The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 10:07 PM   #476
TheGoddess
Banned User

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

maybe she had it there all along and didn't notice it..cuz lol

I'm like that all the time.
She could have had family over,a niece or something who placed is there,and she just now paid attention to it.I'd be creeped too if i was a single woman living in NYC ALONE.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:36 AM   #477
Mystique's Leg
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

That's creepy. They should make a horror story out of that story about a haunted book, starring and directed by Famke.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #478
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

I hope it's not some freak that's sending her a message

Old 08-15-2013, 03:23 PM   #479
CyclopsSummers
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Cyclops dying off screen doesn't mean anything. Jean Grey, the one who killed him, confirmed it and spent the entire movie as an emotional mess because of it, and Xavier had his psychic bond with Cyclops severed, felt his death, and confirmed the death.

Cyclops is dead.
He has been vaporized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
Jean Grey is the only class 5 mutant the potential is limitless and Xavier has enormous talents they can easily bring Cyclops back to life.
By making a twist. Cyclops has not been vaporized finally, just inconscious somewhere.

Or time travel and modify the past.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #480
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
I hope it's not some freak that's sending her a message
LIKE YOU!!! Mystery solved.

I'll get you the teddy bears this Christmas. But don't resort to this.

Better yet, I'll break into Singer's home and convince him to get Cyclops in DoFP so that none of the fans feel lonely.

Old 08-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #481
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique's Leg View Post
That's creepy. They should make a horror story out of that story about a haunted book, starring and directed by Famke.
I think the guy that broke into her house already made that movie. Though it's more of a documentary because he put cameras all in her house and watches it at nightfall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 08-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #482
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
I think the guy that broke into her house already made that movie. Though it's more of a documentary because he put cameras all in her house and watches it at nightfall.
hmm... you seem to know alot about this for an... Innocent person

Old 08-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #483
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
hmm... you seem to know alot about this for an... Innocent person

Hell I wish I had thought of it. That guy is brilliant!

Quote:
*\S/T*
Old 08-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #484
Endeavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
LIKE YOU!!! Mystery solved.

I'll get you the teddy bears this Christmas. But don't resort to this.

Better yet, I'll break into Singer's home and convince him to get Cyclops in DoFP so that none of the fans feel lonely.
lol
whatchutalkinaboutWillis

Old 08-15-2013, 06:12 PM   #485
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Imagine finding this book my your night stand.

I would have shat myself.

Quote:
*\S/T*
Old 08-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #486
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Time travel = cheesy. Astral plane gibberish not. Ok then...
Indeed. As this entire plot has to focus on changing things to prevent an apocalyptic future, I don't understand how Scott and Jean's returning this way is more cheesy than another, entirely new construction to allow them to return.

Oh... and that book.... Jesus Christ I'd be dropping bricks.

Old 08-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #487
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Indeed. As this entire plot has to focus on changing things to prevent an apocalyptic future, I don't understand how Scott and Jean's returning this way is more cheesy than another, entirely new construction to allow them to return.

Oh... and that book.... Jesus Christ I'd be dropping bricks.
Because this plot isn't about retconning things that have happened already in the series because certain fans were unhappy with it.

The original story wasn't about undoing the comics that happened before it to create a new timeline of comics. But that's exactly what people want to happen in order to bring Cyclops and Jean Grey back.

Because in order to bring Cyclops and Jean Grey back, the main trilogy, or very significant pieces of the main trilogy, have to be undone to allow that.

Because the time travel is going back to 1973, to a time period where Cyclops and Jean Grey aren't even involved in, so them coming back at the end has nothing to do with anything that happened.

Old 08-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #488
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Imagine finding this book my your night stand.

I would have shat myself.
Aside from the crazy, obsessed fanboy possibility, maybe it's the crazy ex that still had the keys and Famke forgot about no taking that set of kets back.

But yeah, that's freaky. Most likely a crazy X-Men fanboy though, or someone that wanted to get done in same way Xenia did Bond in the Golden Eye movie.

Old 08-17-2013, 06:55 AM   #489
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

As I said elsewhere on here, we don't want Cyclops and Jean back only for it to be a repeat of the situation we had before: Wolverine dominates at Cyclops' expense and then the love triangle thing.

