3/6 15 19.74%
2/6 2 2.63%
1/6 2 2.63%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #76
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

Default Re: X-Men movie franchise overall ranking

Where's the option for 0! Not that I need it!

1) X2
2) TW
3) X
4) X:FC
------------------
5) X:TLS
------------------
6) XO:W

MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:34 AM   #77
magneto23
Side-Kick

1. X2- Outstanding. There really isn't any significant flaw I can pinpoint outside of not enough Cyclopes. But that's more of a fanboy nitpicking complaint than it is a flaw with the film.

2. FC- Strong throughout. Completely different feel to the previous X-films and came off fresh. Charles/Erik dynamic was awesome. Secondary characters weren't fleshed out enough and didn't contribute much which brings it down a notch.

3. X1- pretty good. Nice introduction to the world. Hasn't aged that well though.

4. TW- Little overrated around these parts IMO. The final showdown was just plain bad. The SS reveal fell flat and the entire Viper character was unnecessary. But it wasn't a bad movie. The first 2/3 was really well done.

5. X3- What a disappointing colossal fu#k up. They could have done a dark Phoinix story or a cure story. But they decided to do a half a$$ version of both??? In only 1 hr 50 min??? And they killed Xavier, Cyclopes, and Jean??? And treated the Rouge character so poorly they might have well of just killed her off too. Bad movie with highlights that are few and far between.

6. XOW- I thought Victor/Sabertooth was really good. Outside of that it was a pos movie IMO.

magneto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:16 AM   #78
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Wow, TW crawled to your #1 spot, eh? Nice!
Yeah, having re-watched all the films again it is just ahead of X2. I probably should qualify my decision though as I am a Wolverine fan first and an Xmen fan second. It was wolverine that actually got me into Xmen, not the other way around!! So some will claim bias and I hold my hand up to that.

I think for me it helps that TW just focuses on one character and this time they actually nailed his character. The other films, even X2, suffer from some characters not being fully explored or developed because of a lack of time (Logans fault in some cases!). Its not the fault of the film it happens in any film with so many characters in it, look at Hawkeye and BW in Avengers, some always get pushed to the background.

To be honest I think you can throw a blanket over X2, First Class and TW. They are all slightly different from each other but all offer something great in the genre and then it just comes down to personal preference.

I hope DoFP can top the lot though

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:18 AM   #79
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
Where's the option for 0! Not that I need it!
didn't include since only haters would use it

CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #80
Mars123
Side-Kick

So I can officially include TW in my overall ranking order.

I felt the wolverine was a good movie. I thought it was a more mature wolverine, and really bought out a lot of new emotions of wolvie which we haven't scene. I loved seeing famke, but a small part of me felt sorry for cyclops as this practically S*** all over him and her relationship. Some of the sub plots were boring and viper was purely a means to an end and wasn't necessary and IMO her costume didnt fit the film and looked too comics.

So my overall ranking.

1. X2 - still my upmost favourite in the series, it has great character arcs, development and use of powers, and really displays the full force of the xmen characters. EXCELLENT.

2. X1 - maybe a little dated, but it kicked of the whole franchise and love the relationships between, rogue/wolverine and xavier/Charles. And of course storm and the elevator. VERY GOOD.

3. FC - a very good look and freshen up the entire series. VERY GOOD.

4. TW - best solo outing, more mature and developed script, worth watching purely for the mid credit scene. GOOD.

5. X3. - love the action, loved beast, kitty. Fun. There are problems, but purely for enjoyment Id say GOOD.

6. XO:W - loved opening prologue of seeing all the battle of wolverine and like seeing his past, issues around the continuity crop up a lot on this film, and some ridiculous moments.
Rating - O.K.

