The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 08-06-2013, 11:49 AM   #26
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: Diane Lane IS Martha Kent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
HERMANO!! Yes! I so want Martha in the new film but there needs to be at least one 5-8min. flashback with Jonathan. Costner was so good as Jon Kent.
There needs to be another flashback with Kent to show him giving a lesson of morality to Clark.

There are too many people out there that focus on the darker elements of Pa Kent, that they forget that he's trying to allow his son to be at peace with himself and the world.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #27
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
There needs to be another flashback with Kent to show him giving a lesson of morality to Clark.

There are too many people out there that focus on the darker elements of Pa Kent, that they forget that he's trying to allow his son to be at peace with himself and the world.
I took the whole point of MOS was that it was about the inherent consequences that would come from the fantastic elements playing out and Costner's Jon Kent was a prime example. He was teaching Clark morality, and it was a pretty strict version. He knew what kind of impact his son could have on the wider world, good and ill, but he also had to balance out the need of his son to freely be who he was and a fathers natural instict to protect his child. They presented this all in a serious way, and Costner sold the hell out of it. I know some felt very strongly about Jon Kent not behaving as he has in past incarnations but I put Costner's Pa right up there with Ford's. There was a nuanced sense of morality being taught to young Clark and the kick in the gut of Jon's death scene just devastated me.

I would love to see Clark and Martha at least talking about Pa just to remind the audience of Costner's character and his importance to Clark's life.

KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #28
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

When Ma Kent comes to Metropolis, she should bring an Apple Pie.

That's all.

LEVITIKUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:27 AM   #29
John Lambert
Side-Kick

Arguably Diane Lane being only 18 years older than Cavil seems an odd choice to play his mother. Especially when they are casting Cavil older than he is. However, I think in the present scenes they made Lane look older than she is. She was possibly most convincing as Clark's mother in the elementary school scene, which I thought was the best flashback.

John Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:39 AM   #30
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

They do it all the time. Sean Connery was 12 years older than Harrison Ford in The Last Crusade and the age difference between Glenn Close and Robin Williams in The World According to Garp was minimal.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #31
Loki882
Side-Kick

The old age makeup on Diane was pretty good in MOS. She looked older than she really was.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:30 PM   #32
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I know that Batman can have issues with Superman, but dang, did he really have to take revenge by going after his mother?

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #33
Andreth
Side-Kick

Yeah, I doubt Kevin Costner is gonna come back but you never know

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #34
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
Yeah, I doubt Kevin Costner is gonna come back but you never know
dont worry he got approval

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #35
Andreth
Side-Kick

what movie is that from?

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 08-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #36
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

The Company Men.

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:39 PM   #37
Andreth
Side-Kick

Thanks

TRUEBLOOD
Old 08-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #38
Loki882
Side-Kick

I think that Norman Osborn was in that movie as well.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:17 PM   #39
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I think that Norman Osborn was in that movie as well.
And Harvey Dent from Forever..I think.

Old 08-30-2013, 06:41 PM   #40
John Lambert
Side-Kick

Quote:
Wait... What?! Now I am more happy than ever that I only straight through watched a half of the first season of that show. Geeeez!!!!
I've not seen enough of Smallville to know if the claim is true, but they went too far having various people be loves of eachother. Jonthan Kent died fairly early on, so it is not as messed up as it sounds. Now Lois in a relationship with her editor (not Perry, a different editor) was just wrong in my view.

On the other hand, in Lois and Clark we did get one episode where we had one of our main characters talking about how they were in a sexual relationship with their boss. But that was when Lois gets made editor, and Lois and Clark are already married, and even then Lois is very quick to let Perry take the job back because she realizes even then there are too many conflicts of interest with her relationship and being Clark's boss.

Old 08-30-2013, 06:44 PM   #41
John Lambert
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I want Lois and Martha to really interact in the movie, they are the two big women in Clark's life. It would be interesting to see them play off each other.
Since Lois knows CK=SM, this is something that should be easy to pull off. L&C had quite a bit of Lois/Martha interaction, but it almost all happened in Metropolis.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:42 PM   #42
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

So anyone think that Bruce Wayne might try it on with Ma Kent? That could be the source of Batman and Superman's conflict in the movie instead of the predictable Lex Luthor plot.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:00 PM   #43
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
So anyone think that Bruce Wayne might try it on with Ma Kent? That could be the source of Batman and Superman's conflict in the movie instead of the predictable Lex Luthor plot.
Bruce won't be that much older than Clark and Martha (not Diane) is presented as being someone in her 50's or 60's, plus it's kind of creepy that Bruce's mother was named Martha as well.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:13 PM   #44
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Bruce won't be that much older than Clark and Martha (not Diane) is presented as being someone in her 50's or 60's, plus it's kind of creepy that Bruce's mother was named Martha as well.
I guess it was a common name back, then Jennifer and Catherine now.

DA_Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #45
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well I personally wouldn't want someone who has the same name as my mother, but I know there are people who have done that - whether it's a parent of sibling.

Bruce wouldn't have really known her that long though, and would've just called her mother or ma or whatever. Not Martha though.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #46
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well even if the name weren't an issue for some, the age difference would be, especially if Bruce is supposed to be around Clark's age.

Old 08-31-2013, 02:29 PM   #47
John Lambert
Side-Kick

Quote:
I took the whole point of MOS was that it was about the inherent consequences that would come from the fantastic elements playing out and Costner's Jon Kent was a prime example. He was teaching Clark morality, and it was a pretty strict version. He knew what kind of impact his son could have on the wider world, good and ill, but he also had to balance out the need of his son to freely be who he was and a fathers natural instict to protect his child. They presented this all in a serious way, and Costner sold the hell out of it. I know some felt very strongly about Jon Kent not behaving as he has in past incarnations but I put Costner's Pa right up there with Ford's. There was a nuanced sense of morality being taught to young Clark and the kick in the gut of Jon's death scene just devastated me.

I would love to see Clark and Martha at least talking about Pa just to remind the audience of Costner's character and his importance to Clark's life.
I actually have to say I love the power of Clark's line to Lois "My father died because he thought the world was not ready to find out who I really am, what do you think."

I love the fact that Clark presents Lois with a real dilemma, that Lois has true power in the relationship, and that she makes the right decision. I just wish they had come up with a way that Jonathan died where it was not to save a dog.

Old 08-31-2013, 02:51 PM   #48
Eddie Dean
I Am Not Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Dark Raven's milf obsession returns!

Old 09-02-2013, 01:26 AM   #49
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Diane better have stuff to do in B/S. She was one of the better parts of MoS.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:54 AM   #50
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Diane better have stuff to do in B/S. She was one of the better parts of MoS.
Yeah, Diane was great.

Ponder this, CB fans: In a fictional world where the limits and laws of time and space are pushed every day; where mystical convergences and otherworldly phenomena are the norm; where we are to believe that "a man can fly" and emit beams of concussive force from his eyes, why is it then so difficult to fathom that, in such a place, there also exists a rare breed of man capable of extraordinary feats beyond that of his ken -- the peak human realized in the form of Bruce Wayne, The Batman?
-Arms
ArmsHeldOut is offline   Reply With Quote