The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Old 08-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #51
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkokujin View Post
you guys and your MoS hatred are funny.
Awe ... that's so sweet.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #52
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

I liked MOS alot, I thought it was a very commendable film and a good start to the DC universe.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:12 PM   #53
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

I liked MOS more then any super-man films. I just don't think it was in the top tier ( Avengers, Dark knight, First Class) of Super Hero movies nor was it really in the second tier (x-2, batman begins, Iron Man)
It's muddled under Thor, The Wolverine, X-Men and Amazing Spider-man among other films.

Still, seeing a fully powered Super-man was a treat and for those reasons, it has a really high replay value to me.

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:08 PM   #54
Steamteck
Side-Kick

I LOVED MOS frankly as much as any of the MCU movies except Avengers and they beat out any other Superhero movies for me ( Although Amazing Spider-man and Batman Begins were in the ballpark.

Steamteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #55
Masteryada
Side-Kick

Thor needs to be involved more. He got pretty shafted in the first one.

Masteryada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #56
Bren
Forevernoob

I would have preferred more screentime for him, but considering his feats in the film, personally I wouldn't say he was shafted at all.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #57
Masteryada
Side-Kick

Something didn't seem consistent with his appearance in his solo film. It felt like they held him back a bit compared to the others. He did some amazing things but at times it felt like he was a bit of an afterthought.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #58
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Yeah Thor definately needed to be involved more and his action was epic but most of it was before the NYC battle. So I say give Thor more screentime, dialogue, and more time to shine in the final battle and I'll be satisfied.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 08-09-2013, 09:39 PM   #59
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
I liked MOS more then any super-man films. I just don't think it was in the top tier ( Avengers, Dark knight, First Class) of Super Hero movies nor was it really in the second tier (x-2, batman begins, Iron Man)
It's muddled under Thor, The Wolverine, X-Men and Amazing Spider-man among other films.

Still, seeing a fully powered Super-man was a treat and for those reasons, it has a really high replay value to me.
I hated Man of Steel. I just think the action really saved the movie, it obviously what most people wanted. And I do get why people would prefer it to the first two Superman movies, those two came out in the 70s or the 80s and I couldn't even bother to watch the 1st one in 1 seating because the film just feels so dated.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:12 AM   #60
Masteryada
Side-Kick

Th Biggrin Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Yeah Thor definately needed to be involved more and his action was epic but most of it was before the NYC battle. So I say give Thor more screentime, dialogue, and more time to shine in the final battle and I'll be satisfied.
Cap, Thor and Iron Man should have been the big three in the film. The NYC battle felt like the Cap, Iron Man and Black Widow show! (With a healthy dose of Hulk)

Old 08-10-2013, 01:52 AM   #61
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteryada View Post
Cap, Thor and Iron Man should have been the big three in the film. The NYC battle felt like the Cap, Iron Man and Black Widow show! (With a healthy dose of Hulk)
That's exactly what it was, I understand Joss likes strong females but he went overboard with BW.

Spider-Man - Hear what?

Last edited by BigThor; 08-11-2013 at 12:21 AM.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:00 AM   #62
Masteryada
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's exactly what it was, I understand Loss likes strong females but he went overboard with BW.
That's the problem with these team movies, it's a delicate balancing act. It would have been been a lot more fitting if it was Thor on the rooftop closing the portal. Would have gave him a more important job and also would have gave him more time with Selvig (I don't think he said one word to him in the entire film lol)

Old 08-10-2013, 02:43 AM   #63
johnrain
Side-Kick

How can any human build a robot like Ultron and make it powerful enough to challenge the Avengers? The technology does not exist.

johnrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:29 AM   #64
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteryada View Post
That's the problem with these team movies, it's a delicate balancing act. It would have been been a lot more fitting if it was Thor on the rooftop closing the portal. Would have gave him a more important job and also would have gave him more time with Selvig (I don't think he said one word to him in the entire film lol)
There was actually a deleted scene where Thor try's to break the Tesseract protective shield with Mjolnir and get blown back. I think afterwards he decides to city sweep.

