Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #601
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Default Re: The Official Batman TAS Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I really liked The Mechanic episode. Had a lot of shades of Batman Returns in it. The duck vehicle, Penguin controlling the Batmobile, and of course the DeVito style design of Penguin himself.
Also, wasn't it supposed to be a mechanic boy in Batman Returns who would repair the car and become Robin in the end?

Old 08-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #602
Kane52630
Nightcall User

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/582...eries-btas-gif

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 08-14-2013, 02:36 PM   #603
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

For some reason this episode always stuck with me... very enjoyable.

Also... R.I.P. to Henry Polic II. It was a fantastic Scarecrow and he'll be dearly missed.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 08-14-2013, 02:55 PM   #604
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
Also, wasn't it supposed to be a mechanic boy in Batman Returns who would repair the car and become Robin in the end?
Yes. A black guy, too.

- The Joker
Old 08-14-2013, 08:11 PM   #605
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

One of the ****ing Wayans brothers. SW1, I think.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #606
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

I always wished we got more flashback episodes that had that awesome original car that looked liked the ones after Robin was introduced in the 40'.

I can read "I need a new car." with Bale's voice now, haha...

I • N • T • E • R • S • T • E • L • L • A • R
Old 08-14-2013, 09:12 PM   #607
Travesty
TEOL

"Urrrr nurd a nurrr currrrrrr"

Old 08-14-2013, 11:51 PM   #608
Drakepool
Side-Kick

RIP Henry Polic. For what they were going for, he was pretty good as Scarecrow (though I still think Jeffrey Combs and Dino Andrade were better). You will be missed.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:27 AM   #609
newwaveboy87
automatic systematic

I just started up on this series. Some of the episodes on the first two discs are pretty terrible. But a few of the more "realistic" episodes really standout to me and I quite enjoy them - P.O.V. and It's Never Too Late spring to my mind immediately.

But, my good, it took them a while to finally get the correct vibe for the Joker. His first three episodes aren't very good. Having said that, even in the terrible ones I can still point some sequences or tiny moments that really sparkle.

Great series. It's been far too long since I went through the whole run again. God, do I love this show.

As I go deep into the funnel of love

Tumblr

Liz Lemon is my spirit animal
Old 08-15-2013, 12:38 AM   #610
newwaveboy87
automatic systematic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
"Dear friends. . .Today is the day that the clown cried. And he cries not for the passing of one man, but for the death of a dream. The dream that he would someday taste the ultimate victory over his hated enemy. For it was the Batman who made me the happy soul I am today.

How I agonized over the perfect way to thank him for that. Perhaps with a cyanide pie in the face. Or an exploding whoopie-cushion playfully planted in the Batmobile.

But those dreams were dashed by the weaselly little gunsel sitting there in our midst. The cowardly insignificant gonif who probably got lucky when Batman slipped on the slime trail this loser left behind him. This mound of diseased hyena filth who's not fit to lick the dirt from my spats. . . ! But I digress. The time for sorrow has passed. It's time to look to a future filled with smiles. And I'll be smiling again just as soon as we take that man there and slap him in that box there and roll him into that vat of acid there!

. . . Well that was fun! Who's for Chinese?" - The Joker
As I read this, all I can hear is Harley playing that damn toy in the background. I commend you good sir.

One of my favorite Joker moments, moments in general really, during the entire course of the series.

Tumblr

Old 08-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #611
Kane52630
Nightcall User

BTAS Episode: The Man Who Killed Batman

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/584...n-the-animated

Trivia
Quote:
  • The Ace Chemical Plant, where Joker holds Batman's funeral, is the place where, according to several comics continuities, the Joker fell into a vat of toxic waste during his first meeting with the Batman and became who he is today. It appeared in the comics story Batman: The Killing Joke. This was later confirmed in the episode Beware the Creeper.
  • This episode reflects that the animated series has largely adopted the film's version of the Joker's origin. Likewise, in the episode "Dreams in Darkness", Dr. Bartholomew refers to the Joker by his "real name" of Jack Napier, the name given to him in the film.
  • The fight exaggerated by the shadows is perhaps a parody of the darkly lit fights in the opening sequence.
  • The Joker makes a pun on the Latin term "corpus delicti" using the words "batus delecti" while wondering whether or not Batman is actually dead.
  • In his eulogy for Batman, Joker opens with "Dear friends, today is The Day The Clown Cried..." a reference to the shelved Jerry Lewis film.
  • Bruce Timm stated that the idea for the episode came when he and Dini debated on what it would be like if Batman was not present for the majority of the episode. Indeed, it is one of the most-acclaimed episodes of the series.
  • Paul Dini was actually worried that people would think Harley playing Amazing Grace on a kazoo as the coffin containing Sidney is lowered into waste was sacrilegious, but nothing came out of it.
  • The tune was performed by Arleen Sorkin, Harley's voice actress, in one take. In an interview, Dini stated that it was fortunate that Sorkin was able to complete the song in one take, as immediately after that, she and the remainder of the voice cast also broke into uncontrollable laughter, and "we'd have never gotten a second take of it".
  • Sidney's nickname, "Sid the Squid", was apparently popular with the writers at Warner Bros. Animation at the time, as it was also used for one of the enemies of Animaniacs character Slappy Squirrel. It also appeared in the previous episode "Robin's Reckoning" as a past alias of Tony Zucco. The name "Squid" is improvised by Eddie G. when he notices the logo of a company called "Coburn Calamari"; "Killer Coburn" was another of Zucco's aliases.
  • Harley playing the kazoo while the coffin rolls down into the acid is a parody of the funeral for Mr. Spock in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.
  • The idea that the Joker does not want Batman dead and enjoys fighting him time and time again is reminiscent of one often put forward in various DC continuities, most notably in Batman: The Dark Knight Returns and The Dark Knight.
  • In Mark Hamill's introduction for the book "The Joker: A Visual History Of The Clown Prince Of Crime" (2011), he specifically mentioned the scene from this episode where Joker gave Batman's solemn eulogy, casually sent Sid to his death, and then said "Well, that was fun! Who's for Chinese?" Hamill credits both the scene and the line, "Without Batman, crime has no punchline", with being the single most significant moment to him "getting" the character of the Joker. Hamill would perform the eulogy in Star Wars Celebration VI.
  • Harley uses her real name when posing as a lawyer, despite having been arrested already (and thus having the police department know her real name and identity). This hole was possibly made due to her real name, Harleen Quinzel, not being confirmed yet (or perhaps that Harley Quinn was meant to be her real name), thus, the writers used a name that sounded like her alias, which would eventually become her real identity.
  • When Joker pinches Harley's cheek at the funeral scene, her normally blue eyes turn black. They revert back to blue when Joker lets go.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 08-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #612
Kane52630
Nightcall User

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/585...n-the-animated

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 08-17-2013, 11:46 PM   #613
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

One of the best episodes. Joker's eulogy speech is gold.

"Without Batman crime has no punchline". I love how they touched on that angle of Joker finding crime more fun with Batman around.

- The Joker
Old 08-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #614
Kane52630
Nightcall User

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/586...n-the-animated

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 08-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #615
Kane52630
Nightcall User

I thought I would go back and do a couple for Heart of Ice in honor of Michael Ansara

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/586...eries-btas-gif

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 08-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #616
Kane52630
Nightcall User

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/586...eries-btas-gif

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 08-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #617
newwaveboy87
automatic systematic

I'm so totally following you on Tumblr

Tumblr

Old 08-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #618
Kane52630
Nightcall User

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 08-20-2013, 12:44 AM   #619
Kane52630
Nightcall User

BTAS Episode: Zatanna

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/587...ries-more-btas

Trivia
Quote:
  • This and "Night of the Ninja" are the two episodes that show a young Bruce Wayne training.
  • Vincent Schiavelli, who voices Zatara, is one of only five actors from Batman: The Animated Series who also appeared in one of the live-action Batman movies—in his case, Batman Returns.
  • The spiked pit appears to be a tribute to a similar scene from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.
  • Alfred asks whether Bruce last saw Zatanna 10 or 12 years ago, which Bruce seemingly confirms to be the latter or even longer. This gives something of a timeframe for certain events of Bruce's life.
  • At one point, Kane refers to Batman as "Detective". This may or may not be a reference to Ra's al Ghul, who always calls Batman "Detective" and is in this series voiced by David Warner, who uses an accent and manner very similar to Michael York.
  • This is the only episode with two directors, as Dan Riba took over after Dick Sebast's departure.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 08-20-2013, 02:02 AM   #620
Kane52630
Nightcall User

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/587...ries-more-btas

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 08-20-2013, 11:34 PM   #621
newwaveboy87
automatic systematic

I love the complete forest of shade that Alfred throws at Bruce in that scene. Too funny.

Tumblr

Old 08-21-2013, 02:49 AM   #622
howl
thrash beyond death

Michael Ansara and Henry Polic II passed away within a fortnight?! someone's picking off members of the rogue's gallery!

all due respect, rest in peace, gentlemen.

currently listening to the first Fatman on Batman podcast with Paul Dini - nerding out by myself

DAMN YOU, SNYDER
Old 08-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #623
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

I've never seen or heard much from Bob Hastings regarding the show... but from what I have, he doesn't seem to remember much of it.

Here he is at a convention saying that he only did it very recently, about 5 years ago and that he only played the part for about 3 years.

Dude, you played Jim Gordon for the better part of 12 years... surely it's more memorable to you than that?

@6:25

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 08-21-2013, 09:05 PM   #624
Hordakfan
Side-Kick

Been a fan of the show since i was 11 when it first aired and i remembered 22 years ago i was excited when i heard the news from Comicscene and Starlog (Remember those?) about this show as i knew one day since 1989 that there would be an animated show based on Batman. I remembered the pilot episode "On Leather Wings" when it first aired 21 years ago in late August on prime time and didn't disappoint, i would watch/tape the animated show religiously all the time. Even my big brother dug the show as he is a DC fan and would watch it with me sometimes and sometimes my mom and dad would, we dug this show.

I have 35 fave episodes and i'll observe each episode gif to see which one is one of my faves and with my statements on each episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Continuing with my BTAS/TNBA gifs, Episode: Beware the Gray Ghost

Batman: "The Grey Ghost was my hero."
Simon Trent: "So wasn't all for nothing."
My fave episode ever! me and my big brother dug this episode as we knew it was Adam West who was Simon Trent/Grey Ghost's voice as i grew up with reruns of the 60's show 24 years ago and on Nick at night. Who knew the villain was a major geek who resembled Bruce Timm and did anyone else think Grey Ghost looked like a cross between The Shadow and a human version of Darkwing Duck? i always thought so on Darkwing Duck but didn't knew of Shadow until i saw the 94 movie.

Quote:
Continuing with my BTAS/TNBA gifs, Episode: The Cat and the Claw, Part 1

Nice intro and first episode as i consider this episode to be 1 since it's a 2 parter. Did anyone else had a crush on Catwoman here? i always had a crush on her since i read the comics and watched reruns of the 60's show when i was 8 and i thought she looked hot as hell in this show. I also had a crush on Ivy, Harley Quinn and Zantanna, boy i tell you Bruce Timm knows how to make hot toon chicks , hell i even had dirty fantasies about those chicks during my adolescence, LOL. Adrienne Barbeau was perfection playing the voice of the comic book girl of my dreams and Selina looked good blonde in the first 3 seasons yet she also looked great as a brunette. But when i saw this episode, did anyone thought of Michelle Pfeifer when they saw Selina? i did as i was like "Whoa she looks like Michelle Pfeifer' plus Selina had a great body and nice knockers with patootie, LOL.

Did RedClaw reminded anyone of Baroness from GI Joe?

Quote:
Continuing with my BTAS/TNBA gifs, Episode: On Leather Wings

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/tagged/BTAS

My 6th fave episode! this was a great pilot that introduced us to Batman as a sneak preview at prime time and what great animation from TMS this had including that kickass transformation from Kirk to Man-Bat.

Did Kirk Langstorm looked like Kevin Costner to anyone? i always thought of that. And who knew that Beastmaster was his voice and that's cool.

And did anyone noticed that Bullock was voiced by the same short guy from Total Recall and Die Hard 2? his character is almost like the same on Die Hard 2 as he that parking ticket guy.

Man-Bat is one of the coolest monsters in DC's universe and i think he should be a Swamp Thing baddie.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:07 PM   #625
Kane52630
Nightcall User

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/589...ries-more-btas

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Closed Thread