I think it's legit. Other members on the Thor thread have noticed that Loki seems to be injured in that picture. Looks like he's bleeding from the head. Thor looks pretty banged up in the trailer as well. Must be one hell of a battle.
Well Kurse is in that scene as well, so he probably puts a whooping on the brothers from Regard. Hell it might be Malekith, his dark elves, and Kurse vs Thor and Loki by themselves.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #7
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Loki's reaction to Jane's slapping is brilliant. Loved every bit with Loki in the trailer, such a magnetic character/performance.

747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #8
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichsRevenge View Post
To Farren:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Well Kurse is in that scene as well, so he probably puts a whooping on the brothers from Regard. Hell it might be Malekith, his dark elves, and Kurse vs Thor and Loki by themselves.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Nothing is up with Loki's face other than simply signs of physical damage. That's all. No distortions, no eyes ripped out lol, see definitely is bleeding from the head, Thor is on the ground. Malekith is hovering Jane, Kurse is standing there like a boss.

I would assume that Kurse simply gave Thor and Loki a solid beatdown

why isn't this GIF working as my avy? When I try saving it to my desktop, this is what I get. When I try to use the URl, it says the file is too big. Nice -_- someone's probably gunna snatch it before I figure it out

Last edited by jaqua99; 08-07-2013 at 06:09 PM.
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #9
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

To reply back to one of the latter posts from the last thread in regards to Loki showing no fear at everyone's threats at him, I think another thing to consider is the fact that this is a guy who's not only encountered someone like Thanos already, but probably knows as well that there's a bounty on his head due to his failure on Earth, thus when you have someone like Thanos on your tail, anything less/else does little to phase you.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #10
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
To reply back to one of the latter posts from the last thread in regards to Loki showing no fear at everyone's threats at him, I think another thing to consider is the fact that this is a guy who's not only encountered someone like Thanos already, but probably knows as well that there's a bounty on his head due to his failure on Earth, thus when you have someone like Thanos on your tail, anything less/else does little to phase you.
Exactly. After the other's threats, anything Sif or Volstagg has to say to him is probably irrelevant

Old 08-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #11
Loki882
Side-Kick

Not to mention he already got his ass kicked by the Hulk. Sif and Volstagg must seem like tame puppies in comparison.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #12
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Yeah, and he apparently is going to get his ass kicked by Kurse. Hopefully. Love that he's there, but the destroyer hasn't left my mind yet. In fact, the two villains we've seen have been underpowered.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #13
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Yeah, and he apparently is going to get his ass kicked by Kurse. Hopefully. Love that he's there, but the destroyer hasn't left my mind yet. In fact, the two villains we've seen have been underpowered.
Agreed about the underpowered thing. I always had the impression in the first movie that Loki was capable of much more, but held back. He used his powers in a subtle manner and the movie portrayed that. This movie will be the chance for him to let loose his powers. The first movie was tricks, this one should be sorcery.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:59 PM   #14
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

I thought that, yet he didn't do too much in avengers either. Really hope he displays more sorcery. I want to see Loki and thor have a powers fight, possibly surrounded by storms, with thor using lightning, and Loki creating magic shields, and shooting energy projectiles.

It just irks me, I mean, he has a totally different powerset than Thor, but it can certainly be argued Loki at some points is every bit as powerful as Thor, sometimes even more. Pretty sure he one shotted Beta Ray Bill...and what he did to Bor, someone who was powerful enough to kill thor with one blow...I really want to see him display some awesome power.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:08 PM   #15
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I thought that, yet he didn't do too much in avengers either. Really hope he displays more sorcery. I want to see Loki and thor have a powers fight, possibly surrounded by storms, with thor using lightning, and Loki creating magic shields, and shooting energy projectiles.

It just irks me, I mean, he has a totally different powerset than Thor, but it can certainly be argued Loki at some points is every bit as powerful as Thor, sometimes even more. Pretty sure he one shotted Beta Ray Bill...and what he did to Bor, someone who was powerful enough to kill thor with one blow...I really want to see him display some awesome power.
What's also sad is that unlike Thor, they've not really shown what Loki is capable of doing when he doesn't have some magical powerful staff in his possession. The impression that the MCU gives of Loki is that his main offensive powers comes more from his weapons than his own skills, where his physical strength and durability is seemingly only useful when he's going up against human beings or super soldiers.

