The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #26
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post

I don't like the whole celebrity thing. It takes away from the godly aura.

I don't want the public (in the MCU) to view Thor as "Thor the super hero", I want him to be viewed as "Thor"
I think you're interpreting me too much in the line of that Thor would be like Tony Stark, which is not the only way someone can be famous in (in a positive manner). As my location shows I'm not a native English speaker so perhaps the word celebrity is wrong (or people just associate things with the word that isn't the definition, I don't know) but I meant that he would be known throughout the world. I don't think there's any chance of him actually being treated like a god (although I'd find it funny if people started worshiping him) and him being a part of a superhero group will inevitably make people see him as a superhero in addition to the rest that he is.

As I've shown there's no chance of him being unknown without them just doing a retcon on the last two MCU movies.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:31 PM   #27
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I agree with this mostly. Which is why I don't want him based on Earth stopping bank robberies.
Thor is a little too high on the crime fighting totem pole to be stopping bank robberies unless he's like right there anyway. You don't send SWAT to noise complaints you don't send Thor to domestic violence disputes.

Besides, he's already famous on Asgard, he's royalty he can't be more famous until he becomes king and even then it's not like no one's ever heard of him. He can be a little more...crap I can't think of the word but you know what I'm trying to say. A little more not famous, more blended in, as much as Hunky McHot stuff can blend in. There's a word for that and I know it but I can't think of it and it's driving me insane.

EDIT: Obscure! The word I was looking for was obscure!

Last edited by Sombra112; 08-13-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #28
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
Thor is a little too high on the crime fighting totem pole to be stopping bank robberies unless he's like right there anyway. You don't send SWAT to noise complaints you don't send Thor to domestic violence disputes.

Besides, he's already famous on earth, he's royalty he can't be more famous until he becomes king and even then it's not like no one's ever heard of him. He can be a little more...crap I can't think of the word but you know what I'm trying to say. I little more not famous, more blended in, as much as Hunky McHot stuff can blend in. There's a word for that and I know it but I can't think of it and it's driving me insane.
Thor is definitely famous, I just don't want him being Ultimates Thor. Where he almost seems to desire the attention and makes it worse.

Also, unless something really crazy happens and some scary stuff is left on Earth post-TDW what exactly would Thor being doing on Earth? There are no threats worthy of the Thunderer.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #29
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thor is definitely famous, I just don't want him being Ultimates Thor. Where he almost seems to desire the attention and makes it worse.

Also, unless something really crazy happens and some scary stuff is left on Earth post-TDW what exactly would Thor being doing on Earth? There are no threats worthy of the Thunderer.
I meant to type Asgard there XD! I'm a bit distracted at the moment. And there are no threats that we know of. Who knows what information the movies will bring.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #30
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
I agree with this mostly. Which is why I don't want him based on Earth stopping bank robberies.
You know, I just realized that there really isn’t a known hero within the MCU that actually takes care of that type of situations. Captain America, Iron Man, and any agent of SHIELD primarily deal with international terrorists or power hungry people bent on world domination, and the Hulk doesn’t get involved unless he needs to, whereas Thor works on dealing with cosmic entities.

I wonder if we’ll ever get a hero that isn’t too busy to deal with the everyday crimes and horrors.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #31
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
You know, I just realized that there really isn’t a known hero within the MCU that actually takes care of that type of situations. Captain America, Iron Man, and any agent of SHIELD primarily deal with international terrorists or power hungry people bent on world domination, and the Hulk doesn’t get involved unless he needs to, whereas Thor works on dealing with cosmic entities.

I wonder if we’ll ever get a hero that isn’t too busy to deal with the everyday crimes and horrors.
That guy is too busy selling PS4s.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #32
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:

Kind of like a hero...for hire?

Old 08-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #33
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

On a more serious note, it would be the perfect way to bring the Young Avengers into the fold. I know that is years off, if it ever happened, but imagine it. Especially if you did the Iron Lad attempting to prepare a group of young superheroes for his own return. They could use street level crime as training.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:47 PM   #34
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

I'm guessing any street-level heroes will probably appear first on SHIELD and then spin-off from there.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #35
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Well there is that Shield TV show that's coming up soon. Maybe that will get more into stuff like that.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #36
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I'm guessing any street-level heroes will probably appear first on SHIELD and then spin-off from there.
Yeah, that makes sense. Especially considering they seem to be searching for those who are "Gifted".