If Cyclops and Jean return, then it has to be something different.

Old 08-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #490
Mars123
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
As I said elsewhere on here, we don't want Cyclops and Jean back only for it to be a repeat of the situation we had before: Wolverine dominates at Cyclops' expense and then the love triangle thing.

If Cyclops and Jean return, then it has to be something different.
Absolutely it needs to change, I'd almost say no more triangle.... Maybe a few glances or one scene with Jean and wolvie where she sets the boundaries but no more trainable in the future please!

Old 08-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #491
Endeavor

I'd like to see Logan abandon his Jean obsession and go after his actual true love: Mariko

Old 08-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #492
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'd like to see Logan abandon his Jean obsession and go after his actual true love: Mariko
Yeah, she could cameo at the end of this movie and Wolverine could get some closure in that regard, but it is irrelevant. I think Logan has already moved on, so even if that couple is resurrected, he will let it be, regardless of whom he ends up with.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #493
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

I doubt it would be as simple as wolverine is over her, not after all the fuss they built up with X3 and the wolverine, he technically didn't get over her in the wolverine he just let her death go

Old 08-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #494
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

Well sadly, Bryan Singer has said that Scott isn't in Days of Future Past. I guess that James Marsden didn't want to return, but they could have recast him honestly. I am still holding hope the Framke Jensen as Jean does make an apperance or at least a reference. She was totally willing to come back last time I checked.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #495
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well X3 was kinda hinting at his relationship with Storm but with Wolverine they probably will go with Mariko.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #496
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxer View Post
Well sadly, Bryan Singer has said that Scott isn't in Days of Future Past. I guess that James Marsden didn't want to return, but they could have recast him honestly. I am still holding hope the Framke Jensen as Jean does make an apperance or at least a reference. She was totally willing to come back last time I checked.
Could be misdirection. Didn't Mangold and/or Famke state Jean wasn't in Wolverine either? My guess is that Marsden isn't in the film with anything of note, but I think there could be a cameo.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #497
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

You would think that given on how hard of a life that Scott Summers is known to have had during his upbringing, what with his parents dying in a plane crash, him and his brother being separated, along with the moment where he had to deal with his powers and wasn't able to control them until Xavier arrived in his life, that FOX could capitalize on all of that, but sadly, they lacked the foresight to do so.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #498
DOFP
Side-Kick

^^agreed ):

Old 08-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #499
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
You would think that given on how hard of a life that Scott Summers is known to have had during his upbringing, what with his parents dying in a plane crash, him and his brother being separated, along with the moment where he had to deal with his powers and wasn't able to control them until Xavier arrived in his life, that FOX could capitalize on all of that, but sadly, they lacked the foresight to do so.
Sadly this is sooo true.

Quote:
*\S/T*
Old 08-21-2013, 06:51 PM   #500
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Even though it’s already been 7 years since “The Last Stand”, I still can’t get over on how badly screwed Cyclops was from the X-Men Franchise. Before the third film was released, I was hopeful that Cyclops would receive a substantial role in the third film due to Logan’s story being somewhat concluded regarding his past in the Second film, along with how they were going with the Dark Phoenix storyline. I had no idea then on how much they would change things in the final result.

I think it makes it even worse when I watch things like X-Men: Evolution, or even Wolverine and the X-men, where Cyclops was better fleshed out and portrayed in those incarnations, even in the latter one, than he was in the live action franchise.

What ever happened to the guy that told an unconscious Xavier in the first film that he would take and look after the X-Men and everyone else in the school if something should happen to Xavier?

This is why I wanted a reboot for the X-Men franchise when First Class was announced, and especially after I saw it because if they could give Alex Summers in that film a good enough role then imagine what they could have done with Scott, especially in a Wolverine Free team.

Honestly, I don’t hate Wolverine. I really like the character, mainly due to how Hugh Jackman portrays him. But I don’t like how Scott had to be the scapegoat in order for Wolverine to shine. Cyclops lost his role in the team, his overall significance, and even his woman, to Wolverine.

Closed Thread