Iron Man and Hulk are presented in having a good offensive stance against him, especially the latter.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:09 PM   #16
Loki882
Side-Kick

He had all of the Avengers at each others throats, so he was still messing with their heads. He also sent the Hulk on a rampage that almost killed Thor and BW. He used mind control on Hawkeye, Selvig, and several SHIELD agents. He cast multiple illusions. He wasn't powerless in the movie.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:10 PM   #17
Loki882
Side-Kick

IM knocked Loki down, but the repulsers did NO real damage. Loki got up a couple of seconds later and was unharmed. Loki could kill IM easily if he wanted to.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:29 PM   #18
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
He had all of the Avengers at each others throats, so he was still messing with their heads. He also sent the Hulk on a rampage that almost killed Thor and BW. He used mind control on Hawkeye, Selvig, and several SHIELD agents. He cast multiple illusions. He wasn't powerless in the movie.
Quote:
IM knocked Loki down, but the repulsers did NO real damage. Loki got up a couple of seconds later and was unharmed. Loki could kill IM easily if he wanted to.
My main point was that the film itself didn't do such a great job in showing Loki having such a big advantage on the group.

It's pretty much common sense that Loki would be stronger than Captain America, Black widow, and Hawkeye, let alone any human being.

I'm not saying that he was powerless..but they didn't give him that many offensive powers other than super strength when he didn't have his staff.

Plus, it was more of the staff's doing that caused Hulk to go on a rampage, not Loki I'd argue unless it was insinuated that Loki could use the staff when he wasn't touching it.

And not once did I see Loki having a upper hand on Iron Man in any of their confrontations. Sure, Iron Man's blasts didn't really damage him, but they always threw him off his feet and we never saw Loki ever get a crack at "Iron Man" (not Tony Stark).

Plus, Thor pretty much owned Loki and the only time that Loki got any good kicks in was when Thor's guard was down.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:29 AM   #19
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
What's also sad is that unlike Thor, they've not really shown what Loki is capable of doing when he doesn't have some magical powerful staff in his possession. The impression that the MCU gives of Loki is that his main offensive powers comes more from his weapons than his own skills, where his physical strength and durability is seemingly only useful when he's going up against human beings or super soldiers.

Iron Man and Hulk are presented in having a good offensive stance against him, especially the latter.
bingo

Quote:
All of that, because of an artifact. What did we see him do under his own power? What illusions did he cast, besides duplicates of himself?

Quote:
Sure, they did no effect, but what has Loki offensively done to Iron man.

They made it clear that Iron man could take Loki one on one. MCU, I don't think it's the case, but the way it was portrayed, herolee10 said it perfectly.

he wasn't as offensively tough as he should have been

Old 08-08-2013, 04:31 AM   #20
KittyDuran
Side-Kick

Wonder how much damage Loki sustained from the end of Thor to the beginning of the Avengers. He might have had his powers drained. Going back to Asgard and possibly healed... Maybe not in the healing room but before he was confined. It could have happened out of the goodness of Odin's/Frigga's heart or standard procedure for a citizen of Asgard.

KittyDuran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:35 AM   #21
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:

Loki may not take the threats seriously but it's a pretty sure thing that the Asgardians have weapons that can actually kill him, unlike humans. He's not much of a fighter in a physical sense and never was in the comics, so Sif and Volstagg could possibly take him straight up. I'm sure that if either of them cuts Loki's head off as Baldur once did he's not going to be putting it back on his neck anytime soon.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:03 AM   #22
Loki882
Side-Kick

The staff merely amplified Loki's powers. The scene where they're arguing an the staff is glowing would indicate that. Loki's smile when Hulk freaked out also shows that he knew it would happen. Loki should be weaker than Hulk and Thor, he's not that kind of villain.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:26 AM   #23
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:
The staff merely amplified Loki's powers. The scene where they're arguing an the staff is glowing would indicate that. Loki's smile when Hulk freaked out also shows that he knew it would happen. Loki should be weaker than Hulk and Thor, he's not that kind of villain.
Seeing as how the Avengers defeated Loki because he forgot his staff, it would seem the staff didn't amplify his powers, it was his power. The Loki from the comics wouldn't have needed a secondary weapon to keep the fight going.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:26 AM   #24
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

you don't know that it amplified his power. That scene merely indicated that he was tapping into, yet again the scepter. He should physically be weaker than Hulk or Thor, but he's a powerful enough villain that he should be able to take them on, using other abilities he's yet to display.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #25
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

This guy talks about possible appearances on "Agent Shield" tv series coming up and that there may be other Loki vehicles in the works for Hiddleston because he's under contract and of course, popular. He also speculates that there may be another cliff hanger at the end of Thor 2.

I think this as well.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!: