The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 08-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #1
Xak-Ell
Side-Kick

Default not enough easter eggs in man of steel...?

i keep hearing people say that since there wasn't an after credits scene at the end of MoS there isn't any real ground of a batman/superman movie...!?! was i the only one who caught a lot of easter eggs that were littered through out the film?

Xak-Ell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
JOE

Default Re: not enough easter eggs in man of steel...?

The Wayne Enterprise logo on the satellite during their battle in space.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #3
Zorex
No T, No Shade

People have become too used to post-credit scenes and extra immediate teases for the next big thing. It's unfortunate, I think, but also now just a reality that superhero movies need to recognize and participate in. For audiences, it's part of the fun of going to a superhero movie.

Zorex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #4
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

I don't know, I don't see movies as gardens at Easter.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #5
Greg26

I think the problem some people had(myself included). Was that they kept saying this movie will open up into a broader DC universe and I didn't see anything other than the Wayne logo that would suggest that. And don't tell me about the lexcorp logo that hints at supes universe not a broader one.

Greg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #6
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

In terms of narrative seeding, the film was quite barren, which I have mixed thoughts on. On one hand, I am happy we were delivered a damn good film that was not burdened with serving as introductory tissue for the next film (see Iron Man 2.) On the other hand, since WB is trying to expand its mythology, I was disappointed about the lack of connecting threads. At the end of the day, the satellite brand is meaningless; it could have been any other company. Hell, if they had inserted a line in the film where one of the characters explicitly acknowledges Gotham/WE/Bruce, that would have meant more than the satellite name.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #7
Greg26

I agree the satellite was meaningless but since it was really the only thing, I had to bring it up. I enjoyed the movie and also didn't want to be beaten over the head with references to other characters but there was so much talk about the broader universe I was expecting something,anything. Something as simple as one of the military guys saying we found another one. When in fact it felt like they went out the way to say this was something new. I just got the feeling that even the top military guys were dealing with this for the first time. Which is fine but don't tell me this is part of a bigger DC universe when the top brass of the military are surprised by this. It might lead to a broader universe but it didn't start in one.

Old 08-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #8
The Sage
Officially a 30 Year Man.
SHH! Global Moderator

Well Superman is supposed to be the first, so the top military guys really are dealing with this for the first time. Maybe the others will emerge thanks to Superman going public.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #9
Greg26

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Well Superman is supposed to be the first, so the top military guys really are dealing with this for the first time. Maybe the others will emerge thanks to Superman going public.
I agree that seems to be the direction they are going in, and that's fine. Like I said I enjoyed the film. It's just that every time I saw something with Snyder he mentioned the broader DC universe. Maybe it's just me but I expected it to be part of it already not starting it. The first time I saw it I found myself looking for little hints or clues at something. It kind of took away from the experience. I enjoyed it much more the second time around when I knew that stuff wasn't there.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #10
Xak-Ell
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg26 View Post
I think the problem some people had(myself included). Was that they kept saying this movie will open up into a broader DC universe and I didn't see anything other than the Wayne logo that would suggest that. And don't tell me about the lexcorp logo that hints at supes universe not a broader one.
there were two cyborg references (and a static shock reference if you follow the new 52), a green lantern reference, and (if you want to view this one as an easter egg you can but its a pretty weak one if you ask me) an aquaman reference

Xak-Ell is offline   Reply With Quote