The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 08-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #26
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 2

There isn't going to be a Loki movie. Fiege said they have plans up till 2021. Which means they have a long story to tell, a Loki movie, at the request of his fans, isn't something they would do, when they have a certain story to tell, and certain characters stories who tie longly into this story.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #27
nefarious_e
Death's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
There isn't going to be a Loki movie. Fiege said they have plans up till 2021. Which means they have a long story to tell, a Loki movie, at the request of his fans, isn't something they would do, when they have a certain story to tell, and certain characters stories who tie longly into this story.
I agree with this. And truthfully, as much as I love Loki, I don't think I would want a solely Loki-centric film. I'm not sure it would even work. What I want is to see Loki well written into the Thor films, causing trouble and being the bag-of-cats he is. One of the best things about watching TH's Loki is his interactions with the other characters. These characters have so much chemistry and history with each other I'm not sure that could be replicated in a solo film.

That said, a one-shot would be kind of cool (like the ones they release with the special edition DVDs), though still pretty unlikely.

nefarious_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #28
Loki882
Side-Kick

I'd love to see Loki lurking on the edges of the MCU, popping up every so often to troll the hell out of people. He'd be the true god of mischief.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:11 AM   #29
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

The best your going to get is a Loki One Shot probably

Old 08-09-2013, 05:43 AM   #30
waffles
Side-Kick

Quote:
Exactly what I was thinking.

Nothing is up with Loki's face other than simply signs of physical damage. That's all. No distortions, no eyes ripped out lol, see definitely is bleeding from the head, Thor is on the ground. Malekith is hovering Jane, Kurse is standing there like a boss.

I would assume that Kurse simply gave Thor and Loki a solid beatdown
Someone uploaded this to Tumblr, bit grainy but it shows what is going on in a little more detail I think. Looks like an injury to the face but im not sure what's going on with his eyes. They look covered over? Also, he has something in his right hand, knife maybe?

Last edited by waffles; 08-09-2013 at 05:49 AM. Reason: I can't spell
waffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #31
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Curious; why is it that Loki keeps calling/referring Thor as his "brother" despite the fact that we've seen him emphasize on how he and Thor "aren't" brothers?

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:02 AM   #32
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Loki likes to mock

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #33
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Loki likes to mock
Nail on the head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffles View Post
Someone uploaded this to Tumblr, bit grainy but it shows what is going on in a little more detail I think. Looks like an injury to the face but im not sure what's going on with his eyes. They look covered over? Also, he has something in his right hand, knife maybe?

As I said, its just cause of the distortion, blood, and Tom's Mannerisms. I said this in another thread. I don't know if it's Tom's mannerisms, or something he brings to Loki's character, but watch the Avengers, watch Thor, he does this thing when he is either acting arrogant, or a bit uncomfortable, where he tilts his head back, and looks forward, gives the appearance that his eyes are closed sort of. It's what he is doing here. That, with the blood, that's all that's happening.

People are thinking too much into this.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #34
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Curious; why is it that Loki keeps calling/referring Thor as his "brother" despite the fact that we've seen him emphasize on how he and Thor "aren't" brothers?
To bring guilt in him. Like he didn't visit Loki, his brother, in prison for almost a year (Thor probably just cant bring himself to look at him after the events of Avengers). And because they are and always will be brothers, but I doubt this were Loki thoughts at the moment=).

Last edited by Moonwing; 08-09-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Moonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:14 AM   #35
Godzilla2000
The Kick Of Reason

So...can it be assumed that Loki was hit very hard in the head by some kind of blunt force from either Thor or Kurse?

- What can I say? What some arrogant people believe is humor makes me angry.

"Marriage is not for sissies. It's hard work."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mar...usaolp00000592
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #36
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Nail on the head.

As I said, its just cause of the distortion, blood, and Tom's Mannerisms. I said this in another thread. I don't know if it's Tom's mannerisms, or something he brings to Loki's character, but watch the Avengers, watch Thor, he does this thing when he is either acting arrogant, or a bit uncomfortable, where he tilts his head back, and looks forward, gives the appearance that his eyes are closed sort of. It's what he is doing here. That, with the blood, that's all that's happening.

People are thinking too much into this.
Agreed, but then again, that's what happens when we finally get new footage after a couple months of drought People have to analyze and over analyze every frame to try and squeeze every drop of information they can.

But yeah, it's a very haughty/arrogant action and way of standing that he does... don't think it's Tom himself (never seen him do it in public anyways), and is more something he does for those types of characters (not necessarily just Loki)

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #37
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

He's shown in the trailer fighting the dark elves, so he very easily could get some battle damage.

Old 08-10-2013, 05:29 AM   #38
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

From the new trailer, he's looking to be a more menacing and truer to mischief god self than the slightly camp version in The Avengers. Like that belligerent burst of magic in the cell and his voice seemed appropriately slithery and mocking.

PacificBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:56 AM   #39
Doc Ock
1951-2014

I definitely looks like Loki will truly be one of mischief than ever before! At least I hope so.

Old 08-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #40
Loki882
Side-Kick

If people are seriously saying that Loki was "campy" in Avengers, then I don't think that they know what the word "campy" actually means, because he was far from it.

Old 08-10-2013, 10:00 AM   #41
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
If people are seriously saying that Loki was "campy" in Avengers, then I don't think that they know what the word "campy" actually means, because he was far from it.
I said "slightly camp version", not "he is campy". There's a difference.

Last edited by PacificBoy; 08-10-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #42
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh god, flashbacks! I've been in arguments on another forum with a guy who contends that every single super hero movie is camp. All of them.

And so is every sci fi and fantasy movie, too. Because they are all equally ludicrous.

*bangs head to make the memories go away*

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #43
Loki882
Side-Kick

Loki in the Avengers wasn't even slightly campy in any sense of the word. He was psychotic, arrogant, and scared to death of a certain purple alien.

Old 08-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #44
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Loki was underwhelming in the Avengers. Verily. That's clear.

Old 08-10-2013, 12:37 PM   #45
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Loki in the Avengers wasn't even slightly campy in any sense of the word. He was psychotic, arrogant, and scared to death of a certain purple alien.
He was but he was also slightly camp in the final moments of the NY battle when his character was set up for laughs. Not that there was anything wrong with that. He was appropriately serious when the plot required, and appropriately fun when needed.

Last edited by PacificBoy; 08-10-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #46
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:
But he was underwhelming.

OstrichsRevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #47
ares834
Side-Kick

Yeah, Loki defiantly was slightly campy in Avengers. Just look at these quotes:

"I am Loki, of Asgard and I am burdened with glorious purpose."

"Freedom. Freedom is life's great lie. Once you accept that, in your heart you will know peace."

"Is not this simpler? Is this not your natural state? It's the unspoken truth of humanity, that you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life's joy in a mad scramble for power, for identity. You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel."

ares834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:48 PM   #48
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

I didn't think those lines and Tom's delivery of them were campy. Thought it was expertly delivered with the right amount of silk and threat. When those same lines were delivered at Comic-Con -- now that's high camp!

Last edited by PacificBoy; 08-10-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:53 PM   #49
ares834
Side-Kick

Oh, Tom's delivery was spot on. However, that doesn't mean they aren't campy IMO. With that said, camp isn't bad.

ares834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #50
Loki882
Side-Kick

Sounds like an arrogant tyrant to be spewing a bunch of BS ideology to justify his actions.