The Avengers Deleted Scene "Thor Attacks The Tesseract"
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrain View Post
How can any human build a robot like Ultron and make it powerful enough to challenge the Avengers? The technology does not exist.
The technology to build Ironman's armor doesn't exist but you don't see Marvel not making Ironman movies because of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post

Same with me. I like MOS more than the Avengers or the Dark Knight but over all those movie where flawsless technically better. MOS was just slopply executed. The movie had extreme positives but tons of little negatives.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 08-10-2013 at 07:41 AM.
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #65
Masteryada
Side-Kick

Never seen that before, it's pretty cool but doesn't really change a lot.

Old 08-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #66
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
*not sure if serious*

Nevermind anything else, just take Starktech robotics and make the chassis out of vibranium, and you've got a cut rate Ultron right there.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #67
mocomic
Philistian by choice

Quote:
Remember this Ultron evolves and escapes. The later Ultron robots in no way look like what Pym made. Every time they have thought he is gone , he comes back. Also you have to suspend your disbelief a little. This is after all fantasy. Ultron has a few basic goals. Survive, exterminate, evolve, and then there is that Oedipus complex.

mocomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:24 AM   #68
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
There was actually a deleted scene where Thor try's to break the Tesseract protective shield with Mjolnir and get blown back. I think afterwards he decides to city sweep.

The Avengers Deleted Scene "Thor Attacks The Tesseract"
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Man the way Thor flies back after hitting that shield is so lame, he looks like a rag doll.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 08-11-2013, 12:28 AM   #69
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Man the way Thor flies back after hitting that shield is so lame, he looks like a rag doll.
I really do hope that Joss not only writes for Thor to be more involved with the action, but that he gets some help in portraying that action as well. Compared to some action scenes that I've seen involving super powered beings going at it with each other, I thought the Thor vs Hulk fight was very tamed in the way it was show and choreographed.

Truth be told, I was kind of disappointed with how little we saw of Thor in the battle of New York. Sure, he had his moments, but they were so rare and like others have said about how Whedon really didn't tap into what Captain America can do as a super soldier, I felt the same about how Whedon could have showed and used more of Thor's powers on the big screen.

Hell, he could have at least shown Thor and Iron Man fighting alongside each other while flying and taking out several chitauri cruisers.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:28 AM   #70
First Avenger
Side-Kick

I think Whedon will get better as far as action scenes go for AOU,not that the action in A1 was bad XD.

First Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:32 AM   #71
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Avenger View Post
I think Whedon will get better as far as action scenes go for AOU,not that the action in A1 was bad XD.
lol; but it wasn't exactly great/memorable either.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:36 AM   #72
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Personally, I think the action in TA is very memorable. But yeah, they could be improved on a lot. And there's plenty we still haven't seen the Avengers do as a team.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:38 AM   #73
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I really do hope that Joss not only writes for Thor to be more involved with the action, but that he gets some help in portraying that action as well. Compared to some action scenes that I've seen involving super powered beings going at it with each other, I thought the Thor vs Hulk fight was very tamed in the way it was show and choreographed.

Truth be told, I was kind of disappointed with how little we saw of Thor in the battle of New York. Sure, he had his moments, but they were so rare and like others have said about how Whedon really didn't tap into what Captain America can do as a super soldier, I felt the same about how Whedon could have showed and used more of Thor's powers on the big screen.

Hell, he could have at least shown Thor and Iron Man fighting alongside each other while flying and taking out several chitauri cruisers.
I agree, but I think they will add more Thor in AoU. And the Thor vs Hulk fight was very disappointing. They definitely need to come harder than that with the action. I'm hoping those two have another fight in AoU.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:45 AM   #74
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

I think Stark creating Ultron fits. He's already created an A.I. with Jarvis. And he makes suits of armor that can assist him in combat, whilst being controlled by Jarvis through Tony's commands. If he dares to go even further than Jarvis and create a more advanced A.I., that would be believable considering Stark's character. Always creating and advancing in his technology. And of course, he'd make Ultron's body as well. Seems to really fit to me.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:04 AM   #75
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

The action in The Avengers not memorable and not so great? Yeah, right...

Different people might have felt different things were missing. But it's hard to fault what was actually there. And you can't just add sequences and scenes just because they are cool. Adding more stuff just to satisfy some action needs would have seriously hurt the pacing and momentum of the story. If anything, the movie would have benefited from some more dramatical weight, not more action beats.

747 is offline   Reply With Quote