The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 02:49 AM   #76
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
But she is a scientist - maybe some object was projecting gravity waves and she come to look at it but got some unexpected consequences.

As to how it come to earth? Like the cosmic cube in CA - how it come to earth? No one know. Maybe another long forgotten artifact that was left on earth- the non important little world that no one interested in- for safe keeping after the end of elven age.
You know earth is getting a lot of attention for an unimportant realm that no one takes seriously or thinks interesting....

Old 08-14-2013, 02:53 AM   #77
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Oh but people DID know who and about WHEN the cube came.
The book Erik picks up in the Library SHOWS the Cube in Odin's hand as he's coming down the Bifrost.
Quote:
But she is a scientist - maybe some object was projecting gravity waves and she come to look at it but got some unexpected consequences.

As to how it come to earth? Like the cosmic cube in CA - how it come to earth? No one know. Maybe another long forgotten artifact that was left on earth- the non important little world that no one interested in- for safe keeping after the end of elven age.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 08-14-2013, 02:55 AM   #78
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Oh but people DID know who and about WHEN the cube came.
The book Erik picks up in the Library SHOWS the Cube in Odin's hand as he's coming down the Bifrost.
Dude, you know?! I wondered earlier how the Cube got here and why, tell me tell me tell me

Old 08-14-2013, 03:03 AM   #79
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
Dude, you know?! I wondered earlier how the Cube got here and why, tell me tell me tell me
I don't have the Screen capture (I'm at work without the dvd), but in the Library, Erik opens the Norse myths book and there is a drawing of Odin and a few warriors coming down the Bifrost, and in his hand there is the tesseract.
If THAT is drawn in the book then SOMEONE had to know they brought something to Earth. the question is was it before or AFTER the Joutans attacked the Vikings?

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 08-14-2013, 03:04 AM   #80
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
You know earth is getting a lot of attention for an unimportant realm that no one takes seriously or thinks interesting....
Its a common trope. Earth in si-fi is a planet with primitive life and in cosmic scale is unimportant BUT at the same time it is the one that becomes the most important thing in the universe because its inhabitants, no matter how primitive they are, will save that universe in the end. And human protagonist will get to bang the most beautiful alien girl because he is soooo special (yep the same as Thor/Jane but in reverse). Its human arrogance - we are the best in universe and our planet is most important -the end. I may hate it with passion - but like you said - most audience need this trope to relate.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:06 AM   #81
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Its a common trope. Earth in si-fi is a planet with primitive life and in cosmic scale is unimportant BUT at the same time it is the one that becomes the most important thing in the universe because its inhabitants, no matter how primitive they are, will save that universe in the end. And human protagonist will get to bang the most beautiful alien girl because he is soooo special (yep the same as Thor/Jane but in reverse). Its human arrogance - we are the best in universe and our planet is most important -the end. I may hate it with passion - but like you said - most audience need this trope to relate.
Well maybe GotG will make you feel better, yes?

Old 08-14-2013, 03:07 AM   #82
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't have the Screen capture (I'm at work without the dvd), but in the Library, Erik opens the Norse myths book and there is a drawing of Odin and a few warriors coming down the Bifrost, and in his hand there is the tesseract.
If THAT is drawn in the book then SOMEONE had to know they brought something to Earth. the question is was it before or AFTER the Joutans attacked the Vikings?
Maybe thats why the Joutans were attacking the Vikings! Or maybe I missed something in the beginning of Thor...

Old 08-14-2013, 03:13 AM   #83
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Maybe thats why the Joutans were attacking the Vikings! Or maybe I missed something in the beginning of Thor...
I didn't see anything in the battle scene. I'm trying to remember who pointed it out on these boards I swear I have a copy of the image

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 08-14-2013, 03:14 AM   #84
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well maybe GotG will make you feel better, yes?
I do not think so - why do you think Starlord will be so cool and what maces him sooo special? He is half-HUMAN- a child of so romantic star crossed cross species love - its the hunt half that will make him grate- wait and see=).

Old 08-14-2013, 03:15 AM   #85
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
I didn't see anything in the battle scene. I'm trying to remember who pointed it out on these boards I swear I have a copy of the image
It's not that big of a deal I just want something to talk about. I'm bored and lonely.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:15 AM   #86
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
I do not think so - why do you think Starlord will be so cool and what maces him sooo special? He is half-HUMAN- a child of so romantic star crossed cross species love - its the hunt half that will make him grate- wait and see=).
His name is Starlord? Wow...I'm getting more and more concerned about this movie the more I hear about it.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:22 AM   #87
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
His name is Starlord? Wow...I'm getting more and more concerned about this movie the more I hear about it.
Do not wary his actual name is Peter Quill, Star Lord is his nickname.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:29 AM   #88
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Do not wary his actual name is Peter Quill, Star Lord is his nickname.
Oh thank goodness, I was getting worried there. The talking raccoon and weird tree guy were bad enough, I don't think the camel's back could take a main hero named Starlord.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:35 AM   #89
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh thank goodness, I was getting worried there. The talking raccoon and weird tree guy were bad enough, I don't think the camel's back could take a main hero named Starlord.
Are you joking? Please tell me you are joking.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:35 AM   #90
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Found it!

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 08-14-2013, 03:37 AM   #91
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Are you joking? Please tell me you are joking.
I am not even close to joking. And believe me, the rest of the GA will be thinking the same thing.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:39 AM   #92
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Found it!
Awesome! Look you can even see Thor behind him having apparently taken fashion tips from Superman in the underwear department. It's amazing how much detail they put in these movies you don't notice until a while later.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:39 AM   #93
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Found it!
I just popped in my copy to check. So awesome.

Quote:
I am not even close to joking. And believe me, the rest of the GA will be thinking the same thing.

When everyone and their mother loves Rocket, it is going to be great to remember these statements.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:41 AM   #94
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
I just popped in my copy to check. So awesome.

When everyone and their mother loves Rocket, it is going to be great to remember these statements.
I'm not saying I'm never going to like him, I'm saying it'll take a bit of convincing to get people like my mother to watch it when she sees a raccoon with a gun.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:45 AM   #95
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm not saying I'm never going to like him, I'm saying it'll take a bit of convincing to get people like my mother to watch it when she sees a raccoon with a gun.
It is a very simply formula. Cute, cuddly, vulgar.

Oh, and I wouldn't call him a raccoon to his face.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:47 AM   #96
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
It is a very simply formula. Cute, cuddly, vulgar.

Oh, and I wouldn't call him a raccoon to his face.
Yes, he sounds adorable, I can't wait to be a fan.

Now how do you explain the weird azz tree guy?

Old 08-14-2013, 03:54 AM   #97
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
What's there to convince!?

You said it yourself. A raccoon and a gun. Ticket immediately sold!

The fact that he has a larger than life personality along with being completely short fused only adds to the awesome.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Avvy by Kane

Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 08-14-2013, 03:56 AM   #98
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
What's there to convince!?

You said it yourself. A raccoon and a gun. Ticket immediately sold!

The fact that he has a larger than life personality along with being completely short fused only adds to the awesome.
I'm hoping the trailer will be awesome when it comes out because my mom isn't good at stuff like that. I told her there was a Thor forum online and I was reading it and she said 'there's a forum for Thor?' and I had to explain to her that there is a forum for everything and she gave me this look like, 'oh, they must be special'. She doesn't handle things outside of her 'normal' well.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:56 AM   #99
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm not saying I'm never going to like him, I'm saying it'll take a bit of
convincing to get people like my mother to watch it when she sees a raccoon with a gun.
I'm a fan of comic characters of all stripes... But come on people! Rocket is cool but the mass audience may balk big time, and that's not some unfounded fear, it's quite reasonable. It may be a bridge too far.

That being said, IF Rocket is a hit then chances are good that Beta Ray Bill will get some big screen love in the future.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:00 AM   #100
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I'm a fan of comic characters of all stripes... But come on people! Rocket is cool but the mass audience may balk big time, and that's not some unfounded fear, it's quite reasonable. It may be a bridge too far.

That being said, IF Rocket is a hit then chances are good that Beta Ray Bill will get some big screen love in the future.
Krypton! *hugs* I knew you would understand where I was coming from!

Also, I'm open to the raccoon, I'm not totally sold on horse face

Closed Thread