The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #426
xrs13
Cold as ice

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

I think it is good that singer isnt trying to use all of the characters from fc, it at least means they wont try to flesh them out within 5 mins each

Old 08-11-2013, 09:51 PM   #427
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

I wanted Emma Frost to return .

I actually had a dream other day about watching DOFP and it had Moira and Emma.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 08-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #428
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I wanted Emma Frost to return .

I actually had a dream other day about watching DOFP and it had Moira and Emma.
Im not laughing at your pain.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:09 AM   #429
xrs13
Cold as ice

To be fair I kinda liked January Jones Emma. I know people have issue with the whole getting Shaw ice for his drink but I think it was clever because sexism was still big and Shaw had an ego. It would be good to show that being character development into being the ***** she is now. plus she did have that sassy "if both sides have a chance of winning" thing haha (dont take that word for word). Moira will probably be in Scotland and maybe banshee has gone with her... maybe.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #430
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

I agree (except for the ice scene, that was just needless and gratuitous). I thought Emma Frost was well done in X-Men: First Class.

Not the most fleshed out of characters ever, no, but I felt like I was watching Emma Frost for real.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #431
Mystique's Leg
Side-Kick

Yeah, I also didn't mind January's Frost. She was just a side character anyway. I saw potential in her. If there was going to be a FC2, she could've been someone who would constantly switch sides between Magneto and Prof X while taunting young Scott and Jean.

Most people found her stiff and wooden, but I thought she was quite mischievous and cunning in FC as well. It's rather unthankful for an actress to be someone like Emma Frost as she is in the comics, but to me she looked the part.

Old 08-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #432
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
I agree (except for the ice scene, that was just needless and gratuitous). I thought Emma Frost was well done in X-Men: First Class.

Not the most fleshed out of characters ever, no, but I felt like I was watching Emma Frost for real.
This. I really liked her look. The first time I immediately was like "omg this is the character in real life!" for an X-Film was when I saw Emma on screen for the first time.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 08-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #433
The Guard
Side-Kick

Until she started speaking.

Ugh.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 08-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #434
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I think January Jones' portrayal of Emma Frost could have improved so much more if she was given a 2nd chance. I'm really curious to know why Simon/Bryan dumped her character.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 08-13-2013, 01:02 AM   #435
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Until she started speaking.

Ugh.
Touché, touché...

Quote:
*\S/T*
Old 08-13-2013, 01:08 AM   #436
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I think January Jones' portrayal of Emma Frost could have improved so much more if she was given a 2nd chance. I'm really curious to know why Simon/Bryan dumped her character.
Bryan is gay and had no use for January Jones on set?

Old 08-13-2013, 01:11 AM   #437
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

^Bwhahahaha!

Wait no baby making on DOFP?

But wait a minute Halle got preggo. Bryan hit that?! It's all coming together....

Quote:
*\S/T*
Old 08-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #438
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Bryan is gay and had no use for January Jones on set?

Vaughn already went there.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #439
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

Has there been any recent updates on whether Famke is coming back for DOFP? I remember seeing that a stunt double for Famke was credited on IMDB, and then I heard it was changed to Trololololo or something, but now it says Famke again. I guess this means that she's in?

Old 08-13-2013, 04:50 PM   #440
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke's Bro View Post
Has there been any recent updates on whether Famke is coming back for DOFP? I remember seeing that a stunt double for Famke was credited on IMDB, and then I heard it was changed to Trololololo or something, but now it says Famke again. I guess this means that she's in?
Singer at comic con said cyclops and jean are not in DOFP

I'm not sure you can trust imdb where people can apparently change stuff to say Trolololo

Old 08-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #441
Mars123
Side-Kick

Plus you can trust anyone.... But I'm hoping for a surprise!!

Old 08-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #442
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I don't think it's happening, but I'm hopeful for future movies. I think if they go for an AoA film that you can't do it without them. Also I would just like to see them back in normal X-men movies without it having to be an event film, there is still much to do with those characters (especially Cyclops).

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #443
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Singer at comic con said cyclops and jean are not in DOFP

I'm not sure you can trust imdb where people can apparently change stuff to say Trolololo
Okay, thanks. I didn't know that about IMDB. I thought maybe the studio put trololo or something. You're right.

But then who is that stunt double, Lauren Mary Kim, actually doubling for? Because she is credited as the double for Famke, it shows up on her own profile. Wouldn't her or her agent want this corrected if it's wrong?

Old 08-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #444
darkangel
Side-Kick

Guys I'm 80% sure that Cyclops and Jean Grey will be in the movie as a surpise (cameo?) or smth.
Remember Singer's answer on that: "Who wouldn't, who wouldn't"
Famke keep saying again that she isn't in the movie like she was answering when she was asked if she is in the TW. They are (Famke,Marsden) on secrecy.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #445
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
Guys I'm 80% sure that Cyclops and Jean Grey will be in the movie as a surpise (cameo?) or smth.
Remember Singer's answer on that: "Who wouldn't, who wouldn't"
Famke keep saying again that she isn't in the movie like she was answering when she was asked if she is in the TW. They are (Famke,Marsden) on secrecy.
To be fair just because singer said who wouldn't wanna see them back doesn't mean he will have them come back

Old 08-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #446
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Singer isn't gonna put Cyclops or Jean Grey in the movie if the story doesn't make sense for it.

And since Cyclops and Jean Grey are both dead, the story doesn't make sense for them.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #447
xrs13
Cold as ice

I am trying not to get my hopes up but I do want an end of credits new future scene with them

Old 08-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #448
darkangel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Singer isn't gonna put Cyclops or Jean Grey in the movie if the story doesn't make sense for it.

And since Cyclops and Jean Grey are both dead, the story doesn't make sense for them.
Cyclops had an off screen death so somehow can explain it.
And Jean is the Phoenix, and the Phoenix is all about resurrect from the ashes.
Also the scenes of Jean in TW can help Singer to put Scott and Jean back in the movies,as the fans want them back, remember Jean said "I'm all alone here" and Cyclops maybe was sent in the future.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:31 PM   #449
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Cyclops death is off screen and could potentially be explained away rather easily, but I'm not sure it would be believable for him to turn up for a significant amount of the film before any change in the timeline. I don't think there's nearly enough space in the film to excuse Cyclops turning up before any timeline change. You really need most of a movie to explain that away and make it meaningful imo.

At most I think an epilogue cameo showing him alive in an alternate timeline, but I'm not hopeful that's happening without good reason to suspect so.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:49 AM   #450
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

1.Singer (and most people in this business) lies a lot. That's not my strong argument for Scott/Jean's appearance, but we can't be concrete jsut because Singer said so. If it's a surprise, then it has to be kept that way.

2.Pym-less age of Ultron (to the one that said AoA can't be done without Jean/Scott). Just saying.

Closed Thread