Mars123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #81
xrs13
Cold as ice

I think I would say the exact same as you on that.

xrs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #82
NJCaliboi
Side-Kick

I guess a scale gives more weight than good/bad so:

X1: 7-
X2: 9
X3: 7
Origins: 3-
FC: 8+
Wolverine: 8+

1-10 scale

NJCaliboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #83
Thoix
Side-Kick

1. X2: X-Men United - 9/10
2. X-Men: First Class - 9/10
3. X-Men - 8/10
4. The Wolverine - 7/10
5. X-Men: The Last Stand - 6/10
6. X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 5/10

Excellent - 2
Great - 1
Good - 1
Decent - 1
Average - 1

Overall: 7/10, Good

Thoix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #84
xwolverine2
Arkham Assassin

it's a franchise that's constantly trying different things... so there's bound to be failures and incredible successes..

x-men was the first dark ensemble comic book film grounded in reality.... and x2 was the standard for comic book sequels.

first class was very different as well... even The Wolverine was too.

Wolverine Origins (and even x3) went alittle generic and it cost them

Old 08-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #85
YavinIV
Newbie First Class

X1: Okay-ish. It took a while until I realised that I had secretly fallen in love with the film. I still think it's only okay mainly because...for me personally it just is. I love X-Men and I love it because of X1...yet... not the best film I have ever seen.

X2: Okay-ish. Again, I love the film but in comparison to other films it is only average entertainment.

X3: Pretty much the same as the previous ones.

First Class: Refreshing! Brighter (literally!), better actors (even though Sir Stewart and Sir McKellen belong to my favourite actors I didn't find their performance in the X-Men films convincing...), a whole new feeling! FC re-introduced me to X-Men and made me appreciate the other films even more!

Origins: I loved it. I considered it better than X1-X3, plus it made me start to like Wolverine.

TW: Not so sure yet.. but I think I like it slightly better than Origins..

YavinIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:01 PM   #86
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

^^^ Just curious, when you say First Class had better actors, aside from McAvoy and Fassbender, who else are better actors in that movie? Off the top of my head, maybe you're thinking of JLaw, but this was not her best role, imo.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:30 AM   #87
YavinIV
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
^^^ Just curious, when you say First Class had better actors, aside from McAvoy and Fassbender, who else are better actors in that movie? Off the top of my head, maybe you're thinking of JLaw, but this was not her best role, imo.

I love JLaw, right, but I am mainly thinking of - as you said - Fassbender, McAvoy, Bacon AND the lovely man who played Azazel, Jason Flemyng.
I loved Bacon in the film because his acting came off so playful and natural. Even though Azazel had only a minor role, I still enjoyed every single bit we saw of him. I really believed that I was seeing characters and not actors. Personally, I thought that the acting in the trilogy came off as unnatural...or forced, if you like. JLaw..mneeh, I really do love her but I am generally more a fan of her as a person than as an actress :P

YavinIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #88
Tehmeh
Everybody likes bewbs

Finally saw the Wolverine.

1) X2
2) TW
3) X1
4) FC

...and that's it for me. All very good movies. X2 is still my favorite and the best superhero movie for me, but Wolverine and X1 are pretty close. I may lean on towards one or the other eventually. Right now I just need to see Wolverine many more times.

And yes, I did like the mid-credits scene. Oh, how old Magneto and Xavier warm my heart. Bring it on, Singer. I trust you, you little lovable bastard.

Tehmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #89
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by YavinIV View Post
I love JLaw, right, but I am mainly thinking of - as you said - Fassbender, McAvoy, Bacon AND the lovely man who played Azazel, Jason Flemyng.
I loved Bacon in the film because his acting came off so playful and natural. Even though Azazel had only a minor role, I still enjoyed every single bit we saw of him. I really believed that I was seeing characters and not actors. Personally, I thought that the acting in the trilogy came off as unnatural...or forced, if you like. JLaw..mneeh, I really do love her but I am generally more a fan of her as a person than as an actress :P
I...hated...Bacon as Shaw. It just seemed like Kevin Bacon in a blazer. And Flemyng just looked like Nightcrawler in red make-up.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:34 PM   #90
Loki882
Side-Kick

Azazel looked like his comic version to me, plus he is Kurt's father. Kevin Bacon isn't like John Wayne, Bacon actually plays different characters. He was a fantastic Bond villain with superpowers.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote