The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Old 08-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #51
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: Which route should they go with Quicksilver's costume?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
I think Evan Peters looks better than both of them.
I'm not gay, but I have to question a person's taste who thinks this

looks better than this

And that's hardly even his best picture. He looks even more swag with facial hair...which it seems like Peters can't even grow.

He looks perfect for Quicksilver. If they just have him look like that with platinum blond hair then he looks like the perfect young Quicksilver.

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 08-14-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:11 PM   #52
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

I agree! As I said they might be evenly matched when it comes to acting but look at the diffrence. Thx for the pics Dentipedia! (Yes I have started to call you that)

Mightyally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #53
marcvader
Lurker #1

This Peters guy always looks goofy to me in the pictures I've seen so far.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #54
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
I agree! As I said they might be evenly matched when it comes to acting but look at the diffrence. Thx for the pics Dentipedia! (Yes I have started to call you that)
I'm cool with that.

And not only that, look at this. Yes I can see this working. They even have the same mouth. Only problem is Saoirse has a scottish accent.

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 08-14-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #55
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Have you heard Jackman talk? Some actors donīt even give us a hint they have a accent.

Yeah she is perfect. Can she act good enough? Is she on the same or at least almost on the same level as Aaron?

Old 08-14-2013, 05:46 PM   #56
marcvader
Lurker #1

The only issue if any I have with her is she looks soo waspy for the likes of Wanda.

Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 08-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #57
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Have you heard Jackman talk? Some actors donīt even give us a hint they have a accent.

Yeah she is perfect. Can she act good enough? Is she on the same or at least almost on the same level as Aaron?
I think the twins are supposed to be English per the SHH report, so since they come from the same place their accents should be similar. It would be weird to have twins with one having a northern British accent and the other a Scottish accent. So I hope (if Ronan is ultimately cast) she can pull off an English accent.

As for her acting...she's better than Aaron imo. She was the youngest actress ever to be nominated for an Academy Award.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
The only issue if any I have with her is she looks soo waspy for the likes of Wanda.
She doesn't really look like Wasp to me at all. She looks far more elegant than a Janet-type character...which is exactly how Wanda should be.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #58
Wine-N-Cheese
Side-Kick

Yeah, Ronan's a better actor than Johnson, but I don't see how Ronan is, in any way, similar to Wanda, other than them both being women. Anyway, it's already been confirmed that she's NOT up for the role. And she's Irish, not Scottish.

Wine-N-Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:44 PM   #59
marcvader
Lurker #1

Lol. Not waspy as in the Wasp. Waspy as in white anglo saxon protestant opposed to having darker features.

Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 08-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #60
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wine-N-Cheese View Post
Yeah, Ronan's a better actor than Johnson, but I don't see how Ronan is, in any way, similar to Wanda, other than them both being women. Anyway, it's already been confirmed that she's NOT up for the role.
Her not being in talks at that time and her never being up for the role are two different things. The only name we've heard in connection to Wanda from a credible source is her's, and she said she'd be down for it. It's just when she was asked again she said she thought it was just internet stuff because she wasn't in actual talks for the role at that point. It seems like they're focusing on casting one at a time, since Quicksilver is all we're hearing about.

As for her being nothing like Wanda...there's a reason Joss prototyped Wanda after Ronan (as reportde by SHH). Deep blue eyes, and elegant young beauty. If I had to cast a 19-20 year old Wanda Saoirse would be on my list.

Quote:
And she's Irish, not Scottish.
Yes I just realized I kept calling her Scottish for some reason. I think because I've been watching too much Tennant Doctor Who.

Quote:
Lol. Not waspy as in the Wasp. Waspy as in white anglo saxon protestant opposed to having darker features.
Oh lol. Well, the twins are going to be British in this...so there you go.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #61
Wine-N-Cheese
Side-Kick

There was (supposedly) a source, not necessarily a credible source, and the British thing was just conjecture on the part of the article's author, because Ronan was from the UK. If they were looking at Ronan, they would have contacted her already, and she wouldn't have shut down that rumour so quickly.

As for her looks, Wanda has had green eyes since '97 (though, they're colouring it brown now). They were blue prior to that, but just about everybody had blue eyes then because it was easier for the colourists. I won't comment on "elegant beauty" because that's somewhat subjective.

But regardless of how she appears in comics, we really shouldn't shrug off racebending. I realise there may be difficulty in finding a young Romani actors, but I hope they're at least looking at some darker toned actors. It's a bigger issue than just accuracy to source material.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #62
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Uh, no. You may want to read the article again. It wasn't the author's conjecture, they stated as fact that they were looking for British actors.

Quote:
There are probably a lot of thoughts about who should be cast in these roles and how they should be portrayed, but we've learned that Marvel and Joss definitely have a few ideas already and one of them is that the duo are going to be younger than the rest of the team.

Although Joss is still writing and probably not ready to send anything out to actors, for the two roles, they're generally looking for actors in their 20s and we've heard word that the "prototype" for their Scarlet Witch is none other than Irish actress Saoirse Ronan. Except something to note is that they're going "British" for the role rather than trying to have actors playing Eastern Europeans.

As it happens, Ronan just turned 19 last month and she will be turning 20 sometime during the time they would be filming the movie next year though she's also already been playing more mature roles. If she is Marvel's "prototype" for Wanda, why wouldn't Marvel just outright make an offer to Ronan once they have a script done? Ronan has those mesmerizing eyes that would be perfect for the Scarlet Witch, too.

As far as Wanda's brother Pietro--now we're assuming they're going to use the same first names from the comics even though they're played as British---he's only described as being "euro" and "edgy," but there are plenty of British actors in their 20s who could fit that bill. Come on SHH readers, what actor could hold their own against Ms. Ronan? Please don't mention either of the actors from The Host, though.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...-a-quicksilver

Considering that they did end up in talks with a young British actor for Quicksilver, I think it's safe to say that the article wasn't BS and the source was legit. As for Ronan shooting it down, she did that before Joss had finished the script and they weren't really in talks with any actors. Even with Aaron there weren't reports of him being in talks/Marvel's first choice until after Joss said he had finished the script back in June or early July. There haven't been any interviews with her since then so it's impossible to know where it's standing at now. And like I said it seems like they're casting Quicksilver first and then movie on to Scarlet Witch considering we haven't heard anything about her.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #63
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I'm not gay, but I have to question a person's taste who thinks this

looks better than this

And that's hardly even his best picture. He looks even more swag with facial hair...which it seems like Peters can't even grow.

He looks perfect for Quicksilver. If they just have him look like that with platinum blond hair then he looks like the perfect young Quicksilver.
LOL I was being facetious mostly. But he does have more "swag" than Johnson IMO see American Horror Story the first season and maybe that's why I think he may look better. Arron I see as his Kick-Ass squeaky voiced character so I'm a bit jaded by their characters pre conceived notions also. Off camera yeah I agree on camera one is more charming than the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #64
marcvader
Lurker #1

Wasnt Johnson discussing accents in one interview?

Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 08-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #65
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
LOL I was being facetious mostly. But he does have more "swag" than Johnson IMO see American Horror Story the first season and maybe that's why I think he may look better. Arron I see as his Kick-Ass squeaky voiced character so I'm a bit jaded by their characters pre conceived notions also. Off camera yeah I agree on camera one is more charming than the other.
Have you seen Johnson in Savages? Now that's what I call swag.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #66
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Have you seen Johnson in Savages? Now that's what I call swag.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
I guess I would have to watch it. He comes off like a little brother to me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:29 PM   #67
Wine-N-Cheese
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Uh, no. You may want to read the article again. It wasn't the author's conjecture, they stated as fact that they were looking for British actors.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...-a-quicksilver

Considering that they did end up in talks with a young British actor for Quicksilver, I think it's safe to say that the article wasn't BS and the source was legit. As for Ronan shooting it down, she did that before Joss had finished the script and they weren't really in talks with any actors. Even with Aaron there weren't reports of him being in talks/Marvel's first choice until after Joss said he had finished the script back in June or early July. There haven't been any interviews with her since then so it's impossible to know where it's standing at now. And like I said it seems like they're casting Quicksilver first and then movie on to Scarlet Witch considering we haven't heard anything about her.
I didn't say the article was complete BS, but I'm not going to trust it. Though I'll admit that I may have misread "Except something to note is that they're going "British" for the role rather than trying to have actors playing Eastern Europeans" as an assumption.

Either way, I think you need to get over the idea having Ronan as Scarlet Witch already. SHH "heard word that" Ronan was a "prototype" (which is still a bit wtf??? to me), nothing about casting. Plus, don't you think Ronan's agent would have inquired about the role when the rumor came about, and that's why she shut it down? And why would Whedon be meeting with actresses, rather than just contacting Ronan directly, like they did Johnson?

Old 08-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #68
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:

Wanda is only part romani; on her mother's side. her dad's a fairly waspish-looking polish jew.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:51 PM   #69
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
Wanda is only part romani; on her mother's side. her dad's a fairly waspish-looking polish jew.
Sure but she's always been depicted as looking like she took after her mom and her brother like her dad. They looked distinctly different to each other in that respect.

Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 08-14-2013, 11:05 PM   #70
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wine-N-Cheese View Post
I didn't say the article was complete BS, but I'm not going to trust it. Though I'll admit that I may have misread "Except something to note is that they're going "British" for the role rather than trying to have actors playing Eastern Europeans" as an assumption.

Either way, I think you need to get over the idea having Ronan as Scarlet Witch already. SHH "heard word that" Ronan was a "prototype" (which is still a bit wtf??? to me), nothing about casting. Plus, don't you think Ronan's agent would have inquired about the role when the rumor came about, and that's why she shut it down? And why would Whedon be meeting with actresses, rather than just contacting Ronan directly, like they did Johnson?
I'm not stuck on her being Wanda, you're the one who said it's already been confirmed she's not in the running...which isn't true and that's what I was responding to. She wasn't in talks at the time...because no one was. If her agent contacted Marvel about it, again, it would have been before they started looking at people because Joss wouldn't have been finished with the script. There has been no further follow up with Ronan on the state of things since then, since Joss has completed the script, and there has been no further word on other actresses being in the running for Wanda, which is why I brought up Saoirse, because she's the only actress that has been linked to Wanda by a credible source. So yeah, this is a non-thing.

Old 08-14-2013, 11:05 PM   #71
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
I guess I would have to watch it. He comes off like a little brother to me though.
What does that even mean?

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #72
Ant-manic
Banned User

technically, Pietro is the little brother of Wanda. they are twins. but she was born first.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #73
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

I must say that Aaronīs voice is not optimal for Pietro tho, what do you think?

For some reason I canīt picture anyone else than Ronan for the role as SW now. She played a char in Host whoīs name was Wanda, coincidence? Omg I think not! O::::

Old 08-16-2013, 03:43 AM   #74
Steve Holt
STEVE HOLT!

if Aaron Johnson's talks fall through, what do people think about Robert Sheehan from Misfits?

Last edited by Steve Holt; 08-16-2013 at 03:51 AM.
Steve Holt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #75
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Quote:
He'll start with civilian clothes at first but think he'll be given some kind of suit to give him maximum aerodynamics once he's in the Avengers fray. Hopefully it'll have some nods to his typical 616 look but nothing too flashy.
I don't think they'll put him in red or gold.

>___>

<____<