Old 08-13-2013, 08:52 PM   #37
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Curious, but how does everyone feel about the fact that the MCU has pretty much been heavily influenced by the actions of Thor and those from his core mythology, where a lot of the MAJOR catalysts and events that have transpired on Earth took place because of things like Odin leaving the Cosmic Cube on Earth, Loki invading Earth with the Chitauri, Thor having made contact with SHIELD thus establishing that there was life out there in the universe, etc.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:54 PM   #38
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Curious, but how does everyone feel about the fact that the MCU has pretty much been heavily influenced by the actions of Thor and those from his core mythology, where a lot of the MAJOR catalysts and events that have transpired on Earth took place because of things like Odin leaving the Cosmic Cube on Earth, Loki invading Earth with the Chitauri, Thor having made contact with SHIELD thus establishing that there was life out there in the universe, etc.
I'm good with this . I have been wondering why the Cube was on earth, I know it was in Cap but I can't remember how it got to earth in the first place.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #39
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

I thought Odin entrusted Earth with the Cube. his mistake believing in humans.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:56 PM   #40
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
I thought Odin entrusted Earth with the Cube. his mistake believing in humans.
Is that how it got there? I don't remember. I've only seen Cap once and that was when it was in theaters.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #41
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

I don't think it is ever outright said. But considering who was hiding it and all the imagery, what I got from the situation that they were an ancient order who worshiped Odin. Perhaps because he proved his "Godliness" and/or saved them at some point. Then at some point he entrusted them with the Cube for whatever reason. Remember, it is "the power of the Gods".

Old 08-13-2013, 09:01 PM   #42
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Speaking of Earth and Odin, I’m assuming that given everything that’s going on in this film, along with how there’s a chance that Frigga might die based on speculation that she dies by fighting with Malekith on Asgard, I guess they’ll probably hold off or not even establish that Thor has a different mother who happens to be the Elder Goddess of Earth.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:02 PM   #43
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Speaking of Earth and Odin, I’m assuming that given everything that’s going on in this film, along with how there’s a chance that Frigga might die based on speculation that she dies by fighting with Malekith on Asgard, I guess they’ll probably hold off or not even establish that Thor has a different mother who happens to be the Elder Goddess of Earth.
They don't even mention his older brothers in the movie. I'm pretty sure in MCU she's his blood mother.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:04 PM   #44
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
In the MCU, Frigga is Thor's mother. Gaea either doesn't exist or isn't his mother.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:05 PM   #45
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
I don't think it is ever outright said. But considering who was hiding it and all the imagery, what I got from the situation that they were an ancient order who worshiped Odin. Perhaps because he proved his "Godliness" and/or saved them at some point. Then at some point he entrusted them with the Cube for whatever reason. Remember, it is "the power of the Gods".
Skull said something about Odin hiding it on Earth. Not that he'd really know for sure, but it makes some sense (albeit a very small amount). Earth kind of seems like the cosmic ghetto from what we learned about in Thor. Maybe not the first place someone like Thanos would have gone looking.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #46
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Skull said something about Odin hiding it on Earth. Not that he'd really know for sure, but it makes some sense (albeit a very small amount). Earth kind of seems like the cosmic ghetto from what we learned about in Thor. Maybe not the first place someone like Thanos would have gone looking.
Thank you.

I love your description of Earth. In the comics, New York is the center of all space and time.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #47
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
They don't even mention his older brothers in the movie. I'm pretty sure in MCU she's his blood mother.
Quote:
In the MCU, Frigga is Thor's mother. Gaea either doesn't exist or isn't his mother.
Indeed; hell, Sif and Heimdell are supposed to be siblings, and we have no Balder in sight.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #48
Loki882
Side-Kick

In EMH, the reason given for Odin hiding the Casket of Ancient Winters on Earth is because Earth is beneath the interest of most Asgardians and cosmic beings. I think that that is the same reason why Odin hid the cube on Earth in the MCU. Also, Killain also mentions Thor in IM 3, so he is definetely known by this point.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #49
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Indeed; hell, Sif and Heimdell are supposed to be siblings, and we have no Balder in sight.

I don't know why they decided to make them not related. They look so alike they could easily be sibs

Old 08-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #50
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
I wish they had kept that relationship. It would have been simple to make them adopted siblings imo.

And yeah no Balder man.