The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:07 PM   #26
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Default Re: Chloe Bennet IS Skye

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:21 AM   #27
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Are we sure Skye is her real name?

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:44 AM   #28
xeno000
Raining hell from above

I've got my fingers crossed that Skye is revealed as an unwitting pawn of dark forces, i.e. HYDRA or AIM. A little truth-seeking bot like her would be easily manipulated by a sinister organization whose goal was to root out and recruit unregistered gifteds before SHIELD could find them. If her back story isn't twisted and more messed up than she realizes I'll be very disappointed.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:58 AM   #29
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
I saw a photo shoot somewhere promoting the show with her photgraphed with Agent Ward where she is wearing the hottest skirt. I can't find it right now but she always looks pretty.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:54 AM   #30
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

I did a little digging, and found out that Chloe's real name is Chloe Wang (her father is Chinese, her mother's American). And she was a pop star in Asia before she became an actress. Here's one of her hit songs:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Definitely looking forward to her in Agents of SHIELD even more right now, since I have a weakness for hot Asian babes who can sing.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:49 AM   #31
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Wasn't that posted months ago? Maybe on another forum. She was on Nashville, too.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #32
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I did a little digging, and found out that Chloe's real name is Chloe Wang (her father is Chinese, her mother's American). And she was a pop star in Asia before she became an actress. Here's one of her hit songs:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Definitely looking forward to her in Agents of SHIELD even more right now, since I have a weakness for hot Asian babes who can sing.
Here's the Chinese version, which still sounds good even if you can't understand it:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

BTW, is Chloe's mother's surname Bennet? Otherwise where does she get it from? And why does she go by that when she has already established herself as a pop star named Chloe Wang?

Last edited by Dark Raven; 09-26-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:17 PM   #33
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Are we sure Skye is her real name?
No we're not. Coulson said that SHIELD knows NOTHING about her, which excited him. Her identity could very well be a running subplot, at least through season 1.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:22 PM   #34
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
No we're not. Coulson said that SHIELD knows NOTHING about her, which excited him. Her identity could very well be a running subplot, at least through season 1.
That's why I think there's something way beneath the surface. 1) She's not a particularly good hacker; 2) Coulson doesn't need a hacker, let alone a not particularly good one. So there's got to be some other reason he works so hard to get her onboard --- maybe even something besides trying to get into her panties. I think she's got *powers,* and Coulson is trying to find out what those powers are, and where "Skye" came from.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:36 AM   #35
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
That's why I think there's something way beneath the surface. 1) She's not a particularly good hacker; 2) Coulson doesn't need a hacker, let alone a not particularly good one. So there's got to be some other reason he works so hard to get her onboard --- maybe even something besides trying to get into her panties. I think she's got *powers,* and Coulson is trying to find out what those powers are, and where "Skye" came from.
If Skye had powers, why would she waste her time being a superhero groupie? I'm sure that Tony Stark never looked twice at her and her sweaty cosplay girl pals outside Stark Tower, if he even saw them. Wouldn't she try to join the Avengers or become a costumed hero herself, if she could? She seems the type who's brainless enough to think being a lone wolf hero would be a smart move, especially in light of the unsolicited advice she gave Mike. Even as it was, by tracking down "unregistered gifteds" with dangerous powers she was going to get herself in trouble soon (like being kidnapped by a man on the verge of exploding).

It seems more likely to me that Coulson recruited Skye to keep her under SHIELD control and shut down her rogue activities. She did manage to get a little information and start broadcasting it, which is the last thing Coulson wants to go on. By roping her in he could use the little skills she does have for his own purposes, keep her out of SHIELD's way and stop her idiotic Mystery Machine broadcasts. Coulson could have done that Ward's way, by having Skye assassinated, but he didn't want to. So Skye is tagging along, at least until she gets killed. (Once she and Ward get to the "kiss" part of their slap-slap-kiss relationship, we can start counting down the days until she takes her dirt nap.)

Old 09-27-2013, 03:35 AM   #36
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

She almost made me want to stop watching.

I never thought that I would want to not watch a MCU SHIELD show in a million years, but she almost brought me to that point.

It felt more out of place than teeny CW actors somehow.

It's either the bad jokes or the bad delivery. Hard to say which.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:29 AM   #37
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
If Skye had powers, why would she waste her time being a superhero groupie? I'm sure that Tony Stark never looked twice at her and her sweaty cosplay girl pals outside Stark Tower, if he even saw them. Wouldn't she try to join the Avengers or become a costumed hero herself, if she could? She seems the type who's brainless enough to think being a lone wolf hero would be a smart move, especially in light of the unsolicited advice she gave Mike. Even as it was, by tracking down "unregistered gifteds" with dangerous powers she was going to get herself in trouble soon (like being kidnapped by a man on the verge of exploding).

It seems more likely to me that Coulson recruited Skye to keep her under SHIELD control and shut down her rogue activities. She did manage to get a little information and start broadcasting it, which is the last thing Coulson wants to go on. By roping her in he could use the little skills she does have for his own purposes, keep her out of SHIELD's way and stop her idiotic Mystery Machine broadcasts. Coulson could have done that Ward's way, by having Skye assassinated, but he didn't want to. So Skye is tagging along, at least until she gets killed. (Once she and Ward get to the "kiss" part of their slap-slap-kiss relationship, we can start counting down the days until she takes her dirt nap.)
Who said she *knew* about her (alleged) superpowers? Lots --- in fact, most --- origin stories revolve around the fact that the hero doesn't even *know* he/she has these abilities. But Coulson seems to have this uncanny knack for sniffing out superheroes, and that may be the angle at play here.

Plus, Ep. 1 intimated that Rising Tide is far more than Skye in her Mystery Machine. In Paris, Coulson says over the headphones to Ward that the guy in the restaurant is Rising Tide, doesn't he?

Old 09-27-2013, 07:44 AM   #38
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Am I the only one that finds her quirkiness appealing?lol

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:00 AM   #39
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Nope. I luh-huvs me some Skye.

Old 09-27-2013, 08:05 AM   #40
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I like the quirkiness as well.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:33 AM   #41
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

She hot I'll admit that, and I'm liking the chemistry between her and Ward, They'll probably be in bed together by episode 10 lol

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #42
Harry_Lime02
Concerned Citizen

Jumping on the Skye love train. She's my early favorite at the moment, other than Coulson. I love her enthusiasm.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:14 PM   #43
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
< Look at my avatar

Quote:
How is she not a good hacker again? And what makes you think Couslon doesn't need one?

Check out this clip, he seems to acknowledge her talent here.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 09-27-2013, 01:24 PM   #44
Rowsdower!
Zoom Zoom Zoom

Quote:
I loved her character. I don't know why some people had such an issue with her geeking out the way that all of us would if superheroes actually existed.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:29 PM   #45
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post

How is she not a good hacker again?
Two guys are able to pinpoint her location in a very short amount of time and arrest her. Plus, *any* hacker knows that you don't hack from *your* computer --- you back-door sometimes through dozens of different computers all over the world so that *if,* god forbid, somebody can trace the hack, they're going to some poor schmuck's laptop in an internet cafe in Amsterdam or some bank teller's PC in Hoboken.

Quote:
And what makes you think Couslon doesn't need one?
SHIELD.
He's got access to the greatest intel agency on the planet; the hell's he need some random hacker for?

Old 09-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #46
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Two guys are able to pinpoint her location in a very short amount of time and arrest her. Plus, *any* hacker knows that you don't hack from *your* computer --- you back-door sometimes through dozens of different computers all over the world so that *if,* god forbid, somebody can trace the hack, they're going to some poor schmuck's laptop in an internet cafe in Amsterdam or some bank teller's PC in Hoboken.

SHIELD.
He's got access to the greatest intel agency on the planet; the hell's he need some random hacker for?
Our government has hired no name hackers plenty of times.

Old 09-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #47
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Because she's a really skilled hacker. Are you watching the same show everyone else is?

Besides, SHIELD doesn't hire people because of who they are, they hire them because of who they have the potential to become.

Old 09-27-2013, 04:03 PM   #48
H.U.S.T.L.E.
Side-Kick

Quote:

Uhhh... I think you're forgetting the part in the episode where they interrogate her - she basically admits she let them find her.

H.U.S.T.L.E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #49
Destructus86
Side-Kick

I think we can expect a big surprise from this character. SHIELD doesn't know who she really is...but Coulson feels like there is something special about her (or else he wouldn't have brought her on the team)

Old 09-27-2013, 04:23 PM   #50
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:

SHIELD.
Well, Coulson wasn't even sure that Skye is her real name, despite having the greatest intel agency in the world. There's a reason why he wants to recruit her because he saw real talent behind her Rising Tide movement, and thought that she'd be an asset to the team.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote