The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 08-09-2013, 06:54 PM   #26
Thor Odinson
Mightiest Avenger

Default Re: The Official Alien/Mythical Race Thread For Thor:TDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible Hans View Post
Yep. If a Kronan was in the movie as a big orange rock monster, parts of the audience would start to whisper: "Cool... the Thing is in this."

BTW, I would like to see Olympians (some day), ice giant (which are not to be confused with frost giants), trolls (they have to be in a Thor movie and not in a Thor thread ) and maybe dwarfs.
Same here.

Thor Odinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #27
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Ulik just HAS to make an appearance in Thor 3, he's just too big of a thorn in Thor's side not too. Ice Giants making an appearance would be cool as well, I don't really care about seeing the olympians though.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:05 PM   #28
seahammer
Side-Kick

I love the Thor/Herc bromance over the years, but I feel like the Olympians might complicate things, and they don't really bring anything visually new/stunning (unless the plot dealt extensively with the question of other pantheons, but I don't think that is the way it will go).

If they go with Surtur for Thor 3, I'd love to see lots of Fire Demons wreaking havoc across the cosmos as they are released, giving us a look at various alien races (including the Korbinites, even if Beta Ray Bill doesn't make an appearance).

Last edited by seahammer; 08-09-2013 at 10:28 PM.
seahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #29
seahammer
Side-Kick

BTW, has anyone thought about the "wild hunt" being alluded to in T:TDW? I never really liked the wild hunt aspect of Malekith, but it was a big part of his first story arc.

I don't really want to see them, but I wouldn't mind Malekith saying something like "the hunt is on..." or treat his followers/the marauders like a pack of animals...

There hasn't been any hint of it so far in the trailers, but would anyone here like this "race" to appear?

(If anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about, they're basically a bunch of Elven Hellhounds that Malekith unleashes on Thor).

EDIT: sorry for the weird, rambling post. It must be getting late.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #30
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I want The Olympians in some capacity to appear in the future. Just a thought, but what if all the PHASE 3 films were to include the appearance of a well known Avenger most associated with the starring character of the film? So, say Hercules makes his MCU debut in the 3rd Thor film? Cap's 3rd outing has a similar character and so on... Then come Avengers 3 there is more than enough heroes on the roster to take on a Cosmic threat like Thanos. (Yes, I am just using this as an excuse to get Hercules in the MCU some how.)

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #31
Thor Odinson
Mightiest Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I want The Olympians in some capacity to appear in the future. Just a thought, but what if all the PHASE 3 films were to include the appearance of a well known Avenger most associated with the starring character of the film? So, say Hercules makes his MCU debut in the 3rd Thor film? Cap's 3rd outing has a similar character and so on... Then come Avengers 3 there is more than enough heroes on the roster to take on a Cosmic threat like Thanos. (Yes, I am just using this as an excuse to get Hercules in the MCU some how.)
Since I am big fan of Hercules, I'm all for it.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:33 PM   #32
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Bro!!!

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:05 PM   #33
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible Hans View Post
Yep. If a Kronan was in the movie as a big orange rock monster, parts of the audience would start to whisper: "Cool... the Thing is in this."

BTW, I would like to see Olympians (some day), ice giant (which are not to be confused with frost giants), trolls (they have to be in a Thor movie and not in a Thor thread ) and maybe dwarfs.
That would makes me think of Angrir lol

Quote:
Too bad we can't have it all. I want to see Herc and Beta Ray but a movie can only have so much stuff. If Herc and Beta Ray where added they would have to leave out or down grade Seth and The Warriors Three's roll in those movies.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 08-09-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:41 PM   #34
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Yeah, but Herc was intro'd in Thor's book. Having him there reduces the need for any origin in an Avengers film, plus his and other heroes' addition is part and parcel of Avenger's history. I know it's an off chance, but I can still dream. SIGH.

Old 08-10-2013, 12:23 AM   #35
Thor Odinson
Mightiest Avenger

In the MCU anything is possible. If we can have a GotG movie, I think is very possible that we'll see other races of gods in the future.

Old 08-10-2013, 12:44 AM   #36
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I'm satisfied with the Asgardians being the only gods in the MCU, it makes them more unique.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:12 AM   #37
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I'm satisfied with the Asgardians being the only gods in the MCU, it makes them more unique.

I hear ya brother, and I understand why that has an appeal, but....

It's my same problem when I do any pondering on the old Superman films.
When you have one guy who's a humanoid alien that is breaking all the known rules of physics it actually seems less likely that he's an isolated extreme outlier and more likely (using admittedly crappy fanboy fictionalized "logic/rationality") that there are other beings like him. It's why a world with only one person having fantasy powers always feels off to me. Really, in the entirety of your entire fictional universe this one guy is it?

Same with the Asgardians, and the comic creators must have felt the same way, because it makes a kind of sense and adds to the overall world, thus the intro of Herc and the Olympians (sniff, RIP INCREDIBLE HERCULES) along with Set and the Egyptian gods ect.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #38
seahammer
Side-Kick

I'm borrowing this from Guardians of the Galaxy thread, where Son of Coul just posted some set photos with a bunch of alien races. There are more photos there, but I'm only posting these ones so I can try to connect it to Thor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
Imgur'd them because I have such a fulfilling life.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Take the ears and nose off the yellowish alien in post production, and you'd have a decent Korbinite. Anyone else?

Old 08-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #39
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
This for sure. I don't want the Olympians. It would be overkill in my eyes. We already have gods. If we introduce another race of Gods, human-like gods, for that matter, it'd be too much.

Old 08-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #40
jonathancrane
Hank Pym > Scott Lang

Quote:
His catchphrase is: NOW IS THE APPROPRIATE MOMENT TO ENGAGE IN A PHYSICAL ALTERCATION!!

Old 08-11-2013, 10:22 PM   #41
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

^ Always happy to bring a smile to a face.

Old 08-11-2013, 10:54 PM   #42
Thor Odinson
Mightiest Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
This for sure. I don't want the Olympians. It would be overkill in my eyes. We already have gods. If we introduce another race of Gods, human-like gods, for that matter, it'd be too much.
Not even a mention?

Old 08-11-2013, 10:59 PM   #43
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post
Not even a mention?
I don't see how having the Olympians is too much. Is it too much of a stretch that if one of the ancient pantheons in the MCU is based on "real" beings that the others might be true in some way as well?

Old 08-11-2013, 11:34 PM   #44
Thor Odinson
Mightiest Avenger

Quote:
I don't see how having the Olympians is too much. Is it too much of a stretch that if one of the ancient pantheons in the MCU is based on "real" beings that the others might be true in some way as well?
Yeah, that's how i see it too.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:55 AM   #45
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

More Gods means the chance for an adaptation of the God Butcher. Thus I would love more Gods.