The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 06-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #176
roach
I am the night

Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
The order to launch a nuclear strike was still beyond ridiculous. Not only would new york be destroyed but so much of the surrounding regions as well from nuclear fall out. It was the ultimate over-reaction, they'd be doing loki a favour by speeding up the destruction 10 fold.
However this being aliens and a wormhole..no one could truly know what a nuke would do...having not tested conventional weapons on the aliens how would they have known that a nuke would kill the aliens....or what a nuclear explosion would do to the wormhole...it could have ripped open the wormhole and cast our planet on the far side of the universe...

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #177
BlackFox
Burn baby burn!

Fury leaping out of a crashing helicopter and surviving the fall.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #178
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
True, tho Joss does say he had realised he'd messed up there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Yeah but Joss admited he muffed that up lol
+1 bonus points for responding to the same comment twice in almost identical ways

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:41 PM   #179
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

I felt they could have handled hawk eye better.

Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #180
Bert
Side-Kick

Nothing. It was everything I was expecting and more. I was excited about this movie and after I left I couldn't stop grinning for a week. And I bought the blu ray and couldn't be happier. The movie made great use of its time, never paused, just shifted into different types of excitement. Constantly had jokes going (comedy as a genre has been in a slump for a couple years. Apatow and Phillips, we need something good from you, guess our action movies gotta pick up the slack)

In short, everything I wanted and more, I hope the next movies are still good quality movies, but go in other directions to keep it fresh.

Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #181
Blake II
Banned User

1) Captain America's Capsule Helmet
2) Captain America looked too skinny
3) Captain America's blue was too fruity, it should have been a darker blue.
4) Hawkeye didn't have a mask
5) Hulk was a little too short
6) The Chituari seemed a little too weak. Hell, Hawkeye kicked one with ease making him fall to his death.

Blake II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #182
Just_Human
Side-Kick

It was perfect imo

And I was skeptical before watching the movie

Just_Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:49 AM   #183
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

No character motivation and very little development
Captain America joining the first organistation that offered him a job without even researching if they were the good guys or not
The throwaway line that retconned the emotional ending of Thor
Black Widow grabbing the flying jetski without getting her arm ripped off and landing without breaking her bones.
Hawkeye, everything about him
Lokis power being less that it was in Thor
Loki being weak as a kitten without his sceptre, and getting his butt handed to him by solo characters, thus negating the need for a team-up
Loki smiling his butt off the whole movie. Not threatening 90% of the time
Loki talking to thin air after Thor is flown away by Iron Man
Iron Man being the main character instead of Captain America
Nick Fury, everything about him
Coulson a.k.a Captain America stalker
Characters arguin with each other for nearly the whole movie.
Fanboys who claim it's the best movie ever made

CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #184
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
+1 bonus points for responding to the same comment twice in almost identical ways
just making sure the point was made, besides I don't always have internet and the danged putters at this library are so backed up with updates to software it's next to IMPOSSIBLE to keep up on them with freezing up and crashing

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #185
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

I dislike some of the humor. When it came from RDJ it was 100% okay since the guy and his character were perfect for it, but many times it just went against the characters and his motivations. Also it diminished Loki's character sometimes.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #186
StreetWarrior
Respectfully disagreeing.

Some of the humor, the mischaracterization of Hawkeye, and the lack of Ant-Man/Giant and/or Wasp. Very minor complaints. I'd still give it a 9 or 9.5 out of 10.

StreetWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #187
Thoix
Side-Kick

There bits of the first act I don't like and pieces of the second act I don't like, but I dislike the entire third act/final battle. It feels like I'm watching the four Avengers and two normal agents fighting against one of the most unthreatening and worst armies I've seen in a movie. On top of that, the Chitauri are led by the threatening and cunning villain turned into a walking joke and ragdoll Loki.

I also hate the fact the movie treats the few serious moments it has as joke, such as Thor's joke about Loki being adopted after Black Widow tells him Loki's killed 80 people. Humor! Oh wait, no. It's just one of the many cringe worthy line found in the movie.

Luckily most of the movie good. Not great, but good. I just hope Whedon doesn't try to play it safe withe sequel because it's obvious he held himself back with "The Avengers".

Thoix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #188
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoix View Post
There bits of the first act I don't like and pieces of the second act I don't like, but I dislike the entire third act/final battle. It feels like I'm watching the four Avengers and two normal agents fighting against one of the most unthreatening and worst armies I've seen in a movie. On top of that, the Chitauri are led by the threatening and cunning villain turned into a walking joke and ragdoll Loki.

I also hate the fact the movie treats the few serious moments it has as joke, such as Thor's joke about Loki being adopted after Black Widow tells him Loki's killed 80 people. Humor! Oh wait, no. It's just one of the many cringe worthy line found in the movie.

Luckily most of the movie good. Not great, but good. I just hope Whedon doesn't try to play it safe withe sequel because it's obvious he held himself back with "The Avengers".
I think I'm about to drop a tear. I never thought I'd see the day when someone would say this so I could wholeheartedly agree.

I hated they turned Loki into a rag doll, no matter how many people could have laughed at that. I see with horror how many movies don't mind to treat great villains as some gag material for a few cheap laughs. It took all dignity out of the character like that. And as if that hadn't been enough they had him moaning with this cartoony face. I'm all for Hulk smashing him, but in a cool battle, like what Hulk had against Thor earlier, not like a Tom & Jerry episode.

And yes, when I talked about humor going against the characters and what they are, I was thinking specifically about "He's adopted." This is Thor, proud god of thunder who would defend his brother against these earthlings talking garbage about him, no matter how evil he might be. And in fact he was very aggressive towards those who were talking bad about Loki. And then BAM! Joke-time! Let's forget about who the character is and let's have this sitcom-like laugh moment!

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #189
Thoix
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
I think I'm about to drop a tear. I never thought I'd see the day when someone would say this so I could wholeheartedly agree.

I hated they turned Loki into a rag doll, no matter how many people could have laughed at that. I see with horror how many movies don't mind to treat great villains as some gag material for a few cheap laughs. It took all dignity out of the character like that. And as if that hadn't been enough they had him moaning with this cartoony face. I'm all for Hulk smashing him, but in a cool battle, like what Hulk had against Thor earlier, not like a Tom & Jerry episode.

And yes, when I talked about humor going against the characters and what they are, I was thinking specifically about "He's adopted." This is Thor, proud god of thunder who would defend his brother against these earthlings talking garbage about him, no matter how evil he might be. And in fact he was very aggressive towards those who were talking bad about Loki. And then BAM! Joke-time! Let's forget about who the character is and let's have this sitcom-like laugh moment!
I completely agree. It pains me how they made Loki so utterly pathetic in the final battle when he startrd off so strong and intmiating in the first place. Thr scene with Hulk and Loki is just painful to sit through now. I originally laughed too, but it only worked the first time. It's the same thing with most of the humor of this movie; they're just a bunch cheap laughs I expect from a bad comedy.

Thoix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #190
SpiderCool
Side-Kick

I feel like perhaps it could have done without Iron Man. He has too much charisma he saps it from everyone else. Also, it would have been shorter.

SpiderCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:10 AM   #191
xeno000
Raining hell from above

One thing I disliked was a geographical error: When Bruce's gamma signature scanner displayed the coordinates where the Tesseract was located, the longitude and latitude were wrong. Stark Tower's coordinates are 40°45′12″N 73°58′36″W (those of the MetLife Building in Midtown Manhattan); the coordinates on Banner's screen were 45°66.12'N/76°87.32'W, which in the real world is somewhere outside Ottawa, Canada. It's a tiny goof but it bothers me every time I see it.

(If that's not picking a nit I don't know what is.)

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #192
StreetWarrior
Respectfully disagreeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
One thing I disliked was a geographical error: When Bruce's gamma signature scanner displayed the coordinates where the Tesseract was located, the longitude and latitude were wrong. Stark Tower's coordinates are 40°45′12″N 73°58′36″W (those of the MetLife Building in Midtown Manhattan); the coordinates on Banner's screen were 45°66.12'N/76°87.32'W, which in the real world is somewhere outside Ottawa, Canada. It's a tiny goof but it bothers me every time I see it.

(If that's not picking a nit I don't know what is.)
Wow. No offense but that is the most nit-picky complaint I have ever heard.

StreetWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #193
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

They went a little overboard on the humor IMO.

I also didn't like how Thor powered up Iron Man's suit in the middle of the movie, only to not use it in the final fight for something. I was expecting that to happen and it never did.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #194
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Well This thread is "What people DIDN'T like from The Avengers"

I see no reason for insults.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 08-16-2013 at 06:53 PM.
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #195
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.

I did not like that the Oscorp tower was not in it.

XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote