The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers World

Old 08-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #101
Blade X
Side-Kick

Default Re: Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. cartoon

The first episode is up online. Check it out before they take it down at the end of the day.

http://watchdisneyxd.go.com/marvels-...struction-pt-1

Blade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #102
SavageBubba

Watched the first two episodes this morning and I liked them. Its off to a good start. But I did think A Bomb was a little over the top and didn't care for the characters talking to the camera/breaking the 4th wall. Other than that it looks like a promising show.

SavageBubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:08 PM   #103
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I liked the premiere especially with Annihilus being the villain and starting with Rick Jones' transformation into A-Bomb.

Looking forward to learning more about Skaar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy313 View Post
From the press release of ultimate spider-man season 3 this show is definately canceled course the creative team on the show have moved on to spider-man which also means that MOA are not involved and are only working on avengers assemble. And many people of AMHS are now involved with USM.

http://www.toonzone.net/2013/07/thir...s-onto-disney/
Also to prove how much of a lie this is, Man of Action never worked on Agents of SMASH.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:30 AM   #104
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I liked the premiere especially with Annihilus being the villain and starting with Rick Jones' transformation into A-Bomb.

Looking forward to learning more about Skaar.

Also to prove how much of a lie this is, Man of Action never worked on Agents of SMASH.
Hey what the hell are you talking about?

And I want you to read it again carefully and see that it states that I said Paul Dini and co have moved to season 3 of US and that MOA are not involved with season 3 of US I did not say Agent of Smash.

what lie am I talking about?

bigdaddy313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #105
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

That the show is definitely canceled. And Man of Action not being involved, which means nothing really.

- CM Punk
Old 08-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #106
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

Quote:
That the show is definitely canceled. And Man of Action not being involved, which means nothing really.
I think the show is canceled due to things that are happening, if it isn't fine, but the team of smash have moved to US season 3 which could indicate that the show is finished, unless the switched teams.

And I told you it's a theory you take it or you don't, so let it go.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:58 PM   #107
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Henry Gilroy is the show's story supervisor and he's not working on Ultimate Spider-Man or Avengers Assemble. Your theory is wrong.

- CM Punk
Old 08-13-2013, 02:38 AM   #108
Scar Predator
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

I was shocked at how good the first two eppys were. Hulk isn't a mindless brute or a pre-teen who only wants to fight and eat. This incarnation seemed closer to the Professor than the Savage Hulk. It's about time.

On the flip side, A-bomb's schtick is going to grow old in a hurry as are some of the corny elements. Let's hope those are toned down as the show progresses.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:34 AM   #109
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Fair warning, not really. A-Bomb is essentially the comic relief throughout the show. In a future episode they go to the Savage Land and meet Devil Dinosaur.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Devil Dinosaur becomes A-Bomb's and the group's pet.

I enjoyed the episode though since it had Sauron and he was a great villain in the story.

- CM Punk
Old 08-13-2013, 06:56 AM   #110
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

Quote:
Henry Gilroy is the show's story supervisor and he's not working on Ultimate Spider-Man or Avengers Assemble. Your theory is wrong.
Who said Henry is working on assemble and what is this then explain?

The award-winning creative team consists of executive producers: Alan Fine (“Marvel’s The Avengers,” “Iron Man,” “Thor”), Dan Buckley (“The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes,” “Marvel’s Avengers Assemble”), Joe Quesada (“Marvel’s Avengers Assemble”) and Jeph Loeb (“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”); co-executive producers: Stan Lee (“Spider-Man”), Eric Radomski (“Spawn”) and Cort Lane (“The Super Hero Squad Show”); creative consultant: Paul Dini (“Batman: The Animated Series,” “Lost”); consulting producer: Brian Michael Bendis (visionary behind Marvel’s Ultimate Comics Spider-Man series); story editor: Eugene Son (“The Super Hero Squad Show”); supervising director: Alex Soto (“Teen Titans”); and supervising producers: Cort Lane (“The Super Hero Squad Show”), Henry Gilroy (“Star Wars: The Clone Wars”) and Dana Booton (“The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes”).

Old 08-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #111
Human Torch
I Can't Dance

I'm more a fan of the Savage Hulk,so I knew right off this wasn't going to be my cup of tea.Not awful,just "meh".

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:05 AM   #112
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

The scene where Hulk tells Red Hulk to make up his mind and hits Skaar has music from Hulk vs. Thor. I think the scene in Hulk Vs. Thor is when Hulk lifts up the wooden log right before he smashes Hogun down.

Edit: I think there's a lot of recycled music from Hulk vs Thor and EMH in this show.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 08-14-2013 at 12:20 AM.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:43 AM   #113
Scar Predator
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Fair warning, not really. A-Bomb is essentially the comic relief throughout the show. In a future episode they go to the Savage Land and meet Devil Dinosaur.
Eh, that was just wishful thinking on my part. I doubted it would actually come to pass.

Wow...Devil Dinosaur, back from obscurity. He made an appearance on SHS, was referenced on Ultimate Spidey, and now he's going to be on this show. I wouldn't have guessed that a few years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
The scene where Hulk tells Red Hulk to make up his mind and hits Skaar has music from Hulk vs. Thor. I think the scene in Hulk Vs. Thor is when Hulk lifts up the wooden log right before he smashes Hogun down.

Edit: I think there's a lot of recycled music from Hulk vs Thor and EMH in this show.
I'm going to have to do that comparisons now that you mentioned it. Scores never make an impresson on me, so there's no way I would have caught that.

However, I did noticed that Fred Tatasciore voiced the Hulk again. I think this is the 7th different version of the Hulk for which he's provided the vocals, not counting video games.

Old 08-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #114
Venomfan
Side-Kick

the music from the avengers facebook game is also used

Old 08-20-2013, 12:37 AM   #115
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

So far I think the show has been pretty good. It is too bad hardcore fans cannot put aside their hate for Marvel Animation because if they sit and actually watch it, the show is pretty good.

This is pretty much Fred Tatasciore doing Smart Hulk. We talked at D23 how in his mind he sees more of Banner's intellect within this Hulk and he plays that side of him. In the earlier shows he would do, Fred was doing Savage Hulk, and now he's the smarter, more heroic Hulk

The plot with the Leader and Skaar is HEY AN ONGOING PLOT! Something hating fanboys won't admit the show has. Hulk actually has a plan on dealing with Skaar. He's well aware on Skaar's dealings with the Leader, but he's planning to win Skaar over or Skaar will ultimately lead them to the Leader. Hulk being cunning and trying to one-up his attackers who would not expect this of him is cool.

Hulk's reaction to the Hulkbusters was actually very cool and interesting. Hulk does not resent Iron Man for doing it and on some level agrees with it.

- CM Punk
Old 08-27-2013, 12:23 AM   #116
Scar Predator
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
So far I think the show has been pretty good. It is too bad hardcore fans cannot put aside their hate for Marvel Animation because if they sit and actually watch it, the show is pretty good.

This is pretty much Fred Tatasciore doing Smart Hulk. We talked at D23 how in his mind he sees more of Banner's intellect within this Hulk and he plays that side of him. In the earlier shows he would do, Fred was doing Savage Hulk, and now he's the smarter, more heroic Hulk

The plot with the Leader and Skaar is HEY AN ONGOING PLOT! Something hating fanboys won't admit the show has. Hulk actually has a plan on dealing with Skaar. He's well aware on Skaar's dealings with the Leader, but he's planning to win Skaar over or Skaar will ultimately lead them to the Leader. Hulk being cunning and trying to one-up his attackers who would not expect this of him is cool.

Hulk's reaction to the Hulkbusters was actually very cool and interesting. Hulk does not resent Iron Man for doing it and on some level agrees with it.

Those are all good points, Vile. The way I see it, the MCU and DVDs like Planet Hulk are for teens & adults. But Marvel has to make something appropriate for young kids too.

That doesn't mean adults can't look past the corny elements (mainly A-bomb's constant shenanigans) to see the things you mentioned. The fact that viewers are getting to see an older, Professor-like Hulk's thoughts and feelings is a big deal.

Old 12-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #117
Human Torch
I Can't Dance

I just caught the episode with Wolverine.I actually didn't fall asleep during this one,so I guess it was pretty good.