The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 08-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #26
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: FOX Shared Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
Here's how I think it will go, assuming FOX has the ability to mix and match characters from two completely separate contracts (which I doubt):

2014 - X Men: Days of Future Past
2015 - Fantastic Four: Keep Away From Home
2016 - X Force
2017 - X Men & FF: Mismatch
2018 - New Mutants
2019 - Aliens vs Predator vs X Men vs X Force vs FF vs Alvin & the Chipmunks
we all know Alvin & the Chipmunks would in that one

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #27
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Of course I am making an assumption - the same assumption people are making when they assume that these two separate character families can be crossed over without Disney's approval. Disney/Marvel can raise the argument, in court if necessary, that they did not sell the character families with the intention of their being merged, and that doing so has the potential to harm their future viability as separate entities.

I don't know if I would trust Avi Arad when it comes to character rights issues - he signed off on these terribly one-sided "in perpetuity" agreements back in the late 90s, which he later admitted to screwing up.
Greg Weisman, the Supervising Producer of Spectacular Spider-man was unable to use the Kingpin on his show due to a rights issue with FOX - which doesn't make any sense if Sony owned the character.
Once they got film rights they be able to use them as they see fit.It's been said they have plans for X-Men and FF In Shared universe.

and there wouldn't be any MS studio if not for thos e so called lopsed deals that lead to X-men and SPider-man films.The sucess of those is what led to marvel being able to get the loans to start making thier own films.

even Kevin feige has said they wouldn't be where they are today If not for first X-men.He called It and first Iron man the most important marvel films.

Since avi ard was former head of marvel and who also happened to set in motion marvel studios as their own compnay I think what he has said Is Impotant.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #28
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Once they got film rights they be able to use them as they see fit.It's been said they have plans for X-Men and FF In Shared universe.
Have you actually reviewed the contracts? Or are you just making an "assumination"? FOX can have all the plans they want, but it won't matter if it represents a breach of existing contracts.

Quote:
and there wouldn't be any MS studio if not for thos e so called lopsed deals that lead to X-men and SPider-man films.The sucess of those is what led to marvel being able to get the loans to start making thier own films.

even Kevin feige has said they wouldn't be where they are today If not for first X-men.He called It and first Iron man the most important marvel films.
All true - and doesn't negate the fact that they were very bad deals for Marvel.

Quote:
Since avi ard was former head of marvel and who also happened to set in motion marvel studios as their own compnay I think what he has said Is Impotant.
David Maisel set in motion Marvel Studios and the MCU. Avi Arad was against self-financing motion picture projects and quit as studio chairman, to be replaced by Maisel.

Zarex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #29
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Avi arad was still credited as producer of both iron man and Incredible Hulk so
he had something to do with them.

You really think Fox and Mark Millar would be talking about crossovers If their opotion didn't allow It.

Fox and sony only own live action film rights.

X-men evolution,Wolverine and the X-Men,X-Men anime,and Wolverine anime all made by marvel.wolverine has been even been In Hulk VS and cameod on
Avengers:Earth's mightest heroes.Spider-man has also been on that avengers
show.

I don't like any corporations.Due to my politics i hate Rupert murdock who own fox,I don't have much love for disney eather.And marvel caused stan Lee to have to sue them to get some profits from characters he co-created in films and I don't like what has tranferred In COmics due to Joe Quesdas as editor in chief,and he now has a even higher place in compnay.Remember him
be responable for negating years of spider-man contunity.I blame him for what I consider bad decsions that came around because of grant morrison's run on NEw X-Men.

Apart from my disliking the filmmakers seeming want to prefer ultimate versions over 616 versions

1:Fox has earned my postive reaction over making X-Men,X2,first Class,and the Wolverine
2:marvel has earned my skeptism over Iron Man 2,Thor,Captain America,and
Especilly Iron Man 3.I am not even getting into their animated department
3:The fantastic four reboot could be crap,especilly If it's mostly ultimate FF,
but it could be good too.WB owns DC comics and I wasn't exactly thrilled with
Man of steel

Old 08-01-2013, 05:10 PM   #30
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Of course I am making an assumption - the same assumption people are making when they assume that these two separate character families can be crossed over without Disney's approval. Disney/Marvel can raise the argument, in court if necessary, that they did not sell the character families with the intention of their being merged, and that doing so has the potential to harm their future viability as separate entities.
My own assumption would be that a crossover should not pose a problem.

Here's my reasoning: There have been comic book miniseries featuring X-Men and Fantastic Four together. Dr Doom was the villain in an X-Men comic story. Storm has been a member of Fantastic Four. Wolverine featured in one temporary line-up of Fantastic Four. Mr Fantastic and Susan Storm have a child who is a mutant (Franklin) and who featured in X-Men stories including Days of Future Past. Thus, there is already precedent for crossover in the source material.

Any cinematic crossover would be way down the line, in any case. First they need to successfully reboot the Fantastic Four for at least a couple of films before considering a crossover adventure with some/all of X-Men.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:45 PM   #31
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
Galactus could be the treat that pulls them all together
Yup!

And imagine if Doctor Doom and Magneto team-up, that could be insanely good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
That was my idea in 2006, when we had The Last Stand movie. I wrote a plot about it to X-Men 4: Mutant Massacre at other forum. Looks like psylockolussus was there too, and he liked it.
I didn't read your plot about your X4.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:26 AM   #32
:eek:
Side-Kick

Quote:
Seeing as after DOFP they are trying to make a universe to rival the MCU, what can and should FOX do to make it work? How could they tie in the F4 reboot?
There was a story called Days of Future Present that was sort of a sequel to Days of Future Past. And the sequel featured both X-Men and Fantastic Four. Who knows, maybe they'll use this story for a crossover movie, if they ever make one

Old 08-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #33
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I think a X-Men/Fantastic Four team-up film could only rival the appeal of Avengers. Not in terms of box-office performance, but the appeal of superheroes from separate franchises working together.

Even if DOFP is a mash-up of the OT/FC cast, people easily saw the films from those two casts as X-Men films. Then if X-Force is gonna work with the X-Men in the future, people will just see it as the X-Men spin-off working with the main X-Men team.

Old 08-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #34
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Wrote this in the FF forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
The X-Men have always had trouble fitting into the Marvel universe as a whole. It takes a certain level of suspense of disbelief to accept the fact that, in a world inhabited by so many superheroes that were not born with powers, people born with powers are discriminated towards and not accepted by society. Sure that there are ways to make it work - i.e. the Stan Lee approach or the "we fear them because they will take over the human race" approach - but if in the X-Men comics themselves, it seems that mutants are feared for the most part simply because they have powers. The same argument could be applied to the mutates. On top of that, the X-Men universe at large is almost about the same size as the rest of the Marvel universe and whenever there is a big Marvel Universe event, the X-Men seem to be excluded for the most part other than Wolverine and a few other mutants. Same thing applies to the rest of Marvel whenever there is a big global X-Men event.

Like I said, there are ways to make the X-Men believably coexist with the rest of Marvel but I don't see Fox being able to pull it off especially with a property as lighthearted as the Fantastic Four.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:36 PM   #35
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

With the FF reboot being development right now, I don't see why it would be impossible.

Its not like they are integrating the FF world featuring Jessica Alba and the actors we saw in FF/FFROTSS into the world of the X-Men. The world of Fantastic Four hasn't been established yet since its being rebooted right now.

Old 08-11-2013, 10:52 PM   #36
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
With the FF reboot being development right now, I don't see why it would be impossible.

Its not like they are integrating the FF world featuring Jessica Alba and the actors we saw in FF/FFROTSS into the world of the X-Men. The world of Fantastic Four hasn't been established yet since its being rebooted right now.
The thing is that I don't trust Fox with properly merging X-Men and the FF together.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:57 PM   #37
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Oh well. You just have to wait if FOX can deliver a good team-up movie. If the reboot is done right and the team-up is done right. You will be thanking FOX for not giving the rights to Marvel Studios. At the end of the day, film-making is a business especially to FOX's executives. Even if they don't release not so great films, as long as they are getting their money back, they will continue to release films. And obviously, they still have confidence with the Fantastic Four.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #38
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

F4 potential can't be maximised in the grounded X-Verse. They might change several aspects of the team to better fit the existing universe.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:13 PM   #39
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

And they might be doing that.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #40
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
And they might be doing that.
I'm beginning to wonder if Fox is right to go forward with more F4 movies. They might be better to exchange the rights for X-Men merchandising and TV rights and focus on them instead.

Depends what Singer has in mind for that crossover movie he mentioned. Did he mean including Fantastic Four?

I guess it all depends how Fox's F4 reboot performs.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #41
kasjan
Side-Kick

If Disney (Marvel) doesn't want too cooperate with others, f... them.
Webb talked about big universe, and wanted cooperate with FOX. How about Osborn's Dark X-Men.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #42
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
F4 potential can't be maximised in the grounded X-Verse. They might change several aspects of the team to better fit the existing universe.
I was thinking Jean should return, evolve into the Phoenix Force and the F4 encounter her in space. She mutates them similar to Magneto's machine...tying in the scene from X1...

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #43
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
If Disney (Marvel) doesn't want too cooperate with others, f... them.
Webb talked about big universe, and wanted cooperate with FOX. How about Osborn's Dark X-Men.
Wrong. Webb talked about the possibility of a spin-off movie e.g Venom to help advance the main series's timeline. He mentioned that he would like to see a Spidey/Avengers crossover following JW's comment saying that Sony/Marvel have a much better relationship than with FOX. He then mentioned that should the two companies want to work together he'd "make it work"

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 08-13-2013, 02:08 PM   #44
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

I really don't see the point of FOX having F4 if they are just going to change them to fit the X-Verse. A massive universe where SONY,DISNEY and FOX work together would be the best thing since sliced bread.

Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 08-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #45
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Only if Scarlet Witch somehow opens portals to parallel universes or something. There's no way mutants exist alongside the Avengers

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #46
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

But disney may not want to work with any other studio.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:44 PM   #47
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

They also worked with Sony, with the Oscorp Tower attempt...

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #48
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Depends what Singer has in mind for that crossover movie he mentioned. Did he mean including Fantastic Four?

I guess it all depends how Fox's F4 reboot performs.
He didn't reveal it.

Old 08-13-2013, 10:12 PM   #49
Loki882
Side-Kick

Franklin and Valeria Richards are both Mutants, so there is that connection if Fox wants to explore it.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:07 AM   #50
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
They also worked with Sony, with the Oscorp Tower attempt...
There is a Spidey Easter Egg on Item 47

Avvy by OriginalMiles